Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Sir Kenny Dalglish: Appreciation Thread

Read 234948 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Kenny Dalglish No Longer Liverpool Manager :(
      Reply #115: May 16, 2012 05:31:14 pm
      Does he have an official position within the club?

No.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,969 posts | 3945 
      Reply #116: May 16, 2012 05:31:29 pm
      not while they have a hole in their arse will they understand LFC or football.
      This all F***ing day, how can you own a club that by your actions makes it impossible to for you to support personally?
      How embarrassing would it be for him to turn up at Anfield and be subject to the expected abuse and hate and could they understand that?
      I fear for the club's future while comparing the dismissal of Rafa under the previous Americans.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,084 posts | 966 
      Reply #117: May 16, 2012 05:31:49 pm
      I would have feared for Kenny's health had he continued . He looks totally shattered and years Oder than when he came in , and next season would have seen more pressure piled on him.
      It was a hard job to take on at his age after being out for so long , it's not just a full time job , it's all consuming.
      The one thing we wouldn't have wanted  was  Kenny suffering health problems. I think his total desire to do his best for the club he loves so much , just added to the already huge pressures.
      He felt he owed us because of how he left last time , he owes us nothing , our gratitude to him is too big to measure.
      I hope he enjoys a well earned holiday with his family and that we see him back at Anfield supporting the Reds next season, looking healthy and rested .
      Thankyou Kenny for everything. YNWA.   :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #118: May 16, 2012 05:32:07 pm
      If the stories around Ayre helping to push Rafa out are true, then that might be the reason he has also left.
      Just a thought.

Eem

• 6,018 posts | 89 
      Reply #119: May 16, 2012 05:32:21 pm
      We won't be in the market for top draw managers. We've blown that with the carousel of sacking managers we have just embarked on.

Sorry, I don't buy that.

Chelsea have long been a circus of sacking managers but have got some top class managers anyway.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #120: May 16, 2012 05:32:48 pm
      Expecting someone like Martinez personally. Rafa is the only realistic option in the bracket of "Top class" managers I see coming to us.

Not sure if you'd say he is 'top class' but Villas-Boas could be a possibility. No doubt he will become a top class manager and I think he's one that would relish the challenge of trying to build a team at Liverpool and slowly get us back to the top.

For the record, I quite like Martinez. Not sure if he can make the step up from Wigan just yet though.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #121: May 16, 2012 05:33:34 pm
      God bless Kenny for the job he did these last 14 months. I can't deny I am very very angry but we can sit back and watch FSG's next move.

I hope for Andre Villas Boas and NOT Martinez. But really I just wanted Kenny for next season.

Mark Lawrenson got it bang on - major surgery WASN'T required.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #122: May 16, 2012 05:33:45 pm
      So, Pep Guardiola, after just leaving one of the best teams in the history of club football for a sebatical, will suddenly jump at the chance to manage a team who have just finished 8th in the league, have no DoF, have no DoC, no CoE, no new stadium, have sacked 3 managers in the past two years & do not have endless finances to throw at players?

Some of you need to give your heads a wobble.

We won't be in the market for top draw managers. We've blown that opportunity with the carousel of sacking managers we have just embarked on.

I truly do fear for the next manager that comes in, because if he doesn't conjure up a top 4 position within his first season & (God forbid) a trophy, I have no doubt the same people who were screaming for Kenny to be given the boot on twitter will be back here again in 12 months time demanding another manager and another miracle.

Expecting someone like Martinez personally. Rafa is the only realistic option in the bracket of "Top class" managers I see coming to us.

Agree with this all day long.

I would like Bielsa to get the job, but he may be out of our league for the reasons you give.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #123: May 16, 2012 05:34:08 pm
      Shocked, saddened, gobsmacked!

Thank you Kenny for righting our ship in our time of need, for bringing back the Liverpool Way, even if it wasn't to last.

I only hope this was mainly Kenny's choice to stand aside, as I certainly don't think he was given the time to implement his style of play or correct mistakes that were made in building his team.

I sincerely hope that his successor will be of the required standard to once again begin building a team capable of challenging for the highest honours in England and Europe.

You'll Never Walk Alone, Kenny Dalglish.
      bmck

• 9,404 posts | 1611 
      • YNWA
      Reply #124: May 16, 2012 05:34:22 pm
      So, KK is gone :( Only heard a few mins ago.
      Club statement tomorrow I hear.
      First reaction. Very disappointed. Not fair, 1 year FFS.
      These guys have shown they can clear guys out BUT they had better have a pretty good F***ing plan for getting the right guys in.
      Impossible to get someone who would be more liked - so the new guys will have some winning over to do.
      But fuckit, not thinkin about that now.
      DALGLISH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #125: May 16, 2012 05:34:28 pm
      Good job.

That info hasn't been hidden.

Mate I told you all Kenny was going two weeks ago.

I told you all yesterday Kenny had not been sacked or resigned.

I told you all Kenny landed at heathrow yesterday morning.

I said the owners were analyzing his report before they made a final decision.

And I said David Dein is giving FSG all the advice.

All of it turned out to be correct.

I'm not ITK, I just happened to friendly with some one who does get a lot of info.
      I See Red People
      • Forum Avi Cohen

• 24 posts |
      • Now it's glory round the Fields of Anfield Road...
      Reply #126: May 16, 2012 05:34:47 pm
      Whoever they give the job to next they MUST stick with him for an extended period. Further to that, the fans MUST get behind him whoever he is. Given that half of the fan base still hankers after Benitez, I'd give it to him. I don't rate him as high as they do myself, but from reading the forums over the last few weeks my guess is they're not going to support anybody but Rafa until he's had another go.

Me, I'll support whoever is the manager, I always do. He MUST be given at least three seasons tho.

Gotta agree.  The revolving door needs nailing shut and some stability established.  Just imagine all the squad shake-ups coming down the pipeline now, as the new man comes in and looks to put his stamp on things.  Another "bedding in" year in store?  ???
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #127: May 16, 2012 05:34:51 pm
      Overjoyed with emotion when he got the job, sad and as near to tears as a grown man gets when I heard this, it feels wrong to have the words "liverpool sack kenny dalglish" in the same sentence, how football has changed.

Whatever happens we will never ever get a man again that loves the club selflessley like Kenny....this is a truly sad day, even if we win the league next year - how can you replace the happiness we all feel when we score and Kenny gives his two armed salute WITH THAT SMILE.....LFC is more than a football club, but today it feels like a business.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #128: May 16, 2012 05:34:59 pm
      Not sure if you'd say he is 'top class' but Villas-Boas could be a possibility. No doubt he will become a top class manager and I think he's one that would relish the challenge of trying to build a team at Liverpool and slowly get us back to the top.

For the record, I quite like Martinez. Not sure if he can make the step up from Wigan just yet though.

I reckon AVB thinks he has unfinished business to prove in the Premier League.

I'd rather have him than Martinez.
      Teamofthemacs
      • Forum Steve Staunton

• 150 posts |
      • By that you mean..?
      Reply #129: May 16, 2012 05:35:34 pm
      I hope all those players who know themselves that their lack of character has contributed to the departure of a gentleman of greater integrity than they could ever conceive of, are at this moment hanging their heads in shame.

YNWA King Kenny, all the best Sir.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,464 posts | 228 
      Reply #130: May 16, 2012 05:35:49 pm
      God bless Kenny for the job he did these last 14 months. I can't deny I am very very angry but we can sit back and watch FSG's next move.

I hope for Andre Villas Boas and NOT Martinez. But really I just wanted Kenny for next season.

Mark Lawrenson got it bang on - major surgery WASN'T required.

Martinez has just guided his team to just avoid relegation last 2 seasons, I dont think hes the caliber we should be after. But granted, he is talented and in 5-10 years time, I think he could become a very good manager.

Realistically, I would like Rafa Benitez as first choice. Then maybe Boas/Klopp/Capello. We need proven winners who can handle big players and can improve the team straight away. WE need to get back to Champions League as a priority.
      PepeReina25
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,400 posts |
      Reply #131: May 16, 2012 05:35:55 pm
      Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC
      RT @TonyBarretTimes Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.
      Dannylfc

• 5,010 posts | 174 
      • Always in our shadow.
      Reply #132: May 16, 2012 05:36:04 pm
      Chelsea have long been a circus of sacking managers but have got some top class managers anyway.

They've also got a Russian Billionaire who happens to have a bottomless pit of money to lure them there.
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #133: May 16, 2012 05:36:30 pm
      This entire shambles is not how we do things at Liverpool FC

Owners must do better
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #134: May 16, 2012 05:36:43 pm
      Ben Smith ‏ @BenSmithBBC
      RT @TonyBarretTimes Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.

F**k sake.

Now what.
      LFCexiled
      Reply #135: May 16, 2012 05:36:53 pm
      FFS!

Empty F***ing ship.

Tony Barrett ‏ @TonyBarretTimes
      Looks like Liverpool need a new assistant manager too. Hearing Steve Clarke has left out of loyalty to Dalglish.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #136: May 16, 2012 05:36:58 pm
      I reckon AVB thinks he has unfinished business to prove in the Premier League.

I'd rather have him than Martinez.

Yeah, that's why I suggested him mate. And I remember a few reports saying FSG were after a younger manager who would build a team to challenge for years. He could fit that profile I guess but I think Roma are after him too.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,326 posts | 2823 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #137: May 16, 2012 05:37:08 pm
      I'm not ITK, I just happened to friendly with some one who does get a lot of info.

Err.. if you have the information, you're an ITK - isn't that the definition of it? You might not like the label but you're no different than the all the others. Good that you get most of the stuff right. I remember suggestions about Aguero though :D

Quick Reply