Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Sir Kenny Dalglish: Appreciation Thread

Read 236448 times
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Re: Kenny Dalglish No Longer Liverpool Manager :(
      Reply #2438: Jul 07, 2013 06:45:04 pm
      I'm not sure Kenny is as bitter as some supporters are, though. He is writing for the Mirror after all, and we all remember their coverage of the whole Suarez thing.

You may very well be right Mozzie although the two are very different issues really. Isn't it quite possible for any human being to forgive some things and not others?  :confused-smiley-013:

You could (maybe) forgive your girlfriend for burning the Chili and (maybe) not be so quick to forgive her for whoring the town behind your back.  ;D

Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #2439: Jul 07, 2013 07:07:22 pm
      I'm not sure Kenny is as bitter as some supporters are, though. He is writing for the Mirror after all, and we all remember their coverage of the whole Suarez thing.

I agree with this. Maybe he was as bitter but he always thinks about the club in the highest regard. His return even if the owners have the wrong reason in mind is still best for the club if you ask me.
      caboodlems
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #2440: Jul 24, 2013 05:20:13 pm
      Just a point on how Dalglish supposedly blew the millions. He sold Torres and Babel for £58 million and bought Carroll and Suarez for that amount. With Carroll out for £15 million and Suarez likely out at £40 million plus, we've got our money back. Yes Carroll's transfer fee was stupid but Suarez's was a bargain and you win some, lose some but overall no loss. Just a point !
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2441: Jul 24, 2013 07:27:23 pm
      Just a point on how Dalglish supposedly blew the millions. He sold Torres and Babel for £58 million and bought Carroll and Suarez for that amount. With Carroll out for £15 million and Suarez likely out at £40 million plus, we've got our money back. Yes Carroll's transfer fee was stupid but Suarez's was a bargain and you win some, lose some but overall no loss. Just a point !

Well Kenny wasn't doing any of the negotiations though. I understand your point, but that was Comolli who was largely negotiating transfer fees and wages.
      Scottbot

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #2442: Jul 24, 2013 07:53:44 pm
      How does the Kenny thread keep on getting re-bumped? It's been over a year now yanno
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,176 posts | 8550 
      Reply #2443: Jul 25, 2013 04:39:28 pm
      How does the Kenny thread keep on getting re-bumped? It's been over a year now yanno

Generally because of the gobshites who want to moan about the supposed money Kenny wasted, then those of us who love the F***ing bones of Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish reply tearing said gobs***e a new one.

That's the top and bottom of it!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2444: Jul 25, 2013 05:57:47 pm
      I am always glad to be reminded of how this club treated him. Its representative of what we have become.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #2445: Jul 25, 2013 06:03:38 pm
      Generally because of the gobshites who want to moan about the supposed money Kenny wasted, then those of us who love the f**king bones of Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish reply tearing said gobs***e a new one.

Though given the analogy it is mainly the "bottom" HR - as one who has thoroughly enjoyed defending the King when required!

DALGLISH!!
      caboodlems
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #2446: Jul 26, 2013 11:21:11 am
      Generally because of the gobshites who want to moan about the supposed money Kenny wasted, then those of us who love the f**king bones of Kenneth Mathieson Dalglish reply tearing said gobs***e a new one.

This was exactly my point. Just defending the king from criticism he never deserved. Also I thank him for 2 cup finals and telling Wenger to fek off.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #2447: Jul 26, 2013 11:59:14 am
      This was exactly my point. Just defending the king from criticism he never deserved. Also I thank him for 2 cup finals and telling Wenger to fek off.

what are these cup finals you talk of surely Kenny couldn't have had any success or they wouldn't have sacked him and replace him with a manager who has no experience of top level football or no history of winning.Still makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
      caboodlems
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 29 posts |
      Reply #2448: Jul 26, 2013 12:50:25 pm
      what are these cup finals you talk of surely Kenny couldn't have had any success or they wouldn't have sacked him and replace him with a manager who has no experience of top level football or no history of winning.Still makes my blood boil just thinking about it.
      but can Kenny do a powerpoint presentation  :mad:
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #2449: Dec 04, 2013 04:18:07 pm

I think Kenny's view is "keep your friends close, and your enemies even closer"..

I remember the 1st window when he was asked about whether Fenway were making any money available for transfers. He said "yes there's money available" etc. Then he said "its not pr". But the expression on his face was saying "these are Yank owners, ofcourse they're full of sh*t".
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2450: Dec 04, 2013 04:20:44 pm
      Dalglish!.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #2451: Apr 15, 2014 05:43:46 pm
      YNWA Boss.

Dalglish!.

We never forget the weight your shoulders carried 25years ago.
      frizzby5
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 18,362 posts | 627 
      Reply #2452: Apr 15, 2014 06:45:46 pm
      YNWA Boss.

Dalglish!.

We never forget the weight your shoulders carried 25years ago.

What Shabs Sez !
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #2453: Apr 15, 2014 07:03:55 pm
      The whole of our club and each and everyone of us is thankful that Kenny was there.

He took on the weight of the clubs grief and was a rock. The events no doubt affected Kenny.

I am and always will be in awe if the man
      « Last Edit: Apr 16, 2014 12:15:12 am by 7-King Kenny-7 »
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2454: Apr 15, 2014 07:08:17 pm
      Made me tear up seeing Kenny respond to Brendan's acknowledgement.

Kenny will always be boss.

No reason we can't have two.  :)
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #2455: Apr 15, 2014 07:18:43 pm
      Just don't understand anyone having a sly dig at Kenny, today of all days. He has been, and still continues to be, a rock for the families and this football club.
      No true supporter would even bring this up, especially not on the anniversary.
      So sad this was even mentioned.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2456: Apr 15, 2014 07:19:58 pm

Multiply the Suarez figure by three for a more realistic figure and it seems KD got the bullet for potentially making the club a F***ing fortune.

Dancho
      • Forum David Johnson

• 231 posts |
      Reply #2457: Apr 15, 2014 07:25:31 pm
      You are right and maybe I should have just kept silent. Not wanting to be disrespectful in any way I love the great person Kenny is and what he has given to this club. As he himself often says  everybody should be treated with respect and our current manager deserves that also.

Maybe try thinking before you say anything, today of all days.

stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      Reply #2458: Apr 15, 2014 07:35:55 pm
      Why would anyone query the continuing respect and adulation of a legend of both Liverpool FC and the city of Liverpool?     
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #2459: Apr 15, 2014 07:36:08 pm
      Welled up watching Kenny today, he's a different class of man when you think about what he's done over the years for the club and the families connected to Hillsborough, If there is one man I'd love to go for a pint with maybe even a Boyzone concert :D, it would be Kenny.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #2460: Apr 15, 2014 07:37:41 pm
      You are right and maybe I should have just kept silent. Not wanting to be disrespectful in any way I love the great person Kenny is and what he has given to this club. As he himself often says  everybody should be treated with respect and our current manager deserves that also.

Of course he does but today he was right in acknowledging Kenny's involvement and support to the families of 96 Liverpool fans who died 25 years ago 

Today is about all of us honouring and remembering them not having digs at fellow supporters for comments made nearly a year ago.

Quick Reply