Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 48756 times
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #414: Oct 19, 2013 10:05:58 am
      Yesterday's Anfield Wrap was an eye opener.

So The Spirit of Shankly sent a letter to Ayre asking him about the ticket prices at away games and were sent one back telling them to go through the Supporters Group that was set up by the club if they wanted to bring anything up? The same Spirit of Shankly that he thought was the dog's bollocks when they were working alongside each other to get rid of Hicks and Gilette?

Amazing to hear that the Club have spoken to just one member of this supporters group and actually swore him to secrecy with regards to what was said during that meeting.

Why?

What's clear to me is that the clowns that run this club have seen what The SoS can do and have basically closed the door on them as a voice as they know that they are very, very good at asking questions that they may not want to answer one day. A Supporters Group set up by themselves though? They'll do what the club wants them to do. Hardly independent.

They have also deemed putting leaflets on chairs at the ground in order to raise awareness for the IPCC Inquiry as 'not appropriate'.

Why putting leaflets on chairs to raise awareness so people can come forward and give evidence in something that is not only the most important thing to happen in the history of our football club but also the biggest single investigation against the police force in this country's history is absolutely, f**king unbelievable.

My dislike for FSG and their lapdog(s) goes so much further than any net spend.

Clueless, uneducated, sly and arrogant to say the least.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013 10:11:16 am by what-a-hit-son »
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #415: Oct 19, 2013 10:40:48 am
      I really can't wait to see the back of Ayre & FSG,people are critical of ownership of Abromovich & Al-Mansour but you can bet you're bottom dollar they would show more respect to fans concerns.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,146 posts | 1619 
      Reply #416: Oct 19, 2013 11:34:35 am
      I really can't wait to see the back of Ayre & FSG,people are critical of ownership of Abromovich & Al-Mansour but you can bet you're bottom dollar they would show more respect to fans concerns.
      Ayre is the one I can't stand, you kind of expect the owners to not really 'get' the city and the people, they're in it for the money. But Ayre is actually from the city and he's just a smug little no-mark really isn't he? He lives (I assume) in the city, sees the people every day and just treats us all like 2nd class citizens. However, when it comes to all the fans in the Far East, they're the best thing since sliced bread because they're willing to spend more on 'the brand'.
      « Last Edit: Oct 19, 2013 11:54:07 am by RedWilly »
      daveyd
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,670 posts | 35 
      • Jürgen Klopp to take us back to the top
      Reply #417: Oct 19, 2013 11:52:22 am
      Ayre is a media hungry cnut. End off. Scouse by birth,Tory by Nature. 100%w**ker. The shame of that man is unbelievable.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #418: Oct 19, 2013 06:30:41 pm
      the whole hierarchy is so far removed from the origins of this club its frightening. There must be some very honourable ex managers and directors of this club regularly turning in their graves
      manwithnoname
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 31 
      Reply #419: Oct 21, 2013 03:39:49 pm

Abramovich appointed Benitez and fired three fan favourites. He doesn't give a F**k. But Chelsea know they can't survive with out his amazing generosity with the petrodollars he stole from millions of Russians.

The Arabs know that Man City is their tool to do a worldwide PR job for their country, which is why they bought City in the first place.

The Americans like making money and winning. It's hard to do both in the Premiership.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,963 posts | 3944 
      Reply #420: Oct 21, 2013 03:55:32 pm

Abramovich appointed Benitez and fired three fan favourites. He doesn't give a F**k. But Chelsea know they can't survive with out his amazing generosity with the petrodollars he stole from millions of Russians.

The Arabs know that Man City is their tool to do a worldwide PR job for their country, which is why they bought City in the first place.

The Americans like making money and winning. It's hard to do both in the Premiership.

Prioritising on the other hand is very easy.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #421: Aug 13, 2014 09:16:19 am
      I think that this year he have done a brilliant job because all the players that we were constantly linked to are here or going to be here. This include Can, Lambert, Lallana, Markovic, Lovren, Origi, Manquillo and Moreno.

All these names were the constant linked players. The only one that I can think of that we did not sign was Shaqiri.

Cavani, Reus, Falcao, etc are the obvious targets for rumors article but we are not sure if we tried to sign them.

Well done for once Ayre. Where credit is deserved, it should he given.

Keep them coming.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #422: Aug 13, 2014 09:33:11 am
      I think that this year he have done a brilliant job because all the players that we were constantly linked to are here or going to be here. This include Can, Lambert, Lallana, Markovic, Lovren, Origi, Manquillo and Moreno.

All these names were the constant linked players. The only one that I can think of that we did not sign was Shaqiri.

Cavani, Reus, Falcao, etc are the obvious targets for rumors article but we are not sure if we tried to sign them.

Well done for once Ayre. Where credit is deserved, it should he given.

Keep them coming.

I agree mate, although to be fair it is always easier shopping with a fat wallet rather than with just some loose change in your pocket.

I think due to the Suarez sale and CL etc etc he has been able to do more this time than just look at the goods with his nose pressed against the glass.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #423: Aug 13, 2014 09:41:59 am
      I agree mate, although to be fair it is always easier shopping with a fat wallet rather than with just some loose change in your pocket.

I think due to the Suarez sale and CL etc etc he has been able to do more this time than just look at the goods with his nose pressed against the glass.

Agreed I think we gave Ayre a hard time last season although to be fair he did himself no favours with how he portrayed himself in that Being Liverpool doc. But credit where it's due we have signed almost all of our main targets. If we had not then he would surely got the boot.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #424: Aug 13, 2014 10:38:33 am
      Agreed I think we gave Ayre a hard time last season although to be fair he did himself no favours with how he portrayed himself in that Being Liverpool doc. But credit where it's due we have signed almost all of our main targets. If we had not then he would surely got the boot.

we have done some cracking deals so far but the most important one a striker to replace the 30 plus goal striker we have lost is no closer.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #425: Aug 13, 2014 10:48:14 am
      we have done some cracking deals so far but the most important one a striker to replace the 30 plus goal striker we have lost is no closer.

Yea but replacing Suarez is an impossible task. The best Ayre can do is negotiate with whatever striker targets he is given so we can't blame him if there are no top class targets available at present. The likes of Falcao and Cavani are unrealistic options in my opinion for various reasons not just the money involved. We do need a striker and I think we will get Bony which I think is about as good as we can realistically do given the lack of quality strikers available on the market presently.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,111 posts | 441 
      Reply #426: Aug 14, 2014 01:16:56 am
      Ian did a good job in the Suarez deal.  That was a cracking peace of business.  For a player in such situation against a club that ripped us off in the past and many others.  That was a fantastic result.  In and out he has been doing really well of late in negotiations. 
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #427: Aug 21, 2014 04:49:31 pm
      Credit where it's due, if we have indeed got Balo, and we are trying for somebody else...  This has been the best window since 04/05
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #428: Aug 21, 2014 07:08:42 pm
      All right...fair enough, to a certain extent he's earned his salary this transfer window :roll: :o :o Questions still loom large though regarding Suarez's fee; did he give his all in trying to persuade Sanchez; the palava surrounding the Moreno deal and also the seemingly lack of direction in identifying a recognised striker.

Peter Robinson he ain't. I don't know if it's purely down to Ayre but even Parry when a player was identified seemed perfectly adept in going in and getting the business done quickly and relatively quietly. 
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #429: Aug 22, 2014 11:39:40 am
      This is actually going to hurt me I think but I'm going to say it....

He's doing alright this Summer isn't he?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #430: Aug 22, 2014 11:43:42 am
      All right...fair enough, to a certain extent he's earned his salary this transfer window :roll: :o :o Questions still loom large though regarding Suarez's fee; did he give his all in trying to persuade Sanchez; the palava surrounding the Moreno deal and also the seemingly lack of direction in identifying a recognised striker.

Peter Robinson he ain't. I don't know if it's purely down to Ayre but even Parry when a player was identified seemed perfectly adept in going in and getting the business done quickly and relatively quietly.

For years we've been saying about how we always get bent over in the transfer window, and end up paying over the odds.
      Ayre plays hardball and we have a dig about that as well.

I'm no fan of the bloke, but it appears he is getting better at the job of bringing players in.
      We already know he can bring in the sponsors, now he needs to step it up when bringing players in.
      To be fair, he's done well this window.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #431: Aug 22, 2014 01:39:22 pm
      Can we also say being back in CL helped encourage our targets to join us? But credit to him. How did Moreno transact at £12m?
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #432: Aug 22, 2014 02:12:13 pm
      Can we also say being back in CL helped encourage our targets to join us? But credit to him. How did Moreno transact at £12m?

I am sure CL has helped, even young players today seem to demand it (as hopefully the mancs will find out), but I think to a large extent we seem to have managed to bring in a lot of players that we haven't really had much competition for. Do we still seem to either lose out or "run away" if there is any chance of a bidding war? I think CL has helped clear the way, with clubs like Spurs getting knocked backed early because they don't have it.

Maybe even the fact that other clubs know we have money (for once) has meant they were less likely to try to out muscle us.

I think Moreno may eventually cost us £18million with the add ons, but at least he is going to have to perform before we pay those add ons out.

MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #433: Sep 27, 2016 06:58:27 pm

Got a reference off Jürgen .
      Must have given him the Harley .
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #434: Sep 27, 2016 07:19:43 pm
      Ta'ra chuck....
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,474 posts | 701 
      Reply #435: Sep 27, 2016 07:40:36 pm
      maybe this means we can get transfers done slightly faster than a snails pace?
      DaktionLFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,084 posts | 84 
      Reply #436: Sep 27, 2016 09:35:27 pm
      maybe this means we can get transfers done slightly faster than a snails pace?

i dunno.  but i hope we dont do a manutd when their back office retired as well when fergie left

we need a well connected seasoned leader with a strong roledex of contacts.  we cant be training anyone for this role

Quick Reply