Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 49146 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #437: Sep 27, 2016 09:59:36 pm
      we need a well connected seasoned leader with a strong roledex of contacts.

The opposite to Ayre then.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #438: Sep 27, 2016 10:57:02 pm
      Should go now. Lame duck CEO. As soon as he said he was going the reds should have got a replacement in.

IMO.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #439: Sep 28, 2016 09:34:34 am
      Should go now. Lame duck CEO. As soon as he said he was going the reds should have got a replacement in.

IMO.

Possibly some one already in FSG's employment taking over the role?, hence the lack of urgency ?
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #440: Sep 28, 2016 09:41:52 am
      Some amazing posts at the top of this page from 2014! Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing  ;D

I think that this year he have done a brilliant job because all the players that we were constantly linked to are here or going to be here. This include Can, Lambert, Lallana, Markovic, Lovren, Origi, Manquillo and Moreno.

All these names were the constant linked players. The only one that I can think of that we did not sign was Shaqiri.

Cavani, Reus, Falcao, etc are the obvious targets for rumors article but we are not sure if we tried to sign them.

Well done for once Ayre. Where credit is deserved, it should he given.

My personal favourite though:

Credit where it's due, if we have indeed got Balo, and we are trying for somebody else...  This has been the best window since 04/05

:lmao:

Has anyone seen nnilswerdna recently?
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #441: Sep 28, 2016 09:47:02 am
      Some amazing posts at the top of this page from 2014! Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing

I think it was more he basically succeeded in his remit in getting the players in that Rodgers and the Committee selected than the quality of the signings.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #442: Sep 28, 2016 09:49:34 am
      Still don't think he's done a bad job. Business-wise he's done a handy job.

Just has no idea about football. Therefore his effectiveness is limited.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #443: Sep 28, 2016 10:13:52 am
      Still don't think he's done a bad job. Business-wise he's done a handy job.

Just has no idea about football. Therefore his effectiveness is limited.

I'm less convinced on this mate, when we look at the business we've brought in I think that FSG's connections may have had plenty to do with the sponsorship increase.

Will be good riddance from my perspective, wonder how much of an influence Jürgen had on it because it was announced that he'd be leaving relatively quickly after Jürgen arrived. Will be very interesting who takes his place, I just hope it's not another FSG company man.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #444: Sep 28, 2016 10:18:58 am
      I just hope it's not another FSG company man.

I'm thinking it may be Mike Gordon, Could be wrong on that.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #445: Sep 28, 2016 10:21:05 am
      Just hope FSG stay away from the snake in cuban heels.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #446: Sep 28, 2016 10:27:11 am
      Tainted f**ker as far as I'm concerned, had his hand in the removal of Rafa,sacking of Kenny, employing Woy..

I hope we get a good footballing man onboard to help Klopp going forward...let the money men deal with the money deals & footballing men on football matters.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #447: Sep 28, 2016 10:34:41 am
      If we shuffle the pack and go for a sporting director as Fsg originally planned, we could see some one like Fabio Paratici (Juve) or Michael Zorc (Dortmund) come in.

crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #448: Sep 28, 2016 11:20:26 am
      I'm less convinced on this mate, when we look at the business we've brought in I think that FSG's connections may have had plenty to do with the sponsorship increase.

Will be good riddance from my perspective, wonder how much of an influence Jürgen had on it because it was announced that he'd be leaving relatively quickly after Jürgen arrived. Will be very interesting who takes his place, I just hope it's not another FSG company man.

We've brought in sponsorship from businesses FSG would either know very well or have existing ties with, but there's many more he would've worked on.

Can't remember where I found it but there was a document on all sponsorships signed under FSG and Ian would've been at the heart of plenty of negotiations.

I'm not glowing in my praise for him, as he has done some things that a CEO just shouldn't and in a very amateurish way, but he's done some good.

I expect the next CEO, which I also saw was going to be from within the club, to do a much better job.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #449: Sep 28, 2016 02:52:53 pm
      Some amazing posts at the top of this page from 2014! Obviously hindsight is a wonderful thing  ;D

My personal favourite though:

:lmao:

Has anyone seen nnilswerdna recently?

Mate, if those were the players that we wanted and he got them, I think he did his job. For sure, it is not his fault that those players did not play decently.
      friedeggden
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 987 posts | 258 
      Reply #450: Sep 28, 2016 04:30:04 pm
      Mate, if those were the players that we wanted and he got them, I think he did his job. For sure, it is not his fault that those players did not play decently.

I know, I just found them funny. Of course as I said, with hindsight.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,690 posts | 3711 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #451: Sep 28, 2016 04:37:57 pm
      I know, I just found them funny. Of course as I said, with hindsight.

Don't worry mate. He did a decent job but not great for sure.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,177 posts | 8552 
      Reply #452: Sep 28, 2016 06:06:50 pm
      I know he doesn't get much credit on here and I'll gladly take the piss out of the cheesy b***ard, but Ayre deserves some credit for allowing the HJC to have some recognition alongside the HFSG. For a long time the HJC even though only over the road from the Kop stand didn't even get a mention when it came around to the anniversary of Hillsborough. Good to see that change and I think it had a little bit to do with Ayre.
      GERNS
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,322 posts | 1524 
      Reply #453: Sep 29, 2016 12:00:57 am
      Ayre was in the Navy with my brother in law. Heard some really pathetic stories about him, but to be fair to the man, he's not here to defend himself so i'll keep them to myself.
      Seen some great Photos of him bladdered though, and you can imagine what those matlows done to anyone who let them down on a night out on the piss.
      He's certainly done well for himself since then, but no f**ker who was with him can fathom out how.
      Suppose that means theres a chance for all of us.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,631 posts | 6940 
      Reply #454: Nov 23, 2016 10:37:21 am
      Liverpool are like a Faberge egg - Ian Ayre
      “I think in a club like Liverpool it is one of the hardest challenges for a chief executive.

“Because the core of Liverpool fans only want to think of this as a football club. And I get that. I have been that person. And to a degree I still am.

“You know, I wish that it could still be like it was in 1973 or 1974 when I was coming and standing in the queue to get in and then standing with my mates to watch the game and all of those things.

“But the problem is, if you want to stay in that place, in that way, in that style, you are going to fall behind. Because the big boys, the big competitors, the big teams, both home and away in Europe, are all moving at a pace.

“When I arrived here 10 years ago, there was a lot of criticism around the fact that people felt we hadn’t capitalised upon our success back in the seventies and eighties. And as such, we had a bit of catching up to do.

“You can’t do that catching up without changing things. And change brings a little bit of unrest and business challenges. You know the media attention, the change in digital media, changes in hospitality, retail and other things.

“They all bring change and a lot of people are fearsome of change, particularly when you are dealing with something so unique and special and with so much heritage as Liverpool.

“You know, I wish that it could still be like it was in 1973 or 1974 when I was coming and standing in the queue to get in and then standing with my mates to watch the game and all of those things.

“But the problem is, if you want to stay in that place, in that way, in that style, you are going to fall behind. Because the big boys, the big competitors, the big teams, both home and away in Europe, are all moving at a pace.

“When I arrived here 10 years ago, there was a lot of criticism around the fact that people felt we hadn’t capitalised upon our success back in the seventies and eighties. And as such, we had a bit of catching up to do.

“You can’t do that catching up without changing things. And change brings a little bit of unrest and business challenges. You know the media attention, the change in digital media, changes in hospitality, retail and other things.

“They all bring change and a lot of people are fearsome of change, particularly when you are dealing with something so unique and special and with so much heritage as Liverpool.

“I always describe it to people that it’s like looking after a Faberge Egg. It’s worth a fortune and God help that you would ever break it or damage it. It’s like carrying it around in your pocket most days. And some days you might sit on it.

“But the important thing is that you are always conscious of it.

“You get criticism as a club and an individual and I understand that, because people care so much about the outcome. They care so much about the product.

“But if you are going to do this job you have to do it knowing that you are carrying that special thing around with you.

“And as long as you have got that in mind, as long as when you make decisions you genuinely believe you are taking them and doing them for the right reasons and for the good of the football club, then you can’t really go wrong.

“Yes, sometimes you’ll get things wrong. But that’s life isn’t it? I’d like to meet the people who don’t get something wrong.

“But no, I think as a business now, we have great facilities, we have great people, we have a world class team of people managing and running the business day to day.

“And we have a great offering. We have something for everyone both in terms of where you sit, what you eat, what you buy.

“If we can bring success now, on the football pitch, we are really ready for it.

“I would argue that when I first came here ten years ago, if we had won something at that point in time, we had won the league or whatever, we weren’t ready to capitalise upon that.

“We weren’t ready to deliver everything that everyone would want as a result of winning. We wouldn’t be able to grow as a result of winning at that time because we couldn’t take advantage of that.

“And we are now, we are really in great shape.

“If you look at the growth of the business and the growth of the revenue and everything at Liverpool, the stand, all of that, that’s been to a certain degree despite the football. We haven’t had success and yet we’ve achieved lots of goals and moved forward significantly.

“So if we can bring success, then the sky’s the limit.”
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      Reply #455: Nov 23, 2016 02:12:22 pm
      He really needs to stop opening his mouth.

I see what he's saying and I know exactly where he's coming from - I agree with him, too - but he sounds like a massive bell-shaft.

Quote from: Ian Ayre
      “And as long as you have got that in mind, as long as when you make decisions you genuinely believe you are taking them and doing them for the right reasons and for the good of the football club, then you can’t really go wrong.

“Yes, sometimes you’ll get things wrong. But that’s life isn’t it? I’d like to meet the people who don’t get something wrong.

You can't go wrong. 

But you can go wrong.
      _              _
        \_(ツ)_/
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #456: Nov 23, 2016 05:52:47 pm
      He really needs to stop opening his mouth.

I see what he's saying and I know exactly where he's coming from - I agree with him, too - but he sounds like a massive bell-shaft.

You can't go wrong. 

But you can go wrong.
      _              _
        \_(ツ)_/

I suppose these quotes (some are definitely cringe worthy) depends a bit on the context as to where they were spoken. If this was on the offal and he is trying to speak to supporters I would shake my head...if this was a speech at some football business association luncheon then OK...its kind of what they would talk about and the language they would use.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #457: Nov 23, 2016 07:27:27 pm
       :couch:  ... has he gone yet ?
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #458: Nov 23, 2016 10:53:52 pm
      If he said the sky was blue, people on here would call him a c**t and say it was yellow.

He's alright really.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #459: Nov 23, 2016 10:59:09 pm
      If he said the sky was blue, people on here would call him a c**t and say it was yellow.

He's alright really.

Any c**t who made sure Rafa was not interviewed for the LFC job is a c**t but not not sure what it says about you.

Quick Reply