Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 49108 times
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #46: Sep 01, 2012 09:50:43 am
      How do we know he didn't ?

Remember it was Rodgers that refused to sanction the extra money for Sigurdsson.

Rodgers wanted full control - I hope he made sure he got all the facts.
      WE will probably never know the full facts untill either NEVS sell the club or Brendan Rodgers gets the sack.Sadly I cannot see Brendan doing a RAFA and blowing the whistle on what has really happened.Brendan was the one who spoke out about Sigurdsson but was he just a spokesman for Ian Ayre.I just hope Ian Ayre is not the ghost of Parry returned to haunt us.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #47: Sep 01, 2012 09:53:49 am
      WE will probably never know the full facts untill either NEVS sell the club or Brendan Rodgers gets the sack.Sadly I cannot see Brendan doing a RAFA and blowing the whistle on what has really happened.Brendan was the one who spoke out about Sigurdsson but was he just a spokesman for Ian Ayre.I just hope Ian Ayre is not the ghost of Parry returned to haunt us.

Thing is Billy if it's Ayre then its also those above him. Ayre does not strike me the type to have a huge ballsack and do something like this without fully knowing the ones that keep him in a job are in with him.

In all honesty Ayre is a puppet and the recognizable local face for the supporters to see and not much more.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #48: Sep 01, 2012 10:08:05 am
      He is the next one to go, very little doubt in my mind now.

I focking hope so mate ,he hasn't got a clue , i was awake at 5 this morning i was sitting thinking why the f**k did they get rid off all those players and not bring in any ,just going over and over in my head . >:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :f_doh:
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #49: Sep 01, 2012 10:10:04 am
      Never good enough in that role.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #50: Sep 01, 2012 10:11:22 am
      I focking hope so mate ,he hasn't got a clue , i was awake at 5 this morning i was sitting thinking why the f**k did they get rid off all those players and not bring in any ,just going over and over in my head . >:( :mad: :mad: :mad: :f_doh:

The only reason he has a job is because he is English, even FSG know they can't get away with putting one of their own in as an MD, conversely guys some of those international names we heard about for director of football or sporting directors are not YES men  so FSG did not want them.

Ayre is the perfect patsy and will make a fine sacrifice if needed.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,423 posts | 4581 
      Reply #51: Sep 01, 2012 10:19:35 am
      Should stick to selling advertising space.
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #52: Sep 01, 2012 11:21:09 am
      Get rid ,and bring in King Kenny.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #53: Sep 01, 2012 11:26:25 am
      FSG can sack Ayre by all means but it is them and not he that is the real issue here IMO.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #54: Sep 01, 2012 11:27:04 am
      Ayre is the perfect patsy and will make a fine sacrifice if needed.

This ^ ^ ^...

...And why I won't do FSG's dirty work by rounding on the man. They employed him; they are to blame.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #55: Sep 01, 2012 11:47:42 am
      This ^ ^ ^...

...And why I won't do FSG's dirty work by rounding on the man. They employed him; they are to blame.

He was employed because he is exactly what he is a lightweight YES MAN.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #56: Sep 01, 2012 12:02:38 pm
      Remember it was Rodgers that refused to sanction the extra money for Sigurdsson.

Yes he did mate BUT he comes across as a good company man and I suspect he towed the line on this one just as he will when we hear what he has to say ahead of the Arsenal game. I feel pretty embarrassed for him to be honest and have no doubt he will seeting in private.
      MiciG91
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,664 posts | 38 
      Reply #57: Sep 01, 2012 03:53:19 pm
      According to Richard Buxton he could be on the way out.How on earth did he get the job in the first place ?
      His last job at a football club was Huddersfield and from what I've read he left them in a mess. Certainly the fans don't think too much of him if you do a search around the web.

http://downatthemac.proboards.com/in...y&thread=55479
      http://downatthemac.proboards.com/in...y&thread=23119
      http://downatthemac.proboards.com/in...y&thread=47931

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #58: Sep 01, 2012 04:01:42 pm
      Liverpool hunt new managing director after disastrous deadline day
      Club owners Fenway Sports Group are furious over the collapse of Clint Dempsey's proposed move to Anfield, and have deemed Ian Ayre responsible

EXCLUSIVE
      By Richard Buxton

Liverpool will restart their search for a new managing director next week following a disastrous transfer deadline day at the club, talkaloadofbull.com can reveal.

Owners Fenway Sports Group have revived their plans after Ayre was deemed culpable for Brendan Rodgers being left with only two recognised strikers when the transfer window closed on Friday night after their pursuit of Clint Dempsey fell through.

Ayre was charged with negotiating with Fulham for the striker, who had made no secret of his desire to move to Anfield and was greatly admired by the club's American owners, but refused to match Tottenham Hotspur's £6 million valuation which saw him move across the capital.

Rodgers was assured prior to allowing Andy Carroll to join West Ham United on a season-long loan that a deal for a replacement attacker was in place but the move for Dempsey, as well as that for Chelsea hitman Daniel Sturridge, failed to materialise.

talkaloadofbull.com understands that this latest setback is the final straw for Anfield chiefs and has validated the long-standing concerns of principal owner John Henry and chairman Tom Werner, the club's senior figureheads about the Merseyside-born businessman.

The pair both harboured misgivings about appointing Ayre to oversee the day-to-day running of the club following Christian Purslow's departure in late 2010, but were won over by his work within their commercial department, which saw him promoted in March 2011.

However, his controversial quotes on plans for Liverpool to lead a breakaway from the Premier League's overseas television rights deal prompted strong disapproval from their peers and set in motion what soon became a season-long PR blunder last term.

At the height of Luis Suarez's race row, Ayre sanctioned the publishing of a forthright statement on Liverpool's official website in response to the striker being hit with an eight-game suspension for abusing Patrice Evra, which contained several inaccuracies and was widely criticised.

His refusal to intervene in the infamous T-shirt debacle which took place before Liverpool's visit to Wigan the following night continued to plant seeds of doubt in the minds of the owners, who forced him to join Suarez and then manager Kenny Dalglish in issuing a public apology after the Uruguay international refused to shake hands with Evra ahead of a 2-1 defeat at Old Trafford.

It is currently unclear whether Ayre will be allowed to return to his original role as commercial director at Anfield, where he has been succeeded by Billy Hogan, who arrived from subsidiary Fenway Sports Management at the end of May, despite helping successfully negotiate deals for Liverpool's array of new commercial partners this summer.

Goal dot com
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #59: Sep 01, 2012 04:20:31 pm
      Taxi for Ayre.
      Who is left to blame now?.Look out Brendan if you dont get top four your a gonna.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #60: Sep 01, 2012 04:22:16 pm
      Step forward Mr Scapegoat or Ian Ayre as he is better known as, that article is embarrasing fsg must think the fans are fools.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #61: Sep 01, 2012 04:22:17 pm
      ^ Is that by Richard Dickskin? Anyone remember his Rafa on the shortlist story?

Ian Ayre is a good commercial director. But he should not be in such a position of power as he is now.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #62: Sep 01, 2012 04:23:34 pm
      Almost all transfers boil down to the fee. We don't have Dempsey because we wouldn't pay the fee. Fook knows why they wouldn't pay the fee and I suspect we will never know for sure. Not sure Ayre deserves all the blame but he looks out of his depth as an acting CEO. It strikes me that the club has been incredibaly arrogant over this transfer. The lad said no to Villa late in the day and it seems the club thought they held all the cards we ll guess what....
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #63: Sep 01, 2012 04:25:06 pm
      Ayre has made mistakes though, not sackable ones though.

Plenty of blame and praise to disperse amongst numerous entities and non-entities. :)
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #64: Sep 01, 2012 04:27:14 pm
      Why had we no other targets
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #65: Sep 01, 2012 04:30:38 pm
      someone must have put in a deadline date without telling us.
      We had ALL SUMMER to identify targets and two months to bring them in. The lack of a striker coming in is a huge mistake and it will come back to haunt us sooner rather than later.
      Scottbot

• 9,598 posts | 2156 
      Reply #66: Sep 01, 2012 04:40:52 pm

I'm sure there were other targets.
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #67: Sep 01, 2012 05:10:42 pm
      There were other targets, Rodgers said so himself.

Why did we not pursue them? We didn't have the money.
      PaulKG
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 597 posts | 20 
      Reply #68: Sep 01, 2012 05:14:07 pm
      Really off-topic but I hear that Drogba and Anelka have been released by Shanghai Shenhua. Thats all I will say...

Quick Reply