Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Ian Ayre Managing Director

Read 49045 times
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Re: Ian Ayre Managing Director
      Reply #69: Sep 01, 2012 07:04:52 pm
      Ayre has made mistakes though, not sackable ones though.

Yet Kenny and Comolli got the sack for the same decisions that Ayre had considerable influence on? Not having a go at you mate, just FSG saw fit to sack Kenny and Comolli, yet Ayre stayed in his job.

Another mistake has been made regarding transfers under Ayre's charge... I'm not saying it's completely his fault but sooner or later he has to be held accountable for actions that are equal to those or worse that cost two others their job.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #70: Sep 01, 2012 07:18:42 pm
      I think he's a decent man in a job that's just a little too big for him.

He either needs advice or moving on I'm sad to say.

If Brian Barwick is still operating in some capacity as his wiki page says, then he's the man to advise Ayre.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #71: Sep 01, 2012 07:20:19 pm
      Who appointed Ayre to his current position
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #72: Sep 01, 2012 07:22:08 pm
      Who appointed Ayre to his current position

Who passed the 'interview' and made people believe he could do the job?
      HeighwayToHeaven
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #73: Sep 01, 2012 07:23:37 pm
      Yet Kenny and Comolli got the sack for the same decisions that Ayre had considerable influence on? Not having a go at you mate, just FSG saw fit to sack Kenny and Comolli, yet Ayre stayed in his job.

Another mistake has been made regarding transfers under Ayre's charge... I'm not saying it's completely his fault but sooner or later he has to be held accountable for actions that are equal to those or worse that cost two others their job.

Agree with this.

Ian Ayre is not MD material unfortunately.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Sep 01, 2012 09:05:18 pm
      Who passed the 'interview' and made people believe he could do the job?
      sorry mate but anyone with a decent knowledge of the game or anyone who has ever employed people would in this instance admit they had fu**ed up big time.
      His CV did not indicate he was ready to take on the most succesful club in English football History.
      corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #75: Sep 01, 2012 09:07:14 pm
      This appointment alone would be enough reason to be worried about fsg
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #76: Sep 01, 2012 09:31:27 pm
      sorry mate but anyone with a decent knowledge of the game or anyone who has ever employed people would in this instance admit they had fu**ed up big time.
      His CV did not indicate he was ready to take on the most succesful club in English football History.

Nor did Kenny's CV when he took charge the first time.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #77: Sep 01, 2012 09:40:15 pm
      Nor did Kenny's CV when he took charge the first time.
      go back and checkout what happend with Kenny.
      He had Bob Paisley.Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran as back up even I could have managed Liverpool with them to help me.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #78: Sep 01, 2012 09:51:23 pm
      go back and checkout what happend with Kenny.
      He had Bob Paisley.Roy Evans and Ronnie Moran as back up even I could have managed Liverpool with them to help me.

So his back up & support succeeded, Rodgers didn't this one window and KK certainly was afforded backing last summer and had funds in January which he failed to use at his choosing, unless of course he was just a yes man for FSG and lying to us fans.

FSG have some blame to take during their tenure, as do Comoli, Ayre, Kenny and a sh*t load of players.  Six home league wins last season would have been the death knell for many managers looking for a minimum of CL football.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #79: Sep 01, 2012 09:57:11 pm
      So his back up & support succeeded, Rodgers didn't this one window and KK certainly was afforded backing last summer and had funds in January which he failed to use at his choosing, unless of course he was just a yes man for FSG and lying to us fans.

FSG have some blame to take during their tenure, as do Comoli, Ayre, Kenny and a sh*t load of players.  Six home league wins last season would have been the death knell for many managers looking for a minimum of CL football.
      Kenny would never have admitted their were no funds available.
      You really need to go and lookat what Kenny achieved do you know he also won the prem at Blackburn?.Oh I forgot he just bought crap and was lucky.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #80: Sep 01, 2012 10:04:59 pm
      Kenny would never have admitted their were no funds available.
      You really need to go and lookat what Kenny achieved do you know he also won the prem at Blackburn?.Oh I forgot he just bought crap and was lucky.

He didn't buy crap, he did buy the title, in an early foreshadowing of Chelsea and Man City.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #81: Sep 01, 2012 10:10:21 pm
      He didn't buy crap, he did buy the title, in an early foreshadowing of Chelsea and Man City.
      so Kenny didnt win anything with Liverpool it was everyone carrying him and at Blackburn he bought the title.Your ways of supporting FSG right back to 1992/3 are incredible.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #82: Sep 01, 2012 10:13:57 pm
      so Kenny didnt win anything with Liverpool it was everyone carrying him and at Blackburn he bought the title.Your ways of supporting FSG right back to 1992/3 are incredible.

You denigrated Kenny's achievements first time around, saying it was his back room team.  And the 100,000 comment goes way back before 1992, if you care to check your football history.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #83: Sep 01, 2012 10:22:12 pm
      You denigrated Kenny's achievements first time around, saying it was his back room team.  And the 100,000 comment goes way back before 1992, if you care to check your football history.
      I dont need a football history lesson from you i saw Kenny's first game and most of his others your blind faith in FSG allows you to badmouth kenny's achievements yet you are supposed to be a Liverpool supporter.His backroom team were there for support how is that denigrating kenny it was you who said his CV was crap but the fact is he had 10 years at Anfield before he became manager learning from Bob and Joe.keep twisting words to try and justify your support in an ever dwindling fan club of FSG.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #84: Sep 01, 2012 10:26:29 pm
      I dont need a football history lesson from you i saw Kenny's first game and most of his others your blind faith in FSG allows you to badmouth kenny's achievements yet you are supposed to be a Liverpool supporter.His backroom team were there for support how is that denigrating kenny it was you who said his CV was crap but the fact is he had 10 years at Anfield before he became manager learning from Bob and Joe.keep twisting words to try and justify your support in an ever dwindling fan club of FSG.

I don't bad mouth, I just say what I see, but I off to talk to a wall now Walton, I may get a better, less blinkered converasation, whilst you see what you want to see.

I was a fan long before FSG, I will be long after, and no uppity fan is going to tell me I ain't a fan. Never once questioned your support, like you have mine, and i won't, but I will question your ability to understand what I've said tonight & yesterdays.

Good night Walton, shout your self hoarse at our red men tomorrow.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #85: Sep 01, 2012 11:37:34 pm
      I just dont like his face
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #86: Sep 01, 2012 11:45:08 pm
      His face is not that bad, but that loose bit of flab around the waist line... ;D
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #87: Sep 02, 2012 12:17:15 pm
      Luis Suarez's reaction to no new strikers:

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #88: Sep 02, 2012 12:23:29 pm
      In hindsight i bet he wished he stayed at Melwood till 11 to just make it look like he was attempting to sign someone
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #89: Sep 02, 2012 12:23:49 pm
       Luis has got aero dynamic ears, I never realised it.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #90: Sep 02, 2012 12:25:21 pm
      Does no one else think Ian Ayre was told what he could spend on Dempsey??? FSG are the only reason we didn't sign him!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #91: Sep 02, 2012 12:29:22 pm
      Does no one else think Ian Ayre was told what he could spend on Dempsey??? FSG are the only reason we didn't sign him!

Maybe they didn't want to be held to ransom.  They accepted a £4m bid from Villa, refused the same offer from us.  We've had fans moan that we get gouged in the market, then moan when we don't stump up a few million more.

Personally think we should have stumped it up in this case though.

Quick Reply