Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W10 D9 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3040823 times
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #16376: Apr 25, 2014 02:17:51 pm
      It also baffles me, well actually isn't doesn't but it does go some way to prove the people who have tended to be so vociferous in this thread about 'moving on, one-up-manship, or we're all Reds' are the ones who are in confrontation with the observations that have been made by a few others. I would have loved to have said 'we're all reds' lets move on when for example Rodgers was heavily criticisd for using the adjective "brilliant" to describe Ayre - alas, it wouldn't have stopped the nitty gritty pedantic whiners from their agenda at the time.

I think you have got the wrong idea mate, I still think Brendan was wrong with his initial "brilliant" comment about Ayre, but it is like when you are in the middle of getting a blow job.... you don't usual pick that time to start complaining about the colour of her lipstick.

As I have said before, you don't have to think someone is perfect to support them, you don't have to agree with everything they do or say, every signing they make, every team selection etc etc.

To use the Henderson analogy, I don't think his tackling or his finishing is as good as it should be, but he more than makes up for it in other areas.... so for me he can wear what coloured lipstick he wants :) 

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16377: Apr 25, 2014 02:33:12 pm
      I think you have got the wrong idea mate, I still think Brendan was wrong with his initial "brilliant" comment about Ayre, but it is like when you are in the middle of getting a blow job.... you don't usual pick that time to start complaining about the colour of her lipstick.

As I have said before, you don't have to think someone is perfect to support them, you don't have to agree with everything they do or say, every signing they make, every team selection etc etc.

To use the Henderson analogy, I don't think his tackling or his finishing is as good as it should be, but he more than makes up for it in other areas.... so for me he can wear what coloured lipstick he wants :) 

:lmao: Classic S@int.

Seriously though, we all know how much we did or didn't want Brendan to be the manager, just like we all know how much we individually got stuck into him or not. Does it really make any odds now though?

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16378: Apr 25, 2014 02:35:26 pm
      Brendan according to the BBC from todays presser on Jose Mourinho's suggestion he will rest key players for Chelsea's trip to Liverpool on Sunday:

"Whatever team Chelsea put out it will cost more than ours. People talk about pressure being top of the league and say 'you can't be sleeping well'. I haven't slept better!"
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #16379: Apr 25, 2014 02:35:52 pm
        :lmao: Classic S@int.

Seriously though, we all know how much we did or didn't want Brendan to be the manager, just like we all know how much we individually got stuck into him or not. Does it really make any odds now though?

See that's the sort of balanced and reasonable posting that's ruining this place Mick - sort it out!
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #16380: Apr 25, 2014 02:40:57 pm
      Brendan according to the BBC from todays presser on Jose Mourinho's suggestion he will rest key players for Chelsea's trip to Liverpool on Sunday:

"Whatever team Chelsea put out it will cost more than ours. People talk about pressure being top of the league and say 'you can't be sleeping well'. I haven't slept better!"
      :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,225 posts | 6351 
      Reply #16381: Apr 25, 2014 02:49:28 pm
      From quotes I've seen, Brendan handled the presser beautifully.

RODGERS: 'The supporters are loving it. The sheer size of this club comes to the fore. We want to help the supporters dream.'
      RODGERS: 'If it doesn't work out then next year - we go again.'
      RODGERS: 'I think pressure is if you are Man City or Chelsea, spend all that money and are expected to win the league.'
      RODGERS asked if we need to change tactics to be more defensive: 'We don't change. The best teams start fast and finish strong.'
      BR: '(On Suarez) He is a brilliant talent. The supporters have seen him mature over the last season. He's reflected on his actions 1yr ago.'
      BR: 'I fully expected last season to be one of transition. This season has gone better than expected but I trusted the players quality.'
      BR: 'This summer Liverpool will be a very attractive proposition for players to come to.'
      BR: 'Whatever happens with us, wherever we finish - we've had a fantastic season and will move forward next year.'
      BR: 'I'm enjoying being at the top of the league. (Laughs) There's no pressure with it. I have never slept better!'
      BR: 'In terms of mind games - it's not something that affects me.'
      BR: 'Seen stuff about them playing a weaker team. Hugely disrespectful to their players. Any team they put out will cost more than ours.'
      BR: 'Focus on Chelsea. Lots of good players. World class manager. Fortunately for us we're at Anfield with our incredible fans.'
      Who has more to lose - LFC or Chelsea? BR: 'I'm not concerned about that. It's another big hurdle. It's 3 points at the end of it.'
      BR: 'Been a challenge to be in the top four. With three games to go to have confirmed our place in the CL shows how hard players have worked
      BR: (On Sturridge) We'll see how he is and whether he is fit. Will assess over the next 24 hours.
      BR: (On Moyes) Saddened to hear an outstanding manager has lost his job. And in the manner in which it happened.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16382: Apr 25, 2014 02:59:53 pm

RODGERS: 'The supporters are loving it. The sheer size of this club comes to the fore. We want to help the supporters dream.'
      RODGERS: 'I think pressure is if you are Man City or Chelsea, spend all that money and are expected to win the league.'
      RODGERS asked if we need to change tactics to be more defensive: 'We don't change. The best teams start fast and finish strong.'
      BR: '(On Suarez) He is a brilliant talent. The supporters have seen him mature over the last season. He's reflected on his actions 1yr ago.'
      BR: 'I fully expected last season to be one of transition. This season has gone better than expected but I trusted the players quality.'
      BR: 'This summer Liverpool will be a very attractive proposition for players to come to.'
      BR: 'Whatever happens with us, wherever we finish - we've had a fantastic season and will move forward next year.'
      BR: 'I'm enjoying being at the top of the league. (Laughs) There's no pressure with it. I have never slept better!'
      BR: 'Seen stuff about them playing a weaker team. Hugely disrespectful to their players. Any team they put out will cost more than ours.'
      BR: 'Focus on Chelsea. Lots of good players. World class manager. Fortunately for us we're at Anfield with our incredible fans.'
      Who has more to lose - LFC or Chelsea? BR: 'I'm not concerned about that. It's another big hurdle. It's 3 points at the end of it.'
      BR: 'Been a challenge to be in the top four. With three games to go to have confirmed our place in the CL shows how hard players have worked
      BR: (On Sturridge) We'll see how he is and whether he is fit. Will assess over the next 24 hours.
      BR: (On Moyes) Saddened to hear an outstanding manager has lost his job. And in the manner in which it happened.

I think its more than fair to say Brendan served his apprenticeship and is now the master. Cant wait for Maureen to try and get under his skin because it aint going to happen
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,144 posts | 4897 
      Reply #16383: Apr 25, 2014 03:28:11 pm

Not one bit Mick.

I know how much and how often I criticised him but just don't see why that should lessen my support for the boss now.

Same as in the Gerrard debate. I know how much and how often I criticised Stevie earlier this season but again once he has shown how well he has adapted to his new role I accepted I was wrong.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16384: Apr 25, 2014 03:42:17 pm
      Not one bit Mick.

I know how much and how often I criticised him but just don't see why that should lessen my support for the boss now.

Same as in the Gerrard debate. I know how much and how often I criticised Stevie earlier this season but again once he has shown how well he has adapted to his new role I accepted I was wrong.

stop talking sense it will spoil this thread
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,000 posts | 3951 
      Reply #16385: Apr 25, 2014 03:51:06 pm

Seriously though, we all know how much we did or didn't want Brendan to be the manager, just like we all know how much we individually got stuck into him or not. Does it really make any odds now though.

If we all had the same opinion the vehicle for debate would cease Mick, the forum would be redundant.
      If we all agreed with the same rosy premise it would result in a redcafe mk 2. 

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16386: Apr 25, 2014 03:53:18 pm

"We go again". I love that ;D
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16387: Apr 25, 2014 03:56:35 pm
      Not one bit Mick.

Exactly mate and it doesn't. Like you I've completely admitted I was wrong about Gerrard and could not be happier to think of the skipper leading us for a few more years in that position. Thinking of life without Gerrard at Liverpool is one of the hardest things because there's nobody that can replace him and he's quite possibly the greatest player to ever play for the club. It will be a moment in history never to be forgotten should he finally lift that first title, none of that though should deny you the right to voice criticism or concerns about him and I fully backed you for starting that thread despite the sly mocking from immature quarters.

The most tedious thing is that the same people who can't accept that you weren't wrong about Rodgers and that you have supported him from day one still seem to dance around singing I was right and you were wrong. Although when it comes to admitting they were wrong they're simply not mature enough and even though you've proven you are willing to accept when you're wrong they simply can't accept it when you tell them otherwise. That becomes a head banging exercise and I am surprised so many have the patience for it. A quick dip into the relevant thread will highlight the absent few of whom we all know very well, thankfully there aren't that many.

« Last Edit: Apr 25, 2014 04:07:47 pm by KopiteLuke »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16388: Apr 25, 2014 04:24:42 pm

Some quality quotes there by Brendan
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16389: Apr 25, 2014 04:30:03 pm
      I always knew he was going to be here for many years doing as well as he is now.............

:o

Head on the block here:

Brendan Rodgers will not be the Liverpool manager this time next year.

There I said it. No reason, no agenda, just a feeling in my bones.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #16390: Apr 25, 2014 04:34:58 pm
      Presumably you were just trying to frighten everyone as it was Halloween  :)
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #16391: Apr 25, 2014 04:38:48 pm
      I always knew he was going to be here for many years doing as well as he is now.............

:o

have you got this weeks lottery numbers too.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,475 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #16392: Apr 25, 2014 04:45:37 pm
      Presumably you were just trying to frighten everyone as it was Halloween  :)

Well as I am never wrong s@int (EVER) it must not have been me that typed it.

have you got this weeks lottery numbers too.

No problem:

2-11-27-36-40-47 (17)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #16393: Apr 25, 2014 05:18:04 pm
      Ah, Okay, so now it's okay to turn around and say "how brilliant I am" because I've pointed out you're just as guilty of it.
      Because you pointed it out?  Really? :lmao:

Let's look at the reality of, not your (what's your word for the day?) "revisionist" or imagined version, what actually happened mate.

* I first post a reply to s@int (not you) in which I say I understand why people like to say 'I told you so' but don't understand why they use it in a confrontational manner. [A full day after I started a topic in which I said 'I told you so' btw.] Hence the wink  ;) in my first post to s@int.

* You then, for some weird but not unexpected reason, decided to point out that I have said 'I told you so' before. Like you're some sort of (what was your word for yesterday?) "Poirot". Completely ignoring the fact, of course, that I had already told s@int I understood why people do that.

* You are now claiming that I have changed my stance on 'I told you so' because you pointed out that I have also done that. Even tho' I posted it before you tried to manufacture your usual confrontation by wading yet again.

* In short you are claiming credit for something which happened before you went out of your way to be offended.  :lmao:

to arguably be confrontational by leaving some bait around in your first post
      Bait; in what way?

After all you are the only person who seems to have taken exception to my opinion (and it is only that; an opinion) to the point where you seek confrontation. Is it because you believe the "bait" was set out for you beerbelly? Why?

Serious question: What did you see, in my post that made you believe I was baiting you beerbelly? Surely not the 'I told you so' because as I said I understand why people do that. So what exactly did you take exception to; my opinion on 'confrontation'? Is that how you see yourself beerbelly; as someone who seeks confrontation?

If that's how you see yourself fair enough buddy but the truth is i didn't write that with you in mind... I'm sorry if you saw yourself in there but I honestly (and please don't take offence at this) never pay you a second thought when I'm replying to others.

I hope this helps beerbelly, I really do... I can assure you that I never changed my tune because you proved I'm "guilty" Poirot. 1: you really aren't that influential; 2: I've often said I was "guilty" long before you happened upon the forum and 3: I genuinely don't find 'I told you so' as offensive as manufactured confrontation.

That said - you are right - I need to practice what I preach. If you need; I'll run my posts (after this one) past you before I post them... I don't want to inflame your paranoia any more than I already have... but only if you promise to be good and only stalk other folk.  8)
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #16394: Apr 25, 2014 05:33:50 pm
      Can't believe we're all still arguing about this.

Going by this reasoning, everyone except me on the forum is an absolute c*nt and aren't allowed to celebrate the title if we win it because nobody else believed me when I said "may as well be the first I think we're going to challenge for the title etc". Actually thinking about it I can't celebrate it either, I'm a c*nt because I lost belief a couple of times during the season even after that. The open top bus parade (if it happens etc) is going to be a bit of a let down if only the people who knew all along we were going to win it are allowed to go. There'll only be Billy there!
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16395: Apr 25, 2014 05:36:58 pm
      Can't believe we're all still arguing about this.

Going by this reasoning, everyone except me on the forum is an absolute c*nt and aren't allowed to celebrate the title if we win it because nobody else believed me when I said "may as well be the first I think we're going to challenge for the title etc". Actually thinking about it I can't celebrate it either, I'm a c*nt because I lost belief a couple of times during the season even after that. The open top bus parade (if it happens etc) is going to be a bit of a let down if only the people who knew all along we were going to win it are allowed to go. There'll only be Billy there!

Believe me Mick 'if we win it', I'll have a leg over the bath, cock in me hand and a finger up my ass kind of celebration going on, F**k what anything else thinks, I've waited over two decades for this f**ker. :D
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16396: Apr 25, 2014 05:59:47 pm
      I've never seen anyone here saying that whoever had doubts about Brendan couldn't or shouldn't celebrate his success, or even change minds - that's a real distortion of what I was saying, at least. This whole debate began when people started to pretend things there were not true - like "I always had faith", "I always backed the manager", or "I just had healthy doubts", when in reality comments about the manager got very, very nasty here at times. But whatever. It's in the past. Changing opinions is totally natural, as long as you take responsibility for whatever you said before.

For example: I always knew Jordan Henderson would come good, I just disliked his hair. How does that sound? (Totally false, by the way ;D)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #16397: Apr 25, 2014 06:03:07 pm
      For example: I always knew Jordan Henderson would come good, I just disliked his hair. How does that sound? (Totally false, by the way ;D)

I disliked how he was always F***ing about with his fringe in his first season, made no secret of it, drove me F***ing mad, never thought he'd make it here either if truth be told.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #16398: Apr 25, 2014 06:13:13 pm
      I disliked how he was always f**king about with his fringe in his first season, made no secret of it, drove me f**king mad, never thought he'd make it here either if truth be told.

Exactly the same mate used to really irritate me that. I'm still not convinced he's the long term answer and remember discussing with P.D. a long time ago how I thought he was a bit dim. What I will say is that he's improved out of all recognition now and although he's still got plenty to improve upon I'm now happy enough to see him in the starting XI and that's massive credit to Jordan.

Quick Reply