Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3032216 times
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,964 posts | 3944 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18975: Nov 01, 2014 12:02:23 pm
      Who the F**k is this Rene Meulensteen and why does anyone give a F**k what he says?

No one gives a F**k mate, which is why the F***ing bellend is being laughed at.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #18976: Nov 01, 2014 12:09:38 pm
      What Muelensteen doesn't take into account is that Ferguson wasn't a coach and needed people to coach his sides. Brendan is very much the coach at our club and therefore his backroom staff naturally play a more background role.

Its why I've never been one to call for him to bring in another coach. Brendan takes the training and is hands on so I think if you don't think we are being coached properly you have to lay that blame with the boss and not Pascoe and Marsh.

Exactly, Brendan is the coach, Ferguson was just the bully of the outfit probably, narking off to refs and the press in a drunken haze, while real talented coaches worked behind the scenes.

I think Marsh and Pascoe obviously must know their stuff and are qualified but they are more like cheerleaders to me, a big have a laugh and a joke, keep moral up.
      I don't think we used to have that when we were successful, Ronnie Moran would be pushing them every inch, it'd set you up better when it came to the crunch on match day.

I've commented on brendens helpers before but as it was said earlier here (let me find it) think it was in the Marsh Pascoe thread... still oh! it was s@int who put it this way and it really sums it up but I'm going to contradict myself and offer my opinion even knowing what s@int said is right the fair way to think:

I don't think we know enough about what they do to be making judgements on them or if they are good enough. All we can really do is judge whether the team has done well enough at the end of the season and judge them on that.

I personally in my heart of hearts think both of them come across as airheads and don't offer what more stern or strict assistant coaches would do, like the ones we had in the past.

I'm not intending this to be mean, it's like one big religious holiday camp, they need some steel on the coaching staff to stop all the errors all over the shop, Ronnie moran would be up off that bench like a Tasmanian devil with all the defensive and midfield sh*t that goes down.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,583 posts | 6643 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #18977: Nov 01, 2014 12:09:41 pm
      Oh good mate, didn't read any responses, just thought to myself why the F**k is this even being mentioned?

Thankyou for clearing it up Bud.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,111 posts | 4877 
      Reply #18978: Nov 01, 2014 12:23:16 pm
      So I can blame Brendan for the fact we can't defend set pieces ?

As far as  concerned you can mate.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18979: Nov 01, 2014 12:42:01 pm
      So I can blame Brendan for the fact we can't defend set pieces ?

Of course, if Brendan isn't to be blamed on transfers, defending set pieces, defending in general, what is the point of having a manager ?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18980: Nov 01, 2014 02:22:59 pm
      Tin Hat Time    Brendan   
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18981: Nov 01, 2014 02:26:19 pm
      Our players and manager best wake up and sharpish! We've been dreadful all season but Brendan is that stubborn that he must think we're playing wonderfully because it doesn't look like changing anytime soon.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #18982: Nov 01, 2014 02:35:34 pm
      I was unceremoniously told on a couple of occasions to back our managers decisions in the players that he wanted to bring in - regardless of monies paid. Well, Brendan got his players and we've gone backwards. He's saying the players need time need time to adjust. Players with PL experience!

How come Koeman hasn't needed time for his players to adjust?
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #18983: Nov 01, 2014 02:39:12 pm
      Incoming...........
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,021 posts | 2742 
      Reply #18984: Nov 01, 2014 02:43:47 pm
      Will be a busy thread over the weekend this but kind of understandable really. Doesn't seem to have a clue right now.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,868 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18985: Nov 01, 2014 02:46:27 pm
      I was unceremoniously told on a couple of occasions to back our managers decisions in the players that he wanted to bring in - regardless of monies paid. Well, Brendan got his players and we've gone backwards. He's saying the players need time need time to adjust. Players with PL experience!

How come Koeman hasn't needed time for his players to adjust?
      Then ask Koeman what he does in training.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #18986: Nov 01, 2014 02:48:56 pm
      The gaffer deserves an A+ for last season but grading him based on our summer transfer business and the terrible football we have played this far this season it's an E from me.

Today was pretty much the same as virtually every other game this season. Zero threat up front, poor movement, easy to defend against, not creating any chances and once again undone by the all too familiar moment of woeful defending.

And it doesn't look like getting any better does it? I can't see any green shoots and I think the manager looks like a rabbit stuck in headlights at the moment, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Same set-up, same players, same tactics. I don't think he knows how to change it without Studge in the side. He refuses to play Lallana and Coutinho in the same side, he clearly doesn't have any faith in Lambert, he can't see tht Balotelli completely hampers the way we play.

I read a post yesterday that talked about us sticking with it and that we will get the rub of the green but the worrying thing is that we have had the rub of the green so far this season, we were lucky in the opener vs Saints and god knows how we flunked the win at QPR a couple of weeks ago not to mention our dodgy progress in the League Cup. I also keep reading that the signings will settle down, that it was always going to be a tough start and anyone who suggests otherwise is a fool. I'm sorry but It looks like the money spent in the summer might have been wasted. Lallana is the only one who looks the part. Let's be honest here, the rest of them have contributed very little.

Hurry up and get fit Danny because we looked pretty fooked without you.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,455 posts | 1478 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18987: Nov 01, 2014 02:50:44 pm
      Honestly thought the first half went according to plan; keep ball, silence the home crowd, dominate possession, keep it tight and frustrate them.

Then, second half we decide 'ok, we've got a good foundation, now let's go looking for a goal'. So we did, and as a result, we left space as we pressed and....same old story. Can't defend, opposition walking in our 18 yard and we lose 0-1

But the biggest worry for me, is that side is 90% players the Gaffer bought or blooded
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #18988: Nov 01, 2014 02:52:22 pm
      Then ask Koeman what he does in training.

It's not him that needs questioning though - is it? :roll:
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #18989: Nov 01, 2014 02:53:35 pm
      In Kenny's first full season under us, he managed 8th position, won us the League Cup and got us to the FA cup final. He then got sacked.

Brendan has had ample time under FSG now. He understands what they want, and how they want to do it.

The problem does not just lie in the transfer market, but also on the pitch. Are our players really that bad?

Rodgers has to better in his 3rd season, what Kenny did in his second season under FSG. If he doesn't, it's only fair he faces the same punishment Kenny did.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18990: Nov 01, 2014 02:53:58 pm
      But the biggest worry for me, is that side is 90% players the Gaffer bought or blooded

It's signings like them that make having a Director of Football necessary, especially one who is used to signing top quality players.

saille29
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,483 posts | 240 
      Reply #18991: Nov 01, 2014 02:55:26 pm
      The gaffer deserves an A+ for last season but grading him based on our summer transfer business and the terrible football we have played this far this season it's an E from me.

Today was pretty much the same as virtually every other game this season. Zero threat up front, poor movement, easy to defend against, not creating any chances and once again undone by the all too familiar moment of woeful defending.

And it doesn't look like getting any better does it? I can't see any green shoots and I think the manager looks like a rabbit stuck in headlights at the moment, he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Same set-up, same players, same tactics. I don't think he knows how to change it without Studge in the side. He refuses to play Lallana and Coutinho in the same side, he clearly doesn't have any faith in Lambert, he can't see tht Balotelli completely hampers the way we play.

I read a post yesterday that talked about us sticking with it and that we will get the rub of the green but the worrying thing is that we have had the rub of the green so far this season, we were lucky in the opener vs Saints and god knows how we flunked the win at QPR a couple of weeks ago not to mention our dodgy progress in the League Cup. I also keep reading that the signings will settle down, that it was always going to be a tough start and anyone who suggests otherwise is a fool. I'm sorry but It looks like the money spent in the summer might have been wasted. Lallana is the only one who looks the part. Let's be honest here, the rest of them have contributed very little.

Hurry up and get fit Danny because we looked pretty fooked without you.

agree with you just not convinced studge is gonna be the answer, problems lie a bit deeper I think, hope I'm wrong
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18992: Nov 01, 2014 02:55:36 pm
      Again deserves the criticism that will head his way again.

Persisting with Balotelli is killing this season, the team spirit is gone, the industry has gone.

We are pedestrian, predictable and pathetic, so we have the 3 P's, well in!
      bartman49
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,157 posts | 37 
      Reply #18993: Nov 01, 2014 02:56:15 pm
      Rogers wants yes men around him I don't know if he would bring in anyone to challenge him which is what he needs to do.
      lfc_ynwa

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #18994: Nov 01, 2014 02:56:29 pm
      Brendan Rodgers: "It was a game we had almost full control of...but we were punished for a mistake, that's what cost us"

Full control of what?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #18995: Nov 01, 2014 02:57:24 pm
      Brendan Rodgers: "It was a game we had almost full control of...but we were punished for a mistake, that's what cost us"

Full control of what?

Brendan at it with his bullshit excuses. The man seriously doesn't have a clue.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #18996: Nov 01, 2014 02:58:17 pm
      Rogers wants yes men around him I don't know if he would bring in anyone to challenge him which is what he needs to do.

Yep.

Clearly puts on an act in front of the cameras but must be a real c**t of a guy off the pitch.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,874 posts | 805 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #18997: Nov 01, 2014 02:58:32 pm
      Needs to change his formation.

The midfield three (Allen,Gerrard,Hendo) were ineffective leaving Mario isolated. We need two up front Mario isn't a lone striker, Borini and Mario up top.

He needs to drop Johnson and Lovren when Sakho is back Imo.

We need to start games with an attacking mentality and not a containment one because or defense will crack no matter how hard we contain, so we need to find out goalscoring form.

Quick Reply