Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3044771 times
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #22816: Dec 20, 2014 02:47:43 pm
      Im wrong. You sound like a journo..

Evidently he works in the media/pr industry.
      The rest of it is obvious.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22817: Dec 20, 2014 02:51:30 pm
      Evidently he works in the media/pr industry.
      The rest of it is obvious.

Quite True ;
      I thought I was the only Conspiracy Theorist on here AP  ...

A  Master Of Spin and Webs.  Quiet the noise of the rebel hordes.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #22818: Dec 20, 2014 02:51:33 pm
      If Rafa's "I am concentrating on coaching my players" was an 8 on the "manager insurgency register".
      Then Lee Harvey Rodgers's press conf was a very subtle 4 or 5, just trying to break out.
      But he had half a mind on the nice salary he has at LFC and can get working for the next charlatan owner.. if he keeps his gob shut and obeys orders.

Rodgers is a symptom of the problem. Not the cause.
      Doubtless the press, the plants and the captors will try and dupe everyone. But the truth will always be the truth.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #22819: Dec 20, 2014 04:57:39 pm
      If Rafa's "I am concentrating on coaching my players" was an 8 on the "manager insurgency register".
      Then Lee Harvey Rodgers's press conf was a very subtle 4 or 5, just trying to break out.
      But he had half a mind on the nice salary he has at LFC and can get working for the next charlatan owner.. if he keeps his gob shut and obeys orders.

Rodgers is a symptom of the problem. Not the cause.
      Doubtless the press, the plants and the captors will try and dupe everyone. But the truth will always be the truth.

Your whole act on this forum is f**king boring.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #22820: Dec 20, 2014 06:30:27 pm

Don't see how you have come to that conclusion; the job of a journalist is to get answers from people whereas every time I've asked you to back up your own posts you've had a panic attack and scuttled behind the sofa with your fingers in your ears.

If anyone could find out what had happened to your missing testosterone it would be a front page exclusive!  ;)

Anyway, back on topic, it's good to see that the manager's choice of a 1343 has paid off so well against Bournemouth. All true supporters of the club will be glad to see that our fortunes are finally starting to improve a bit.

Since the match, you, on the other hand, have made no comment about the team selection, tactics, player analysis or how we can improve our play for the next game. You have made no comment about the deficiencies in our squad, incidents from the game or even expressed congratulations to the team or happiness about the result.

You have instead found time to write two posts about a conspiracy theory about me being a journalist and one post about how the manager doesn't look as though he can trust himself in the January transfer window and should be getting the sack.

Says it all really - ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the modern "supporter".
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #22821: Dec 20, 2014 06:43:40 pm

Ah journos.......

Reminds me of the age old saying....

One mans journo is another man's bellend.

Not literally like.

Though it would bring a different slant to "...the pen is mightier than the sword..."
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #22822: Dec 20, 2014 08:00:24 pm
      Don't see how you have come to that conclusion; the job of a journalist is to get answers from people whereas every time I've asked you to back up your own posts you've had a panic attack and scuttled behind the sofa with your fingers in your ears.

If anyone could find out what had happened to your missing testosterone it would be a front page exclusive!  ;)

Anyway, back on topic, it's good to see that the manager's choice of a 1343 has paid off so well against Bournemouth. All true supporters of the club will be glad to see that our fortunes are finally starting to improve a bit.

Since the match, you, on the other hand, have made no comment about the team selection, tactics, player analysis or how we can improve our play for the next game. You have made no comment about the deficiencies in our squad, incidents from the game or even expressed congratulations to the team or happiness about the result.

You have instead found time to write two posts about a conspiracy theory about me being a journalist and one post about how the manager doesn't look as though he can trust himself in the January transfer window and should be getting the sack.

Says it all really - ladies and gentlemen, I present to you the modern "supporter".

Ive noticed .

You always come out at night.

See your playing to the audience ..... seeking the popular vote are we?
      I think you are confused to think people are actually listening to your rants.

(PS Modern supporter. Ooops   . 
      Wrong.
      Supporter since '62.
      Do your research first before committing to text. First rule of a journo. Facts )
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #22823: Dec 20, 2014 10:02:14 pm
      I know we're sh*te. But can someone explain to me how BOURNEMOUTH was a "difficult" game?

He's like Bodgson. Every opponent is "brilliant".

Managing expectations of shiteness and mediocrity. THats why Shiteway Sports Group brought him in.

Mate, you know football isn't like that. Bournemouth were in the form of their lives. Scoring for fun every game at home, they maybe championship, but they were playing well. F**k, some of the ninnys here were predicting losses.
      Also, its not managing expectation post-win, more bigging oneself up.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #22824: Dec 21, 2014 12:21:45 am
      Ive noticed .

You always come out at night.

See your playing to the audience ..... seeking the popular vote are we?
      I think you are confused to think people are actually listening to your rants.

(PS Modern supporter. Ooops   . 
      Wrong.
      Supporter since '62.
      Do your research first before committing to text. First rule of a journo. Facts )

Yeah bit like a vampire.
      ..Or someone from Boston.

(not sure what'd be worse in this case... or whether there's any difference anyway..)

I like the way he lectures me about how to be a customer fan of the "storied brand".
      I've been a supporter since '77. But obviously I have a lot to learn from him too... :roll:
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #22825: Dec 21, 2014 12:22:40 am
      Your whole act on this forum is f**king boring.

Go back to Boston.
      I don't need a lecture from a parrot on whats good for my club.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #22826: Dec 21, 2014 12:25:40 am
      Mate, you know football isn't like that. Bournemouth were in the form of their lives. Scoring for fun every game at home, they maybe championship, but they were playing well. F**k, some of the ninnys here were predicting losses.
      Also, its not managing expectation post-win, more bigging oneself up.

Come off it. They're Bournemouth. The goalie was Porky Pig.
      THe town looks like an English version of Cocoon. They've got as much footballing history as the North Pole.
      Their claim to fame is having Harry Redknapp there 2 decades ago. You'll be telling me pub teams are "worthy opponents" next.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #22827: Dec 21, 2014 12:38:23 am
      Come off it. They're Bournemouth. The goalie was Porky Pig.
      THe town looks like an English version of Cocoon. They've got as much footballing history as the North Pole.
      Their claim to fame is having Harry Redknapp there 2 decades ago. You'll be telling me pub teams are "worthy opponents" next.

Mate, they beat prem opponents to get that far. And I'm not saying they are a "good" team either recently or historically, but form F***ing matters. And right now, they have very good form. And fucks sake, Boruc was a fairly serviceable prem keeper last season - probably would still be, if Southampton hadn't been given a big warchest by all the other teams, so it seems weird that you are picking on him.
      Not saying that we shouldn't have beaten them, but I think just watching the game, that despite our quite good performance, you could also see their quality. So yeah, BR's words were fair.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #22828: Dec 21, 2014 01:22:04 am
      There's a part of me that was thinking 'hang on, we've been through this with Rafa; the slow decline, the gradual slip into one-too-many-losses. But there's a part of me that saw the chances created at old toilet, and the way we dominated 13 game unbeaten Bournemouth (yes I mention Bournemouth - but every journey starts with a single step) who have scored more than any other team in the English league, and also remember how well the Gaffer guided us to within 2 points of league title number 19.

He's come the closest in 25 years and I can't help thinking what I thought this time last season; we've got a young forward thinking manager who learns from his mistakes and knows exactly how he wants to play the game.

If he were to be sacked before the season's end, I think it would be criminal.

We are playing a different style of football to last season, as style of football that is compensating for losing not one but two world class attackers (take any two world class players out of any team and they'll struggle). It's taken the time it's taken, no more no less, but I really do believe that the Gaffer will turn this around. I also believe that the turning around started at old toilet of all places.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2014 09:10:07 am by Rush »
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      Reply #22829: Dec 21, 2014 01:24:14 am
      Mate, they beat prem opponents to get that far. And I'm not saying they are a "good" team either recently or historically, but form F***ing matters. And right now, they have very good form. And fucks sake, Boruc was a fairly serviceable prem keeper last season - probably would still be, if Southampton hadn't been given a big warchest by all the other teams, so it seems weird that you are picking on him.
      Not saying that we shouldn't have beaten them, but I think just watching the game, that despite our quite good performance, you could also see their quality. So yeah, BR's words were fair.
      And if anyone was watching, Bournemouth won 6-1 away to Blackpool today. A team in form.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #22830: Dec 21, 2014 01:56:57 am
      Probably been told he has sweet jack to spend in January.

Ian Ayre: "Good news Brendan, we promise we won't F**k up anymore transfers by underbidding for talented players and generally F***ing about like half wits because we won't be buying anyone".
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #22831: Dec 21, 2014 04:44:07 am
      The bit that irks about the "Bournemouth were difficult" line - with all credit to them, they are having a great season - is that the team they put out in the cup was not the team that is carving up in the league - lots of rotation etc used by Howe for that match. Whereas it was basically the best team Rodgers could field (minus Sakho).
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #22832: Dec 21, 2014 06:04:12 am
      I have a question for those who are of the opinion that "Rodgers deserves at least until the end of the season."

I'm wondering if someone can explain to me what that actually means.  Because it seems to me that it means something like "no matter how good or bad we do this season, Rodgers has earned the right to do whatever he wants with the club at least until the end of this season."

for example, suppose you knew right now that we would finish, say, 15th.  Do you believe that Rodgers "deserves" the freedom to take us down to 15th place? 

because that basically means that no matter what the consequences are for the club, it doesn't matter, because Rodgers has earned the right to inflict anything he wants on us until the end of this season.

and that doesn't really add up.  it's sort like a woman saying "My husband was absolutely amazing towards me in 2014, so he has earned the right to beat me and emotionally abuse me for at least all of 2015.  he's earned it."
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,490 posts | 1490 
      Reply #22833: Dec 21, 2014 07:47:23 am
      I have a question for those who are of the opinion that "Rodgers deserves at least until the end of the season."

I'm wondering if someone can explain to me what that actually means.  Because it seems to me that it means something like "no matter how good or bad we do this season, Rodgers has earned the right to do whatever he wants with the club at least until the end of this season."

for example, suppose you knew right now that we would finish, say, 15th.  Do you believe that Rodgers "deserves" the freedom to take us down to 15th place? 

because that basically means that no matter what the consequences are for the club, it doesn't matter, because Rodgers has earned the right to inflict anything he wants on us until the end of this season.

and that doesn't really add up.  it's sort like a woman saying "My husband was absolutely amazing towards me in 2014, so he has earned the right to beat me and emotionally abuse me for at least all of 2015.  he's earned it."
      No it does add up because that's exactly what it means. It means short of getting us relegated, the Gaffer stays until the end of the season. That's it.

Whether you agree with that is something else.
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22834: Dec 21, 2014 08:23:49 am

I'm one of the lads saying give him to the end of the season, because I believe he can and will turn things around, we've already seen hints that our performances are improving. I'm not saying we'll get top 4, but we will start to climb the table in the new year.

If I thought there would be no improvement at all for the rest of the season , I would want him to leave now.

I'm trying to be more patient as a supporter after seeing what happened after Rafa left. Any manager FSG bring in will likely be someone that won't demand too much from the owners, and we could end up worse off.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #22835: Dec 21, 2014 08:28:19 am

It quite simply means what it says on the tin - "he deserves until the end of the season".  ???
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22836: Dec 21, 2014 08:59:51 am
      Basically people are saying if the manager doesn't have a good season every year he should be replaced! F**k me were going to go through some amount of managers if that was the case!

Let's just sign all.managers on a 6 months rolling contract, that way if we're doing poorly we can just sack them after 6 months, forget about rebuilding, and being outbid, and not paying attractive wages, someday we'll find a manager with magic powers that can make players twice as good!
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #22837: Dec 21, 2014 09:03:24 am
      , someday we'll find a manager with magic powers that can make players twice as good!

We had one of those

But we sacked him after one  too many loses

???

Couple bad months and peoples knees just wanna jerk
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #22838: Dec 21, 2014 09:18:06 am
      We had one of those

But we sacked him after one  too many loses

???

I know! Sacking Hodgson was a mistake we'll never recover from  :f_tongueincheek:

Quick Reply