Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3041352 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #17342: Aug 31, 2014 04:45:49 pm
      His confidence and self belief just oozes into our football.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #17343: Aug 31, 2014 04:50:46 pm
      Congrats on a great win on your 100th game boss
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #17344: Aug 31, 2014 04:55:28 pm
      To think what this fella has done to our team in a fraction over two seasons is utterly incredible. Magnificent performance from the team today, and with so many players looking like they will significantly improve as the season progresses things are looking very good.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #17345: Aug 31, 2014 05:05:12 pm
      100th game in charge and a most perfect result and performance to go with it. For me, the third best performance of this calendar year along with the Everton and Arsenal matches. The challenge was set by Tottenham (who showed more in this match than their previous two against us) but the challenge was not enough from their point of view. They asked us some questions but time and again we answered them in the best way possible.

Brendan got it bang on today. Unlike the first two games, he was finally able to utilise his new options in the best way possible, giving us a dynamic and solid display throughout. He continues to thrill, entertain and please us when many said he couldn't after the sale of Luis Suarez. As I've said numerous times before, the boss is our biggest and most important asset this club has had for a long long time.
      Redangel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,249 posts | 1000 
      Reply #17346: Aug 31, 2014 05:11:23 pm
      Congrats on a great win on your 100th game boss

This, with knobs on!

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #17347: Aug 31, 2014 06:37:59 pm
      Nah, still not good enough to manage Liverpool Football Club :laugh:
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,480 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #17348: Aug 31, 2014 07:03:54 pm
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #17349: Aug 31, 2014 10:34:11 pm
      Loved some of his quotes in the post match pressed, particularly the mickey taking of Mario's shot at the corner flag and the Ricky Gervais finish jobs directed at Sterling were top class.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #17350: Aug 31, 2014 10:38:57 pm
      The man just oozes class.

Well done today boss.
      redraider
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 568 posts | 20 
      Reply #17351: Aug 31, 2014 10:51:17 pm
      Well in Brendan.
      Fowler#23
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 872 posts | 37 
      Reply #17352: Sep 01, 2014 12:04:26 am
      You can see why the players want to go that extra yard for the man. Can't speak highly enough of him he was made for Liverpool, and Liverpool was made for him.

Well in on the 100 up, he's to hundreds more.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #17353: Sep 01, 2014 02:13:05 am
      Way to go Gaffa!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,230 posts | 6356 
      Reply #17354: Sep 01, 2014 03:08:19 am
      Fella seems to know what he's doing.
      Al1892
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 635 posts |
      • We achieved your dreams 5 !!!!!
      Reply #17355: Sep 01, 2014 06:41:52 am
      Doing a great job is brendan. I hope he  can add some silverware now to start cementing his place as one of the greats.
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #17356: Sep 01, 2014 08:54:46 am
      56% win ratio am I right in saying?
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #17357: Sep 01, 2014 10:05:51 am
      Pissing himself at Balo and Sterlings misses.

Love it.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #17358: Sep 01, 2014 10:13:42 am
      "he dribbled like Ricky Villa and finished like Ricky Gervais!" ;D
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17359: Sep 01, 2014 07:24:50 pm

Love it.

"he dribbled like Ricky Villa and finished like Ricky Gervais!" ;D

This is probably the reason why Balotelli will have a much better relationship with us (at least I hope so anyway). If that was for City under Mancini then Mancini would have probably slated Balotelli for the miss or at least made some sort of snide comment where as Rodgers will just laugh it off because he was working hard, getting into the right positions and we were looking very good as a team. Under different circumstances, if we were losing for example then he may not have seen the funny side so much but I still don't think he would have had the reaction Mancini would have given Mario. Mancini looked to constantly have a dig at Balotelli where as Rodgers will work with him like he does everyone else and wont single him out and will support him all the way.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Reply #17360: Sep 01, 2014 07:27:34 pm
      This is probably the reason why Balotelli will have a much better relationship with us (at least I hope so anyway). If that was for City under Mancini then Mancini would have probably slated Balotelli for the miss or at least made some sort of snide comment where as Rodgers will just laugh it off because he was working hard, getting into the right positions and we were looking very good as a team. Under different circumstances, if we were losing for example then he may not have seen the funny side so much but I still don't think he would have had the reaction Mancini would have given Mario. Mancini looked to constantly have a dig at Balotelli where as Rodgers will work with him like he does everyone else and wont single him out and will support him all the way.

Agreed. Furthermore i think Rodgers will have the balance of being there for Mario with encouraging words but be stern enough when needed if he needs telling, like Raheem and the whole "steady" fiasco.

Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #17361: Sep 01, 2014 08:26:47 pm
      Loving this snippet on Mario

Liverpool vs Tottenham: 'I'm giving Mario Balotelli responsibility. He now has to mark at corners!' says manager Brendan Rodgers

We were doing corners [in training] and I said to him, ‘I’m putting you on [a man] at [defensive] corners. He said: 'I don't mark at corners.' I said: ‘You do now!’ He went in and he had a great header from a corner. Treat him like an adult with responsibility …”

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/tottenham-vs-liverpool-im-giving-mario-balotelli-responsibility-he-now-has-to-mark-at-corners-says-manager-brendan-rodgers-9702416.html

Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #17362: Sep 01, 2014 09:44:33 pm
      Smugly sat at home now wearing his slippers having a mug of tea and some Jaffa cakes watching transfer deadline day unfold knowing he has done his work well before now and done it well

Good man gaffer..(go on though give us a surprise)  xxxxx:action-smiley-065:
      Scottbot

• 9,593 posts | 2153 
      Reply #17363: Sep 01, 2014 10:27:35 pm

Love it.

Must admit it was hilarious to watch him cracking up in the replay of the Balo shot that he missed so badly, even more so considering we were only 1-0 up at the time! Seems to me to be a man who is very comfortable in his own shoes.

I'll also go back to the team spirit he seems to have engineered at the club. It was incredible last season, right from the first game the way the players celebrated Mignolet's penno save on the opening day and the way the players ALL celebrated their goals, and more often than not the scorer would be seeking out the provider to congratulate them rather than seeking all the plaudits for themselves. It was fantastic to watch.

Already this season we can see the spirit of the lads. I was so impressed with their effort levels and attitude at 3-0 down against City last Monday. No finger pointing, no heads dropping, no less effort, none of the 'try and do it on your own' approach you often see from players, they still marked, tracked and tackled as if it were 0-0. Really impressive and speaks volumes for the morale and spirit within the squad.

The signing of Balotelli just confirms the confidence Brendan has in the attitude and work ethic of the squad. He wasn't worried about upsetting it and appears to have absolute confidence in what he is doing. Also great to hear Stevie point out that Balo won't have a choice, 'everybody works hard here, with and without the ball, that's just how it is'.

I was really quite nervous before the Spurs game because it is so important to make a strong start in this league but the game dispelled most of my fears. We're no one hit wonders, we MIT have lost our best player but we've clearly got a very astute manager with a plan and I think we're gonna have another cracking season.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2765 
      Reply #17364: Sep 01, 2014 10:39:01 pm

Love it.

Sign of a man confident in himself and his team and comfortable with what they are at. Great sign

Quick Reply