Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3031935 times
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,955 posts | 3334 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #18469: Oct 23, 2014 10:09:23 pm
      Wasn't Klopp a catch phrase in Dad's Army. ? Instead of saying Heil Hitler the character used to say KLOPPP.

It was in 'Allo 'Allo.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18470: Oct 23, 2014 10:10:47 pm

Eurored does not respect the man at all. Criticising his appearance and all that? That's not respect.

I said to you last night when I missed some of the game because of your verbal diarrhea that you were on something.
      Now Im sure of it.
      I respect the manager of our football club and I respect the other members of this forum some of who I am in awe of with their knowledge despite the years I have supported this club.
      You just make it up as you go along.

How many members did you have a go at last night?
      What did you call me  " a vile little pr**k" or something.

I told you last night as Billy has told you.
      Your just an internet warrior pal. Hiding behind your keyboard.

It was running down your leg last night and the only conclusion I came to is that you were a closet Manc of which you shut up and did not reply to.

BTW   Tell your mate HSc to stop plussing you. Its quite obvious.

Do you sleep together as well ?

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18471: Oct 23, 2014 10:12:59 pm

of course it was and he is more likely to be our new manager than Klopp.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #18472: Oct 23, 2014 10:15:24 pm
      I said to you last night when I missed some of the game because of your verbal diarrhea that you were on something.
      Now Im sure of it.
      I respect the manager of our football club and I respect the other members of this forum some of who I am in awe of with their knowledge despite the years I have supported this club.

It was running down your leg last night and the only conclusion I came to is that you were a closet Manc of which you shut up and did not reply to.

Stop being a c**t once in your life I assume you are a adult? If so act like one.

Gongfarmer
      • Forum Phil Babb

• 173 posts | 19 
      Reply #18473: Oct 23, 2014 10:28:56 pm
      Being a manager is a tough gig, most go at some point. Smiling and great quotes are very well when you are winning, getting us out of this predicament is his call, and his predicament. Put simply he either will, or we will have a new manager.

Down to you Brendan
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18474: Oct 23, 2014 10:31:13 pm
      Stop being a c**t once in your life I assume you are a adult? If so act like one.

;D

Cant you do better than that ?

Who plussed you ?   Duh Let me guess. :lmao:

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #18475: Oct 23, 2014 10:32:57 pm
      Not like Rodgers has done much better.  They're still living off of that one window where they brought in Sturridge and Coutinho.  Pretty much everyone else he has signed has been awful.  The rest have been nothing more than just ok. 

Hard to argue with this part even though some of the Summer signings may turn out okay, although, at this early stage none of them look like they're going to set the world alight.

This is a big season for the boss. Huge in fact. I want a trophy and top four minimum. Rodgers needs both - the latter more so for his own job security and our club's immediate future at a high and competitive level.

I like Rodgers and he proved last year he can get his sides playing football that destroys teams. Now though, since he's lost a couple of the players that were instrumental to that brutal style of play that we were accustomed to from the turn of the year, it does alarm me how he has spent his money and shown everybody how he just cannot organise his defence.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't just a little bit worried. It seems a lot of things need to happen for us to improve and put a run together.

If he gives the same instructions from the start against Hull as he did against Madrid though I doubt they'd hold out as well and we'd be well on the way to starting that run that I mentioned.
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18476: Oct 23, 2014 10:34:39 pm
      Now Im sure of it.

Excuse me? It was you that called me a 'demented little pr**k'. Double standards or what? The utter sh*te you and walton spew is unreal and insulting to the club and the manager. I called out Billy for talking crap that, apparently, we were 'playing the worst football since we were in the Second Division'. Sorry pal, but this is a forum where those types of view should be contested (because you know it's a load of rubbish that statement) and that doesn't mean we have to treat the likes of you and other self righteous arrogant oldies like Private Godfrey.

The holier than thou attitude strikes up again from the Golden Oldies who will go out their way to insult Rodgers and everyone who isn't of the age to remember the old days.

It totally stinks. I'd rather be seen to defend OUR manager and back the club like a true supporter, rather than continue to be a turncoat, fickle 'fan' that you seem to think is acceptable conduct for supporting.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #18477: Oct 23, 2014 10:38:34 pm
      Has four main things he needs to sort out sharpish:

1)A keeper - Mignolet isn't good enough...simple. Good shot stopper but every other aspect of his game is lacking.

2)The Defence - The defence is a shambles and lessons from last season have clearly not been learned. Johnson aside, I'm not sure if its the personnel and more to do with the system we play.

3)The midfield - With our full backs so advanced, think we need two holding centre midfielders as opposed to one and if it is the one, in cannot be Stevie. This already shaky defence is being put under further pressure as a result whenever we are not in possession.

4)Strikers - Balotelli cannot play up top alone, doubt if Lambert can either. Our best recent performances have been when we've played two strikers so with Sturridge out, it's one of these alongside Borini for me.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18478: Oct 23, 2014 10:40:45 pm
      Has four main things he needs to sort out sharpish:

1)A keeper - Mignolet isn't good enough...simple. Good shot stopper but every other aspect of his game is lacking.

2)The Defence - The defence is a shambles and lessons from last season have clearly not been learned. Johnson aside, I'm not sure if its the personnel and more to do with the system we play.

3)The midfield - With our full backs so advanced, think we need two holding centre midfielders as opposed to one and if it is the one, in cannot be Stevie. This already shaky defence is being put under further pressure as a result whenever we are not in possession.

4)Strikers - Balotelli cannot play up top alone, doubt if Lambert can either. Our best recent performances have been when we've played two strikers so with Sturridge out, it's one of these alongside Borini for me.

What about Lallana as a false 9?
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18479: Oct 24, 2014 01:06:24 am
      . I called out Billy for talking crap that, apparently, we were 'playing the worst football since we were in the Second Division'. Sorry pal, but this is a forum where those types of view should be contested (because you know it's a load of rubbish that statement) and that doesn't mean we have to treat the likes of you and other self righteous arrogant oldies like Private Godfrey.

Just to add some validity to my statement about playing our worse football since we were in the old second division I will give you a few facts. In the 1954/5 season we finished 11th and at times we did play sh*te so if anyone thinks we played good  they did not see the matches I saw. Last season we played good football but no one in their right mind can be satisfied with the standard of football being played this season. So you see Son of a Gun I base my posts on facts not crap as you infer.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18480: Oct 24, 2014 01:28:37 am
      Just to add some validity to my statement about playing our worse football since we were in the old second division I will give you a few facts. In the 1954/5 season we finished 11th and at times we did play sh*te so if anyone thinks we played good  they did not see the matches I saw. Last season we played good football but no one in their right mind can be satisfied with the standard of football being played this season. So you see Son of a Gun I base my posts on facts not crap as you infer.

But it's not been as bad as that. There has been much much much worse in the last 5 years, let alone 60 years.

You cannot say 'this is the worst football we've played since then' when we had Hodgson, and the second half of Kenny's full season was just dire. And I don't think this is much worse than Brendan's start either.

How can we be on the verge of the top four while we're playing the worst football you've seen in a long while? Hodgson had us on the verge of relegation for much of his time!

I realise it's not good at the moment, but there's so much hyperbole going around here that it's an utter disaster. It's not, it's really not - things will undoubtedly pick up, mark my words.

Let's look at the optimistic points and the prospects for the future are decent - financially stable, stadium expansion, and a young squad that will only get better. The bad times are terrible to endure and its easy to overreact but a bit of perspective shows us it's not a disaster.

Heaven sake, we're still ahead of Arsenal and United in the league by playing under-par football. If we fire on all cylinders we beat them - no question. I'm looking to consolidate the top four as a success this year - not win the league. But even if that doesn't happen, I think the young squad does bode well for the future.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18481: Oct 24, 2014 01:50:48 am
      But it's not been as bad as that. There has been much much much worse in the last 5 years, let alone 60 years.

You cannot say 'this is the worst football we've played since then' when we had Hodgson, and the second half of Kenny's full season was just dire. And I don't think this is much worse than Brendan's start either.

How can we be on the verge of the top four while we're playing the worst football you've seen in a long while? Hodgson had us on the verge of relegation for much of his time!

I realise it's not good at the moment, but there's so much hyperbole going around here that it's an utter disaster. It's not, it's really not - things will undoubtedly pick up, mark my words.

Seeing as I witnessed the standard of football played in !954/5 why should your version of good/bad football count more than the memories I have. The problem in 1954 was too many of our players had aged at the same time, I refer to the likes of  Sidlow    Lambert, Taylor, Bill Jones,  Payne, Fagan to name a few, Luckily for us we still had the likes  of Billy Liddell, Alan A'Court or we really would of been in sh*t street. Those were the days when it cost 1 shilling and sixpence to get in the ground and the Boys Pen cost 9 old pennies. But what would I know how we played football in those days.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18482: Oct 24, 2014 02:04:51 am
      Seeing as I witnessed the standard of football played in !954/5 why should your version of good/bad football count more than the memories I have. The problem in 1954 was too many of our players had aged at the same time, I refer to the likes of  Sidlow    Lambert, Taylor, Bill Jones,  Payne, Fagan to name a few, Luckily for us we still had the likes  of Billy Liddell, Alan A'Court or we really would of been in sh*t street. Those were the days when it cost 1 shilling and sixpence to get in the ground and the Boys Pen cost 9 old pennies. But what would I know how we played football in those days.

I didn't see it, that's right, but I did see Hodgson and the second half of Kenny's full season in charge.

What I'm saying is our football is nowhere near those depths, let alone the depths of what you saw in the 50s.

It can't be the worst football we've played in 60 years when we've had far worse than currently in the last 4 years is what I am saying.
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18483: Oct 24, 2014 03:17:11 am
      If you did not see the football in the period 1954/5 how can you comment on the standard played, as far as I know there is no DVD.s from that time. I well remember the day we were relegated to the old 2nd division, why do I remember because Everton got promoted from the 2nd to the 1st division the same time and that bloody hurt. By the way this is from memory not from google .
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #18484: Oct 24, 2014 04:14:11 am
      If you did not see the football in the period 1954/5 how can you comment on the standard played, as far as I know there is no DVD.s from that time. I well remember the day we were relegated to the old 2nd division, why do I remember because Everton got promoted from the 2nd to the 1st division the same time and that bloody hurt. By the way this is from memory not from google .

Hang on billy, you said we were playing the worst football since the 50s.

I am saying we are not - we have seen far worse in the last 4 years than currently. Surely Hodgson's reign was the worst since the 50s, NOT this form currently.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #18485: Oct 24, 2014 04:47:08 am
      I am OK with calling Brendan out or questioning his decisions, I question them myself at times including now

What I don't get is talk of teeth, cars, paintings, girfriends etc..etc.

I don't understand how that is anybody business and I question the motives of any poster using those as a stick to beat him with or that they have anything to do with LFC because they dont.

Question his tactics, bi*ch about his transfer record, all fair game....the personal stuff, nah that is brought up out of resentment not because of results.
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #18486: Oct 24, 2014 05:46:50 am
      Hang on billy, you said we were playing the worst football since the 50s.

I am saying we are not - we have seen far worse in the last 4 years than currently. Surely Hodgson's reign was the worst since the 50s, NOT this form currently.

If Billy 1 (by all accounts a respected poster on this forum) thinks its the worst he's seen Liverpool performing since the '50's, then let him think that, it's only his opinion.

Like you, I believe the football and performances along with results under Hodgson were far worse and obviously disagree with Billy 1's opinion because we were a lot worse under him than what we're seeing now - and that is saying something. In fact, come to think of it I've seen some F***ing poor performances from Liverpool teams that have played under Dalglish '80's circa, (I got to watch us at WHL in 89/90 and even though we won the league that year, the one nil loss at Spurs to a Paul Stewart header was a very poor performance. Same again at Highbury that season I saw another insipid display from Barnes & co and it wasn't until Ronny Rosenthal came on that we began to look like a team and claim a 1-1 draw there), Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa (even now at Napoli his defense needs working on apparently as they currently sit 7th after 7 games with 9 goals conceded, Dalglish again and Rodgers have all gone through tough phases.

The performance against Madrid was a very poor one no doubt and while criticism of the manager and players is fair; performances like that will get the old knee jerking and you do get outlandish claims like 'that was the worst performance I've seen since the '50's. But I 'don't think' (I may stand corrected on that) Billy 1 has slaughtered Rodgers for the car he drives etc...
      Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #18487: Oct 24, 2014 07:31:08 am
      If Billy 1 (by all accounts a respected poster on this forum) thinks its the worst he's seen Liverpool performing since the '50's, then let him think that, it's only his opinion.

Like you, I believe the football and performances along with results under Hodgson were far worse and obviously disagree with Billy 1's opinion because we were a lot worse under him than what we're seeing now - and that is saying something. In fact, come to think of it I've seen some f**king poor performances from Liverpool teams that have played under Dalglish '80's circa, (I got to watch us at WHL in 89/90 and even though we won the league that year, the one nil loss at Spurs to a Paul Stewart header was a very poor performance. Same again at Highbury that season I saw another insipid display from Barnes & co and it wasn't until Ronny Rosenthal came on that we began to look like a team and claim a 1-1 draw there), Souness, Evans, Houllier, Rafa (even now at Napoli his defense needs working on apparently as they currently sit 7th after 7 games with 9 goals conceded, Dalglish again and Rodgers have all gone through tough phases.

The performance against Madrid was a very poor one no doubt and while criticism of the manager and players is fair; performances like that will get the old knee jerking and you do get outlandish claims like 'that was the worst performance I've seen since the '50's. But I 'don't think' (I may stand corrected on that) Billy 1 has slaughtered Rodgers for the car he drives etc...

There is a lot of truth in your post beerbelly, it is indeed my opinion and I am fully entitled to that opinion. I did mention in an earlier post that the late great Bill Shankly came in for criticism and as you say  Kenny Dalglish  did  towards the end of his first term as our Manager. Most of the criticism directed towards Kenny was the signings he made. I also mentioned earlier that the only 2 managers I cannot recall getting criticised were Sir Bob Paisley and Joe Fagan. I have seen so many highs and lows at Liverpool Football Club and I am entitled to remember them as I so wish. If you think I am exaggerating on how things were in 1954/5  just imagine the uproar if we were to ever get relegated and finish 11th in the lower division, i wonder how many would jump ship.
      emsy28
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 545 posts | 12 
      Reply #18488: Oct 24, 2014 08:38:49 am
      Tadders

• 6,613 posts | 558 
      Reply #18489: Oct 24, 2014 09:07:23 am
      We will have plenty of time on the training ground and spare Wednesdays next season BR. Not going after Valdez with determination is a mistake.
      ruthcity

• 6,867 posts | 1465 
      Reply #18490: Oct 24, 2014 09:25:41 am
      We will have plenty of time on the training ground and spare Wednesdays next season BR. Not going after Valdez with determination is a mistake.
      Perhaps not! Apparently we still have faith in £9m Simon!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18491: Oct 24, 2014 10:24:56 am
      Excuse me? It was you that called me a 'demented little pr**k'. Double standards or what? The utter sh*te you and walton spew is unreal and insulting to the club and the manager. I called out Billy for talking crap that, apparently, we were 'playing the worst football since we were in the Second Division'. Sorry pal, but this is a forum where those types of view should be contested (because you know it's a load of rubbish that statement) and that doesn't mean we have to treat the likes of you and other self righteous arrogant oldies like Private Godfrey.

The holier than thou attitude strikes up again from the Golden Oldies who will go out their way to insult Rodgers and everyone who isn't of the age to remember the old days.

It totally stinks. I'd rather be seen to defend OUR manager and back the club like a true supporter, rather than continue to be a turncoat, fickle 'fan' that you seem to think is acceptable conduct for supporting.

If you want to keep having a go at forum members thats up to you and them.

You do make it up as you go along and contradict yourself. Impossible to even have debate with.
      Expected from someone in nappies.

I'm going to take the sound advice received by PMs of many members of this forum in dealing with you.

What do you do when the nutter comes and sits next to you on the bus ?
      Ignore them. 
      Otherwise you feed into their mental illness.

So there we go.

Have a nice life..... if you can.

Do you know your initials are   SO   AG  ?  :lmao:

Bye   ....  Go piss in the wind.
      « Last Edit: Oct 24, 2014 11:22:35 am by eurored »

Quick Reply