Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3041190 times
      Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,162 posts | 829 
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #27531: Apr 26, 2015 01:41:57 pm
      BR has cast doubt on Daniel Sturridge's status as first-choice striker in the light of his injury issues by saying ''the club must sign a consistent goalscorer this summer who can perform at a top level every week''.

Does the manager need a f**king messenger pigeon?
      Modern means of communication are apparently useless between Boston and Liverpool, I have family in Sutton, Mass. and the bro-in-law is a scouser, have to message him on f.book and tell to get downtown and have a word.

He signed Lambert and Balotelli, none have scored more than 5 goals this season, it's his job to motivate them and get play them in a system that they would thrive in. I think it's a lame excuse to be honest from Rodgers.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #27532: Apr 26, 2015 02:09:08 pm
      He signed Lambert and Balotelli, none have scored more than 5 goals this season, it's his job to motivate them and get play them in a system that they would thrive in. I think it's a lame excuse to be honest from Rodgers.

You pay average money for average players.
      If that sum is all that is made available the over-riding chances are that there are going to be under-achievers in the squad. 
      There are of course exceptions to the rule but relying on these exceptions makes the presence of the under-achievers an enforced necessity.

Arab Scouse
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,162 posts | 829 
      Reply #27533: Apr 26, 2015 02:15:46 pm
      You pay average money for average players.
      If that sum is all that is made available the over-riding chances are that there are going to be under-achievers in the squad. 
      There are of course exceptions to the rule but relying on these exceptions makes the presence of the under-achievers an enforced necessity.

Balotelli isn't an average player, he is a very good one but he isn't a Liverpool type of player with the tactics we play.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #27534: Apr 26, 2015 02:26:31 pm
      You forgot to say " in my opinion but i don't know for sure".
      When you talk of the players i mentioned as being a "low risk" financially to FSG, with a view to a substantial return. Who?
      Ricki lambert?
      Balotelli low risk for £16 million ? Seriously ?
      Borini? We could of sold him for a profit, but didn't. But i'm sure we will  won't we?
      Ah , guess i'm just not seeing this pattern were its all about making money and nothing more. Because on those 3 players alone , its  looking like a loss of maybe £22 million.
      Maybe someone wanted those players. Now who could that be?

False economies by JWH&Co entirely.
      Speaking of faulted proposition the Borini tittle-tattle is just that, the deal crashed because the player or his agent wanted to remain at Anfield and '' fight for his place/maintain his salary status''. Of course the massaging of actual events takes priority in order to accommodate an agenda.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #27535: Apr 26, 2015 02:29:02 pm
      And it's BR that put him on a level that Barca would consider paying the 3rd highest transfer fee in the history of football

Behave lad, Suarez was always destined for greatness, should be Brendan getting down on his knees and thanking Luis for last season!!
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #27536: Apr 26, 2015 03:11:22 pm
      Rodgers deserves another season.

I can't believe the way many of our own have 'turned on him'.

F**k being in the trenches with some of you.

Who the F**k are JWH&Co going to install if Brendan gets the bullet?
      Will it be a manager who refuses to buy average players hoping to fashion greatness from mediocrity?
      Given that BR fits that model and some want him gone it follows that the replacement would be required to buy proven internationals at a price that reflects their outrageous talent.
      To reiterate: who the F**k are JWH&Co going to install if they give him the bullet?

Tell you what mate I'd rather these people were in the opposing trenches and there was clear demarcation and we knew who was fighting for the common good.

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #27537: Apr 26, 2015 03:19:47 pm
      Luke: come on to f**k buddy, it's me you're talking with here, you're way better than that. "Limitations" and not "restrictions"? Jaysus. 

restriction
          noun re·stric·tion \ri-ˈstrik-shÉ™n\
      : a law or rule that limits or controls something

: the act of limiting or controlling something

Anyhow... that's my last on the subject of the "limitations" Klopp faced at Dortmund and how, I believe, he could have done even better without them.

Perhaps limitations and restrictions was semantics to you but being you I still would expect you to understand my point:

My point being that the difference to me between a limit and a restriction is choice.

There's no choice involved for Dortmund and therefore when they do grow enough to have a comparable budget to ours the difference which still existed then will become obvious.

To demonstrate the point in simplest terms and to avoid confusion these figures are for demonstrative purposes only:

Dortmund board have £5m available they make all of that £5m available to Klopp therefore have backed him to 100% of their capability. No restrictions placed on what can be used for wages and what can be used for transfers only an upper limit they cannot exceed. 'If' they prove successful this season in transfer acquisitions then next season this limit will grow in line with that success.

Liverpool board have £20m available but they restrict any wages exceeding £5m or transfer fee exceeding £10m.  'If' they prove successful those restrictions will not change, even if they manage to sell a player for £75m and remove £150000 off the wage bill they will not remove those restrictions and therefore it is provable that they are not backing the manager in the same way that Dortmund are.

Even under these circumstances Klopp has proven to buy better calibre players than we have, so I would have thought given that evidence that it would be safe to assume he could get more under the restrictions he would face here.

That's my last word on it also.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,595 posts | 6928 
      Reply #27538: Apr 26, 2015 03:25:41 pm
      I can't believe the way many of our own have 'turned on him'.

F**k being in the trenches with some of you.

Think you are being a bit harsh on 'some' posters.  Most clearly want what they think is best for the football club.  They might be wrong they might be right but managers and players come and go.  It's a common truth that no matter what a Liverpool manager has done in the past for the club if progress appears to stall or goes into reverse they usually get the chop.

See Evans, Houllier, Benitez, Dalglish.  And they'd all won trophies for the club.

I'm relatively 50/50 about whether he gets another season or not - but when you look at the CV of potential replacements like Klopp then it's got winner written all over it.

Even under these circumstances Klopp has proven to buy better calibre players than we have, so I would have thought given that evidence that it would be safe to assume he could get more under the restrictions he would face here.

Fair point.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #27539: Apr 26, 2015 03:55:20 pm
      Re: Klopp/Dortmund conversation continuing still going on, I'll once again encourage you to look at spending in the Bundesliga. Only one team spends a significant amount, and that's obviously Bayern Munich. Teams in the Bundesliga, which is also 18 teams by the way, rarely if ever eclipse a net spend above 15m euros (not pounds). Less competition, less money, less spending, less expensive mistakes, less attention, but a significantly deeper talent pool to draw from in Germany. A good example of that is Emre Can: We have a wankfest over him because he's an all-around talent, but you can probably go to the Bundesliga right now and get 2 more players like him at a similar price.

As for the continual obsession over what Brendan says in a press conference, he's a glass half-full guy and always has been. Some people are glass half-empty, others are simply half-full of sh*t. With 5 games left -- and with the team already looking like it's checking out since the loss to United -- how much good is it going to do to completely bash the players in the media at this point?
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27540: Apr 26, 2015 03:57:53 pm
      Personally I think it's hugely disrespectful from Brendan to say he needs new strikers, when the ones HE bought generally sit on the bench and get 10 minutes a month playing time and then they do get used, they receive little to no service. Needs to man the F**k up and take responsibility for his own short comings rather than pass the buck.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #27541: Apr 26, 2015 03:58:58 pm
      The missing ingredient/affecting factor with any previous managers is of course FSG, the dismissal of Rafa under the thieves tenure does bear examination and comparison to an extent with the sacking of Kenny Dalglish by FSG.

Before the apologists damage digits impaled on keyboards I will expand.

Any previous managers for one reason of the other were shown the door specifically for football related issues, Rafa hung on as long as he could while H&G juggled the boardroom and eventually got the decision they wanted - the board turned on the manager and he was gone. Rafa stood between H&G and total control of LFC. 

FSG appointed Comolli to monitor KD in what some saw as a ploy to dislodge the manager and leave the owners free to install a more compliant model willing to temper an unbounding desire to improve the club, Kenny was gone.

Neither of those examples can be compared to say Evans or Houllier and although paradoxically our present owners fought and beat H&G for control of the club a similarity however  obscure, can be brought to bear on their methods. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #27542: Apr 26, 2015 04:12:41 pm
      I see this bollocks about commoli being brought in to "monitor" KK is still being pushed.

Funny then that Commoli was appointed before KK.

Actually the whole idea that they spent millions on a contract for a fella to "monitor" another person they hired is F***ing laughable, and makes no sense at all to anyone with even half a brain.
      littleface
      • Needs a Klopp hug or slap or both
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27543: Apr 26, 2015 04:36:14 pm
      False economies by JWH&Co entirely.
      Speaking of faulted proposition the Borini tittle-tattle is just that, the deal crashed because the player or his agent wanted to remain at Anfield and '' fight for his place/maintain his salary status''. Of course the massaging of actual events takes priority in order to accommodate an agenda.
      How about this then. Rodgers takes Borini to one side snd says " there is no future for you at this club whatsoever. You will never play for one of my teams ever again. Its time to move on. If you refuse, i will release a statement to the press saying you are only staying on for money, nothing more"
      That , is what a strong manager would do.
      What actually happened was a weak manager failing in his duties to the club.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27544: Apr 26, 2015 04:40:08 pm
      Who the f**k are JWH&Co going to install if Brendan gets the bullet?
      Will it be a manager who refuses to buy average players hoping to fashion greatness from mediocrity?
      Given that BR fits that model and some want him gone it follows that the replacement would be required to buy proven internationals at a price that reflects their outrageous talent.
      To reiterate: who the f**k are JWH&Co going to install if they give him the bullet?

Tell you what mate I'd rather these people were in the opposing trenches and there was clear demarcation and we knew who was fighting for the common good.

FSG are in talks with Klopps advisors as we speak. Rodgers is not gona be are manager next season. And rightly so.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,384 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #27545: Apr 26, 2015 04:43:00 pm
      How about this then. Rodgers takes Borini to one side snd says " there is no future for you at this club whatsoever. You will never play for one of my teams ever again. Its time to move on. If you refuse, i will release a statement to the press saying you are only staying on for money, nothing more"
      That , is what a strong manager would do.
      What actually happened was a weak manager failing in his duties to the club.

the same Brendan Rodgers who had him at chelsea, signed him for both Swansea and Liverpool
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #27546: Apr 26, 2015 04:44:29 pm

FSG are in talks with Klopps advisors as we speak. Rodgers is not gona be are manager next season. And rightly so.

Proof of this?

littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27547: Apr 26, 2015 05:04:14 pm
      I have no proof whatsoever. I do however have a credible source. I will stand by that.100%.
      Feel free to ridicule me if this proves completely false.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #27548: Apr 26, 2015 05:21:16 pm

No one, with any semblance of intelligence, can be giving you +s for these utterly shocking posts.

Because you are a load of it. A load of stinking, toxic sh*te. If I were a sewer engineer I would actually sieve the sewers so to remove your toxic sh*te from all the normal sh*te heading out to sea. And you know what, I'd send it back to you first class so that the only person and only environment that has to put up with your toxic sh*te is you and your own home.

It's that f**king bad.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #27549: Apr 26, 2015 05:31:41 pm
      I have no proof whatsoever. I do however have a credible source. I will stand by that.100%.
      Feel free to ridicule me if this proves completely false.

I'll make a bet with you; I bet that Klopp won't be our manager at the beginning of next season. Whoever loses can only post in Alan Partridge quotes for 3 months.
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #27550: Apr 26, 2015 05:32:08 pm
      Behave lad, Suarez was always destined for greatness, should be Brendan getting down on his knees and thanking Luis for last season!!

You've really gotta wonder whether alfie is a real poster or just a Manc on a windup with that nugget of tripe that he wrote.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27551: Apr 26, 2015 05:35:11 pm
      No one, with any semblance of intelligence, can be giving you +s for these utterly shocking posts.

Because you are a load of it. A load of stinking, toxic sh*te. If I were a sewer engineer I would actually sieve the sewers so to remove your toxic sh*te from all the normal sh*te heading out to sea. And you know what, I'd send it back to you first class so that the only person and only environment that has to put up with your toxic sh*te is you and your own home.

It's that f**king bad.
      Hey, thats great. Keep up the good work old chap.
      littleface
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,283 posts | 253 
      Reply #27552: Apr 26, 2015 05:41:05 pm
      I'll make a bet with you; I bet that Klopp won't be our manager at the beginning of next season. Whoever loses can only post in Alan Partridge quotes for 3 months.
      Now you know i only bet with my head,  not my heart. I said FSG are speaking to Klopps advisors. Whether we get him or not is a different matter. I pray they sell him our club. But i do admit i was tempted. I've already put my head on the block. What have you done?
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #27553: Apr 26, 2015 05:42:38 pm
      Now you know i only bet with my head,  not my heart. I said FSG are speaking to Klopps advisors. Whether we get him or not is a different matter. I pray they sell him our club. But i do admit i was tempted. I've already put my head on the block. What have you done?

How you are still on this forum is beyond me.

You should have been given a warning ages ago at least - and to be honest, the majority of us would love to see your sorry arse get the hell out of here.

Quick Reply