Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3045656 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #31050: May 27, 2015 08:45:44 am
      Twatted by Palace at home and then destroyed by Stoke. He's lost the dressing room and majority of fans.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #31051: May 27, 2015 08:48:25 am
      Twatted by Palace at home and then destroyed by Stoke. He's lost the dressing room and majority of fans.

Perhaps in their grand scheme of things even FSG may not have planned for his abject collapse.

Head scratch time .

Do they do what they want to do .....     or do whats good for the club , the team and the supporters ?

Ah.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31052: May 27, 2015 08:49:36 am
      Ive said many times this season he deserves another chance to put things right next season, and the squad is young and now 100% his.

But the way we have fell apart since the manc defeat has led me to change my mind, and the stoke thrashing (fuk me just saying that is tough) was last straw, he has got to go !!!

But I suspect FSG will stick, they did give him a 5 year contract not long ago, but by god they better back him, and replace the senior lads leaving and get a top top striker to give the man a chance next seaosn.
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #31053: May 27, 2015 08:59:34 am
      He's not going anywhere, if he was, we'd have heard something by now

That was a 6-1 hammering by Stoke City, it was an unmitigated disaster in the true sense of the word. Everyone in the sporting world knows a drubbing when they see one and what it means for all involved. Americans, English, Chinese, New Zealanders, everyone.

drubbing

noun
      1. a beating; a sound thrashing.
      2. a decisive, humiliating defeat, as in a game or contest.
      3 someone has fu**ed up big time.

My advice is for sanity sake, get behind Rodgers and back him because they aren't going to sack him.
      Emlyn Hughes
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,635 posts | 130 
      Reply #31054: May 27, 2015 09:07:05 am

My advice is for sanity sake, get behind Rodgers and back him because they aren't going to sack him.

I wouldn't bank on that. Football is a crazy and fast business! Players can sign new contracts, commit to the club and leave the club next season.

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31055: May 27, 2015 09:18:46 am
      Ill back him if he is staying, and if he turns it round fair play to him.

But, still think he should have resigned after that result saturday. And cancelled the players wee fun break in teh sun together. ffs.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #31056: May 27, 2015 09:20:16 am
      I wouldn't bank on that. Football is a crazy and fast business! .

It is yes

! Players can sign new contracts, commit to the club and leave the club next season.

When they sign deals so they can leave the club next season yes

But, still think he should have resigned after that result saturday. And cancelled the players wee fun break in teh sun together. ffs.

That was as part of a goodbye to Gerrard..

They've ruined his leaving enough without cancelling that as well

Billy1
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,638 posts | 1966 
      Reply #31057: May 27, 2015 09:38:19 am

Rush mate I hear what you are saying but If Brendan Rodgers wants the backing of the L.F.C. fan base he will have to do the job as manager a lot differently to the way he has done it. We can ill afford to play good football for 3 months and play sh*te for the rest of the season. And we certainly cannot be humiliated in Europe as we were this season.

GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #31058: May 27, 2015 09:55:35 am
      We should start a protest against FSG if they don't sack Brendan, they clearly don't care about the future of our club. What Spirit of Shankly has to say about this ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31059: May 27, 2015 10:00:14 am
      It is yes

When they sign deals so they can leave the club next season yes

That was as part of a goodbye to Gerrard..

They've ruined his leaving enough without cancelling that as well

Fair enough. But watching them all jetting off to the sun, after that embarrassing result was an insult.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #31060: May 27, 2015 10:15:38 am

I wouldn't bank on that, an end of season review has been penned in, probably in the diary for quite a while, the period between the end of the season and the date of that review gives time for a thorough analysis of every thing that has happened throughout the summer and last season and allows for them to go in prepared for the end of season review.

Just because some expect immediate action, doesn't mean action will not be coming following the end of season review.

Look at it logically, remove emotion from the equation.

2 goals that have failed this season.

Transfer Committee founded to ensure the club did not waste its resources = Failed.
      Over £100m invested in the squad, No title challenge Expected, but Champions League football was the minimum requirement = failed.

Some one will be held accountable.

Stay calm, ignore the press for now, unless there's a statement from Tom Werner/John Henry et all, take it with a pinch of salt.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #31061: May 27, 2015 10:20:57 am
      I wouldn't bank on that, an end of season review has been penned in, probably in the diary for quite a while, the period between the end of the season and the date of that review gives time for a thorough analysis of every thing that has happened throughout the summer and last season and allows for them to go in prepared for the end of season review.

Just because some expect immediate action, doesn't mean action will not be coming following the end of season review.

Transfer Committee founded to ensure the club did not waste its resources = Failed.
      Over £100m invested in the squad, No title challenge Expected, but Champions League football was the minimum requirement = failed.

Stay calm, ignore the press for now, unless there's a statement from Tom Werner/John Henry et all, take it with a pinch of salt.

Yeah it won't be long until John's next letter will it

:)
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #31062: May 27, 2015 10:23:16 am
      Like Crouch said above I want a DoF/Sporting Director to come in and totally shape the football at the club and he is the man to hire the manager or at least agree to who the owners want to hire.
      That's exactly what we had before with Comolli mate; remember this quote?

Liverpool chief Henry praises Comolli for overcoming critics in first year at Anfield

But such is the impact Comolli has made, Henry has credited the Frenchman with helping Liverpool 're-establish' a philosophy and insists he has an integral role to play in shaping the club’s future.

"It's been a great first year," said Henry. "His accomplishments so far – most of them unseen by people outside the club – have been extremely important. He has organized so much so quickly and so well.
      "Stability, clarity and purpose have been established.  A philosophy had been re-established.  And just as importantly there is a strong trust that has developed among staff and has been translated into the dressing room."
      "I don't think it was a gamble (to appoint him) at all. I believe not having a Director of Football is a gamble and Kenny agrees with that perception. The manager's job is huge in football throughout the world for large clubs.  No one person can be responsible for every aspect of the operation."

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-2059552/John-Henry-praises-Damien-Comolli-Liverpool.html#ixzz3bKO1rgZZ

Now why our glorious leader would ditch such hard held views, so F***ing quickly, to take what he insisted was a risk ["I believe not having a Director of Football is a gamble"], is beyond me.

Maybe he took the wrong advice. Maybe it was because his balls dropped and he sh*t the bags as he thought his profit margins had taken a hit with the "failure" of 'big money signings' all to be brilliant in their first season - [little did he know how much return he'd get on Luis; eh?].

Listen: maybe John W now, finally, realises that he jumped the gun; that my hole knows more about snipe shooting than he knows about football than he does and he'll change tack but... I won't be holding my hand on my arse while I'm waiting.

The only thing that can possibly see a seed change is the realisation that a smaller profit margin will see a better football team and that financial 'hit' may be worth it if it salvages a damaged reputation (which is thankfully growing amongst a lot of savvy fans). The more out-cry and bad publicity: the more chance he'll change tack - just as he did before.  ;)

Fingers F***ing crossed.  >:D
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31063: May 27, 2015 10:32:37 am

This is true. season was a failure, and he has lost a lot of faith with the fans. But will that be enough for them to abandan a manager on a 5 year deal.

Im not sure.
      Don77
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,527 posts | 1083 
      Reply #31064: May 27, 2015 10:33:16 am
      The way i see it is that Brendan is FSG's man. He is the man that works to their model.

Liverpool is no club for a young manager to be learning on the job. Only proven managers with winning credentials should be managing our club.

But FSG and Ian Ayre do not want a manager who demands the best ... a winner ... somebody who will call them to account on their continued failure.

So that rules out klopp Rafa and Ancelotti. FSG dont want world class players ... so wont look at world class managers either. But Gary Monk or Eddie Howe .... hmmmm if brendan goes my money would be on those lads.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,436 posts | 4582 
      Reply #31065: May 27, 2015 10:35:36 am
      The lads seem to be enjoying themselves in Dubai ;D

https://twitter.com/lfcfanscorner/status/603489087270604800
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #31066: May 27, 2015 11:01:00 am
      They seem a lot happier without Rodgers there!
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31067: May 27, 2015 11:36:19 am
      Glad they having fun, bless them, been a tough season, finsihed 6th, messed up 2 semi finals, and ended with a 6-1 pumping to the mighty stoke, they deserved a free holiday, given they are paid so little nowadays.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #31068: May 27, 2015 11:42:59 am
      Glad they having fun, bless them, been a tough season, finsihed 6th, messed up 2 semi finals, and ended with a 6-1 pumping to the mighty stoke, they deserved a free holiday, given they are paid so little nowadays.
      No they don't deserve a free holiday especially when my money is paying for it and they haven't worked hard enough both at Melwood and in the office.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31069: May 27, 2015 11:45:32 am
      No they don't deserve a free holiday especially when my money is paying for it and they haven't worked hard enough both at Melwood and in the office.

;D

Thats what I was saying in a sarcastic type of way. :-)
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #31070: May 27, 2015 11:51:34 am

My reaction when Klopp will be our manager =))))

Balo was recording it ?
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,526 posts | 1769 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #31071: May 27, 2015 11:54:16 am
      showing your age George lad, `taping it` ;D

tbf. I still have a VCR, dont use for taping, just used for playback of old sh1t.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #31072: May 27, 2015 12:00:19 pm
      showing your age George lad, `taping it` ;D

tbf. I still have a VCR, dont use for taping, just used for playback of old sh1t.

My mistake, recording it then :D

Quick Reply