Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3045315 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: Brendan Rodgers - Liverpool FC Manager
      Reply #34293: Aug 31, 2015 06:30:12 pm
      He knows exactly where he wants him.

Shame bent over naked in the showers is considered sexual harassment in the work place in the UK...
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,436 posts | 208 
      Reply #34294: Aug 31, 2015 06:37:00 pm
      300m spent and our best player is a fsg buy in coutinho years ago

F**k me sack him already so we can start over again
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,436 posts | 208 
      Reply #34295: Aug 31, 2015 06:37:52 pm
      I'm
      Calling it as it is no ifs or buts it's time we get a proper big time manager like ancelotti at least he would sell fckn joe Allen
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #34296: Aug 31, 2015 06:38:17 pm
      Shame bent over naked in the showers is considered sexual harassment in the work place in the UK...

But a perk of the job in the north-east Daz.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34297: Aug 31, 2015 06:45:10 pm
      I'm
      Calling it as it is no ifs or buts it's time we get a proper big time manager like ancelotti at least he would sell fckn joe Allen

Sorry mate

You're deluding yourself if you think the owners would entertain the idea or give him the freedom in structure to succeed

Where we are isn't all Rodgers fault.. Look who appointed him, look who sets the structure, look who employs the people above the manager
      PastorGeek
      • Not Actual Geek
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,526 posts | 719 
      Reply #34298: Aug 31, 2015 06:48:46 pm
      I just like Phil a bit deeper mate.

The other formation I like is this:

Can

Henderson Milner

Firmino Coutinho

Benteke

isnt this essentially what was played on saturday?

minus henderson
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34299: Aug 31, 2015 06:51:00 pm
      Weren't we playing the diamond when we started that 11 out of 11 winning streak finishing just 2 points behind City?

I don't think so because Suarez was banned for seven matches. If I remember correctly the diamond only came in once he was back available for selection and was implemented to accommodate both he and Sturridge. Nor am I entirely convinced the diamond will work with Benteke, at least not in the structure it was employed for those two. Benteke doesn't move around like Suarez or Sturridge, he occupies a different area of the pitch and whatever formation we employ would be best being a 1-1 in attack with him playing behind the main striker.

That's the thing with Benteke, you see, to my mind he doesn't suit a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond, more a traditional 4-4-1-1 formation with natural wide men putting crosses in, a formation we simply lack the players to employ. It's why I was so against his signing. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong as the season goes on, either way I doubt we'll see the best of him until Sturridge is back playing regularly.

300m spent and our best player is a fsg buy in coutinho years ago

F**k me sack him already so we can start over again

Sure, because it's really that simple isn't it? Any managerial change has to be accompanied by a change in club structure and a change in direction by the club's owners. You can't just chop and change managers each time it doesn't work because it'll never work and we'll piss money down the drain in contractual pay offs, leading to a life time of failure and end us up in the same creak without a paddle H&G did. Is that what you want?
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #34300: Aug 31, 2015 06:56:58 pm
      Sorry mate

You're deluding yourself if you think the owners would entertain the idea or give him the freedom in structure to succeed

Where we are isn't all Rodgers fault.. Look who appointed him, look who sets the structure, look who employs the people above the manager

Their biggest mistake has been buying into whatever Brendan has been selling them. Other than that I'm not entirely sure they're to blame for what happened last season and this season. Could be wrong, but I don't know what goes on behind the closed doors and I'm not going to believe any of the "ITK" bullsh*t that gets said on those matters.

The facts that I know is that they're investing in Anfield, they've given Brendan the money he needs, and they're supporting those decisions that it seems he wants.

Brendan's first moves and heavily desired targets were Joe Allen and Fabio Borini.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #34301: Aug 31, 2015 07:01:42 pm
      Couts strike aside we could be 1 point from 12 as it is we have 7. Fine margins they used to say, but I keep saying this manager needs to impose himself after Suarez and get a great result- if he could do this and not submit a 2000 page dossier to the Sunday times on how he knew what to do I would have so much more time for him.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #34302: Aug 31, 2015 07:05:37 pm
      Their biggest mistake has been buying into whatever Brendan has been selling them. 

But who employed Brendan? A manager with little to nil experience behind him?

. Other than that I'm not entirely sure they're to blame for what happened last season and this season.

But they employed the manager and employed the people above him? Put the idea of the committee there?

They ultimately take responsibility for the structure

Brendan's first moves and heavily desired targets were Joe Allen and Fabio Borini.

A young inexperienced manager going for players he had worked with before that he felt comfortable with working with again and giving him a foothold in the dressing room

Again a young inexperienced manager that they employed

Forget that all I'm saying is there is no chance they employ an Ancellotti...

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Reply #34303: Aug 31, 2015 07:13:38 pm
      isnt this essentially what was played on saturday?

minus henderson

From what I heard Firmino and Coutinho played a lot wider than I would play them in the set up.
      KeepTheFaith
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,436 posts | 208 
      Reply #34304: Aug 31, 2015 07:35:07 pm
      I don't think so because Suarez was banned for seven matches. If I remember correctly the diamond only came in once he was back available for selection and was implemented to accommodate both he and Sturridge. Nor am I entirely convinced the diamond will work with Benteke, at least not in the structure it was employed for those two. Benteke doesn't move around like Suarez or Sturridge, he occupies a different area of the pitch and whatever formation we employ would be best being a 1-1 in attack with him playing behind the main striker.

That's the thing with Benteke, you see, to my mind he doesn't suit a 4-3-3 or 4-4-2 diamond, more a traditional 4-4-1-1 formation with natural wide men putting crosses in, a formation we simply lack the players to employ. It's why I was so against his signing. Perhaps I'll be proven wrong as the season goes on, either way I doubt we'll see the best of him until Sturridge is back playing regularly.

Sure, because it's really that simple isn't it? Any managerial change has to be accompanied by a change in club structure and a change in direction by the club's owners. You can't just chop and change managers each time it doesn't work because it'll never work and we'll piss money down the drain in contractual pay offs, leading to a life time of failure and end us up in the same creak without a paddle H&G did. Is that what you want?

What else is there? continue in our current situation of failure? I posted earlier how rodgers second season was a total fluke because of suarez peaking, look in his other 2 years? struggled a lot and will do again this year, do we carry on with this then? or do we accept he is not good enough and move on?

rodgers has wasted money upon money on rubbish, he came in here with his ideas and had cavemen like skirtel and henderson, instead of doing what will great managers do in build a world class spine in players that suit his system, he thought he was good enough to change their styles and bring in joe F***ing allen because his style is what makes players great and not their ability

we struggled and finished 7th, 2nd year suarez came out and it forced him to change his system and build a team around him and let him do the rest

third year, he lost suarez and still instead of building our spine, he went and bought the edges in more freaking attacking mids or strikers that were average and still thought he did so well in the 2nd season because of his style rather than suarez

then boom it hit and now we are here, he has been defeated, he has bottled it because he has accepted the fact these cavemen who are suited to a disciplined system doing specific jobs cannot be tikka tikka and that system will not work at the top level unelss you have exceptional talent

so he has wasted 3 years, what I am wanting is not to go back to the old days but for us to know when we make a mistake and act on it and we know for certain rodgers is a mistake who has failed

as I said 300 million spent, what has HE bought? nothing, hell I am starting to think his second best buy is our 18 year old left back who is a centre back....christ

hell he sold tikka tikka players like agger and reina for worse players for big fees ffs, it just is so retarded in what he has done, he has fu**ed this club up so much, totally destroyed the club and now we just start again. get rafa or ancelotti in and let them fix this mess with a plan by a proper manager

i rather us piss down 5m in managers compensation for rodgers than 100m per season on the crap he is buying and wasting, all he has done now is build a poor mans chelsea as he has realised his style was wrong, he has given up

all top managers, first build their spine, look at rafa when he first came? alonso and masch

look at jose both times, look what he tries to fix first, thats the cb and cm, then we look at rodgers, paying 20m for the lallans and allens of this world, F**k me when are we doing to make a stand and decide will not sit by and float along being average

WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC, WE SHOULD BE HEADLINING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAMES LIKE THE GOOD OLD TIMESSSSS, not being known for the team hammers by the hammers at anfield (pardon the pun, I saw it coming, so I hit it out of the park and am proud of myself for it)

its time we sack rodgers and bring in a top manager with proven quality, unless you want to continue finishing 5th or 7th?

I want more, I demand more and I will be the voice who posts this when I see it
      tezmac
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,213 posts | 915 
      • F**k the Sun F**k Murdoch F**k the press
      Reply #34305: Aug 31, 2015 07:53:25 pm
      Time to go Rodgers, I for one have had enough
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34306: Aug 31, 2015 07:56:00 pm
      Personally, not like I have the choice ether way, I'm just going to see if things improve more gradually than we hoped this season, with the new coaches and players. Not ideal, but it's usually the way when so many new players become part of the first team 11.

Yes, he's spent a lot of money. Hasn't signed players fans may admire as the real deal, ready made mega stars. Wage restrictions probably stopped any deals in their tracks.

I'm not fooling myself with oh he can make things right and everything is peachy, it's just that I don't see why I should go on one about him going when we all knew there would be a bad game and that fans were waiting to have honesty lynch mob day at his expense.

I see and do agree with the people on here saying this has carried over from last season and I don't see a style of football or plan of how we set up just like the rest of you, in reality right now, we have plenty of points and for all we know players will start to click and understand how their teammates move when they play a real game, not a training match.

I can't join you in the ousting of the guy, character assassination, I'm gutted by how shitty we played V West Ham, but also they had their own plan and it worked for them on the day. Our two seagull CB's flapping like they've just spotted a greasy chip was their fault.

I, like youz want to see him put his foot down and drop players who need dropping.

I'm also afraid that everyone expects an Ancelotti or Klopp (how people can assume we can just beckon them here and it's a given I'll never understand that) and we end up with a Pardew or AVB, I also think that's acting like the Mancs with their self righteous we click our fingers and they come attitude.
      MarkMitt
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,800 posts | 337 
      • Give it your best every time!
      Reply #34307: Aug 31, 2015 08:06:21 pm
      It should have happened at the end of last season. It didn't.

Hell, I don't want the team to fail just so that there is a chance of getting rid of Brendan come Xmas. That would be just uber negative. We'll just have to see what happens. Another season of mediocrity, another season of failure, outside of CL places, with no silverware, he will be gone. We won't stand for it and neither will the owners. But like I said, don't want to see us lose games. That's cutting your nose off to spite your face...
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #34308: Aug 31, 2015 08:45:02 pm
      Lovren's error against WH was terrible, would've taken the wind out of the lads. The first goal was also poor, Gomez imo should've been stronger in the challenge and got that ball away. So it's really two individual mistakes, WH capitalise and we're 2 down.

Defenders will make mistakes - but imo what is more of a worry is inability to break them down at the other end. If we don't score a fair more goals than last season, we won't do any better. We had money to spend, BR appears to have got his men, remains to be seen whether they gel and start knocking them in.

We had how many new signings in the first XI on Sat - five? Almost half a side. They will need some time to find a rhythm, so to be calling for BRs head now is a bit early.

BR's also changed up the pattern of play. Personally I'm not a fan of pumping balls up to Benteke, but it's been relatively effective. As long as it doesn't become a planA. Thought Benteke would try to slot into our style of play, but looks like we've gone for a kinda hybrid game. But Hendo or Milner or someone is going to have to get further up and more quickly in support, cause up to know we've been more cautious, probably more solid, but less dangerous in the final 3rd as result - leaving it up to Cou or Benteke to do something special.

Also, no point in having signed Ings and kept Origi if not going to play them. Firmino hasn't shown it yet imo, so can only assume Ings and Origi are just not showing it in training or they should be starting ahead of him. They need to push hard.

Not a disaster of a start. But BR will be hoping the strikers click, and the style of play enables us score enough goals while being that bit more solid than last season. Last chance saloon though, and the poll at the top of the page is a constant reminder of what he's up against ...
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #34309: Aug 31, 2015 09:10:03 pm
      What else is there? continue in our current situation of failure? I posted earlier how rodgers second season was a total fluke because of suarez peaking, look in his other 2 years? struggled a lot and will do again this year, do we carry on with this then? or do we accept he is not good enough and move on?

rodgers has wasted money upon money on rubbish, he came in here with his ideas and had cavemen like skirtel and henderson, instead of doing what will great managers do in build a world class spine in players that suit his system, he thought he was good enough to change their styles and bring in joe f**king allen because his style is what makes players great and not their ability

we struggled and finished 7th, 2nd year suarez came out and it forced him to change his system and build a team around him and let him do the rest

third year, he lost suarez and still instead of building our spine, he went and bought the edges in more freaking attacking mids or strikers that were average and still thought he did so well in the 2nd season because of his style rather than suarez

then boom it hit and now we are here, he has been defeated, he has bottled it because he has accepted the fact these cavemen who are suited to a disciplined system doing specific jobs cannot be tikka tikka and that system will not work at the top level unelss you have exceptional talent

so he has wasted 3 years, what I am wanting is not to go back to the old days but for us to know when we make a mistake and act on it and we know for certain rodgers is a mistake who has failed

as I said 300 million spent, what has HE bought? nothing, hell I am starting to think his second best buy is our 18 year old left back who is a centre back....christ

hell he sold tikka tikka players like agger and reina for worse players for big fees ffs, it just is so retarded in what he has done, he has fu**ed this club up so much, totally destroyed the club and now we just start again. get rafa or ancelotti in and let them fix this mess with a plan by a proper manager

i rather us piss down 5m in managers compensation for rodgers than 100m per season on the crap he is buying and wasting, all he has done now is build a poor mans chelsea as he has realised his style was wrong, he has given up

all top managers, first build their spine, look at rafa when he first came? alonso and masch

look at jose both times, look what he tries to fix first, thats the cb and cm, then we look at rodgers, paying 20m for the lallans and allens of this world, f**k me when are we doing to make a stand and decide will not sit by and float along being average

WE ARE LIVERPOOL FC, WE SHOULD BE HEADLINING CHAMPIONS LEAGUE GAMES LIKE THE GOOD OLD TIMESSSSS, not being known for the team hammers by the hammers at anfield (pardon the pun, I saw it coming, so I hit it out of the park and am proud of myself for it)

its time we sack rodgers and bring in a top manager with proven quality, unless you want to continue finishing 5th or 7th?

I want more, I demand more and I will be the voice who posts this when I see it

No we wait and see how this season goes first of all because he's not going anywhere whether you like it or not. If he's a failure this season, and that is by no means guaranteed, the club changes it's approach. It employs an experienced manager, it scraps the idea of transfer-by-committee and it changes its stance on paying top wages to top professionals without the insistence they prove themselves at Liverpool first. I say again, four games in to the season with one defeat is not the time to sack the manager, you do that during the close season where the new manager then sits down with the owners and works out a clear, concise and unified structure and strategy over a period of time on how we're going to achieve success because the current approach is not working and you cannot solely blame Rodgers for that. You do that in the close season were the new manager can make his own new signings and a full pre-season with those players.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #34310: Aug 31, 2015 09:21:07 pm
      Again, need a goal so we put Moreno on until it's too late. Origi and Ings must be wondering why they even bothered signing.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #34311: Aug 31, 2015 09:42:07 pm
      Again, need a goal so we put Moreno on until it's too late. Origi and Ings must be wondering why they even bothered signing.

Agreed, the one up clearly isn't working. Obviously if Sturridge was fit we wouldn't be having this discussion, but surely Ings deserves the chance to play in the meantime.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #34312: Aug 31, 2015 10:06:15 pm
      Brendan is way over his head.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #34313: Aug 31, 2015 10:09:09 pm
      Agreed, the one up clearly isn't working. Obviously if Sturridge was fit we wouldn't be having this discussion, but surely Ings deserves the chance to play in the meantime.

Wasn't some of our best football played in a 442 diamond? I wonder why Rodgers hasn't revisited that formation in a while.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #34314: Aug 31, 2015 10:15:12 pm
      Pellegrini looked way in over his head with that assembled squad of a billion + last season so it goes to show- it takes time to coach some semblance of logic into these brain dead footballers, Brendan has been at Liverpool for longer that Pello but he never inherited a squad that was ready nor has the choice to buy whoever he wants.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #34315: Aug 31, 2015 10:35:38 pm
      Even those who are happy to stick by Brendan cannot believe we can do much this season. just on performance alone this season it is not looking too hopeful and if you take away hope whats left. We have slipped from  top 4 and feared CL team to Europa league qualifiers hoping to get into the knockout stages when did mediocrity creep into the very fabric of the club. If FSG are such astute Business men how have they spunked close to £300 million on very average players.

Quick Reply