Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3039687 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #38410: May 23, 2016 03:16:12 pm
      Nah, not for me. Scottish footballScotland should be independent :laugh:

Scottish football is already independent from Britain and Europe as shown as it's the only goddamn British nation that isn't going to the Euros. Embarrassed!
      Red John
      • Forum Ronnie Moran

• 390 posts | 127 
      Reply #38411: May 23, 2016 06:59:55 pm
      « Last Edit: May 23, 2016 07:10:21 pm by Red John »
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38412: May 23, 2016 08:38:07 pm
      'Celtic is not a step down.'

Not if you like Buckfast, battered Mars bars and manky teeth (sorry to our Jock members - joke)

Otherwise, the only way it's a step up is on the map.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,670 posts | 6685 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #38413: May 24, 2016 11:23:03 am
      Good Luck BR...hope we meet you in the Champions League in 2 years.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38414: May 24, 2016 10:41:53 pm
      it seems he didn't learn much from his time at Anfield his TV interview was pure bollox. Interesting job for him because anything less than a league title will be seen as a failure and will hurt him its kind of a no win job.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #38415: May 24, 2016 11:03:39 pm
      it seems he didn't learn much from his time at Anfield his TV interview was pure bollox. Interesting job for him because anything less than a league title will be seen as a failure and will hurt him its kind of a no win job.

He might try to sell them on the possibilities of magic nights at the Bernabeu....Oh wait...never mind.  ;)
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #38416: May 24, 2016 11:28:58 pm
      May the gods of fake tan, fitness regimes and teeth whitening look down on him fortuitously.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38417: May 25, 2016 09:36:43 am
      Good Luck BR...hope we meet you in the Champions League in 2 years.

I was hoping for just 15 months mate .I doubt he will be there in two years.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #38418: May 25, 2016 04:15:13 pm
      Scottish football is already independent from Britain and Europe as shown as it's the only goddamn British nation that isn't going to the Euros. Embarrassed!

I know it is mate. I just wanted to work in a reference to Scottish independence!
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #38419: May 25, 2016 04:58:48 pm
      Just popped my head in this topic to see if everyone talks about Jürgen Klopp in the Brendan Rodgers thread.

Imagine my surprise when the above posters actually ARE discussing Brendan Rodgers!
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,472 posts | 4821 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #38420: May 25, 2016 05:07:11 pm
      I see Benitez is staying at Newcastle. To be announced very soon.

:f_whistle:
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,420 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38421: May 25, 2016 05:09:43 pm
      I think Rodgers is in for a testing time with Celtic especially with the emergence of Rangers...failing to win the league could be costly to his reputation...
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #38422: May 25, 2016 05:18:50 pm
      I think Rodgers is in for a testing time with Celtic especially with the emergence of Rangers...failing to win the league could be costly to his reputation...

Rangers aren't going to win the league next season.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38423: May 25, 2016 05:50:41 pm
      Rangers aren't going to win the league next season.

just signed  Barton who will do well and I think they will make some good signings and the league will again be down to the matches between the "big" two from Glasgow.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #38424: May 25, 2016 07:09:11 pm

Yep.

It's actually a riskier job to take for Brendan than you would first think.

Nothing less than winning the league is good enough there.
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,573 posts | 6915 
      Reply #38425: May 25, 2016 07:24:28 pm
      Was reading the figures before for players salaries up in the Scottish Premier League.

Celtic players average £17k a week and then the next highest was either Aberdeen at £2.5k a week.  Celtic's wage bill is MORE than the other 11 clubs in the entire league put together!

And they say that Barcelona and Madrid have a massive advantage in La Liga?

What is the point in the Scottish league if it is so badly skewed in favour of one club.  I can't think of another league in the world were one club pays out more than the rest of the teams in the division combined?
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #38426: May 25, 2016 07:36:00 pm
      They absolutely love him - on a scale similar to when we announced Klopp and Rafa was confirmed for Newcastle. Must be something about Liverpool managers! There's a personal attachment to Celtic for Brendan with him and his family being massive supporters, plus his good friendship with the late Tommy Burns, so it's a big occasion for him. I don't think he would have taken the job without that connection.

They are undoubtedly a massive club - small league, but massive club. If he can rejuvenate the youth system and see inspiration in the Lisbon Lions (European Cup 67 first XI were all within a 15 mile radius of Glasgow) and the Quality Street Gang (which produced the man himself, King Kenny), then I look forward to seeing how this goes. There's a lot of potential for them to develop and for the club to get a Premier League quality manager into an admittedly sub standard squad at the minute is a massive coup.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #38427: May 27, 2016 07:50:02 pm
      http://www.joe.co.uk/sport/will-mourinho-get-the-pss-taken-out-of-him-for-doing-a-classic-rodgers/62980

For those who love(d) Brendan I wouldn't open the above, for those who didn't mind a bit of a laugh at the David Brent comparisons go right ahead. The last picture next to Ross from friends has to be enhanced for whiteness, surely to F**k he didn't think that was natural :lmao:
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #38428: May 27, 2016 08:16:02 pm
      He HAS to win the SPL.

His reputation if he doesn't will be .......
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #38429: May 27, 2016 09:18:30 pm
      Well I for one hope he does great there - it's about time us Scots had a manager in the league who emphasised the technical side of the game, as opposed to the neanderthal coaches that have previously maligned the Scottish game (of which Neil Lennon was one). For a country to have produced some of the games great technical wizards (all us Liverpool fans should know), the last 20 years has been an absolute car crash in creating the absolute worst footballers in the national game's history.

To be fair, Warburton is of similar mindset. Hopefully him and Brendan buck the trend and leave a positive legacy.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,168 posts | 6344 
      Reply #38430: May 28, 2016 01:29:55 am
      Saw a rumor today he was trying to bring Stevie G there.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #38431: May 28, 2016 01:40:04 am
      Was reading the figures before for players salaries up in the Scottish Premier League.

Celtic players average £17k a week and then the next highest was either Aberdeen at £2.5k a week.  Celtic's wage bill is MORE than the other 11 clubs in the entire league put together!

And they say that Barcelona and Madrid have a massive advantage in La Liga?

What is the point in the Scottish league if it is so badly skewed in favour of one club.  I can't think of another league in the world were one club pays out more than the rest of the teams in the division combined?

One of the most pointless leagues in the world IMO. Since Rangers got put into the lower divisions it's just stupid, may as well hand Celtic the title before the season even starts. It was boring with Rangers there too because it was always a two horse race but at least it was better than what it is now. They are so dominant in that league but yet they are complete push overs in Europe. IMO it's a lack of ambition and an easy choice for Rodgers to go there because it's virtually guaranteed they will win the league.
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,067 posts | 8514 
      Reply #38432: May 28, 2016 03:59:36 am
      Saw a rumor today he was trying to bring Stevie G there.

Seen that same rumour about Steven, sounds like bullshit though.

Quick Reply