Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

LFC Reds Poll

Q. END OF 2014/15 POLL: Brendan Rodgers - Stay or Go? (Voting was locked on 1st June 2015)

Stay
      (25.4%)
      Go
      (74.6%)

Brendan Rodgers (Liverpool -> Celtic -> Leicester)

Read 3042102 times
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Re: Brendan Rodgers Discussion Thread
      Reply #38571: Aug 25, 2016 03:55:14 pm
      Just reading this thread like...

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #38572: Aug 25, 2016 03:55:17 pm
      Oh the irony! Another shithouse who likes to jump in when the dust has settled.

Probably because I'm not an inbred wool like you!! So you can do one as well.

Lost your sense of F***ing humour ?
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,089 posts | 8521 
      Reply #38573: Aug 25, 2016 05:01:40 pm
      Lost your sense of F***ing humour ?

Feel like Victor F***ing Meldrew at the minute!!
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38574: Aug 25, 2016 06:09:10 pm
      Feel like Victor f**king Meldrew at the minute!!

thinks he is in a coma at the moment mate or not well antway. And what the F**k is wrong with Victor Meldrew
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #38575: Aug 25, 2016 06:31:34 pm
      His team have Barcelona and Man City in the CL group. Good luck...
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #38576: Aug 25, 2016 06:42:35 pm
      His team have Barcelona and Man City in the CL group. Good luck...

And Gladbach, who are no pushovers either.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #38577: Aug 25, 2016 06:46:54 pm
      Very tough draw for them, but that's what you're in the competition for. I hope they can get a few great nights out of it, but if they can get into the Europa League, with a few good performances, that will have to be seen as a success for them.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #38578: Aug 25, 2016 09:09:22 pm
      Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #38579: Aug 26, 2016 07:08:01 am
      How the f**k do you avoid getting f**king banned you foul mouthed f**ker?

;D

He's one of the pets on here.  ;)
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,183 posts | 1634 
      Reply #38580: Aug 26, 2016 07:48:38 am
      Wonder if he will put the reserves out when they head to Barca, he's got form for it!
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #38581: Aug 26, 2016 09:04:57 am
      Whatever you say about Rodgers (and some say way too much) he is a pretty decent manager. He nearly won the league with us, reached two semi finals the following season, took Swansea up and got them 11th etc before getting Celtic into the Champions League for the first time in a few years.

Yes he loves himself, yes his teeth are white, yes he's probably got a flash car, yes he goes to the gym/eats cornflakes for breakfast/likes Marmite/has a boxed set of Mrs Brown's boys/has a fit Mrs/likes mild curries etc (insert whatever else you consider to be important) but at his actual job, his living, he isn't too bad. Not world class or anything similar, but pretty good.

Also (which I reckon is quite nice) he seems to have a good idea of the proper way to behave. Rather than just talking about our "history" and our "DNA", about the way people really ought to behave both as current or former employees of the club, and indeed as fans, he actually acts it out. I cannot imagine him ever saying anything derogatory about LFC, even "in jest". He's conducted himself in an exemplary manner towards our club since he left, and while I'm not massively arsed about his future career he'll get the same respect from me.

He's a billion miles from Roy Hodgson,  and I wish the fella well.
      +10
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38582: Aug 26, 2016 09:25:30 am
      that's a CL draw full of character and integrity.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #38583: Aug 26, 2016 10:50:57 am
      Whatever you say about Rodgers (and some say way too much) he is a pretty decent manager. He nearly won the league with us, reached two semi finals the following season, took Swansea up and got them 11th etc before getting Celtic into the Champions League for the first time in a few years.

Yes he loves himself, yes his teeth are white, yes he's probably got a flash car, yes he goes to the gym/eats cornflakes for breakfast/likes Marmite/has a boxed set of Mrs Brown's boys/has a fit Mrs/likes mild curries etc (insert whatever else you consider to be important) but at his actual job, his living, he isn't too bad. Not world class or anything similar, but pretty good.

Also (which I reckon is quite nice) he seems to have a good idea of the proper way to behave. Rather than just talking about our "history" and our "DNA", about the way people really ought to behave both as current or former employees of the club, and indeed as fans, he actually acts it out. I cannot imagine him ever saying anything derogatory about LFC, even "in jest". He's conducted himself in an exemplary manner towards our club since he left, and while I'm not massively arsed about his future career he'll get the same respect from me.

Great post Mick.
      brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,503 posts | 1760 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #38584: Aug 31, 2016 01:20:22 pm

Spot on mate.

The Sellick fans are loving him as well.

My pals have now picked up the technician and character patter. ;D.

But most of all they appreciate he knows his stuff tactically.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38585: Sep 05, 2016 01:39:44 pm
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,421 posts | 4581 
      Reply #38586: Sep 10, 2016 01:45:39 pm
      Giving Rangers a good old hammering...

4-1 up...
      ORCHARD RED

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #38587: Sep 10, 2016 02:42:31 pm
      He's getting it right at Celtic for sure, making the right Subs at the right time, tactics and formations spot on. So my brother tells me anyway.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #38588: Sep 10, 2016 08:08:11 pm
      The Celtic fans absolutely love him - and rightly so. A world away from the turgidness of the last four years at Celtic, and not that long since Rangers beat them in the Scottish Cup semi-final lets remember.

Amazing transformation.

Great to see Brendan and Rafa at clubs where they are absolutely doted upon.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38589: Sep 10, 2016 08:20:00 pm
      The Celtic fans absolutely love him - and rightly so. A world away from the turgidness of the last four years at Celtic, and not that long since Rangers beat them in the Scottish Cup semi-final lets remember.

Amazing transformation.

Great to see Brendan and Rafa at clubs where they are absolutely doted upon.

Yeah mate he's bought well for that level. In Scott Sinclair and the very talented Mousa Dembele they have two really good flat track bullies. With the experience of Kolo they have a more than capable team to piss the league again this season and probably go on a long unbeaten run.

Don't think they'll do much in Europe but maybe a Europa run could be on the cards of they finish 3rd in their group.
      siavashiva
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 811 posts | 113 
      Reply #38590: Sep 10, 2016 09:48:14 pm
      Winning things would do Brendan all sorts of good even the Scottish League. Winning is what's missing in his résumé, other than that he is a good manager.
      Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #38591: Sep 11, 2016 12:12:02 am
      Yeah mate he's bought well for that level. In Scott Sinclair and the very talented Mousa Dembele they have two really good flat track bullies. With the experience of Kolo they have a more than capable team to piss the league again this season and probably go on a long unbeaten run.

Don't think they'll do much in Europe but maybe a Europa run could be on the cards of they finish 3rd in their group.

If you'd seen some of the forwards at Celtic in the last few years - a right bunch of fat bas**rds. Brendan has simply injected pace to them - actual top Championship/lower Premier League standard players have been brought in.

Much needed. They'll get nothing from that tough group but just to have got to the Champions League after seeing the way they were the last two years is a big achievement.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #38592: Sep 11, 2016 12:29:37 pm
      If you'd seen some of the forwards at Celtic in the last few years - a right bunch of fat bas**rds. Brendan has simply injected pace to them - actual top Championship/lower Premier League standard players have been brought in.

Much needed. They'll get nothing from that tough group but just to have got to the Champions League after seeing the way they were the last two years is a big achievement.

Yep but if he does anything like he did with us at Liverpool, he'll lose his pacey forwards in the transfer market, and bring in over weight, immobile target men to replace them and completely lose his style of play.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #38593: Sep 11, 2016 12:32:12 pm
      Barcelona got beat yesterday by newly promoted team so maybe Celtic will not be such a pushover.

Quick Reply