Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

LOST

Read 23521 times
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Re: LOST
      Reply #184: May 25, 2010 11:11:18 pm

Lovely stuff!

I honestly can't say what my favorite part was.. seeing as i literally have not even seen a couple seasons in between as i was too busy to keep up. Just started watching again at the end of the last season as Laura was, and i fully got into it again.

So any of my most vivid memories are from the first season, and i must say i loved Charlie and Claire getting together, and Shannon and Sayid. Those little love stories were great, i thought. Charlie dying was one of the most sad but all the same brilliant moments ive seen on television. Powerful.

Same with Jack, as well. That end scene was so poetic. Just loved it. Really wanna get hold of the DVD's and watch them all.
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #185: May 25, 2010 11:50:24 pm
      Charlie dying was one of the most sad but all the same brilliant moments ive seen on television. Powerful.

Yeah, i loved that scene too. Hated seeing Charlie die but it was really powerful and sad :(
      Bpatel
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #186: May 26, 2010 11:06:40 am
      The scene with Charlie dying was just heart-breaking. Beautifully shot as well.

I also liked the scene with Mr Eko and the black smoke, when Eko was just staring at it. That was some scary sh*t.

But my favourite scene was the one with Locke hitting the hatch with a stone and then a light turns on and Locke's looking into it. That's when you realised there's something down there. Just loved it!
      mattmcg
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,410 posts | 103 
      Reply #187: May 26, 2010 08:24:52 pm
      The first 40 seconds of this clip are the most amazingly epic I have ever seen!

Lost Finale - The End - Jack vs. Locke

As for my favourite moments in Lost, I'd have to say all those scenes with the hatch in season one.  I remember watching on Channel 4 when the light came on in the hatch and when the numbers were on the side of it.  Then Jack and Locke peering down it after blowing it up.  Waiting to find out what was in the hatch was torture. 

I must say though, I think the finale is the best episode of Lost ever, and the saddest.
      RedWilly

• 9,197 posts | 1641 
      Reply #188: May 26, 2010 10:26:57 pm
      That scene is so epic! ^^

Thought that they were both going to fall and die, and Hurley would be left to sort it all out, but it turned out much better than that!! Another thing that I think makes the finale so good, was that the ending is open to the viewers interpretation of it, e.g. was thta just Jacks vision? Or was it something that they would all see when they eventually died. Really cleverly done.

Think I'm going to watch it all again though!!
      « Last Edit: Jun 13, 2010 04:54:43 pm by RedWilly »
      Bpatel

• 9,902 posts | 158 
      Reply #189: May 26, 2010 10:36:07 pm
      My mum and I watched it again and we're both blubbering like babies. :D

I can't believe some people didn't like it. It kept up its mysterious ways and stayed true its roots. I don't believe it could have ended any better.  
      SM
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,583 posts | 400 
      Reply #190: Jun 09, 2010 09:39:28 am
      The final series was excellent however I was not impressed by the ending 2 episodes.

Sure they kept me on edge but I was reallt disappointed that despite the writers saying all questions would be answered I felt they were not.

I wanted to know what the island really was, why were certain characters immortal, were they dead all the time or not - lots of sh*t like that really - was it a dual existence where eventually both worlds came together...??

If anyone has any ideas let me know but for me it could have been better.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #191: Jun 09, 2010 12:21:54 pm
      Nice bump.

Forgot to come on here after the final episode.

Loved the ending, thought that might have been the case but never expected them to finish it off the way they did.

Gonna really miss Losts excitement during every action packed episode. For me it was just like Prison Break. From go to wo there was never a dull moment and I was always on the edge of my seat.

My favourite moment was any time Kate looked sweaty or took some of her clothes off.  >:D
      Georgelfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #192: Aug 02, 2010 03:59:22 pm
      Does anyone know the title of the song thats playing in episode 3 of season 6 when Locke walks into Sawyer's house?
      Brooklyn Red
      • Started Topic

• 6,539 posts | 223 
      Reply #193: Aug 02, 2010 07:38:13 pm
      Does anyone know the title of the song thats playing in episode 3 of season 6 when Locke walks into Sawyer's house?

I don't remember which song, but it was definitely Iggy and The Stooges and it was definitely off of "Raw Power".
      Georgelfc
      • Forum Titi Camara

• 41 posts |
      Reply #194: Aug 04, 2010 05:23:13 pm
      thnaks!
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #195: Jul 14, 2012 06:19:59 pm
      Just finished watching the whole series

One word...WOW!

Gotta be the best series of all time but need something else similiar to this and prison break, any suggestions?

P.S ALL HAIL JOHN LOCKE
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #196: Jul 15, 2012 07:44:02 am
      Just finished watching the whole series

One word...WOW!

Gotta be the best series of all time but need something else similiar to this and prison break, any suggestions?

P.S ALL HAIL JOHN LOCKE

Revenge mate. Fantastic series that I can't get enough off.
      LFCBAFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,539 posts | 30 
      • Scousers rule the country!
      Reply #197: Jul 15, 2012 01:39:29 pm
      Will give it a watch mate, cheers!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #198: Jul 15, 2012 02:23:17 pm
      Will start season 3 soon, just hope that Jack & Kate get less irritating. 
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      Reply #199: Jul 16, 2012 06:15:07 am
      They don't mate but at least Kate's fkn hot!
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #200: Aug 05, 2012 03:02:28 am
      They don't mate but at least Kate's fkn hot!

Jack wasn't as irritating in season 3, Kate, apart from her flashback episode, was annoying.  Didn't enjoy Locke as much either, but did enjoy a fair few of the others performances.

Maybe it was just me, but I liked the way Charlie seemed to resign himself to dying, made peace with himself, but really thought he'd have been more explicit with Clare.

Sawyer was superb all season, not sure if it's the road they're taking,  but people who start killing as much as he has and with little remorse don't usually end up in a good place on network tv.

Next up for me is season 4 of The Shield, after the mysteriousness and nuances of Lost, The Shield is as subtle as a sledgehammer in the face.

Quick Reply