Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Mighty Red the new Liverpool mascot

Read 20347 times
      HUYTON RED
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 40,164 posts | 8548 
      Re: Mighty Red the new Liverpool mascot
      Reply #69: Dec 12, 2012 06:14:33 pm

Ha ha George Sephton's replacement.

I kinda want one of them suits.... 

If it meant getting away with quick gropes like this then I'm all in!!

JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #70: Sep 12, 2014 03:30:24 pm
      That's sh*te and I can definitely see it running around the pitch on match days, unfortunately.

Paul Rogers ā€@PaulRogersLFC
      For those asking, Mighty Red won't be going anywhere near the pitch next season - he's here to help engage with kids at community events

Bumpity bump.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #71: Sep 12, 2014 03:34:09 pm
      Extra confirmation:

Jen Changā€@JenChang88

Mighty Red won't be going on the pitch at Anfield this season - he's here to help interact/engage young kids at various community events

I knew I'd seen mention of "this season" specifically mentioned somewhere.
      This was always going to happen eventually.
      nnilswerdna
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,879 posts | 104 
      Reply #72: Sep 12, 2014 03:48:40 pm
      Makes us a laughing stock.

BUT

I'm taking my 7 year old to the Middlesbrough match on the 23rd, and he'll be buzzing his little tits off.

So what can you do
      Monobrow
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,425 posts | 27 
      Reply #73: Sep 12, 2014 04:13:13 pm
      Unfortunately in order to have a bigger impact with the kids off the pitch he's going to need to be seen on it on match days.

Oh well, I can deal with this, but where does it end?!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #74: Sep 12, 2014 04:18:23 pm
      ...who gives a toss? this is one thing where the club is "getting with the times" but it's actually OK. it doesn't make us a "soulless franchise" now - it doesn't harm us at all. it's a bloody guy in a suit so the kids who are mascots on match day have a hand to hold walking to and from the ground... most footy fans wont even know the mighty red exists, unless they're purposefully looking around for it, at Anfield, on match day.

i think it's far more embarassing having "dunkin' donuts" a major partner of LFC and having our logo up there next to "dunkin' donuts" logos. a liverbird mascot for the kids? that seems almost logical. some people gotta get out of the 70s!
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #75: Sep 12, 2014 04:35:54 pm
      Unfortunately in order to have a bigger impact with the kids off the pitch he's going to need to be seen on it on match days.

Oh well, I can deal with this, but where does it end?!

Well...

That, and music after goals.
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,406 posts | 3404 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #76: Sep 12, 2014 04:54:14 pm
      Ya miserable bunch of bas**rds....
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #77: Sep 12, 2014 10:16:38 pm
      Would like to see Mighty Red on a diet though.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,223 posts | 4919 
      Reply #78: Sep 12, 2014 11:12:51 pm
      I knew I'd seen mention of "this season" specifically mentioned somewhere.
      This was always going to happen eventually.

Inevitable as you say mate.

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,605 posts | 3843 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #79: Sep 13, 2014 12:33:59 am
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,210 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #80: Sep 13, 2014 12:58:17 am
      Ah I wondered why I seen this thread reappear....for fook sake. Look don't want to be a grumpy oul fooker at 36 but this thing is for kids. Great idea for hospital visits or pre match in a specified area in the stadium for kids to get pics etc but this should not be seen anywhere near the pitch.

Wont make us a laughing stock as its so common now but its just not right to me. Its cunty, I think Wolves, I think Arsenal I think Stoke, I think fook sake!!
      IrishRed_IO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 5,483 posts | 343 
      • Formerly InertObject
      Reply #81: Sep 13, 2014 05:33:29 am
      Something like this will happen next...

http://youtu.be/4EN7nQCZlR4

P.S. I don't see it being a major issue. It gets the kids engaged and excited. (The ones who's parents can afford the current pricing obviously)

billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #82: Sep 13, 2014 08:07:55 am
      It's a bit silly for me but who really cares, it's for kids ffs, the club are sort of keeping up with the jones's, and if Mighty Red puts smiles on kids faces who are we to argue,

Just wondering if this is Fabio's idea, might be the only time he gets on the pitch   ;D

YNWA
      Jim B
      • Banned

• 60 posts |
      Reply #83: Sep 13, 2014 09:09:32 am
      A clown and a bouncy castle by the corner flag might be an idea to get down with the kids.
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #84: Sep 13, 2014 12:45:15 pm
      It's a bit silly for me but who really cares, it's for kids ffs, the club are sort of keeping up with the jones's

To be honest Bill they want to keeping up with what the majority of people who have paid good money to go the ground and watch the games want.

I'd bet good money that a huge majority of supporters at a game will be grimacing at it so whether anybody thinks that is being a miserable f**ker or not, it is what it is.

Me personally? If it is for just 45 seconds for a photograph with a child mascot then okay (just) but I'm glad that people are kicking up a fuss because if they didn't we would have a bird that couldn't fly flapping and clapping behind the goals in the most cringeworthy of fashions before we knew it.

Just don't want to be hearing any of this talk of it being "good for the kids who are at the game" malarkey because as far as I know, according to the TAW lads, the kids are shoved up in a corner of the upper Anfield Road and for every child ticket bought two adult tickets must be bought with it. Not sure if anybody can clarify that as true for me?

Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,971 posts | 3057 
      Reply #85: Sep 13, 2014 12:54:04 pm
      Makes us a laughing stock.

BUT

I'm taking my 7 year old to the Middlesbrough match on the 23rd, and he'll be buzzing his little tits off.

So what can you do

Well you could start by taking the can of solvent off him mate - that's just bloody dangerous! Sight off a big rubber gimp could have him tripping for days and flashbacks!

As for this fat burd generally - all I can say is Why? If kids aren't ready to commit to the football then don't take them - it is a football match not a creche.

Misanthropic, Moi?
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #86: Sep 13, 2014 01:53:36 pm
      Well you could start by taking the can of solvent off him mate - that's just bloody dangerous! Sight off a big rubber gimp could have him tripping for days and flashbacks!

As for this fat burd generally - all I can say is Why? If kids aren't ready to commit to the football then don't take them - it is a football match not a creche.

Misanthropic, Moi?

Think it's more for the mascot to be honest. Only 2% of the match day demographic is aged under 16 years according to Tony Barrett.

That's more of an issue than a mascot running onto a pitch, having one picture taken with a mascot and then running straight back down the tunnel.

Again though, no matter what we think of it, the majority of the crowd will be against it. As Neil Atkinson pointed out, if the club know that the majority of the support - who have paid Ā£50 odd to go the game - are not happy about it then why piss them before a ball has been kicked?

If he'd hung around on the pitch for 45 seconds per game last season he'd probably have ended up getting a game at right back.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,223 posts | 4919 
      Reply #87: Sep 13, 2014 02:13:34 pm
      Only 2% of the match day demographic is aged under 16 years according to Tony Barrett.

That's more of an issue than a mascot running onto a pitch, having one picture taken with a mascot and then running straight back down the tunnel.

Agree mate.

As I was discussing on Twitter yesterday with Ross it maybe won't be long until the prices are that high there will be no kids at the game to see Mighty Red.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,971 posts | 3057 
      Reply #88: Sep 13, 2014 03:42:17 pm
      Think it's more for the mascot to be honest. Only 2% of the match day demographic is aged under 16 years according to Tony Barrett.

Again though, no matter what we think of it, the majority of the crowd will be against it. As Neil Atkinson pointed out, if the club know that the majority of the support - who have paid Ā£50 odd to go the game - are not happy about it then why piss them before a ball has been kicked?

If he'd hung around on the pitch for 45 seconds per game last season he'd probably have ended up getting a game at right back.

Must admit I had confused mascot with mascot......if you know what I mean. Still think the pictures with the players would mean more but I am getting on a bit!

Sad indictment of modern football that the proportion of under 16s is so low. That said, my wife has a couple season tickets at Parkhead (family thing) but only goes once a month at most. I offered them to a colleague for any game she doesn't go to (his 2 boys are both Celtic fans) and he said thanks but no thanks it's too far to travel.....only stays 25 miles away. I think some kids only see the beautiful game now as a tv sport.

Tragic
      JD
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 39,630 posts | 6940 
      Reply #89: Sep 13, 2014 04:21:28 pm
      if the club know that the majority of the support - who have paid Ā£50 odd to go the game - are not happy about it then why piss them before a ball has been kicked?

I think you've fell into the trap of believing the club give a sh*t about the match-going fans.

This is all about TV, all about branding and all about marketing - and probably more likely aimed at the US.

what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,495 posts | 4839 
      Reply #90: Sep 13, 2014 04:37:54 pm
      I think you've fell into the trap of believing the club give a sh*t about the match-going fans.

Oh na mate, looking at the cost of tickets and season tickets and the way in which they are distributed tells anybody anything they need to know about that.

Just a bit mad the way I've heard more moaning about a 45 second cameo by a bird than I have about these hiked up prices etc.

Must admit I had confused mascot with mascot......if you know what I mean. Still think the pictures with the players would mean more

Of course it would mate but the more iconic the face of some bird becomes the better it is globally for all sorts of things. A number of bird costumes can be in a lot more places in the world at any given time than any one Liverpool player can be if you know what I mean.

LFCexiled
      Reply #91: Sep 13, 2014 04:49:31 pm
      Good point about this on the Citytalks Liverpool show yesterday, if this pterodactyl lookin Liver bird is aimed at kids then why has the club got a policy of two adults per kid? The fella on the radio said that if he wants to take his lad to the match and there's no other adult going he'd have to pay for his lad and another adult and that would cost the same as a kids SEASON TICKET at Goodison.

Now, barring any Everton based jokes, that's some perspective that, ONE match at Anfield vs one SEASON at Goodison.

Quick Reply