Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 192671 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #115: Jul 16, 2012 04:45:55 pm
      He even looks determined there, he's like some kind of cyborg!
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #116: Jul 17, 2012 12:38:08 am
      Welcome to the club Fabio.

25 goals next season please and thank you :)
      Bleed-LFC
      • Forum Patrik Berger

• 200 posts |
      Reply #117: Jul 17, 2012 08:18:02 am
      That's dedication for ya YNWA IBRWT JFT96

Borini gives up holiday for LFC

17th Jul 2012
      Brendan Rodgers today revealed how Fabio Borini insisted on returning early from his summer break to join his new Liverpool teammates on their tour of North America.

The 21-year-old striker became a Liverpool player on Friday but was not scheduled to join up with the Reds until August 1 as he was part of the Italy squad that reached the final of Euro 2012.

However, after requesting an early return, he will now fly to the United States early next week alongside our six England stars.

Borini is one of 34 players who will feature on the tour, with games planned against Toronto FC, Roma and Tottenham.

Most of the party arrived in Boston on Monday, where Rodgers addressed the US media at the team hotel.

He told them: "Fabio will come out next week with the England players, and that's a great demonstration of his commitment to Liverpool.

"He was involved with Italy right the way through to the (Euro 2012) final and I'd given him the time off, like the others - four weeks.

"He was due to come back on August 1 but he made it very clear when he came that he wanted to get back and train with the group.

"We've agreed that he'll come out next week and we're looking forward to seeing him.

"He is very determined and committed to doing well and I'm sure he'll play some part in some of the games once he's over here."

The squad includes youngsters like Raheem Sterling, Jack Robinson and Jon Flanagan, as well as a host of Academy hopefuls such as Danny Ward, Nathan Eccleston, Stephen Sama, Brad Smith, Ryan McLaughlin, Andre Wisdom, Jordan Ibe, Adam Morgan, Krisztian Adorjan and Suso (who will join the team on Wednesday after he helped Spain win the Euro U19 Championships).

Rodgers is keen to stress that impressive performances over here could lead to first-team chances next season.

"They are getting an opportunity," he said. "It's important for a young player, all you ask for is an opportunity. Even in pre-season games, they can plant a seed in the manager's mind and in supporters' minds of their qualities.

"It's a great opportunity for me to look at them close hand, and so far they've done very well and adapted very well to the training and the work.

"Alongside talent, the biggest thing for me in young players is personality. It's having the personality to play, and having that courage. Not all young players are ready to play for such a prestigious club as Liverpool. It takes time.

"For me, the age isn't a barrier. If they're good enough, if they have the personality and the talent, then I'm always willing to put them in."

Meanwhile, Rodgers explained his and the club's objectives during their two weeks stateside.

"It's fantastic to be here on a personal note and as a football club - America is a wonderful country with wonderful people," he said.

"Our objectives cover two things. First and foremost, this is part of our preparation for the team for the new season, and we've come to some incredible facilities and we'll be playing in some fantastic grounds, so I believe for our football preparations it will be very worthwhile.

"Secondly, Liverpool is a football institution worldwide, and the story continues for Liverpool. I hope that when we return back we've picked up some more supporters along the way to add to the millions we have worldwide."

The Liverpool squad play their last game of the tour against Spurs in Baltimore on July 28 before flying back to the UK.

But with a Europa League qualifier scheduled for August 2, they may find themselves jetting across Europe almost as soon as they are home.

Rodgers said: "It's not ideal in relation to the preparation for that competition but by the time we arrive for our first game on August 2 we'll be up to speed. It'll be part of our preparations (for the league season) as well but it's a competition we want to do well in.

"I always think that if you're in a competition, you're better being in it to win it."

http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.lfctour.com%2Fnews%2Fborini-gives-up-holiday-for-lfc&h=pAQHqOTBa
      dunlop liddell shankly
      • 2009 LFC quiz champion (now to be known as "Kate")
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,954 posts | 3334 
      Reply #118: Jul 18, 2012 01:46:56 am
      Haven't heard of him bar the odd mention on highlight shows when he had a few games for Swansea in the Championship but that doesn't count for anything. Who'd heard of Sami Hyypia before we bought him?

Hopefully he'll find his feet early and start knocking in some of the chances we failed to convert last season.
      ayrton77
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,775 posts | 627 
      • © Established Quality Since 1977
      Reply #119: Jul 18, 2012 05:27:14 am
      He even looks determined there, he's like some kind of cyborg!

Ro-Borini?

Prime directives:

1. Serve the public trust Anfield faithful
      2. Protect the innocent Liverpool Way
      3. Uphold the law trophies
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #120: Jul 24, 2012 09:32:39 pm
      Borini: Why I cut my holiday

24th Jul 2012

Fabio Borini cut short his holiday to join the Liverpool squad on Tuesday and straight away declared – I love to play for Brendan Rodgers and my new teammates will too.

The 21-year-old became Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager earlier this week after previously working with the Northern Irishman at Chelsea and Swansea.

Having been a part of the Italy squad that reached the final of Euro 2012, Borini was told to report for duty at the start of August - but he was having none of that.

Instead he boarded a flight to Boston with our six England players and trained for the first time on Tuesday morning.

"I chose to come early because I think it's important to be with the team, especially because I'm a new player," Borini told lfctour.com. "I could have had a month but I didn't play at the Euros.

"I chose to come early to get used to the team and adapt more quickly. I am desperate to get started."

Borini has made no secret of the fact that Rodgers was a big factor in his decision to join Liverpool from Roma, and he spoke glowingly of the boss's management style.

"First of all he is a good person outside of football, and it's important to work with good people," he said.

"As a manager he is great. He knows what he is going to do every single day, he is very organised.

"You can see at the training ground, he gets there early and he really wants to work and improve every day.

"I think he is the kind of manager players love to play for. I love to play for him.

"We are very close. When he was working at Swansea, he'd text after I scored twice, and I'd text when he achieved good results with Swansea, when he beat the big teams.

"It's a good relationship as a friend, as human beings, and then as a working relationship."

Though arriving from Italy, Borini is not a stranger to English football having left his family aged 16 to join Chelsea from Bologna.

He grew to love the English attitude to football after a difficult initiation into life in London.

"I like the way the English people see football as a game and not as a job," the Italy international said. "I always wanted to play football because it was fun. It's not my job, properly. It's my fun.

"Football is my life. I chose to leave my family when I was 16 - that's the biggest choice I've made and it was the right choice because of the place I'm at now.

"It was very difficult at first. After three months I wanted to leave because I was really afraid, I was missing everything - my friends and family.

"I rang my family and they told me that it was what I had to do, that I had to go on and be stronger and stronger. After six months when I learned English it went from there.

"I am not bringing anyone this time. I'm alone. Always alone. I have always done it on my own so it won't be a problem."

After securing his first signing, Rodgers explained how Borini could operate in several different positions along the front line.

"That's true," said the man himself. "I can play anywhere up front. I prefer central because I have more space and can make more movements, but I can play for any occasion, on the right or left.

"That's good for me because I am not restricted. When I was at Swansea I played on the left wing as well."

Borini's first training session was with the England contingent on a separate pitch from the rest of the squad, completing a series of runs and passing sequences under the guidance of fitness coach Darren Burgess.

Our new No.29 got to spend time with Gerrard and co on the plane over - and he already knows Joe Cole from his time at Chelsea and Daniel Pacheco from playing against him while with Swansea.

"It was good, nice to be back and playing some football with the boys, with the English boys who were at the Euros," he said. "To play as a Liverpool player and see the fans outside was very nice.

"The England boys were really nice with me. The first person I saw was Glen Johnson. I spoke with him a little bit, and with Steven Gerrard as well. They were really friendly with me."

Borini will get a chance to say both hello and goodbye to his former Roma teammates on Wednesday night when Liverpool face the Italian side in the first football match to be played at Fenway Park.

"It will be nice but also strange because I'm on the opposite side," he said. "I can say hello to everyone, and goodbye, which I haven't been able to do."

Borini will have had just two days' training ahead of the game and may not be risked by Rodgers.

When he does make his Liverpool debut, he predicts it will be an emotional moment.

"I will feel a little bit heavy inside because of the trophies and the past here, and because it's important," he said.

"I didn't know as much about the history as I do now because I am young, but as soon as I saw the Champions League trophy at the training ground, that makes a big impression."

http://www.lfctour.com/news/borini-why-i-cut-my-holiday
      what-a-hit-son
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,466 posts | 4816 
      • t: @MrPrice1979 i: @klmprice101518
      Reply #121: Jul 24, 2012 10:01:33 pm
      Borini: Why I cut my holiday

24th Jul 2012

Fabio Borini cut short his holiday to join the Liverpool squad on Tuesday and straight away declared – I love to play for Brendan Rodgers and my new teammates will too.

The 21-year-old became Rodgers' first signing as Liverpool manager earlier this week after previously working with the Northern Irishman at Chelsea and Swansea.

Having been a part of the Italy squad that reached the final of Euro 2012, Borini was told to report for duty at the start of August - but he was having none of that.

Instead he boarded a flight to Boston with our six England players and trained for the first time on Tuesday morning.

"I chose to come early because I think it's important to be with the team, especially because I'm a new player," Borini told lfctour.com. "I could have had a month but I didn't play at the Euros.

"I chose to come early to get used to the team and adapt more quickly. I am desperate to get started."

Borini has made no secret of the fact that Rodgers was a big factor in his decision to join Liverpool from Roma, and he spoke glowingly of the boss's management style.

"First of all he is a good person outside of football, and it's important to work with good people," he said.

"As a manager he is great. He knows what he is going to do every single day, he is very organised.

"You can see at the training ground, he gets there early and he really wants to work and improve every day.

"I think he is the kind of manager players love to play for. I love to play for him.

"We are very close. When he was working at Swansea, he'd text after I scored twice, and I'd text when he achieved good results with Swansea, when he beat the big teams.

"It's a good relationship as a friend, as human beings, and then as a working relationship."

Though arriving from Italy, Borini is not a stranger to English football having left his family aged 16 to join Chelsea from Bologna.

He grew to love the English attitude to football after a difficult initiation into life in London.

"I like the way the English people see football as a game and not as a job," the Italy international said. "I always wanted to play football because it was fun. It's not my job, properly. It's my fun.

"Football is my life. I chose to leave my family when I was 16 - that's the biggest choice I've made and it was the right choice because of the place I'm at now.

"It was very difficult at first. After three months I wanted to leave because I was really afraid, I was missing everything - my friends and family.

"I rang my family and they told me that it was what I had to do, that I had to go on and be stronger and stronger. After six months when I learned English it went from there.

"I am not bringing anyone this time. I'm alone. Always alone. I have always done it on my own so it won't be a problem."

After securing his first signing, Rodgers explained how Borini could operate in several different positions along the front line.

"That's true," said the man himself. "I can play anywhere up front. I prefer central because I have more space and can make more movements, but I can play for any occasion, on the right or left.

"That's good for me because I am not restricted. When I was at Swansea I played on the left wing as well."

Borini's first training session was with the England contingent on a separate pitch from the rest of the squad, completing a series of runs and passing sequences under the guidance of fitness coach Darren Burgess.

Our new No.29 got to spend time with Gerrard and co on the plane over - and he already knows Joe Cole from his time at Chelsea and Daniel Pacheco from playing against him while with Swansea.

"It was good, nice to be back and playing some football with the boys, with the English boys who were at the Euros," he said. "To play as a Liverpool player and see the fans outside was very nice.

"The England boys were really nice with me. The first person I saw was Glen Johnson. I spoke with him a little bit, and with Steven Gerrard as well. They were really friendly with me."

Borini will get a chance to say both hello and goodbye to his former Roma teammates on Wednesday night when Liverpool face the Italian side in the first football match to be played at Fenway Park.

"It will be nice but also strange because I'm on the opposite side," he said. "I can say hello to everyone, and goodbye, which I haven't been able to do."

Borini will have had just two days' training ahead of the game and may not be risked by Rodgers.

When he does make his Liverpool debut, he predicts it will be an emotional moment.

"I will feel a little bit heavy inside because of the trophies and the past here, and because it's important," he said.

"I didn't know as much about the history as I do now because I am young, but as soon as I saw the Champions League trophy at the training ground, that makes a big impression."

http://www.lfctour.com/news/borini-why-i-cut-my-holiday

That'll do for me, fantastic attitude shown from the lad there.

A few more 'known' or 'experienced' players in the English game should take note.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #122: Jul 24, 2012 10:17:32 pm
      I like the early bird attitude , now if he can get some early goals ,he"ll do quiet nicely.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #123: Jul 25, 2012 12:24:11 am
      Cracking attitude, hope it stays that way and that he can be a massive player for us.
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #124: Jul 25, 2012 12:30:50 am
      Agree with the comments made regarding that interview. Very impressed with his attitude and there is clearly a bond there between him and the manager.
      soxfan
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,478 posts | 59 
      Reply #125: Jul 25, 2012 01:22:02 am
      They took one to Harvard? Very interesting psychological play. I like it.   :champ:
      HeighwayToHeaven

• 8,468 posts | 242 
      • Don't buy The Sun
      Reply #126: Jul 25, 2012 01:26:37 am
      They took one to Harvard? Very interesting psychological play. I like it.   :champ:

Although that is possible, I think he is referring to seeing it at Melwood in Liverpool. That's where he had his medical and probably where he signed his contract.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #127: Jul 25, 2012 01:35:06 am

Pretty sure he means Melwood.

Where he probably did a tour on the day he signed.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #128: Jul 25, 2012 09:45:12 am
      What...he wasn't a boyhood fan? His first shirt he bought wasn't a Liverpool kit?

The F**k, Fabio?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #129: Jul 25, 2012 02:01:52 pm
      What...he wasn't a boyhood fan? His first shirt he bought wasn't a Liverpool kit?

The f**k, Fabio?

Gives me an excuse to post this:

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #130: Jul 25, 2012 02:03:28 pm
      Borini seems like he's got a really great attitude about himself. I like that.
      Semple

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #131: Jul 29, 2012 10:44:42 am
      Found it difficult to get in to the game yesterday, what with it beig his first back from his holiday. E is obviously building an understanding with the lads. Take, for example, a cross from Sterling and Andy cut in front of him. He seemed surprised that that had happened.

However, what I loved was when at one point he gave away the ball and ran a good 20-30 yards to close the ball down and re win it for the team.

Early days, hard to make any sort of concrete impression of him.
      redcod81
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 32 posts |
      Reply #132: Jul 30, 2012 07:38:44 pm
      After trawling through video's of him and the glimpse we saw against Spurs he looks like a player very much in the mould of Kuyt which is'nt a bad thing at all. I can see him chipping in with a good few goals arriving at the back post if he plays in one of the  wide positions of the front 3  8)
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #133: Jul 31, 2012 12:40:10 am
      ...he looks like a player very much in the mould of Kuyt...

Quote from redcod81
      I can see him chipping in with a good few goals...

:laugh:
      KateMKD_Red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,183 posts | 526 
      • At the end of the storm, there’s a golden sky.
      Reply #134: Aug 01, 2012 10:42:51 am
      Borini: I feel settled already
      1st Aug 2012

Fabio Borini may have only been a Liverpool player for a matter of weeks, but the Italy international has revealed he already feels settled at the club.

The 21-year-old became Brendan Rodgers' first signing as Reds boss in July and joined up with his new teammates in the second week of our recent North America tour having cut short his summer break.

Now back on Merseyside, Borini is hoping to secure a new apartment in the coming weeks as he adjusts to his new surroundings - but at Melwood, the forward is already feeling part of the group.

He told Liverpoolfc.com: "It is a really good group of honest people here and they're really nice guys.

"I got inside the group very quickly and they've helped me (settle). If I need something, I'll ask no problem and they'll show me.

"Stevie G and Carragher are the key men and the key players of the club, Glen Johnson is always helping me, Joe Cole does too because I knew him before I came here.

"Dani Pacheco has maybe helped me the most because I stayed with him in the hotel and he has shown me around the city centre.

"I am looking for an apartment now. I've already got a car and phone and  I am trying to settle very quickly so I'll just need to think about and focus on football. That is the most important thing.

"The lads have already told me about an Italian - San Carlo in the city centre. I've been there once already with Dani Pacheco and Suso and it was very nice!"

So eager to join up with the Liverpool squad, Borini declined the option of an extended break following his involvement with Italy's run to the Euro 2012 final.

"It was a little bit tough to start training again because I didn't have much rest, but it was more mentally than physically," he explained. "Even though I didn't play at the Euros, I always trained and got myself mentally ready for an opportunity.

"I got three weeks of holidays and then I wanted to come back earlier to be with the team. It was my choice, but I am happy with it. Now I just need some time to get back physically, and that's normal."

After almost a week of training in Boston, Borini was handed his Reds bow in Saturday's goalless draw with Tottenham at the M&T Bank Stadium.

He said: "It felt quite good to make my debut. It's an important shirt and the first thing I need to worry about is the front of the shirt (the badge) rather than the back (the name).

"That is the most important thing to show the people - and also to me because when you wear a shirt, what is on the front is more important than what's on the back.

"It's an historic club and has won so many trophies in the past, and it wants to win just as many in the future.

"This is a really good target to try and reach. Because Liverpool is a great club in England and all over the world, it gives you more power and strength to do more. It's a great achievement for me and I hope to show many qualities here."

Liverpool were well supported throughout their tour of North America in Toronto, Boston and Baltimore, and Borini admits he was left blown away by the size of the Reds' fanbase across the globe.

"It was amazing," he stated. "I didn't expect so many supporters in America. I didn't realise Liverpool had so many supporters away from England.

"It made a good impression and impact on me about the club. I know now about the passion from outside, and I'll try to bring that inside."

As well as Borini's debut, one of the main highlights of Liverpool's tour was the opportunities handed to the club's clutch of youngsters by Brendan Rodgers.

Though still of a tender age himself, our new No.29 insists he'll do all he can to help them in their quest to make a first-team breakthrough.

"I think we've got good young players that want to show what they can do, and they've got the right attitude to reach the first team one day," he stated.

"I've been in the same position as them and I've been in and out of first teams, so I always tell them not to look down and keep their heads up, even if they go back into the reserves because that's the way of the first team at a top club.

"It's not a small club, so it's more difficult to get into the first team and they've just got to keep their heads up and keep working because there are more good players here."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/borini-i-feel-settled-already

Can't wait to see him in the team, hope he scores all the goals we should have scored last season.
      Scottbot

• 9,542 posts | 2135 
      Reply #135: Aug 01, 2012 08:08:15 pm
       "It felt quite good to make my debut. It's an important shirt and the first thing I need to worry about is the front of the shirt (the badge) rather than the back (the name).

What a fookin excellent quote that is! Love that.
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #136: Aug 01, 2012 09:37:21 pm
      He certainly seems to have the right mentality to fit into Rodgers style.
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,208 posts | 1418 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #137: Aug 09, 2012 08:59:57 pm
      Congratulations on your first goal Fabio! Hopefully many more to come! 
      :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6: :kop5cf8koxp6:

Quick Reply