Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193650 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1725: Oct 20, 2014 12:17:46 am
      Would rather him be playing than Balo, at least he will make the movements to get the ball and will put some effort in.

I agree.

Ok, so maybe he's not the best(but then again, maybe he will in our system and better players around him?), but as we all know, you don't have to be the best to be challenging for league titles. You just need the right parts to keep the engine running and I actually think Borini would be perfect for our system.

He'll make those runs which gives options to our attack (Coutinho + Gerrard), create space for other team mates to attack(Sterling, Sturridge, Lallana), he'll track back putting pressure on the opponents, but most importantly, he'll be hungry.

I want to see him partner Lallana up front with Lallana playing the Suarez role.

bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #1726: Oct 20, 2014 10:06:12 am
      Every now and then we play that sh!te for a sustained period that players who have been useless for us every time they've played suddenly seem like a good idea. Well, we have been playing pretty sh!te for a sustained period and I make no apologies for getting on this particular bandwagon nice and early. It's time for Fabio!

racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,610 posts | 3844 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #1727: Oct 20, 2014 10:19:50 am
      Give him a go against Madrid.
      Definitely would improve our pressing high up the pitch.
      All hands to the pump for the Madrid double header.
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #1728: Oct 20, 2014 10:45:03 am
      Every now and then we play that sh!te for a sustained period that players who have been useless for us every time they've played suddenly seem like a good idea. Well, we have been playing pretty sh!te for a sustained period and I make no apologies for getting on this particular bandwagon nice and early. It's time for Fabio!

Good lad! Glad you've joined us.

Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1729: Oct 28, 2014 10:14:15 pm
      Best game tonight for the club that I can remember.

He has a very dodgy first touch that you can't rely on, but if he works as hard as he did tonight against Newcastle he should be in the team.

We need two strikers up front.
      bigears
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #1730: Oct 28, 2014 10:20:49 pm

He has a very dodgy first touch that you can't rely on, but if he works as hard as he did tonight against Newcastle he should be in the team.

He reminds me of Kuyt , he never stops trying . I agree his first touch isn't the best but i can't deny he has something and Rodgers needs to show some more faith in him .

KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1731: Oct 28, 2014 10:30:19 pm

Agree, played with a point to prove. Amazing what competition can do!
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1732: Oct 29, 2014 01:04:36 am
      His best game for us for me too.   Hope he can kick on.  With the standards the strikers have set this season he will never get a better chance to get a run of games.  Has to be involved at least in some capacity against Newcastle. 
      Darth Joe
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 846 posts | 31 
      Reply #1733: Oct 29, 2014 06:34:01 am
      One positive thing about his play is his relentless energy, he keeps going, and that's the kind of mentality we want to see at LFC. Players giving their all. He may not be the classiest of players but I appreciate his work rate, and that cross to Balotelli came when a lot of people seem to have given up with the game (fans and players alike). He deserved a goal last night, and most certainly deserves more starts.

Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #1734: Oct 29, 2014 09:17:57 am
      He reminds me of Kuyt , he never stops trying . I agree his first touch isn't the best but i can't deny he has something and Rodgers needs to show some more faith in him .

That is a very good point, that cross for the first goal was sublime maybe his future lies out wide.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1735: Oct 29, 2014 01:52:05 pm
      I think I'd actually start Borini as a striker vs Newcastle. He's coming off a good game vs Swansea and deserves to keep his place. Not to mention his best games for Sunderland last season came against the Toon.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1736: Oct 30, 2014 06:32:23 pm
      I think I'd actually start Borini as a striker vs Newcastle. He's coming off a good game vs Swansea and deserves to keep his place. Not to mention his best games for Sunderland last season came against the Toon.

Didn't he score for us against them too?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #1737: Oct 30, 2014 06:33:35 pm
      Didn't he score for us against them too?

Yeah when we smashed em by 6 at the end of Brendan's first season, scuffed toe poke

Coutinho was magic that day
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #1738: Oct 30, 2014 07:13:51 pm
      Yeah when we smashed em by 6 at the end of Brendan's first season, scuffed toe poke

Coutinho was magic that day

Fabio Borini`s Goal VS Newcastle United 27/04/2013

Fabio Borini's goal against newcastle 2-1 27/10/13 *HD*
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1739: Oct 31, 2014 12:40:42 am
      Remember having Coutinho as my fantasy captain that day. Superb.
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1740: Nov 05, 2014 02:08:43 am
      good performance from him tonight - he is getting better with more game time.

EDIT: Also where are all the geniuses that said Borini would be frozen out by the manager now that Lambert was here?

As I recall the prediction was that Fabio "wouldn't even find himself on the sub's bench". AZ PATRIOT and POKO I'm looking at you.
      Given that he started against Real Madrid at the Bernebeu, it looks like he was right to back himself to stay at the club after all. You're welcome.
      « Last Edit: Nov 05, 2014 02:25:48 am by Hollywood Balls »
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,920 posts | 964 
      Reply #1741: Nov 05, 2014 02:23:15 pm
      Of our 3 fit strikers Borini has been our best one. Given his versatility and willingness to pull wide and run in behind, I hope he gets a chance to partner Studge up front a few times. I actually think those two could work very well together!
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #1742: Nov 05, 2014 03:51:04 pm
      A really good shift by Borini, shame he had so little support. I think he would be a great compliment to Balotelli - would like to see both start against CHelsea.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1743: Nov 06, 2014 01:19:28 pm
      Watching him going on a 1vs1 with Sergio Ramos was painful and a bit embarrassing for Fabio. They're players on completely different levels... no need to say who's on a higher level, I think.

That said, I'd still prefer him to start ahead of Balotelli in our next game.
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #1744: Nov 06, 2014 01:29:14 pm
      Touched the ball twice inside Madrid's penalty area. Had one shot (blocked) and attempted two passes in the final third (both failed).
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1745: Nov 06, 2014 05:05:40 pm
      what impresses me is his workrate, he keeps running and battling for the ball, reminds me a bit of suarez
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1746: Nov 06, 2014 05:07:00 pm
      Touched the ball twice inside Madrid's penalty area. Had one shot (blocked) and attempted two passes in the final third (both failed).

It has to be said that Ramos got VERY lucky when he decided to throw himself to the floor to get himself out of a sticky situation entirely of his own making.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1747: Nov 06, 2014 10:28:33 pm
      EDIT: Also where are all the geniuses that said Borini would be frozen out by the manager now that Lambert was here?

He pretty much has been, in the league he isn't even on the bench half the time I don't think and he only played Madrid because Rodgers rotated the team so don't go down that route mate.

I think he is being underused, he's played well and looked our most dangerous player to create something up top whenever he's been on the pitch. He could have score 3 against Madrid and I'd bet he would still be benched for the Chav game.

Quick Reply