Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193676 times
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1748: Nov 07, 2014 11:52:00 am
      He pretty much has been, in the league he isn't even on the bench half the time I don't think and he only played Madrid because Rodgers rotated the team so don't go down that route mate.

I think he is being underused, he's played well and looked our most dangerous player to create something up top whenever he's been on the pitch. He could have score 3 against Madrid and I'd bet he would still be benched for the Chav game.

No worries mate.

My argument at the tail end of the Summer transfer window was that Fabio did the right thing to back himself to stay.

If we had signed Costa, Eto’o and Remy, for example, that would not have been the case. But looking at his options he either had to choose between stepping down a level to go to Sunderland or seeing if he could get a chance to showcase himself here.

There was always going to be a good chance that Sturridge was going to be out for a significant period during the season. That left an unproven and volatile Balotelli ahead of him and Ricky Lambert vying for either one or two strikers slots. For some reason I got dragged into a stupid argument about why Borini had played at a consistently higher level throughout his career than Lambert – stupid because it’s pretty obvious that Lambert has been a journeyman pro (although ending up at Liverpool is a heartwarming fairytale).

As things have worked out, Sturridge has been injured, Lambert is not of sufficient quality and Balotelli has been hit-and-miss which means that Borini got his chance starting against the best team in the world at the Bernebeu – a match that was screened across the world.

For me, that means his decision to stay was relatively canny.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1749: Nov 07, 2014 12:03:41 pm
      I can forgive a player for a lot of things when he shows the kind of spirit, desire, commitment and attitude that Borini has when he's had the chance.

The lad might be limited, but I'll take a limited player with a proper pair on him over a prima dona any day of the week.
      shabbadoo
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 29,438 posts | 4582 
      Reply #1750: Nov 07, 2014 12:05:43 pm
      Can't questions his work rate, thought he did well against Madrid to be honest.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1751: Nov 07, 2014 12:18:06 pm
      Can't questions his work rate, thought he did well against Madrid to be honest.

Did he? I thought it was a big embarrassing if I'm honest. Borini v Ramos and Varane, like boys v men.
      We all know he will put in a shift and run around but to be a LFC forward that's not enough. Mind you that's more than we get from Balotelli.

Our summer forward transfer saga leaves a lot to be desired where We are hoping a player who has effectively been frozen out and virtually told to go is our main man up top  :-\
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1752: Nov 07, 2014 12:25:09 pm

Did he? I thought it was a big embarrassing if I'm honest. Borini v Ramos and Varane, like boys v men.
      We all know he will put in a shift and run around but to be a LFC forward that's not enough. Mind you that's more than we get from Balotelli.

Our summer forward transfer saga leaves a lot to be desired where We are hoping a player who has effectively been frozen out and virtually told to go is our main man up top  :-\

He made Ramos F**k up though didn't he?
      Ramos then got out of it by throwing himself to the floor, and the ref bought it.

To be fair, I think most lone strikers would struggle against those 2.
      Even Barca's formidable strikeforce barely got a sniff out of them, so maybe it's a bit unfair to judge him on how he did against Madrids defenders.

He won't get any change out of chelseas backline either, but if he's picked and he shows the same effort and commitment, I won't have any complaints.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1753: Nov 08, 2014 02:55:24 am
      Not a fan of Borini in the big picture. The amount of times he fails to control a ball that comes to him at speed is embarrassing at that level.

But needs must. He'll work hard and might sniff out a chance in the box so if he starts ahead of Balotelli I wouldn't argue the toss.
      wallbanger 5d
      • Forum Michael Robinson

• 53 posts |
      Reply #1754: Nov 08, 2014 09:40:16 am
      Borini needs games to develop into the complete player. He works hard and that is why he should be in the starting line up.
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,612 posts | 2159 
      Reply #1755: Nov 08, 2014 10:01:29 am
      It isn't going it happen but I would be tempted to start him today. He doesn't offer the ingest threat but his intelligent movement and work rate, ability to provide an out ball is far more in keeping with the type of football we played last season. Get some genuine movement and tenacity in front of the likes of Lallana, Coutinho and Sterling and perhaps we might create a few more chances and carry more of a threat?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1756: Nov 08, 2014 03:30:26 pm
      Should be starting ahead of Balotelli and Lambert on the basis he isn't completely hopeless.
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1757: Nov 14, 2014 08:28:37 pm
      140 minutes of Premier League football this season has resulted in little outcome of any substance—

No goals,

Two chances created,

37 percent average duels won record

A shot accuracy of only 40 percent based on only five shots

Source :  Squawka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2267287-fabio-borinis-jury-still-out-despite-liverpool-strikers-feeling-of-vindication?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=liverpool
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1758: Nov 15, 2014 12:00:52 am
      140 minutes of Premier League football this season has resulted in little outcome of any substance—

No goals,

Two chances created,

37 percent average duels won record

A shot accuracy of only 40 percent based on only five shots

Source :  Squawka.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2267287-fabio-borinis-jury-still-out-despite-liverpool-strikers-feeling-of-vindication?utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=newsletter&utm_campaign=liverpool

Analysis based on 140 mins of play   :lmao:  Come on you can do better than that!
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1759: Nov 15, 2014 12:17:01 am
      Analysis based on 140 mins of play   :lmao:  Come on you can do better than that!

course I can.

Next up  Box Of Frogs Balotelli  ?
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #1760: Nov 15, 2014 06:17:16 am
      course I can.

Next up  Box Of Frogs Balotelli  ?

Why always Mario?
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #1761: Nov 15, 2014 08:25:49 am

;D

Very Good !   

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1762: Nov 28, 2014 10:51:38 am
      have no clue why after the Madrid game BR did not stick with Borini and the last home CL game when he set up mario thus proving having two strikers on the pitch suits us. he's energetic,fast and committed to helping LFC succeed has the right attitude even when we tried to get rid of him he wante dto stay and fight but BR dont see it and is stubbern. we cant continue with just one up top
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1763: Dec 06, 2014 06:38:48 pm
      Just wondering, is he actually injured or just not selected, does anyone know?
      Redangel

• 8,313 posts | 1007 
      Reply #1764: Dec 06, 2014 06:50:35 pm
      Just wondering, is he actually injured or just not selected, does anyone know?

Haven't heard that he's injured, just don't think Brendan rates him. Sadly at this moment in time, beggars can't be choosers. He'll be off in January, no doubt, and who could blame him. He's not been given a proper run in the team to show what he can do! Sunderland are certainly missing his goals this season. They'll sign him in a heartbeat.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1765: Dec 06, 2014 07:14:08 pm
      Haven't heard that he's injured, just don't think Brendan rates him. Sadly at this moment in time, beggars can't be choosers. He'll be off in January, no doubt, and who could blame him. He's not been given a proper run in the team to show what he can do! Sunderland are certainly missing his goals this season. They'll sign him in a heartbeat.

Rodgers doing his utmost to make sure he leaves in January, he has probably been told needs to raise some money for any transfers.

Not doing us any good not using him when we were crying out today for movement up top.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1766: Dec 06, 2014 07:23:03 pm
      Rodgers doing his utmost to make sure he leaves in January, he has probably been told needs to raise some money for any transfers.

Not doing us any good not using him when we were crying out today for movement up top.

Seems the press were asking him about it too. Absolutely absurd not to have the lad at least on the bench.

As Mcarz has just said in the match thread, it's decisions like these that truly make you question Brendan because there can seemingly be no other motivation than personal. Once the window shut he was our player and if we could use him to get more points, which surely nobody could argue he could possibly have been any worse than what we've had to endure then he should have been used.

He's the only player left that actually fits our style, granted he's many rungs below world class but he has proven he scores goals with a crap Sunderland side and our strikers have proven that they virtually never score. His work-rate isn't questioned even by his biggest critics and I've always rated his movement very highly. Again as Mcarz says, that could easily have made the difference in today's game.
      ruthcity

• 6,937 posts | 1479 
      Reply #1767: Dec 06, 2014 07:25:34 pm
      And he could have scored against us today. Who knows?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1768: Dec 06, 2014 07:36:52 pm
      Likely Rodgers already has a deal in place for Borini to leave in January and doesn't want to risk injuring him and ruining the deal. That's my opinion anyway.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1769: Dec 06, 2014 08:06:56 pm
      Likely Rodgers already has a deal in place for Borini to leave in January and doesn't want to risk injuring him and ruining the deal. That's my opinion anyway.

Possibly, but we played him in pre-season friendlies after we had agreed a fee with Sunderland.

The lad is pretty sh*t, but we need some striker on the bench because Lambert looks like he's ready for a nursing home after all the games he's played recently.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1770: Dec 06, 2014 09:02:14 pm
      The lad is pretty sh*t, but we need some striker on the bench because Lambert looks like he's ready for a nursing home after all the games he's played recently.

I agree, he is a pretty sh*t individual, but as a team player, maybe not? With his work rate and off the ball movement, he'll be more beneficial to our team than the likes of Lambert & Balotelli. Our midfield and attacking players are totally at a loss when we play a target man, it totally constricts them of a passing game.

Quick Reply