Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193583 times
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1794: Dec 09, 2014 06:24:19 pm
      Something doesn't add up there mate.
      The player refuses the first offer presumably in the hope of an improved bid and/or enhanced status within LFC.
      In this case neither has materialised and the club stands to get shafted big time if Sunderland come in again.
       ??????

Not too sure what does not add up.

If Sunderland comes in, it is clear LFC/BR does not want him. If I were him, I'd be off.

Sunderland know LFC/BR does not want him, thus they'd off much less than they did in August.
      Sahara
      • Forum Ronny Rosenthal

• 102 posts |
      Reply #1795: Dec 15, 2014 10:10:22 pm
      Don't understand whats goin on with Borini.  If Rodgers wants a pacy, pressing striker up top, wouldn't he be the best option available?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1796: Dec 15, 2014 11:00:41 pm
      Not too sure what does not add up.

If Sunderland comes in, it is clear LFC/BR does not want him. If I were him, I'd be off.

Sunderland know LFC/BR does not want him, thus they'd off much less than they did in August.

he is being forced out which I find rather poor treatment of a player we brought here.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1797: Dec 16, 2014 12:32:13 am
      I don't rate Borini but something isn't right here.

Is Borini as bad at his position as Allen is at his own?

No.

And yet one starts our biggest games, and the other can't even make the bench.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1798: Dec 21, 2014 06:09:41 pm
      Before people put the boot into him, I thought he had a decent outing. Showed movement and work rate and we looked more of a goal threat with him on.

As for the red card, I think it was down to a combination of adrenaline and stupidity. I don't blame him for the first yellow card. First one I would be furious and probably react the same way. As for the second, I think he was too eager to win the ball back and unfortunately, he made the high tackle.
      « Last Edit: Dec 21, 2014 06:26:09 pm by PurpleMonkey »
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1799: Dec 21, 2014 06:11:12 pm
      I don't rate Borini but something isn't right here.

Is Borini as bad at his position as Allen is at his own?

No.

And yet one starts our biggest games, and the other can't even make the bench.

And now it all makes sense...
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,190 posts | 1271 
      Reply #1800: Dec 21, 2014 06:19:39 pm
      Before people put the boot into him, I thought he had a decent outing. Showed movement and work rate and we looked more of a goal threat with him on.

As for the red card, I think it was down to a combination of adrenaline and stupidity. I don't blame him for the Yellow cards. First one I would be furious and probably react the same way. As for the second, I think he was too eager to win the ball back and unfortunately, he made the high tackle.

He showed some guts and determination today, unlike our other shrinking violets in our squad. I feel sorry for him - he is by no means a part of the problem.

Many of the problems were all on show today - Skrtel, Henderson, god Lucas was terrible and lackadaisical in the second half... just awful.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #1801: Dec 21, 2014 06:21:43 pm
      Well that was an eventful last appearance for Liverpool for him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1802: Dec 21, 2014 06:29:44 pm
      He showed some guts and determination today, unlike our other shrinking violets in our squad. I feel sorry for him - he is by no means a part of the problem.

Many of the problems were all on show today - Skrtel, Henderson, god Lucas was terrible and lackadaisical in the second half... just awful.

Thought it was a cowards tackle to be honest.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1803: Dec 21, 2014 06:42:47 pm
      He looked like he was deliberately trying to get sent off.

To those who thought it was good he stayed and we didn't shove him out the door... Are you going to back him now after this disgraceful showing.

Should have made it clear to him he's not needed, cash in on an inflated offer from Sunderland/QPR and be rid of this waste of space.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1804: Dec 21, 2014 07:01:20 pm

To those who thought it was good he stayed and we didn't shove him out the door... Are you going to back him now after this disgraceful showing.

Should have made it clear to him he's not needed, cash in on an inflated offer from Sunderland/QPR and be rid of this waste of space.

Looked like he was deliberately trying to get sent off? seriously? Not for me, he looked like a player wanting to win and eager to impress. Like I said, we were good attacking today but lacked that goal threat until he came on.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1805: Dec 21, 2014 07:04:57 pm
      Looked like he was deliberately trying to get sent off? seriously? Not for me, he looked like a player wanting to win and eager to impress. Like I said, we were good attacking today but lacked that goal threat until he came on.

In that out of the 3 things he did in the match, 2 were offences that were clear yellow cards.
      bmck
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,543 posts | 1666 
      • YNWA
      Reply #1806: Dec 21, 2014 11:14:40 pm
      Looked like weeks of frustration manifesting itself in 20 mins which even by his low standards will want to forget.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1807: Dec 21, 2014 11:53:14 pm
      his shiteness has now reached new lows.  He flatters to deceive by all his running around. 

That challenge on Cazorla was a disgrace; couldn't believe it when I saw those gashes of blood across his chest. 

And to think he will still pick up his cheque for tens of thousands of pounds this week. 

Can you imagine how much Borini has cost us?  we paid £11m to sign him, he's on £40K a week which we have paid since 2012 other than nine months when Sunderland paid it.  Oh and he refused a £12m moved back to Sunderland over the summer.  So that's more than £20m total.  Just for him to sit around and do nothing. 

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1808: Dec 21, 2014 11:58:48 pm

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1809: Dec 22, 2014 10:44:54 am
      He showed more passion, aggression and pace in the little time he had on the pitch than Balotelli has shown all season, ok he got a bit excited but I want to see players getting stuck in. Flamini did a lot worse and stayed on the f*cking pitch.

sorry but Flamini didn't go in with his studs up against any of our players.  Did you not see the gash on Cazorla's chest? 

Anyway.  Yes Borini showed passion and aggression.  Unfortunately he doesn't have talent to go with it.  Whereas Balotelli has talent without the passion and aggression.

If only we could meld the two of them together, Balotelli's talent with Borini's work rate and passion.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1810: Dec 22, 2014 11:37:57 am
      The falsest of false nines.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #1811: Dec 22, 2014 01:22:53 pm
      So a rush of blood becomes a reason to slate the lad.
      Typical really.

Showed passion, commitment and desire and the problem was he wanted to take his chance too much.
      So he got a bit over-excited and was late in the challenge, so what.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,204 posts | 2799 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #1812: Dec 22, 2014 01:29:40 pm

Are you on a wind up with that one Mag?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1813: Dec 22, 2014 01:44:17 pm
      He showed more passion, aggression and pace in the little time he had on the pitch than Balotelli has shown all season, ok he got a bit excited but I want to see players getting stuck in. Flamini did a lot worse and stayed on the f*cking pitch.

Yes I saw the "scratch" on his chest (after all he was liftng his shirt up for all to see) and yes Borini had his boot up high and deserved to go, but it's a man,s game, however, when you elbow someone in the face? I,ve had bigger scratches on me knob. Balotelli,s talent? I think he has scored inside the six yard box a couple of times and one of those was put on his foot by....mmm oh yes Borini when he got a few minutes on the pitch. I am not saying Borini is world class but he is not as bad as some make out.

The elbow in the face is far worse than a scratch on the chest, I can tell you that from years of playing rugby! Flamini should've been sent off tbh.

As for the amount of sh*t Borini is getting, I can't believe it. He came on and played decent and offered a proper striking option. We actually looked more of a goal threat with him up there than Sterling. As Borini. and no talent, I beg to differ, he has just as much, if not more than Balotelli, and I've seen Balo play since City days.

Actually, you know what, I would keep him and make him our 3rd choice striker, behind Origi & Sturridge :)
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #1814: Dec 22, 2014 02:00:35 pm

Flamini is snide but commits clever professional fouls for his team.

Borini just lost his head like it was amateur-hour.

We are playing for big stakes here, I'd prefer someone who is switched on and nasty to rely on rather than someone lacking the discipline to play intelligently. That was a big match for us and for Borini's career and he fu**ed it up completeley unnecessarily.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1815: Dec 22, 2014 03:15:51 pm
      Are you on a wind up with that one Mag?

Should have made it clear... Obviously I don't think he got sent off on purpose
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #1816: Dec 22, 2014 03:17:46 pm
      Would be very surprised to see him play for us again.

Quick Reply