Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Fabio Borini (Liverpool > Sunderland)

Read 193299 times
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Re: Fabio Borini Player Thread
      Reply #1886: Jan 18, 2015 12:13:33 am
      Stuck his foot out and got the gosl but jeez his general lack of football skills for a striker are shocking.

Put the ball in the net and set us on our way, keeps doing that then I couldn't get less about his skills.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1887: Jan 18, 2015 12:18:00 am
      Put the ball in the net and set us on our way, keeps doing that then I couldn't get less about his skills.

Same, also, his style of play is allowing the likes of Lallana, Sterling & Coutinho to play to their strengths.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1888: Jan 18, 2015 03:22:28 am
      He scored. Apart from that I still can't believe he's a professional footballer when he can barely control a football.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1889: Jan 18, 2015 04:01:54 am
      He scored. Apart from that I still can't believe he's a professional footballer when he can barely control a football.

had a similar conversation in the Gerrard thread a while back.  Borini was terrible against Villa, but he scored.  so does it matter if he had a terrible game, as long as he scores?

it's an interesting question.

The problem is most of the time he is terrible and.... doesn't score.
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Reply #1890: Jan 18, 2015 10:48:19 am
      Borini answered the age old pub question of "wonder how many I'd get in the Premier League if I started up front". Proof you'd probably get your toe on one or two. Aside from the goal, he was no better than a pub team player. Useless decision making, terrible touch and woeful finishing. He winds me up so much when I watch him play. Now I'll give him credit where it's due, he scored an important goal, but I'll give him criticism where it's due as well, and he's not good enough to play for this club. But looks like we're stuck with him because no one will want to touch him with a ten foot barge pole now.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1891: Jan 18, 2015 10:50:22 am
      had a similar conversation in the Gerrard thread a while back.  Borini was terrible against Villa, but he scored.  so does it matter if he had a terrible game, as long as he scores?

it's an interesting question.

The problem is most of the time he is terrible and.... doesn't score.

Fair question that but what we have to remember is that there were many times Torres for example, would have an absolute mare and do nothing all game but then pop up and score at the end of the game and suddenly his poor performance was forgotten and everyone was happy because we got the win and straight away I can remember him doing it against Villa actually. Should be no different for if Borini does that. If he wasn't in the right place at the right time and took the shot as well as he did then the deadlock wouldn't have been broken and for all we know we might have ended up losing or drawing. He didn't play well, no denying that but he done what his job to do is, and that was to put the ball in the net and it wasn't a case of just adding a 3rd or 4th goal when the game was already won, it was at a point where we took the lead so for me, him doing that is more important than if he plays a blinder for how ever long he is on the pitch.
      Dadorious
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #1892: Jan 18, 2015 12:23:13 pm
      Borini answered the age old pub question of "wonder how many I'd get in the Premier League if I started up front". Proof you'd probably get your toe on one or two. Aside from the goal, he was no better than a pub team player. Useless decision making, terrible touch and woeful finishing. He winds me up so much when I watch him play. Now I'll give him credit where it's due, he scored an important goal, but I'll give him criticism where it's due as well, and he's not good enough to play for this club. But looks like we're stuck with him because no one will want to touch him with a ten foot barge pole now.
      Spot on Mags it's been a while since a player has infuriated me as much as Fabio.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 35,999 posts | 3950 
      Reply #1893: Jan 18, 2015 12:33:37 pm

Not forgetting also the text book lay on by Henderson, inch perfect and screaming for contact. The lad was MOTM by a country mile.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      • Me, i always tell the truth, even when i lie.
      Reply #1894: Jan 18, 2015 12:50:47 pm
      Finnaly played from the start and it wasnt the bad game,nice goal and a good game.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,253 posts | 2800 
      Reply #1895: Jan 18, 2015 02:44:18 pm
      Same, also, his style of play is allowing the likes of Lallana, Sterling & Coutinho to play to their strengths.

Really? I'd say apart from his work rate he doesn't suit us at all. He can't beat a man or play an ambitious pass and IMO he actually hinders our creative players when he's on the pitch. Remember him slowing down a fair few of our counter attacks yesterday.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1896: Jan 18, 2015 03:23:10 pm
      Not forgetting also the text book lay on by Henderson, inch perfect and screaming for contact. The lad was MOTM by a country mile.

Superb from Hendo. Have to give Fabio credit for getting his toe on it, however that's where I'll draw the line.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1897: Jan 18, 2015 03:24:42 pm
      Really? I'd say apart from his work rate he doesn't suit us at all. He can't beat a man or play an ambitious pass and IMO he actually hinders our creative players when he's on the pitch. Remember him slowing down a fair few of our counter attacks yesterday.

His style of play is certainly suited to our team. His off the ball movement, creating space and work rate is good for our attack, more so than Balo & Lambert.

The only reason why some of our counter attacks slowed down is because he isn't exactly the greatest of footballers and lacks composure, also, lack of game time doesn't help too, so he's rusty as well.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1898: Jan 18, 2015 03:27:33 pm
      His style of play is certainly suited to our team. His off the ball movement, creating space and work rate is good for our attack, more so than Balo & Lambert.

The only reason why some of our counter attacks slowed down is because he isn't exactly the greatest of footballers and lacks composure, also, lack of game time doesn't help too, so he's rusty as well.

Work off the ball is underrated by most however it should never take president over work on the ball, it is and always will be more important. If he can't do it on the ball then he's not worth having on the field.

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1899: Jan 18, 2015 03:39:21 pm
      Work off the ball is underrated by most however it should never take president over work on the ball, it is and always will be more important. If he can't do it on the ball then he's not worth having on the field.

How about Kuyt? wasn't exactly the greatest on the ball, Hendo too, Atletico Madrid team etc etc. It depends on how the player is utilise and in what position. There is always room for workaholics off the ball that lack the ball skills for any type of team in my opinion.

I get some people already hate Borini, but surely he offers more than Balo & Lambert? He is the right person until Sturridge returns, and when we get Origi, he'll drop to 3rd choice or sold, but for now, I am happy to see him ahead of LAmbert and Balo.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,143 posts | 4896 
      Reply #1900: Jan 18, 2015 04:36:39 pm
      I get some people already hate Borini, but surely he offers more than Balo & Lambert?

He does.

He is the only one of our strikers who plays to suit Brendan's style of football.
      Magillionare
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      Reply #1901: Jan 18, 2015 05:02:32 pm
      How about Kuyt? wasn't exactly the greatest on the ball, Hendo too, Atletico Madrid team etc etc. It depends on how the player is utilise and in what position. There is always room for workaholics off the ball that lack the ball skills for any type of team in my opinion.

I get some people already hate Borini, but surely he offers more than Balo & Lambert? He is the right person until Sturridge returns, and when we get Origi, he'll drop to 3rd choice or sold, but for now, I am happy to see him ahead of LAmbert and Balo.

Kuyt was twice the player Borini is. When I hear Kuyt I think big goals in big games. Borini's movement isn't even that good anyway. Just because you run around a lot doesn't mean it's effective. When he tracks back he fouls people, he has on more than one occasion blocked a shot at goal because he's running around like a headless chicken. He gets caught offside alot. He's F***ing sh*t mate, I'm taking anyone who thinks he's good enough to be at our club seriously, including him.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #1902: Jan 20, 2015 03:39:59 pm
      I wonder will he be any good tonight,ussualy he just runs all around the field without any cause and goal.Hope he will get it right tonight.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #1903: Jan 20, 2015 03:43:29 pm
      I wonder will he be any good tonight,ussualy he just runs all around the field without any cause and goal.Hope he will get it right tonight.

The lad is a poacher get him in the box he will get goals.
      Pear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,280 posts | 79 
      Reply #1904: Jan 20, 2015 03:52:47 pm
      We will watch and see,lets hope your words are true.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1905: Jan 20, 2015 04:01:33 pm
      Will be interesting to see if he improves if he's given some more games, can't help him being a bit part player.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1906: Jan 26, 2015 10:58:45 am
      all the effort in the world but unless he players week in week out not going to imprve sell him on and save the cash to go into summers kitty.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,790 posts | 2446 
      Reply #1907: Feb 25, 2015 11:57:00 am
      Not good enough. Must be sold and replaced.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #1908: Feb 25, 2015 05:30:48 pm
      The most depressing thing is that we won't get any more than 3M or 4M for him this summer. Almost a 10M drop compared to what Sunderland offered last summer....

Quick Reply