Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

O2 / Tesco Mobile / Giff-Gaff

Read 2021 times
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      O2 / Tesco Mobile / Giff-Gaff
      Jul 12, 2012 09:01:10 am
      So, who else is with these fuckwitts and has had no signal since yesterday afternoon?  :mad:

The network problems that hit thousands of O2 customers have continued into a second day.

However the company said its 2G network had now been restored and that customers should now be able to make and receive calls.

The widespread issues began "at lunchtime" on Wednesday which meant many lost voice and data services.

No timescale has been given for when the network will be fully back up and running.

In a message published at 08:00 GMT on its network status site, O2 said: "We can confirm that our 2G network service has now been restored. Customers who were affected should now be able to make and receive calls.

"Our 3G service is starting to restore and customers should expect to see a gradual return of data services as the day progresses.

"Customers affected may wish to try switching their mobile phones off and on as service returns."

It apologised again for the inconvenience that was being caused. No details have been given about what has caused the network problems.

Customers of other firms that use O2's mobile masts, such as GiffGaff and Tesco Mobile, were also still affected.

Tesco confirmed that many of its users were also having problems and cited issues with O2's "core network".

Spotty service

It is not clear how many of O2's 23 million customers have been hit by the network fault but the operator said the problem was not based on geography. Across the country some will be able to connect at the same location as others who cannot.

"We can confirm that the problem with our mobile service is due to a fault with one of our network systems, which has meant some mobile phone numbers are not registering correctly on our network," said a service update published about 12 hours after the problems had emerged.

"As a result, some customers are having difficulty making or receiving calls, sending texts or using data.

"We, and our central supplier, have deployed all possible resources and are working through the night to restore service as soon as possible. We apologise again to customers affected and will provide further updates as soon as we can"

Many users have sent messages via Twitter to complain about the issue.

"Starting to get silly now, six hours without service isn't good enough in this day and age," wrote Coronation Street actor Chris Fountain.

"Leaving you the first chance I get," messaged another of the firm's customers.

One user joked: "What did one O2 customer say to the other? Nothing!"

But others said they were unaffected.

"Everyone's complaining about O2 reception, mine's been working fine all day," said one tweet.

Customers have been told they can keep track of developments via O2's service status page.

Some have complained that the page is slow to load and sometimes fails to appear. A spokeswoman for O2 apologised and said the site was facing high demand.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-18801300

RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Re: O2 / Tesco Mobile / Giff-Gaff
      Reply #1: Jul 12, 2012 05:30:40 pm
      Fortunately I moved to Vodafone a short while ago.

O2 are just crap.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #2: Jul 12, 2012 05:53:21 pm
      Fortunately I moved to Vodafone a short while ago.

O2 are just crap.

Must be different there, Vodafone are shocking here and I couldn't wait to leave them. O2 has the best coverage here normally but these last couple of days really pissed me off and were an inconvenience, to say the least.
      Working ok again now, thank F**k.
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #3: Jul 12, 2012 06:12:59 pm
      O2 was Ok here, just I had no reception in Work, where as people with Vodafone did.

Funny as they use the same masts.

LFCexiled
      Reply #4: Jul 12, 2012 06:41:10 pm
      My missus is on Giff Gaff and only lost an hour or so this AM (not sure about the wee hours like).

Note to anyone on PAYG as regards Giff Gaff, for £10 you get 250 minutes, unlimited texts, unlimited data and unlimited Giff Gaff to Giff Gaff calls/texts for 3 months, add a fiver and you get 400 minutes. It's allreet.

Quick Reply