Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Ryan McLaughlin (Released)

Read 18976 times
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Re: Ryan McLaughlin Player Thread
      Reply #23: Jan 09, 2014 03:48:31 pm
      Is right Ryan lad, made up him for him being called up to the NI national squad. Hope to see him in the first team soon as, always rated him.
      Red-Shift
      • Forum Erik Meijer

• 36 posts |
      Reply #24: Jan 09, 2014 03:49:24 pm
      Re. S@int and reddebs

We can hope so, many on here were calling for him to play when glen was out injured and I must say from what I have seen of him I would rather give him a chance then watch Glen have another heartless performance!
      Rodgers will no doubt be monitoring him closely this season and this may be his trial by fire before getting his name into our first team.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #25: Jan 09, 2014 04:10:42 pm
      Do you think there is any significance in the fact that it is such a short term loan? Meaning..... he may be seen as close to challenging for the first team on his return?

At his age it's unusual to get a long term deal, it'll be a youth loan more than likely which means he's still available for our u21's games and usually the player still trains with the parent club.  I'm also guessing we won't want him away too long due to his injury issues over the last 12mths or so.

I'm convinced Ryan will one day be a regular 1st team player but at 19 he needs to be playing competitively at a higher level than u21's, this will give him the chance to experience first hand what it means to play professional football, fighting relegation and where every point counts.

Personally I think this is more Brendan preparing for next season.  If (when) we qualify for Europe we'll need as many young players as possible to have had some 1st team experience, not necessarily with us.  We're hardly going to 'fill out' the squad by buying half a dozen or more players, they'll come from the Academy but they need more than just training at Melwood and the odd bench appearance.

Also as we get nearer to May we need our strongest squad available for selection every week so I'd be very surprised if any youngsters who haven't already featured to get a game.   Unless we're totally depleted with injuries or completely out of the CL qualification places that is.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,288 posts | 2806 
      Reply #26: Jan 09, 2014 04:23:26 pm
      Good luck Ryan lad.

One of our brightest prospects so I hope he does well and gets ready to fight his way into the first team next season.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #27: Jan 09, 2014 04:55:35 pm
      Should do Ryan good to get a few first team games.

Hopefully get him ready to be a part of the first team squad for next season.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #28: Jan 09, 2014 05:01:36 pm
      Will be keeping a keen eye on Barnsley over the next few weeks after reading this news. About time somebody snapped him up on loan.
      Red5man
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,616 posts | 76 
      Reply #29: Jan 09, 2014 05:16:20 pm
      He's F***ing boss.

He'll be a smashing hit there.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #30: Jan 09, 2014 05:31:19 pm
      Great move, he needs some games at a professional club playing at a decent level. I'll be watching him with interest, as I feel that if he really does have the quality to make the step up, as a few of us on here think and hope he does, then we could well have a ready made replacement for Johnson.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #31: Jan 09, 2014 05:37:21 pm
      Delighted for the lad.

Best of luck.

Hope he's looked after, given his recent injury.
      MsGerrard
      Reply #32: Jan 10, 2014 07:48:31 pm
      Made up for the lad, hope he gets some decent games under his belt.
      Jimbo_Revolution
      • Forum Alf Arrowsmith

• 58 posts |
      Reply #33: Jan 10, 2014 09:33:47 pm
      Really rate the lad highly, hope it goes well for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #34: Jan 11, 2014 01:30:54 pm
      Won't be making his debut today, the Charlton vs Barnsley game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch - in all honesty there is no water in such it is just really muddy. Absolute wimps.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #35: Jan 11, 2014 01:50:56 pm
      Won't be making his debut today, the Charlton vs Barnsley game has been postponed due to a waterlogged pitch - in all honesty there is no water in such it is just really muddy. Absolute wimps.

Thought it was a frozen pitch mate.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #36: Jan 11, 2014 02:08:02 pm
      Thought it was a frozen pitch mate.

It showed Chris Powell and some other officials walking around the pitch, they never mentioned anything about it being frozen on Soccer Saturday so I don't know if that's partly the reason but it looked a little boggy in places.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #37: Jan 11, 2014 02:17:04 pm
      It showed Chris Powell and some other officials walking around the pitch, they never mentioned anything about it being frozen on Soccer Saturday so I don't know if that's partly the reason but it looked a little boggy in places.

Didn't see that just my daughter said earlier it was a frozen pitch while we were watching the Wednesday game.  My other half is a Barnsley fan so he's glad he doesn't have to hear about them losing again  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #38: Jan 11, 2014 02:49:46 pm
      Didn't see that just my daughter said earlier it was a frozen pitch while we were watching the Wednesday game.  My other half is a Barnsley fan so he's glad he doesn't have to hear about them losing again  ;D

I'm sure he is haha!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #39: Jan 18, 2014 02:25:22 pm
      Might be starting for Barnsley today against Blackpool.
      skolRED
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,143 posts | 257 
      Reply #40: Jan 20, 2014 01:34:05 pm
      Reported he's impressive debut for the Championship side Barnsley in 2-0 win vs Blackpool. Seemed he played right back and did well to stop Tom Ince.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/01/ryan-mclaughlin-impresses-professional-debut/

McLaughlin is 19 year old, I think most likely we can see him play for us this season.

bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #41: Jan 20, 2014 02:00:55 pm
      Reported he's impressive debut for the Championship side Barnsley in 2-0 win vs Blackpool. Seemed he played right back and did well to stop Tom Ince.

http://www.thisisanfield.com/2014/01/ryan-mclaughlin-impresses-professional-debut/

McLaughlin is 19 year old, I think most likely we can see him play for us this season.

Very encouraging news we badly need fresh blood at RB that can give Johnson's lazy arse some much needed competition.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,145 posts | 4897 
      Reply #42: Jan 20, 2014 02:33:09 pm
      I think if Ryan gets a chance next season he'll be a massive success and quickly establish himself in the side.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #43: Jan 20, 2014 05:15:54 pm
      Little video of him from that first game against Blackpool

Liverpool Loanee Ryan McLaughlin's Barnsley Debut
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #44: Jan 20, 2014 06:17:23 pm
      He looks excellent.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #45: Jan 20, 2014 06:29:34 pm
      Has to be given a chance when his loan period is done, surely. Can't help feeling a lot of clubs would have done so already.

Quick Reply