Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Big decision time

Read 10728 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,218 posts | 4919 
      Re: Big decision time
      Reply #69: Feb 27, 2015 12:51:37 pm
      Start a thread - i've been having simlar thoughts and it would be interesting to discuss!

I'm on my phone in work now mate and might not have time. Was going to this evening when I got home.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,197 posts | 1640 
      Re: Big decision time
      Reply #70: Feb 27, 2015 01:10:26 pm
      Get with the programme - none of the big clubs - and by extension the players - care about domestic cup competitions any more.

We are not far off the scenario where we will see weakened sides playing in the cup semi finals.

They used to be important now they are not.

While you are out celebrating the league cup the serious clubs are attracting big money to pay big players to compete for the big prizes.

If we want to be a big club therefore that is the stage we need to be competing on. Not beating championsip sides for trophies that no-one gives a sh*t about.

yes, it's better than nothing - but only just - and therefore we should be aiming higher than that.

I fully understand that.

But as a fan I enjoy seeing us win trophies, if we don't and we are just endlessly aiming for top 4, but no trophies at the end of it for the next ten years and management that don't give a toss about silverware, then what's the point? Where's the enjoyment?

Last season was great, but ultimately left everyone deflated, whereas if we done a cup and come fourth we would have felt much better during the lads lap of honour.

Look, I know full well CL is more important for the club, but for me I just find the thought of that depressing.

Quick Reply