Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm - Pre Match Topic
      London Stadium

Today is the 27th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P29 W13 D5 L11

Financial Fair Play Regulations

Read 29263 times
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Re: Financial Fair Play Regulations
      Reply #69: Sep 06, 2012 09:28:41 am
      Regardless of the rules being fully enforced by the relevant authorities, unless you have a mega rich owner this model has to be the only sustainable approach in the long run.  We have seen what can happen (Rangers, Portsmouth, Leeds etc) and nearly happen (Us!) if clubs are not managed with sound financial principles.  As much as I hate the way money rules the modern game it is a fact and the sooner we start to operate within the model I think the better for us.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #70: Sep 06, 2012 10:19:03 am
      The FA needs to do what the germans did which was to come up with a rule that forced all teams to spend within their means.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #71: Sep 06, 2012 10:44:40 am
      Lets say the FA wish to enforce these rules and Arsenal UTD and us are all within the limits of spending.
      What happens to chelsea and City they have squads with contracts for upto 5 years ahead and if you apply the rules to all 92 clubs how many would be living with in their means.Enforcing the rules would surely see a number of teams fold.
      Can the FA legally stop Abramovich putting his own money into his own club which will have been part of the FA for over 100 years it would appear to me that there is a long long way to go before these rules get even close to being implemented or even imposed.Platini couldn't stop PSG (?) spending money which isn't self generated but he hasn't had much to say about that this is more an attack from Uefa on a too strong a Premier League.
      grooveshark
      • Forum Barry Venison

• 167 posts | 129 
      Reply #72: Sep 06, 2012 11:00:18 am
      Lets say the FA wish to enforce these rules and Arsenal UTD and us are all within the limits of spending.
      What happens to chelsea and City they have squads with contracts for upto 5 years ahead and if you apply the rules to all 92 clubs how many would be living with in their means.Enforcing the rules would surely see a number of teams fold.
      Can the FA legally stop Abramovich putting his own money into his own club which will have been part of the FA for over 100 years it would appear to me that there is a long long way to go before these rules get even close to being implemented or even imposed.Platini couldn't stop PSG (?) spending money which isn't self generated but he hasn't had much to say about that this is more an attack from Uefa on a too strong a Premier League.
      In Germany, they simply had all clubs operating within their means hence the reason no team will go down.

In England, you now have teams like City and Chelsea buying the league. Sure you have contracts running, but people forget that its implementation would take time to come in giving teams time to get their house in order.

vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #73: Sep 06, 2012 11:13:15 am
      Only two teams are really not interested in fair play and they are the two not operating as a business. Abramovich and Mansour are not going to sit on top of teams not winning and under a fair play system they wouldn't be. I think the real power lies in the rest of the league kicking up a stink. The risk before was losing players to other leagues, I think. However, Italy and Spain can't afford them now. Only Barca, Real and PSG have the money and how many could they take. So really it isn't the FA it is the clubs with the power. And as we have seen the FA can do whatever they like.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #74: Sep 06, 2012 12:05:29 pm
      In Germany, they simply had all clubs operating within their means hence the reason no team will go down.

In England, you now have teams like City and Chelsea buying the league. Sure you have contracts running, but people forget that its implementation would take time to come in giving teams time to get their house in order.

Out of 92 league teams how many do you think would meet the criteria?
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #75: Sep 06, 2012 12:07:11 pm
      Only two teams are really not interested in fair play and they are the two not operating as a business. Abramovich and Mansour are not going to sit on top of teams not winning and under a fair play system they wouldn't be. I think the real power lies in the rest of the league kicking up a stink. The risk before was losing players to other leagues, I think. However, Italy and Spain can't afford them now. Only Barca, Real and PSG have the money and how many could they take. So really it isn't the FA it is the clubs with the power. And as we have seen the FA can do whatever they like.
      I thought PSG are bank rolled so they wouldnt meet the criteria.Real are "sponsored" by the Spanish Government in a flimsy relationship which seems them borrow when they need money and pay it back when they can.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #76: Sep 06, 2012 12:12:06 pm
      In Australia a couple of years ago, when the Melbourne Storm (RL) were found guilty of breaching the salary cap, they were forced to play for the rest of the season for no points.  Of course as they have no relegation or promotion it worked, but they did then have till the end of the season to sort out their situation - either release players or reduce contracts.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #77: Sep 06, 2012 12:27:11 pm
      I thought PSG are bank rolled so they wouldnt meet the criteria.Real are "sponsored" by the Spanish Government in a flimsy relationship which seems them borrow when they need money and pay it back when they can.

I really think we will see pressure from the traditional powers on the FA to put sanctions on City and Chelski.
      The Kopite91
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,654 posts | 246 
      Reply #78: Sep 06, 2012 12:35:49 pm
      No abuse, every village needs its simple man.  :P

I posted in another thread how I yearn for the day we can be fans again and not amateur accountants.

Amateur!?!? At the rate we're going we'll be the best around. The club has sacked all the accountants, they just check on here every few days to see how much we have! :f_tongueincheek:

Seriously though, it does feel like, along with Arsenal, we're the only ones getting ready for this. Is it the big boys trying to call UEFA's bluff or are we resting the future of our club on a UEFA PR scheme?
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #79: Sep 06, 2012 03:47:43 pm
      Out of 92 league teams how many do you think would meet the criteria?

This proposal is for the PREMIER LEAGUE which is completely different from the other leagues run by the FA, hence the term BREAKAWAY when the Premier league was first set up.

The championship already have rules similar to this in place.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #80: Sep 06, 2012 04:03:31 pm
      As much as we want/need this to be enforced its very unlikely it will be.

I read a quote from Zlatan Imbrahimovic's agent in world socceragazine the other day saying " nobody gets anywhere listening to UEFA"
      Regarding PSG..

I'd love it to come in. Not just for our sake but for the sake of the game which is being ruined by money.

But the chances? Unlikely.

I heard Platini talking the other day ( whose baby this is) and he was directly asked about PSGs spending.. He mumbled and blanked the answer and went on to talk about a "bigger issue" that some of the worlds leagues were not taking the 5 officials seriously and that's if they didn't then that leagues refs wouldn't be invited to do UEFA games..

Priorities? Or knows FFP isn't enforceable and they couldn't afford to upset the likes of Madrid Chelsea PSG etc..
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #81: Sep 06, 2012 04:07:17 pm
      As much as we want/need this to be enforced its very unlikely it will be.

I read a quote from Zlatan Imbrahimovic's agent in world socceragazine the other day saying " nobody gets anywhere listening to UEFA"
      Regarding PSG..

I'd love it to come in. Not just for our sake but for the sake of the game which is being ruined by money.

But the chances? Unlikely.

I heard Platini talking the other day ( whose baby this is) and he was directly asked about PSGs spending.. He mumbled and blanked the answer and went on to talk about a "bigger issue" that some of the worlds leagues were not taking the 5 officials seriously and that's if they didn't then that leagues refs wouldn't be invited to do UEFA games..

Priorities? Or knows FFP isn't enforceable and they couldn't afford to upset the likes of Madrid Chelsea PSG etc..

Ourselves and utd are looking to approach the Premier League "bosses" with a view to getting an EPL FFP system in place, mostly (I suspect) because utd are pissed off with city splashing the cash.
      It's said that 17 out of the 20 clubs support the idea, and if it is driven by utd there is little doubt it will succeed.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #82: Sep 06, 2012 04:16:34 pm
      Ourselves and utd are looking to approach the Premier League "bosses" with a view to getting an EPL FFP system in place, mostly (I suspect) because utd are pissed off with city splashing the cash.
      It's said that 17 out of the 20 clubs support the idea, and if it is driven by utd there is little doubt it will succeed.

Yeah that's a different matter and I don't think the figure is as high as 17... Im sure I heard when the talk of Rangers and Celtic coming down would require a vote from the club chairmen and the figure was around 14..

But let's face it the only ones who would vote no are city and Chelsea so it could be 18...

Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #83: Sep 06, 2012 04:19:38 pm
      Yeah that's a different matter and I don't think the figure is as high as 17... Im sure I heard when the talk of Rangers and Celtic coming down would require a vote from the club chairmen and the figure was around 14..

But let's face it the only ones who would vote no are city and Chelsea so it could be 18...

Just going off what was reported mate.
      Obviously ignored Dave Whelans input ;)
      Stevie-G
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,730 posts |
      Reply #84: Sep 06, 2012 04:23:17 pm

Would add QPR and Southampton here.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #85: Sep 06, 2012 05:31:45 pm
      It would suit UTD with 76,000 at Old Trafford every game that in itself is a huge advantage over us.
      How would the rules impact on our ability to finance a new stadium for instance.How do UTD qualify with such huge debts?.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #86: Sep 06, 2012 07:32:08 pm
      Just going off what was reported mate.
      Obviously ignored Dave Whelans input ;)

Does this look like a face that would tell a lie?

corballyred
      • Banned

• 17,707 posts | 307 
      Reply #87: Sep 06, 2012 07:37:46 pm
      Have Zenit being ignored with their owners being the main champions league sponsors for the next 3 years
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,972 posts | 3057 
      Reply #88: Sep 06, 2012 07:56:17 pm

Does this look like a face that would tell a lie?

Looks like the face of the man who employs the man Liverpool wanted as manager....no wait it's the man who employs the man that ran down a Miami st buying coffee for the man who did employ the Liverpool manager
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #89: Sep 06, 2012 08:04:26 pm
      Looks like the face of the man who employs the man Liverpool wanted as manager....no wait it's the man who employs the man that ran down a Miami st buying coffee for the man who did employ the Liverpool manager

Im confused

Im a Dude Playing A Dude Disguised as Another Dude
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #90: Sep 06, 2012 08:14:11 pm
      I have enough of Accountants, Profit and Loss Sheets and Balance sheets at work!!!

Its Accrual world...
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #91: Sep 06, 2012 08:21:20 pm

Hey... If the Wheel said it happened... It happened...

You know if I were sunbathing in 40 degree heat and DW told me it was raining....

I'm fetching my raincoat..

Quick Reply