Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199459 times
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1219: Sep 05, 2014 08:38:26 am
      Happened against Spurs, he had less touches than Balotelli as well, just wasn't an outlet for us.  He was our weak link against Spurs, it didn't break, but he was poorest midfielder by some distance.  As I said, he flatters to deceive and he's deceiving a lot. 

What happened? - He was part of a midfield that completely shut them out again......You dont like him I get it but stop making up things like he gets bullied off the ball and now just wasnt an outlet.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1220: Sep 05, 2014 09:45:58 am
      Happened against Spurs, he had less touches than Balotelli as well, just wasn't an outlet for us.  He was our weak link against Spurs, it didn't break, but he was poorest midfielder by some distance.  As I said, he flatters to deceive and he's deceiving a lot. 

That's absolute garbage mate. I'm the first one to criticise a player for a poor performance and Allen has had his share but I have to defend him on this occasion he put in a good shift linked play well and won us a penalty. Your obvious dislike of Allen as a player makes your analysis of his performance look completely biased to anyone reading.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1221: Sep 05, 2014 11:46:38 am
      I've watched the Spurs game 3 times now, he's on the periphery of the game for the majority of the time he's on the pitch.  Nothing to do with like or dislike whatsoever.  He did a couple of decent tackles, won a penalty, that I'm not disputing or saying wasn't a good part of his game, but he certainly wasn't involved very much over his 60 minutes. Much prefer him from the bench than starting, if I disliked him, why would I even want him playing an impact sub role? 
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1222: Sep 05, 2014 12:26:54 pm
      look completely biased to anyone reading.

C'mon man don't put words in my mouth, give your own account.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1223: Sep 20, 2014 11:20:52 am
      I think we're missing Joe.

Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #1224: Sep 20, 2014 04:59:48 pm
      I think he is starting to become a big piece of our team, kind of like how Henderson is.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #1225: Sep 20, 2014 09:03:33 pm

HOW DARE YOU SAY SOMETHING POSITIVE ABOUT JOE ALLEN?!?! ;D

But yes, we are. Agreed.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1226: Sep 20, 2014 09:17:05 pm

Couldn't do any worse than the midfield we had out there mate but to get the best out of him I don't think you pair him with Henderson and Gerrard, so what would you suggest?

If I was trying to get Joe into the side I'd struggle finding a good balance as I feel Joe's best position is the in between of the staggered 3 with a Lallana/Coutinho/Sterling ahead but don't think he has the legs of a Henderson to fit Gerrard in.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1227: Sep 20, 2014 09:17:51 pm
      Couldn't do any worse than the midfield we had out there mate but to get the best out of him I don't think you pair him with Henderson and Gerrard, so what would you suggest?

If I was trying to get Joe into the side I'd struggle finding a good balance as I feel Joe's best position is the in between of the staggered 3 with a Lallana/Coutinho/Sterling ahead but don't think he has the legs of a Henderson to fit Gerrard in.

A midfield 3 of Lucas, Henderson, Allen.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1228: Sep 20, 2014 09:21:50 pm
      A midfield 3 of Lucas, Henderson, Allen.

Think that lacks creativity mate, don't think Joe or Hendo offer enough at the top of a 3, personally think they compete for the same space in the side but at this moment in time I'd just be happy to see some changes because things aren't working for us.

Sturridge coming back will be a big boost of course.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #1229: Sep 20, 2014 09:26:14 pm
      Think that lacks creativity mate, don't think Joe or Hendo offer enough at the top of a 3, personally think they compete for the same space in the side but at this moment in time I'd just be happy to see some changes because things aren't working for us.

Sturridge coming back will be a big boost of course.

You'll have either Coutinho or Sterling at the tip of the diamond. Should have said that.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1230: Sep 20, 2014 11:45:20 pm
      You'll have either Coutinho or Sterling at the tip of the diamond. Should have said that.

I'd play a diamond as well but Gerrard instead of Lucas.

Gerrard

Henderson         Allen

Sterling

If Can develops  and is worth a start then put him in for Stevie for some games.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1231: Sep 21, 2014 12:17:52 am
      OML suddenly Allen is our saviour. We are a fickle lot  :lmao:

BTW I think Allen is great.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #1232: Sep 21, 2014 12:20:06 am
      OML suddenly Allen is our saviour. We are a fickle lot  :lmao:

BTW I think Allen is great.

Not sure anyone said he's our saviour but right now I think he is ey to getting a grip in midfield.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #1233: Sep 22, 2014 02:57:13 am
      We played better with Allen him and Hendo can outwork opposing midfielders. Thought West Ham ran right through our midfield. There was no player there to thwart that attack. While I will not put the blame on Gerrard (although he has to share some of it) I think Allen or Can will help solidify the center of the pitch.
      TheRedPanda
      • Forum Graeme Souness

• 362 posts | 82 
      Reply #1234: Oct 02, 2014 10:09:51 am
      When the F**k is the lad coming back? We need him right now.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #1235: Oct 03, 2014 10:55:22 am
      Did we ever think we would get to the point that we are missing this lad? Fact is when fit he walks straight into the first team.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #1236: Oct 03, 2014 11:52:25 am
      Did we ever think we would get to the point that we are missing this lad? Fact is when fit he walks straight into the first team.

I've always rated him personally and it's easy to see that he's a huge benefit to our midfield. But it also underscores how fickle our fanbase is.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1237: Oct 03, 2014 12:02:19 pm
      I've always rated him personally and it's easy to see that he's a huge benefit to our midfield. But it also underscores how fickle our fanbase is.

I'm not fickle about Allen, if Joe's the answer I'm not sure I like the question.  Good player, but from the bench, not a starter.  Spends far too many games on the periphery for me.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1238: Oct 03, 2014 01:22:14 pm
      Does anyone know what the status is on all the injuries, Sturridge, Can, Allen etc?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1239: Oct 03, 2014 01:30:15 pm
      Does anyone know what the status is on all the injuries, Sturridge, Can, Allen etc?

Chance of Studge on the bench but Allen and Can down for a return after the internationals. So starting to look better on the injury front.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1240: Oct 03, 2014 01:45:17 pm
      I've always rated him personally and it's easy to see that he's a huge benefit to our midfield.

I agree, I would love to see him play defense midfield instead of the box-box role he plays. I think we'll benefit even more. Saying that, I don't think he's the answer to our problems in midfield and attack.

Beerbelly
      • Banned

• 6,983 posts | 2054 
      Reply #1241: Oct 03, 2014 04:03:59 pm
      Definitely play a diamond with Gerrard, Hendo, Lallana and Sterling. Allen on the bench for Hendo or Lallana. He will bring much legs back to the squad.

Quick Reply