Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199338 times
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1403: Dec 16, 2014 09:59:36 am
      Is Joe Allen the only player who unites us all in that we all thing he is way out of his depth here
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1404: Dec 16, 2014 10:04:13 am
      Can anyone justify why Brendan picks Allen instead of Can because apart from an ego thing, to justify his signing, I really don't get it. Joe Allen is a much much worse player than Can in every respect.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1405: Dec 16, 2014 10:10:11 am
      Can anyone justify why Brendan picks Allen instead of Can because apart from an ego thing, to justify his signing, I really don't get it. Joe Allen is a much much worse player than Can in every respect.

Only one man knows the answer.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1406: Dec 16, 2014 10:12:24 am
      Can only be he didn't want Can in the first place.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #1407: Dec 16, 2014 10:14:08 am

Not saying you're wrong, but how much have you seen of Can to justify that statement? I would start Can for sure, but a few bad games and the fans will turn in him too.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1408: Dec 16, 2014 10:21:31 am

He can't not want Can can he?
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,808 posts | 2449 
      Reply #1409: Dec 16, 2014 10:22:53 am
      Not saying you're wrong, but how much have you seen of Can to justify that statement? I would start Can for sure, but a few bad games and the fans will turn in him too.

Can scored against Chelsea had a decent game haven't seen him since.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #1410: Dec 16, 2014 10:26:34 am

Out of all our summer signings Can was probably one of the best in my opinion, if Brendan can't see that then he really is blind. I also think Markovich is finally getting to grips with the league and I'd be playing him instead of Raheem. Raheem really really needs a rest I feel.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,182 posts | 4404 
      Reply #1411: Dec 16, 2014 10:37:19 am

All seems like grand gesturing at the moment wont end good for Rodgers thats for sure if the leaks came from him or his side.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1412: Dec 16, 2014 08:07:03 pm
      Maybe he is giving his mam or missus a seeing to, might be why he always plays...guilt.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #1413: Dec 16, 2014 08:29:28 pm
      Lightweight, timid and for a supposed neat and tidy sort, really sloppy in possession!!  Time must be up for Joe which in a way is a shame because there is a need for his type of player to keep us ticking over, but he sadly is not the one.

Return to Swansea on the cards perhaps? Unless they see Jonjo as the better player.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1414: Jan 01, 2015 02:16:49 am
      I wouldn't be rushing Allen out of the door he is on very low wages and as long as he can keep his appetite of competing there is no harm of keeping him.   We can do a lot worst than Allen for a squad player. 
      LFC-LCFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,766 posts | 128 
      • Adopted Scouser
      Reply #1415: Jan 18, 2015 04:56:23 pm
      Anyone else noticed that our upturn in form coincides with Allen's injury? Suddenly we actually have some guile in the middle of midfield and it's made a huge difference.

If it were up to me I'd get shut of the lad. I'd have rather had Suso as a squad player, but that's another kettle of BR fish.
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1416: Jan 18, 2015 10:24:17 pm
      Why? Why?  He hasn't done much wrong.  He is an easy target.  He isn't paid that much and is no liability in the squad.  For what we are paying him which apparently under 50k, we can't do much better.  The 15m has gone now lets move on.  We have areas we can improve on in attack, our strikers can be drastically improved, we need a better goalie. 
      asharma.lfc
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 652 posts | 26 
      Reply #1417: Jan 19, 2015 03:23:04 am
      Anyone else noticed that our upturn in form coincides with Allen's injury? Suddenly we actually have some guile in the middle of midfield and it's made a huge difference.

If it were up to me I'd get shut of the lad. I'd have rather had Suso as a squad player, but that's another kettle of BR fish.
      No. I think he is the only player in our squad who can play the Lucas role now. In fact we will be needing him in the coming few weeks with lots of games.

Our form improved when Lovren got injured. It paved the way for Sakho's return.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1418: Jan 19, 2015 03:56:49 am
      yea we're really missing Joe Allen right now.   :roll:

can't believe how we're managing to win without him and his sideways and backward passing, oops, I mean "recycling" of the ball.

He isn't paid that much and is no liability in the squad.  For what we are paying him which apparently under 50k, we can't do much better. 

You still haven't learned how FSG work.  It's not good enough if you "aren't a liability."  players like Lovren, Skrtel etc are a liability.  You're saying we should keep Joe Allen around because, well, he's not doing anything wrong necessarily.  sorry but that is the antithesis of FSG.  Each player has to justify his wages.  Even the player on the lowest wages has to justify it.  And FSG would never agree to the idea of a player literally doing nothing whilst earning £50K a week. 

Get rid of Allen and, say, Borini and you've got £100K of wages freed up for someone like Pogba or Cabaye, who, you know, actually contribute when they play the game called football.  and let's be honest, if Allen leaves and his freed up wages land us a top midfielder like Pogba, it will end up being the biggest contribution Joe has ever made to the club.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #1419: Jan 19, 2015 04:29:57 am
      and you've got £100K of wages freed up for someone like Pogba or Cabaye,

sorry but that is the antithesis of FSG

Now your talking FSG's language.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1420: Jan 24, 2015 04:56:44 pm
      And once again he waltzes into the matchday squad  unfckinbelievable  .
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1421: Jan 24, 2015 05:05:48 pm
      And once again he waltzes into the matchday squad  unfckinbelievable  .
      Jesus christ. You are revolting. If you can't see why he is playing today, you probably should seek medical help.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1422: Jan 24, 2015 05:20:25 pm
      Jesus christ. You are revolting. If you can't see why he is playing today, you probably should seek medical help.

I understand why, it's doesn't mean I have to agree or be confident.  I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1423: Jan 24, 2015 05:23:22 pm
      I understand why, it's doesn't mean I have to agree or be confident.  I hope he proves me wrong, I really do.
      Your comment in the match thread was fine. The comment I replied to is not worthy of a liverpool fan.

Honestly though I don't see why he removes confidence. If anything Allen's problem is he is too conservative.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,348 posts | 1622 
      Reply #1424: Jan 24, 2015 06:11:56 pm
      And wtf makes you a superfan if you think he, s good enough good on you I fvkin dont  revolting grow up you childish tw*t

federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1425: Jan 24, 2015 07:38:20 pm
      Another blinder from our Joe today!

Quick Reply