Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199107 times
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1610: Mar 24, 2015 03:26:44 pm
      We shouldn't lose sight of his performances because of one bad game, he has been outstanding during Lucas' absence and has shown he is an important squad player. However, we have looked unnatural in our possession play since the loss of Lucas. Dropping Allen after a bad game is harsh, but Lucas is the better player and offers a lot more for the team than Allen does, so it should be a no brainer.

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1611: Mar 28, 2015 10:26:27 pm
      So I didn't watch the Wales game, but according to the beeb he was outstanding, narrowly losing out on the MotM award to Bale (who scored twice to be fair).

"The Liverpool man was the cornerstone of a dominant Welsh midfield, passing with unerring accuracy and disrupting Israel with some important tackles and interceptions. 9/10"

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/32101780

PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #1612: Mar 28, 2015 11:33:07 pm
      So I didn't watch the Wales game, but according to the beeb he was outstanding, narrowly losing out on the MotM award to Bale (who scored twice to be fair).

"The Liverpool man was the cornerstone of a dominant Welsh midfield, passing with unerring accuracy and disrupting Israel with some important tackles and interceptions. 9/10"

Yeah, he was fantastic. His passing was very positive, he was always looking to feed balls into attackers than back and side passes. Was very impressed.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1613: Apr 04, 2015 04:10:38 pm
      Joe, you were so bad in the last two matches I'd rather not see your face for the rest of the season. You simply cannot be that bad in two games that big.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #1614: Apr 04, 2015 04:16:19 pm
      We shouldn't lose sight of his performances because of one bad game, he has been outstanding during Lucas' absence and has shown he is an important squad player. However, we have looked unnatural in our possession play since the loss of Lucas. Dropping Allen after a bad game is harsh, but Lucas is the better player and offers a lot more for the team than Allen does, so it should be a no brainer.
      He wasn't outstanding he was just a bit more competent than he'd previously appeared to be.

Being outstanding against Israel, with all due respect, doesn't make you good enough to wear Liverpool Red.

Joe, you were so bad in the last two matches I'd rather not see your face for the rest of the season. You simply cannot be that bad in two games that big.

As it was on day one - the jersey is too heavy and the job is too big.

He's not the problem, but he is a symptom.

As a rule I don't slaughter players - and I'm sure he's nice to his mum - but we need to get real with a few of this squad. Joe is just the most glaringly obvious.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #1615: Apr 04, 2015 04:16:46 pm

You could replace Joe's name in that post with any of our players today. Almost all have been woeful last two games.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #1616: Apr 04, 2015 04:28:32 pm
      You could replace Joe's name in that post with any of our players today. Almost all have been woeful last two games.

Henderson, our captain, was pretty much just invisible. Allen was giving the ball away so much you couldn't miss him
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1617: Apr 04, 2015 07:48:21 pm
      Again showed he is a nothing player.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6358 
      Reply #1618: Apr 04, 2015 09:00:15 pm
      Joe had been consistently solid for a nice stretch up until today...although judging any of them on today's performance won't do them any favors, most everyone was bad today.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #1619: Apr 04, 2015 11:28:45 pm
      Credit when u deserve it Joe, but you don't deserve it for that performance. How the F**k does he keep getting a game? He offers us nothing!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1620: Apr 04, 2015 11:36:02 pm
      Credit when u deserve it Joe, but you don't deserve it for that performance. How the F**k does he keep getting a game? He offers us nothing!

He offered Swansea nothing either, was responsible for breaking down so many of their counter attacks by taking too many touches and passing it sideways or backwards.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #1621: Apr 04, 2015 11:47:12 pm
      Credit when u deserve it Joe, but you don't deserve it for that performance. How the f**k does he keep getting a game? He offers us nothing!

The odd good performance against a crap side and he gets raved about. Not good enough and have never rated him. £15million or whatever was well spent there  :roll:
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #1622: Apr 05, 2015 02:04:23 am
      He offered Swansea nothing either, was responsible for breaking down so many of their counter attacks by taking too many touches and passing it sideways or backwards.

The odd good performance against a crap side and he gets raved about. Not good enough and have never rated him. £15million or whatever was well spent there  :roll:

Exactly lads so what the F**k does Brendan see in him? I just don't get it.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #1623: Apr 05, 2015 03:09:00 am
      It's funny or I was going to say it's funny... but it's not; it's odd- how Allen went from zero to hero recently in this thread and now he is back to zero.
      I have no solution here, I'd like fans to decide once and for all should he stay or should he go?
      Decisions need to be made, our decisions are pretty meaningless but at the club, mighty decisions need to be made.
      Who is past it? Who is not good enough? Where to wisely spend the funds we generate?
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #1624: Apr 05, 2015 06:13:43 am
      For me he should go, a couple of games a season playing well is not good enough. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't protect the defence, he has no forward passes and he's too lightweight for the Premiership.

I'll be OK if he's sold in the off season.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #1625: Apr 05, 2015 06:54:00 am
      For me he should go, a couple of games a season playing well is not good enough. He doesn't score goals, he doesn't protect the defence, he has no forward passes and he's too lightweight for the Premiership.

You're not alone.
      RedWilly
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,178 posts | 1630 
      Reply #1626: Apr 05, 2015 08:22:50 am
      Joe Allen is an absolute microcosm of everything that's wrong at Liverpool right now.

A completely average player, who should be nowhere near our club, a complete waste of money, yet somehow continues to get his name on the teamsheet.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #1627: Apr 05, 2015 08:55:13 am
      Against mediocre teams it's not hard to play decent, but where the real quality of a player stands out is in crucial games. Joe Headless Chicken Allen showed again his limits against a good side, he's a liability, can't play football if his life depends on it, can't shoot, can't defend, can't see a pass, he's F***ing useless.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1628: Apr 05, 2015 03:41:56 pm

Im amazed mate at how so many have come to accept such an ordinary player as good enough to play in a liverpool midfield  nothing against the guy but hes just too lightweight  and its plain to see .
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1629: Apr 06, 2015 12:07:57 am
      nothing against the guy but hes just too lightweight  and its plain to see .

I don't think it's just him being lightweight.  it's a mentality issue.  I mean Sterling and Coutinho are both much smaller than Joe but they don't let themselves get bullied around like he does.  so it's not about being lightweight IMO.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,341 posts | 1620 
      Reply #1630: Apr 06, 2015 01:04:11 am
      I don't think it's just him being lightweight.  it's a mentality issue.  I mean Sterling and Coutinho aress both much smaller than Joe but they don't let themselves get bullied around like he does.  so it's not about being lightweight IMO.

Sometimes the burden of expectation  is too much for some im not going to rubbish the player because he has had the odd moment  but moments are not good enough for this club , when I say lightweight I dont just mean body stature I mean the whole cabush  you have to have the bollox to fight till the end and not go missing  sadly he goes missing far too often amd that is just not good enough,, not when you have seen some of the players in midfield we have had  perhaps us as fans have been spoilt but when the bar has been raised its fcking hard to see it lowered to championship levels
      FATKOPITE10
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,385 posts | 3394 
      • Liverpool fc give me tourettes
      Reply #1631: Apr 06, 2015 02:03:49 am
      Think there should be a Joe Allen swingometer here, from the praise after the citeh game to now where he is useless again, how fickle football can be
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,689 posts | 6691 
      Reply #1632: Apr 07, 2015 06:36:25 am
      Im amazed mate at how so many have come to accept such an ordinary player as good enough to play in a liverpool midfield  nothing against the guy but hes just too lightweight  and its plain to see .

I'm amazed too mate, a couple of good games a season just doesn't cut it at the Top level.

Quick Reply