Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 16th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W16 D7 L8

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 198986 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: Joe Allen Player Thread
      Reply #1817: Oct 30, 2015 09:09:06 am
      I want to give all players the opportunity for Klopp to play them nut he still frustrates me the way a strong wind knocks him over and his passing is just awful and he cant tackle. But give him a chance

It was nice to see Klopp give him a proper arm around the shoulder and try to pick his chin off the floor. Joe keep looking down even then, like no amount of encouragement could life the despair. I think he knows his time here is up to be honest.

Joe was given his chance to impress and he hasn't, now we have the likes of Tex and Chiravella who are worth investing the time in to develop. Henderson will be back, the future is bleak for wee Joe and perhaps Jan might be too soon, or perhaps not but I think he has at least one foot out the exit right now.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1818: Nov 01, 2015 10:16:03 pm
      Its the wrong system for Joe, he'd be best in a 4 2 3.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1819: Nov 01, 2015 10:20:04 pm
      Its the wrong system for Joe, he'd be best in a 4 2 3.

I get your point but at this point I think Joe might be better suited to a 7 Eleven.
      vulcan_red
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,580 posts | 212 
      Reply #1820: Nov 01, 2015 10:52:24 pm
      I get your point but at this point I think Joe might be better suited to a 7 Eleven.

That's good. Poor guy has made a career of square passes in defence and midfield ..... in football!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1821: Nov 06, 2015 10:36:15 pm
      Klopp really seems to like Joe.

Very worrisome.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,139 posts | 4894 
      Reply #1822: Nov 06, 2015 11:13:32 pm

Very worrisome.

If like most of us you think Klopp is as good as we think he is maybe you should trust his judgement in these early stages instead of moaning because he might 'like' a player you dont?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1823: Nov 06, 2015 11:20:17 pm
      If like most of us you think Klopp is as good as we think he is maybe you should trust his judgement in these early stages instead of moaning because he might 'like' a player you dont?

I was calling for Rodgers to be sacked very early on so no one is happier about Klopp being here than I am.

But I draw a line at Joseph.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1824: Nov 06, 2015 11:22:04 pm
      I was calling for Rodgers to be sacked very early on so no one is happier about Klopp being here than I am.

But I draw a line at Joseph.

So there is a line then? Going to shut up about Henderson then once and for all?
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #1825: Nov 06, 2015 11:25:53 pm
      So there is a line then? Going to shut up about Henderson then once and for all?

Henderson and Allen are about the same level. i.e., neither being good enough to play in midfield for our club.

Our club that not too long ago had a midfield three of Xabi, Masch and Stevie---all in their prime.

Now we're stuck singing the praises of Henderson and Allen.

You don't see anything wrong with that?
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #1826: Nov 07, 2015 03:18:03 am
      Yeh that was an awesome midfield but the team had Dirk Kuyt in it.  And Henderson has similarities. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley
      • Started Topic

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #1827: Nov 07, 2015 04:17:36 am
      Henderson and Allen are about the same level. i.e., neither being good enough to play in midfield for our club.

:D

From the guy who thinks Emre Can is our best CM. Funny.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #1828: Nov 07, 2015 05:38:55 am

Very worrisome.

I actually think Klopp wants to instill the confidence in the players who need it the most. He's been doing that with Ibe, and it seems to work well.
      But unlike Brendan, I believe Klopp will not show favor towards any particular player regardless of how he performs.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #1829: Nov 07, 2015 07:27:02 am
      To be fair Pirlo Allen hasn't been playing too badly under Klopp - every player gets a fresh slate and all that jazz...

If he turns Allen into a world beater then fair bloody play to him, I would rather this than we go out looking for a player who may or may not make it.
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #1830: Nov 07, 2015 07:35:27 am
      Klopp seemed to be dishing out a bit of stick to Joe, from the sidelines, during the Rubin Kazan match.  Several times he needed to be told not to press on his own, if I was interpreting Klopp's hand gestures and was lip reading correctly.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #1831: Nov 07, 2015 09:28:42 am
      Klopp seemed to be dishing out a bit of stick to Joe, from the sidelines, during the Rubin Kazan match.  Several times he needed to be told not to press on his own, if I was interpreting Klopp's hand gestures and was lip reading correctly.

He was certainly digging in to him. I noticed Klopp has given Joe plenty of attention after the match but it's also very clear that the lad is extremely low on confidence. At one point Klopp literally had to lift his head up from staring at the floor, even then he barely made eye contact with Jürgen.

I don't think Allen will ever make it at this club, I think he's had long enough to try and prove himself and has failed, it doesn't stop me admiring Jürgen for trying to bring the best out of him, afterall that's his job. If it results in us getting a slightly better Joe Allen for the times he needs to be called upon then it makes perfect sense and I'm not sure why Fed would have issue with it. Liking someone and trying to get their confidence up does not translate to giving him starting minutes in the first XI in crucial games, as we've seen Joe was hauled off after just 45 early on. Jürgen is simply doing his best to get the best out of all the squad not just those in the match day squad and I commend him for that.

waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #1832: Nov 07, 2015 02:53:24 pm
      ~He has been good enough to allow players like Joe Allen to show him what he can do. He was a lot better on thursday but the weaknesses still shine through.He can actually be blown off the ball by a strong gust of wind. But we need all of our players to think they are in the mix for a shirt so if joe can improve and convince Klopp he is the man then so be it
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #1833: Nov 07, 2015 08:13:56 pm

Our club that not too long ago had a midfield three of Xabi, Masch and Stevie---all in their prime.

Now we're stuck singing the praises of Henderson and Allen.

You don't see anything wrong with that?

Well, Joe played very well on thursday. If he can keep playing that well, he will have earned the right to be called a very good player.

Henderson is an excellent player so I won't even start there. It just makes people disregard your opinion when chat such obvious sh*te. You just aren't able to admit you were wrong, are you?
      marska43
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | 14 
      Reply #1834: Nov 09, 2015 05:49:45 pm
      I hope Joe starts for us against City. His best games in a Liverpool shirt have come against City on multiple occasions. After what we have seen from Can recently, it's a no brainer that Joe slides in with Lucas.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #1835: Nov 09, 2015 11:49:15 pm
      I hope Joe starts for us against City. His best games in a Liverpool shirt have come against City on multiple occasions. After what we have seen from Can recently, it's a no brainer that Joe slides in with Lucas.

True that. Done excellently against City in the past. Remember his Anfield debut which we should have won 2-1 but for a calamitous late equaliser for City. He was superb that day.

Thought maybe we could have done with him yesterday. Thought we lost our way in the second half largely down to is deciding to play with Palace's end to end game rather than take control of the pace and slow it down a bit. The frenetic pace only suited a Palace team who looked much the fitter by the end. That said, we still shouldn't have lost it even with a fitness deficit. We just need to cut out the errors.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #1836: Nov 19, 2015 03:24:49 pm
      nope just dont see him as a top player he suited swansea and raking up them passing stats just siting in their picking off easy balls but now we are asking for more from him he seems to struggle

we need him to be creating goals, tackling more, scoring goals as he's no way a DM or a no 10 so what is he??

no hate towards him and i really do hope this beard and long hair makes him some italian beast in the middle he looks like but i think he will be a casualty next summer
      TheleftpegofRayKennedy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,034 posts | 334 
      Reply #1837: Nov 28, 2015 12:35:16 pm
      Not a popular player at the moment, and he's had a tough time, but am I alone in thinking Joe played well on Thursday against Bordeaux?  Having watched the full game again this morning, we fell apart when he was subbed.

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #1838: Nov 30, 2015 12:24:43 pm
      Could this be the end of Allens playing career at LFC, you would have thought with Lucas out if Allen doesn't get into the team then the future is bleak for him.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #1839: Nov 30, 2015 12:51:39 pm
      Could this be the end of Allens playing career at LFC, you would have thought with Lucas out if Allen doesn't get into the team then the future is bleak for him.

It depends which way you look at it. The only player I saw being dropped for him is Can and he's had a good few games recently. I think we'll see Allen pick up some minutes against Southampton.

Quick Reply