Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 28th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P26 W11 D3 L12

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 198367 times
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Re: Joe Pirlo Allen Player Thread
      Reply #2093: May 08, 2016 06:24:04 pm
      Really hope we keep this lad very useful squad player but ffs Joe get a haircut and a shave
      jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,293 posts | 177 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #2094: May 08, 2016 07:36:21 pm
      Really hope we keep this lad very useful squad player but ffs Joe get a haircut and a shave

What the hell? Please no.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Samson
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,300 posts | 3869 
      Reply #2095: May 08, 2016 07:55:34 pm

Agreed, keep the hair and beard.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2096: May 09, 2016 09:59:57 am
      He plays better with the hair and beard. It must give him confidence, especially when oether players mistake him for a continental player. Many players have been much worse after a haircut. If I remember right, Drogba got a haircut and was not very good until his hair grew back again.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #2097: May 09, 2016 07:55:58 pm
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #2098: May 09, 2016 08:05:14 pm
      If the club is so impressed with his play then why have they not signed him up to a new contract?  Don't give me that bollocks about "oh but Jürgen said we will wait until the summer," we have signed players to new contracts during the season many times before.

Looks to me like they are talking him up to try to increase his value for potential buyers. 
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #2099: May 09, 2016 08:11:20 pm
      If the club is so impressed with his play then why have they not signed him up to a new contract?  Don't give me that bollocks about "oh but Jürgen said we will wait until the summer," we have signed players to new contracts during the season many times before.

Looks to me like they are talking him up to try to increase his value for potential buyers. 

Why is it bollocks? Because you said so? That makes absolutely no sense, just because you try and present something as a fact, doesn't make it one.

It could be Joe's choice as well, been more than a player or three that have put off contract talks until the summer break. As for me, I think he's off, as I believe he wants regular football and I don't think he'll get that here. Happy if he wants to stay and play a bit part though.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2100: May 12, 2016 11:41:40 am
      Another game changing performance off the bench from Joe last night.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #2101: May 12, 2016 12:01:42 pm
      Why is it bollocks? Because you said so? That makes absolutely no sense, just because you try and present something as a fact, doesn't make it one.

It could be Joe's choice as well, been more than a player or three that have put off contract talks until the summer break. As for me, I think he's off, as I believe he wants regular football and I don't think he'll get that here. Happy if he wants to stay and play a bit part though.

It doesn't have to be a bit part though does it? Klopp himself admitted this week that he's learned to rotate his squad. We've seen it this season were the league, cup and European games have each had different teams playing in them so he could quite easily find himself playing a major role and getting just as many games as Milner or Can as the squad is rotated. Given his ability to control a game he seems a more natural choice for starting in European away fixtures with other, more dynamic players figuring at home. We need a big squad to compete across all fronts and a talented squad to do that successfully. There is nothing to assume he needs to play a bit part role with us. I just hope he, and the club, realise that.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2102: May 12, 2016 02:07:25 pm
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,048 posts | 6294 
      Reply #2103: May 12, 2016 02:13:01 pm
      harrydunn08

• 5,915 posts | 957 
      Reply #2104: May 12, 2016 04:10:30 pm
      :lmao:

That has to be Darren Farley right?

I think so. He has a few others that are basically the same thing -- did one of the penalty Wee Joe scored a while back that was pretty funny :)
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2105: May 16, 2016 12:44:12 am
      Wasn't West Broms goal today from Allen being careless and kicking it to West Brom? Was not in match thread, but it looks like Klopp got it right to leave him out EL final if he is gonna do stuff like that again.
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2106: May 16, 2016 05:13:57 am
      Wasn't West Broms goal today from Allen being careless and kicking it to West Brom? Was not in match thread, but it looks like Klopp got it right to leave him out EL final if he is gonna do stuff like that again.

He left Allen out of the final? F**k me I missed the match, thought it was Wednesday.
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #2107: May 16, 2016 08:07:24 am
      He left Allen out of the final? F**k me I missed the match, thought it was Wednesday.
      anyone who played yesterday aint playing in the final. You already know that!
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,659 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #2108: May 16, 2016 03:32:45 pm

anyone who played yesterday aint playing in the final. You already know that!

Riby is right on this. Allen missed out in the final. Everyone said it in the live thread.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2109: May 16, 2016 03:46:53 pm

Has the rules changed for the final, are we not allowed any subs? :p
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2110: May 16, 2016 03:50:05 pm
      Has the rules changed for the final, are we not allowed any subs? :p

Not if the subs are named Allen apparently.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,743 posts | 2436 
      Reply #2111: May 19, 2016 12:39:17 pm
      I think Allen has been hard done by under Klopp.

Klopp should have realised Moreno wasn't good enough for a Europeon cup final, played Milner at LB and started Allen.

Or alternatively taken Cou off early in the 2nd for Joe when it was obvious he was adding zero value in the match.

Joe deserved better given his performances this season.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2112: May 19, 2016 12:47:40 pm

Klopp should have realised Moreno wasn't good enough for a Europeon cup final, played Milner at LB and started Allen.

Or alternatively taken Cou off early in the 2nd for Joe when it was obvious he was adding zero value in the match.

I agree. I also think Klopp doesn't fancy him and we'll be seeing Joe at another club :(
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2113: May 19, 2016 12:51:59 pm
      I sadly agree with the last couple of posts by Baz and Monkey. I don't see Allen at the club for very much longer and while I think this is a real shame I think it's because he believes other players he is looking looking at (Zielinski, Grujic) have a higher roof of performance/greater potential. That is a risk particularly given the performances Allen has shown since Christmas. Regardless of what happens he's served Liverpool with dignity and has shown his class under Klopp.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #2114: May 19, 2016 12:52:28 pm

I agree.

I love Klopp as much as the next person but we can't afford to be waiting until the game is over to be making key changes.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,172 posts | 4401 
      Reply #2115: May 19, 2016 12:59:19 pm
      Hindsight is a great thing but who can say with certainty Allen would have made the difference.

Quick Reply