Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Joe Pirlo Allen (Liverpool -> Stoke)

Read 199283 times
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Re: Joe Pirlo Allen Player Thread
      Reply #2139: Jun 20, 2016 10:31:59 pm
      That was the best display by Joe by a country mile passing tackling keeping midfield ticking over well done  Joe .
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #2140: Jun 20, 2016 10:41:24 pm
      That was the best display by Joe by a country mile passing tackling keeping midfield ticking over well done  Joe .

Fantastic, wasn't it? Makes you wonder if Klopp should look into a 3 man midfielder with Allen as one of the players in there. Since Klopp joined, he hasn't let anyone down and probably has been our best/consistent midfielder.
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2141: Jun 20, 2016 10:46:23 pm
      Nobody messes with Joe...nobody

andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,345 posts | 1620 
      Reply #2142: Jun 20, 2016 10:51:27 pm
      Fantastic, wasn't it? Makes you wonder if Klopp should look into a 3 man midfielder with Allen as one of the players in there. Since Klopp joined, he hasn't let anyone down and probably has been our best/consistent midfielder.
      Just looks a different player  I honestly didn't think he had this level of performance in him , wether it's Klopp or not Joe has definitely kicked on .
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #2143: Jun 20, 2016 10:52:25 pm
      He's the king, he's the master. He's Joe Allen! One of the stars of the tournament!!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #2144: Jun 20, 2016 11:49:27 pm
      He's the cock of the walk for sure.

Son Of A Gun

• 5,187 posts | 1269 
      Reply #2145: Jun 21, 2016 12:23:40 am
      He's been brilliant - and what a worldie of a pass to Ramsey! Well played Joe!

Let's hope he remains at Liverpool.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2146: Jun 21, 2016 01:09:10 am
      I have watched all 3 of the Wales games and Joe has been key to Wales and how they play.

He reminds me a little of Modric (not in the same class) but certainly a huge influence on how Wales dictate play.

I would keep him here at least until January.
      biki
      • Never negative about anything. Apart from LFC, Klopp, etc etc.
      • Forum John Barnes

• 419 posts | 47 
      Reply #2147: Jun 21, 2016 03:55:57 pm
      Really hope he stays
      king kenny
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 3,121 posts | 450 
      Reply #2148: Jun 21, 2016 04:20:24 pm
      He is definitely a player we should be wanting to keep.  The reason I say wantng is because it is him that needs to commit himself.  He has been at the club and has always given his best.  He has had so many stop starts with injuries but has presented himself with total professionalism, not made any fuss.  He is at the age that he can be forgiven for wanting to play regular football.  Will he get that opportunity here it depends on his luck which hasn't been good here. 

The thing is if he wants to carry on competing for his position we have an excellent player on our books.  I think it is a key ingredient to any squad to have players that are so determined and produce such results from the bench.   
      RedPuppy
      • Still European.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 19,253 posts | 2855 
      • Parum Rutilus Canis: Illegitimi non carborundum
      Reply #2149: Jun 21, 2016 09:42:08 pm
      AZPatriot

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #2150: Jun 21, 2016 10:20:18 pm

Joe is blowing up globally now......We'll keep him as FSG probably sees new opportunities for branding.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2151: Jun 21, 2016 10:57:05 pm
      He's the king, he's the master. He's Joe Allen! One of the stars of the tournament!!!

He actually is :D

Phenomenal. Probably only shaded by Iniesta for midfielder of the tournament (pure midfielders, not attackers or wingers like Payet).
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #2152: Jun 22, 2016 02:35:56 am
      He actually is :D

Phenomenal. Probably only shaded by Iniesta for midfielder of the tournament (pure midfielders, not attackers or wingers like Payet).

Modric surely has to be.

Iniesta was horrid this morning.

Completely anonymous.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #2153: Jun 22, 2016 03:09:57 am

;D
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #2154: Jun 22, 2016 05:18:48 am
      Modric surely has to be.

Iniesta was horrid this morning.

Completely anonymous.

Modric missed this morning's game so can't say he deserves it ahead of Joe or Iniesta. Iniesta wasn't even bad, just didn't have the same influence he normally does. Cesc ran the show in the first half.

Plenty of special mentions like Xhaka, Kroos and Hamsik, too.
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2155: Jun 22, 2016 08:58:14 am
      Not long turned 26 has Joe... the age at which many footballers enter their prime. A very successful Irish League manager once told me "they stop being 'boys' at 25/26, have learned the game and how to use their natural talent". I guess this holds true of Joe.

He's having a great tournament (on top of a fine season) and long may it continue: I'm chuffed for the lad.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #2156: Jun 22, 2016 09:13:48 am
      Not long turned 26 has Joe... the age at which many footballers enter their prime. A very successful Irish League manager once told me "they stop being 'boys' at 25/26, have learned the game and how to use their natural talent". I guess this holds true of Joe.

He's having a great tournament (on top of a fine season) and long may it continue: I'm chuffed for the lad.

Pity we're going to sell him back to the club we signed him from for half the price.

Classic LFC!
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4906 
      Reply #2157: Jun 22, 2016 10:14:52 am

Me too Mouse.

Always been a big fan of Joe's and I'd love it if he stayed with us next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #2158: Jun 22, 2016 12:37:46 pm
      Me too Mouse.

Always been a big fan of Joe's and I'd love it if he stayed with us next season.

Agree, seems like a solid, grounded guy and contrary to his size, has found a way to play "big".
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #2159: Jun 22, 2016 01:49:30 pm
      Joe is probably in the form of his life in this tournament, and sometimes that can do things to a footballer. He's proving on the biggest stage (as much to himself as anyone and I've a hunch that's important here) that he can cut it up against top class midfielders. His through ball to Ramsey for Wales first goal v Russia for example was the pass of the tournament so far in my view, and he appears to growing in stature by the minute. Against England up against our so called finest he was as good as anything else on the pitch, and I can't help thinking if we was in the Italian or the Spanish team we would be in raptures about him.

Should we keep him though? Well it's a tricky one. I suppose the answer is that if we don't intend to play him regularly we probably should sell, and so it boils down to asking whether or not he gets into our best team. At the moment in the form he is in I would say that yes he does, he is IMHO a better player than Henderson and is different enough to Can to be able to play alongside him. I've always had an inkling (despite the fact Joe has often stunk the place out when he's played there) that his best position will be as the sitter, the pivot, the "Pirlo". It could be now that with his new found confidence he could even challenge Can in there, or perhaps even release the German to be more "box to box" (where once again I see him longer term).

My guess is though that we will have an unhappy player on our hands if he stays as Jürgen doesn't see him in our first eleven. Not only that, any fee we would get for him will be wiped off. Because of that I'd say it is likely he will be sold for around 7-8 million. We might end up regretting it IMHO, and whoever buys him for that is getting an absolute f****** bargain.   
      bad boy bubby
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,564 posts | 3172 
      • @KaiserQueef
      Reply #2160: Jun 22, 2016 02:29:08 pm
      Selling a player, who you bought because he had potential, when he's on the cusp of maturing enough to fulfill that potential, seems counter intuitive to me. Will we get better [better now and not just potentially better, that is] than Joe for the money being mentioned? I doubt it.

It will be interesting to see how this plays out.

s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #2161: Jun 22, 2016 02:34:02 pm
      I think if we played a "three" regularly in midfield Joe would be ideal. I don't think he has enough about him to cope in a midfield two.

Love him to stay as he is ideal for that last 20mins role when we are winning but need more control, but I think he will probably decide to go and we won't fight too hard to keep him. 

Quick Reply