Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 60476 times
      little-Luis:)
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #115: Sep 26, 2012 11:08:11 pm
      One thing I loved about him, apart from the obvious pace and trickery, was his unpredictability. He appears as a winger than runs down the outside and cuts in, but his crossing on his left and running on his weaker side around the outside was also pretty good too.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #116: Sep 27, 2012 12:29:12 am
       Certainly looked the part tonight, although the one dampener I would put on it was he was against a right full back who seemed devoid of a clue. Really like the kid though, he's probably got a box full more of tricks that he hasn't shown yet but will when he gets more confident.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #117: Sep 27, 2012 07:44:45 am
      Certainly looked the part tonight, although the one dampener I would put on it was he was against a right full back who seemed devoid of a clue. Really like the kid though, he's probably got a box full more of tricks that he hasn't shown yet but will when he gets more confident.
      I think the same. He has still much to show I guess but he is always willing to go forward and create something out of nothing. He will grow in confidence and might shine for us but he must start in 2 of the next 3EPL games IMO
      Nabil el Zhar
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 132 posts | -1 
      Reply #118: Sep 27, 2012 08:43:54 am
      Highlights : Assaidi & WBA

Oussama Assaidi vs WBA
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6695 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #119: Sep 27, 2012 09:46:54 am
      Wow, my first proper look at this lad. Have we uncovered a gem her. Quick feet, decent crosses all for 3 million pounds, then there's Downing  :-\.

Assaidi all day every day for me please. Going to be huge for us.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #120: Sep 27, 2012 01:29:17 pm
      I thought he was brilliant. Energetic, very quick, looked to take his man on. Good touches as well. Dawson(?)and was shitting bricks every time Assaidi got the ball. Delivered great balls into the box as well.
      lefty1896
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,700 posts | 23 
      • He scores a goal and the kop goes wild...
      Reply #121: Sep 27, 2012 02:17:51 pm
      What a little gem this buy is.  Hungry is the word I would use when describing him. He would have run at that full back all day and night if it was up to him.
      LondonRed83
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 21,581 posts | 3911 
      Reply #122: Sep 27, 2012 07:45:32 pm
      Last night confirmed the boy can play! Loads of effort, good skills, what a bargain.
      RedLFCBlood
      Reply #123: Sep 27, 2012 09:09:46 pm
      Hungry is the word I would use when describing him.

Not surprised he's hungry, he's been fasting for ramadan ;D
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #124: Sep 27, 2012 09:51:10 pm
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #125: Sep 28, 2012 03:20:07 am
      One thing I think we were missing a lot last season was crosses that came on the ground from the byline, not just crosses bombed in from behind the players we're aiming for.  Assaidi showed last night the key difference. 

Remember Blackburn away last season?  Bellamy broke, beat all the defenders, then crossed it practically parallel to Maxi, it was in front of the defenders and Maxi just had to tap it in.  Too often last season everyone just piled in the box, then Downing sat 20 yards back and airmailed it in.  It wasn't aimed at anyone in particular, and it's so telegraphed that the defences aren't caught off guard at all, they just have to pluck it out of the air.

But Assaidi last night showed how much more effective it is if the winger can beat his man to the byline, then cross it just in front of the goal.  The keeper is in no man's land and all it takes is a tap in at the other end (Sahin last night).  Or a defender could hit it in for an own goal.  Any number of things can happen.  The percentages are much higher though that something good will happen.

Last season Downing was our primary winger and he simply couldn't beat his man to get to the byline, so he had to just send long crosses in that most of the time didn't get past the shins of the man marking him, and most of the rest of the time were just sent in to a general area and cleared with relative ease.

Assaidi has the tools to beat the defender, rush to the byline then put it in on the ground.  If Suarez, Gerrard, Sahin, Shelvey, Sterling etc are all rushing the cross then it gives us a much better chance of scoring.

Really hope Assaidi starts on Saturday.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #126: Sep 28, 2012 06:54:27 am
      A liverpool winger with pace who takes on and beats players with trickery, now I never.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #127: Sep 28, 2012 08:20:20 am
      It does not matter if he's not a world class player at least he does what we expect from a winger, unlike Downing. He had a great game and his passing is good from what I've seen and his youtube vidz are quite astonishing. I hope he can turn out to be as good a winger as is Ben Arfa,I think it'e realistic, isn't it?
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #128: Sep 28, 2012 11:36:06 am
      A liverpool winger with pace who takes on and beats players with trickery, now I never.

You wait decades and then two show up at once.
      F***ing typical.
      suso
      • Forum John Toshack

• 272 posts |
      Reply #129: Sep 28, 2012 12:40:30 pm
      It does not matter if he's not a world class player at least he does what we expect from a winger, unlike Downing. He had a great game and his passing is good from what I've seen and his youtube vidz are quite astonishing. I hope he can turn out to be as good a winger as is Ben Arfa,I think it'e realistic, isn't it?

i dont think he will be as good as ben arfa but his attitude should be
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #130: Sep 28, 2012 09:36:50 pm
      i dont think he will be as good as ben arfa but his attitude should be

Christ, I hope his attitude is better than HBA.
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #131: Oct 01, 2012 09:43:44 pm
      At least he's an improvement on the last Moroccan winger we had.
      little-Luis:)

• 7,844 posts | 179 
      Reply #132: Oct 05, 2012 05:53:45 pm
      I know I said in the match thread that I couldn't comment on individual performances as much as it was hard to make out players on the stream, but one thing that kind of did come through was that his final ball was not all that good. Well from what I could see anyways. He is very direct and loves to take on the defender which is lovely to see but I don't think his final ball was all that good last night now.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,480 posts | 231 
      Reply #133: Oct 06, 2012 03:36:21 pm
      I know I said in the match thread that I couldn't comment on individual performances as much as it was hard to make out players on the stream, but one thing that kind of did come through was that his final ball was not all that good. Well from what I could see anyways. He is very direct and loves to take on the defender which is lovely to see but I don't think his final ball was all that good last night now.

Maybe needs more confidence you are right. For £3million compared to Downing, there isnt much difference. But at least Assaidi is willing to run at defenders and go inside and outside.
      TheSturridgeShake
      • Forum Dean Saunders

• 61 posts | 20 
      • JFT96 <3
      Reply #134: Oct 07, 2012 04:51:51 am

Comes across as a Walcott with tricks and a more powerful shot. If he can sort out his final ball a gem has definitely been uncovered.
      almarssad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #135: Oct 13, 2012 11:12:53 pm
      Assaidi played with morocco tonight and he was F***ing amazing !!! he entres in the second Half but he up-down the hole match and morocco score 3 goals with an assist and he was the origin of the two other goals x) But  unfortunately he will participate at CAN 2013 in juanary with Morocco...
      StevieG123

• 9,716 posts | 65 
      Reply #136: Oct 14, 2012 06:07:11 pm
      Damn, forgot he'd be away with Morocco.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #137: Oct 14, 2012 06:31:52 pm
      Damn, forgot he'd be away with Morocco.

Me too.

Quick Reply