Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Oussama Assaidi Player Thread Liverpool > Al Ahli Club

Read 60480 times
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Re: Oussama Assaidi Player Thread
      Reply #368: Jan 31, 2014 10:47:58 pm

Does look like him.

So what though?

He could be back for any number of reasons and I'd have epxected something on the club website before now if he was back.
      Odd Job
      • Banned

• 2,112 posts | 49 
      • Luis Suarez could nutmeg a mermaid
      Reply #369: Jan 31, 2014 10:49:30 pm
      Does look like him.

So what though?

He could be back for any number of reasons and I'd have epxected something on the club website before now if he was back.

Meant to be just staff from the club. Why would he be returning when BR has already left and gone home?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,146 posts | 4897 
      Reply #370: Jan 31, 2014 10:51:01 pm
      Meant to be just staff from the club. Why would he be returning when BR has already left and gone home?

And we've been trying all day year to sign a player who plays where he does.
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #371: Feb 20, 2014 03:09:36 pm
      Hughes has just said Oussama will be out for "4 to 6 weeks" with a knee ligament injury. Shame for the lad when he was doing so well. I don't know if he's ever coming back here but I hope there's no lasting damage, either way.
      harrydunn08
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #372: Mar 26, 2014 01:31:00 pm
      Hughes has just said Oussama will be out for "4 to 6 weeks" with a knee ligament injury. Shame for the lad when he was doing so well. I don't know if he's ever coming back here but I hope there's no lasting damage, either way.

Probably one of the strangest transfers I can remember.  He came for relative peanuts, looked good on the few occasions that he did get to play in the Europa League group games but then fell out of the team for a long period.  His next appearance was as a sub when we were mounting a comeback against Zenit and the change killed our momentum.  He had a brilliant assist during this last preseason and was sent out to Stoke on loan where he has been doing very well and has scored a few stunners.  He's still young, has good pace and skills, and looks like he has what it takes to cut it in the Prem, but you can't help but wonder if he fits into BR's plans....  Just a mind boggling situation ???
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #373: Mar 26, 2014 01:33:43 pm
      Probably one of the strangest transfers I can remember.  He came for relative peanuts, looked good on the few occasions that he did get to play in the Europa League group games but then fell out of the team for a long period.  His next appearance was as a sub when we were mounting a comeback against Zenit and the change killed our momentum.  He had a brilliant assist during this last preseason and was sent out to Stoke on loan where he has been doing very well and has scored a few stunners.  He's still young, has good pace and skills, and looks like he has what it takes to cut it in the Prem, but you can't help but wonder if he fits into BR's plans....  Just a mind boggling situation ???

I think one or two of the stunners he has scored cloud your judgement on how he's done at Stoke. When fit he was in and out the team often on the bench
      I don't think he's good enough. I'm sure we'll take what's on offer for him come summer time
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #374: Mar 26, 2014 02:20:06 pm
      I think one or two of the stunners he has scored cloud your judgement on how he's done at Stoke. When fit he was in and out the team often on the bench
      I don't think he's good enough. I'm sure we'll take what's on offer for him come summer time

At the start of the season he was used rather infrequently as an impact sub.  However, around the start of December he broke into the first 11 and was starting most games up until he got injured, and he played rather well during that stretch.  I'm not suggesting that he has been great at Stoke, merely highlighting that he's an interesting player who has had a very confusing time at LFC thus far.  It will be interesting to see what happens with him in the summer.  I personally don't think he'll be an LFC player this time next year, but I won't complain if he is kept around.  He has to be a better option than Moses!!
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #375: Apr 19, 2014 04:09:38 pm
      He was a strange buy for 1mil and to not even get a sniff from BR similar to Alberto do you think some players are bought in without BR actually choosing them as he's said recently if he's offered a new deal he wants more control over transfers. Think Stoke might take him for 2-3mil which would be good business for both clubs cant see him getting a game next yr. He looks decent but if we are buying CL quality players he wont get a sniff
      NZRed
      • Forum Matt Busby

• 134 posts |
      Reply #376: Apr 22, 2014 09:15:07 pm
      Rodgers does seem to make up his mind on players, then moves accordingly... I'd like to see guys like Assaidi and Coates retained as squad options next season as we will need more depth, but I think their time is up. I think they will head out in the summer along with Reina.

What I struggle with is that we will probably only get 2 mill for Assaidi then spend 6 mill replacing him on a Luis Alberto-type. Sometimes the devil you know is better than a new arrival hyped up from another league. Assaidi has done OK at Stoke Brendan, give him another crack!
      almarssad
      • Forum Youth Player

• 7 posts |
      Reply #377: May 05, 2014 01:02:11 am
      What a match from Assaidi today, so far the best match this season, i leave you with this video http://almarssadpro.com/index.php/ar/multimedia/videos/video/latest/oussamasiidivsfulham2014 from the match, he was really beyond and above all players...
      crzy_jkr@u
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,774 posts | 29 
      • Rebuilding a legacy...Trust, Will, Pride, Respect.
      Reply #378: May 05, 2014 11:47:06 am
      Nothing strange about his transfer, he came from a league that was pretty open, Brendan has given him time to get to know the league.

He needed a steely side like Stoke to get him to be more tenacious, he is now that and I fully expect we retain him. Especially as an option of the bench and league cup games he is the type of player to change a game with 35mins.
      harrydunn08

• 5,917 posts | 957 
      Reply #379: May 05, 2014 02:15:38 pm
      One thing I've noticed about Oussama in the last few games is that his passing has improved a lot this term.  His short passing was pretty sporadic the few times he played for us last season, but this year he has improved and he is playing crisp passes into the feet of his teammates.  His crossing and decision making still leave a little to be desired at times, although everything he tried against Fulham came off!!  I will maintain my stance that I would love to see the lad given a proper chance here next season!  His incredible ball control, dribbling, and ability to glide past defenders could make him a great asset, especially if we can get him on the same page as SaSaSaSaSaS (Suarez & Sturridge & Sterling & Suso & Sakho & Skrtel).  ;D :)
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #380: May 27, 2014 08:43:07 pm
      They need to be careful if they want him off the books. £4.5M - £5.5M would be about right I reckon.

Liverpool demand £7m from Stoke for Oussama Assaidi's services
      Brendan Rodgers is happy to sell winger but is demanding a significant fee for the 25 year-old who impressed on loan at Britannia Stadium last season
      Wanted: Stoke are keen to sign Oussama Assaidi on a permanent deal having taken him on loan last season

Liverpool have told Stoke City to pay a staggering £7 million for winger Oussama Assaidi.

Stoke are planning to sign Assaidi this summer after the Morocco international impressed on loan but have been left stunned by Liverpool's opening valuation.

Liverpool are keen to boost the funds available to manager Brendan Rodgers as they prepare for the Champions League and are determined to raise around £30million through player sales.

Rodgers is happy to sell Assaidi, a £3.5 million signing from Heerenveen in August 2012, but Liverpool are demanding a significant fee for the 25 year-old.

Stoke believe the valuation is unrealistic and are confident of haggling with Liverpool in a bid to lower the price to a more acceptable level.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10858108/Liverpool-demand-7m-from-Stoke-for-Oussama-Assaidis-services.html
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #381: May 27, 2014 08:51:10 pm
      They need to be careful if they want him off the books. £4.5M - £5.5M would be about right I reckon.

Brendan Rodgers is happy to sell winger but is demanding a significant fee for the 25 year-old who impressed on loan at Britannia Stadium last season
      Wanted: Stoke are keen to sign Oussama Assaidi on a permanent deal having taken him on loan last season

Liverpool have told Stoke City to pay a staggering £7 million for winger Oussama Assaidi.

Stoke are planning to sign Assaidi this summer after the Morocco international impressed on loan but have been left stunned by Liverpool's opening valuation.

Liverpool are keen to boost the funds available to manager Brendan Rodgers as they prepare for the Champions League and are determined to raise around £30million through player sales.

Rodgers is happy to sell Assaidi, a £3.5 million signing from Heerenveen in August 2012, but Liverpool are demanding a significant fee for the 25 year-old.

Stoke believe the valuation is unrealistic and are confident of haggling with Liverpool in a bid to lower the price to a more acceptable level.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/liverpool/10858108/Liverpool-demand-7m-from-Stoke-for-Oussama-Assaidis-services.html

Good for us it's about time we started playing hardball.  They're buying a player from a CL Club of course the price went up, that's one of the benefits of being in the CL  ;D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #382: May 27, 2014 08:53:34 pm
      Demanding high is always the way to begin negotiations although I'd say £5m was high for him :D
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,695 posts | 6696 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #383: May 28, 2014 07:27:25 am
      Demanding high is always the way to begin negotiations although I'd say £5m was high for him :D

Agree mate. Everyone keeps screwing us over with price, about time we started high and then work on another figure thats amicable for both.
      The Lark
      • Forum Geoff Strong

• 210 posts | 12 
      Reply #384: Jul 16, 2014 07:50:55 pm
      Seeing reports on Twitter that this is done - £7m.

Anyone got a concrete link?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #385: Aug 05, 2014 03:33:44 pm
      This one has gone very quiet.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #386: Sep 01, 2014 09:01:35 pm
      According to 5 Live he's just turned up at Stoke's training ground. Looks like he's moving on.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #387: Sep 01, 2014 09:17:51 pm
      According to 5 Live he's just turned up at Stoke's training ground. Looks like he's moving on.

Yeah loan move mate, reported earlier on the forum.

Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #388: Sep 01, 2014 09:20:43 pm
      Yeah loan move mate, reported earlier on the forum.

Darn. Not another one.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #389: Oct 01, 2014 10:59:59 pm
      Is he still with us? I think we should give this guy a shot, he never really had the opportunity for us and did well for Stoke.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #390: Oct 01, 2014 11:03:49 pm
      Is he still with us? I think we should give this guy a shot, he never really had the opportunity for us and did well for Stoke.

Ask Sparky if we can have him back, bearing in mind he never gets a game for Stoke Im sure he won't mind.

Quick Reply