Football Manager 2013

Read 42790 times
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Football Manager 2013
      Sep 07, 2012 08:51:45 pm
      Press conference was held a couple of days ago, announcing a few of the new features. Scouting has been redone, directors of football have been added, and 2 new game modes have been included. One is 'classic mode' which is basically a more simple version. The other is challenge mode, which is self explanitory. Press conferences have the tone ability, like team talks now.

Miles said the goal is to release before Christmas, but they say that every year.
      LFC
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,715 posts | 36 
      • In JK I trust! YNWA
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Re: Football Manager 2013
      Reply #2: Sep 27, 2012 10:12:16 pm
      2nd of November release date.
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #3: Oct 03, 2012 09:15:00 am
      Official website shows

"Released on November 2nd.
      Pre-order Football Manager 2013 and receive early access to the beta version, which will be available around two weeks before the game's release."

does this mean we can only get the demo if we "pre-order"
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #4: Oct 04, 2012 08:04:28 am
      Hopefully they improve the match engine infinite amounts. Never got in to fm12. So many little annoying bugs.
      beswick83
      • Forum Youth Player

• 22 posts |
      Reply #5: Oct 09, 2012 12:55:45 am
      Football Manager 2005 was a shock to the system for Championship Manager fans. What version shall we take? EA sports(Fifa manager) Codemasters(LMA) It ended up obvious though! Football Manager has been my adiction (after Liverpool FC) since then and it doesnt look like stopping. Bring on finding the new Wonderkids. The next Vrsalkjo, Neymar, Nangis, or Sterling. Try to find the Formation, Tactic, Philosophy that suits your team. Does the media influence really work? These are the questions that get the FM13 release date of 2.11.2012 get me so excited. my misses is kicken off already cos ive booked 2 weeks off work.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #6: Oct 15, 2012 05:54:55 pm
      Football Manager 2005 was a shock to the system for Championship Manager fans. What version shall we take? EA sports(Fifa manager) Codemasters(LMA) It ended up obvious though! Football Manager has been my adiction (after Liverpool FC) since then and it doesnt look like stopping. Bring on finding the new Wonderkids. The next Vrsalkjo, Neymar, Nangis, or Sterling. Try to find the Formation, Tactic, Philosophy that suits your team. Does the media influence really work? These are the questions that get the FM13 release date of 2.11.2012 get me so excited. my misses is kicken off already cos ive booked 2 weeks off work.

Haha love your enthusiasm for the game mate! I've been playing it since Championship Manager 00-01, and the first one I got really addicted to was CM 01-02 (possibly the best version of the game ever, considering the technological restrictions of each year).

Football Manager 2008 was another highlight for me, it was extremely addictive.

Can't wait for FM 2013 now. Just pre-ordered it via Steam.
      Neston_Red
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 900 posts |
      Reply #7: Oct 15, 2012 09:02:27 pm
      I will definitely buy it this year.
      crouchinho
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 42,508 posts | 2620 
      • TU TA LOUCO? FILHO DA PUTA!
      Reply #8: Oct 16, 2012 06:05:39 am
      Haha love your enthusiasm for the game mate! I've been playing it since Championship Manager 00-01, and the first one I got really addicted to was CM 01-02 (possibly the best version of the game ever, considering the technological restrictions of each year).

Football Manager 2008 was another highlight for me, it was extremely addictive.

Can't wait for FM 2013 now. Just pre-ordered it via Steam.

08 was so ridiculously addictive. I remember my Atletico Madrid career had about 5 months playing time total. Insane.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #9: Oct 18, 2012 03:41:56 pm
      08 was so ridiculously addictive. I remember my Atletico Madrid career had about 5 months playing time total. Insane.

I played a lot of online (network) FM 08 with Ingo and some other friends during our vacations. It was ridiculous the amount of time we spent in the game, like nearly whole days dedicated to the game and the game only.

Now counting the minutes for FM13 release!
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #10: Oct 18, 2012 04:57:36 pm
      I played a lot of online (network) FM 08 with Ingo and some other friends during our vacations. It was ridiculous the amount of time we spent in the game, like nearly whole days dedicated to the game and the game only.

Now counting the minutes for FM13 release!

A quick question. I have never played online, do you all have to be online at the same time to play?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #11: Oct 18, 2012 05:03:49 pm
      A quick question. I have never played online, do you all have to be online at the same time to play?

Not necessarily, you can play without the other players online but when you do that, the game will continue as if they were on vacation (assistant manager will take control of matches etc).

Personally when I played online with my friends we agreed to play only when everyone was online. That's one of the main reasons I haven't played online for a while, I just don't have the same spare time and playing online the way we did is very time consuming. We also needed everyone to have similar time availability, which we don't have anymore.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #12: Oct 18, 2012 05:21:05 pm
      Not necessarily, you can play without the other players online but when you do that, the game will continue as if they were on vacation (assistant manager will take control of matches etc).

Personally when I played online with my friends we agreed to play only when everyone was online. That's one of the main reasons I haven't played online for a while, I just don't have the same spare time and playing online the way we did is very time consuming. We also needed everyone to have similar time availability, which we don't have anymore.

That is what i thought. People i would potentially play with live in another timezone so it would be practically impossible. Oh well, will just have to enjoy the game on my own like i have the last 20 years!! Im looking forward to it, my wife definitely is not!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #13: Oct 18, 2012 08:21:33 pm
      Demo (beta) has been released! Can't wait to get home and download it.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #14: Oct 18, 2012 11:11:23 pm
      Just finished downloading. Started a career with Liverpool. Match engine is nicer, not a fan of the new lay out though.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #15: Oct 19, 2012 12:07:30 am
      Just finished downloading. Started a career with Liverpool. Match engine is nicer, not a fan of the new lay out though.

Is it half a season?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #16: Oct 19, 2012 03:54:03 pm
      Started with Liverpool too, my main signings so far were El Shaarawy on loan and Douglas Costa. Not much money to spend though, Jovetic and Gaitan have both accepted my contract offers but I'm struggling to find the money to buy them.

No one wants our players it seems, I had to get rid of Downing on a loan deal to WBA in which I still pay a part of his wages... and no one is offering to pay not even 10% of Joe Cole's wages.
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #17: Oct 19, 2012 04:44:17 pm

Nope. Pretty mich the full game, but missing a few features, namely the network game.
      indlfc
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,099 posts |
      Reply #18: Oct 19, 2012 04:48:32 pm
      What is the season expectationS?
      Fifa 13 it was title challenge :O
      Foot ball manager was always realistic, qualify for europa league would be nice.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #19: Oct 19, 2012 07:21:50 pm
      The initial expectations was European qualification with a transfer budget of £3M. I then discussed with Werner and got a £3.8M budget for a expectation of UCL qualification. No idea if I'll make it because it's still a very small budget...
      BarneyLFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 2,838 posts | 137 
      Reply #20: Oct 20, 2012 03:01:34 am
      Managed to offload Cole to Newcastle on loan! I'm paying all his wages, but there is the option to buy for 200k!
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #21: Oct 20, 2012 02:53:50 pm
      This is so frustrating! I could have signed Jovetic, Gaitan and Tello, but simply there isn't enough money for it.
      jamo174
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 835 posts |
      Reply #22: Oct 20, 2012 07:43:29 pm
      This is so frustrating! I could have signed Jovetic, Gaitan and Tello, but simply there isn't enough money for it.

Same story as the real life LFC managers it seems!! How is the new version? Better?

Quick Reply