Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

Officials are ruining our game

Read 31931 times
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Officials are ruining our game
      Oct 28, 2012 05:44:36 pm
      Within the space of 4 hours, I have completely lost all faith in football officials.

1. Suarez scores a perfectly good goal in the 94 minute against Everton, and it's ruled offside.

Gary Nevillie: "The linesman has bottled it"
      "The Chosen One": "It was a goal - we were lucky"

2. Ivanovich trying to get out of the way of the attacking man utd striker, is deemed to have fouled him, and gets sent off.
      Everyone thinks it's an extremely tough sending off - perhaps because it wasn't. Still with the keeper to beat, yellow was more appropriate. The letter of the law has to be applied of course, because otherwise referees would have to actually think about their decisions now and then. As said, there was no intent from Ivanovich, and Young knows exactly what he's doing when he moves into the path of Ivanovich. Harsh.

3. Evans brings down Torres, and Torres gets sent off for diving EDIT: Watch it, once again, Evans has gone in with both feet off the ground. What's the poor lad got to do to get sent off!? Apart from signing for Liverpool I mean.
      Cue disbelief from the commentators

4. Against 9 men, Utd score and it's clearly offiside'.
      Nial Quinn 'He (Hernandez) is offside

Officials are either corrupt or inept beyond belief, and absolutely nothing will be done about it.

But someone should do something about this, becuase at the end of the day/season, we're talking about millions of pounds, and peoples' jobs are at stake (but not the officials who KEEP SCREWING UP you'll notice).

The spineless FA of course will do absolutely nothing about it.

Meanwhile, supporters will spend their money, only to be slapped in the face week in week out.
      « Last Edit: Oct 28, 2012 06:27:17 pm by Rush »
      gareth g
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 15,469 posts | 366 
      Re: Officials are ruining our game
      Reply #1: Oct 28, 2012 05:48:31 pm
      And well said mate!
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #2: Oct 28, 2012 05:52:59 pm
      Well the Ivanovic sending off is correct - harsh but correct.

But when it comes to the officials I'm not sure what we can do - the Prem and FA have made them bulletproof. They are needed to make the game work but the game is struggling to get more officials qualified and the standard is dropping.

Years ago you didn't even know many of the refs names. They just did the job and then went home and I can't remember many refs howlers in the 80's but is that because they weren't highlighted by 20 slow mo angles or they made less mistakes.

Something needs to be done because they guys get paid a lot of money and if I made that many mistakes in my job I would be fired
      whyohwhyohwhy
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,283 posts | 95 
      Reply #3: Oct 28, 2012 06:01:47 pm
      It would seem that there is very little we can do.  Brendan's been told to pack in complaining by that fuckwit Riley.  Maybe after todays other farce at the plastics, Di Matteo will have a winge.

Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #4: Oct 28, 2012 06:03:27 pm
      I tried to watch the scum match but after their third, I had to turn it off. It's blatant, sickening and yes, ruining the game we love.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #5: Oct 28, 2012 06:04:01 pm
      Well the Ivanovic sending off is correct - harsh but correct.

But when it comes to the officials I'm not sure what we can do - the Prem and FA have made them bulletproof. They are needed to make the game work but the game is struggling to get more officials qualified and the standard is dropping.

Years ago you didn't even know many of the refs names. They just did the job and then went home and I can't remember many refs howlers in the 80's but is that because they weren't highlighted by 20 slow mo angles or they made less mistakes.

Something needs to be done because they guys get paid a lot of money and if I made that many mistakes in my job I would be fired

Have to disagree with that, because young runs across the defender giving him no chance to get out of the way and pretty much fouls himself. Very little contact but yet again young goes down like he's been shot.
      Aggerdoo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,487 posts | 231 
      Reply #6: Oct 28, 2012 06:06:08 pm
      I agree with everything apart from Ivanovic. It was a straight redcard for denying a goalscoring chance and was last man.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #7: Oct 28, 2012 06:09:41 pm
      Have to disagree with that, because young runs across the defender giving him no chance to get out of the way and pretty much fouls himself. Very little contact but yet again young goes down like he's been shot.

Doesn't matter if its accidental or not Ivanovic clipped him whilst Young was through on goal and denied a goalscoring chance - red card.

Happens against us and we would be demanding the red card
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #8: Oct 28, 2012 06:15:18 pm
      Doesn't matter if its accidental or not Ivanovic clipped him whilst Young was through on goal and denied a goalscoring chance - red card.

Happens against us and we would be demanding the red card

Wrong again.

Read the rules, it has to be a clear intentional foul, and there must be intent in the view of the ref to stop the player.
      There was none of any of those things because young deliberately ran across the player to draw the foul, and ivanovich had no chance to get out of the way.
      Free kick max, and a yellow would have been harsh.

Here's the thing, that's what the rules state. It's simply not open to debate regardless of what you think.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,340 posts | 2817 
      Reply #9: Oct 28, 2012 06:16:40 pm
      Moyes was wrong, diving won't turn fans off football. Decisions like today's will.

Problem lies with the fact that the officials have it too easy - some make bad calls week in, week out yet continue to ref at the highest level.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #10: Oct 28, 2012 06:18:10 pm
      Moyes was wrong, diving won't turn fans off football. Decisions like today's will.

Problem lies with the fact that the officials have it too easy - some make bad calls week in, week out yet continue to ref at the highest level.

The Dutch guy who reffed the Anzhi game is head and shoulders above any english ref.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #11: Oct 28, 2012 06:20:11 pm
      Did Ivanovic deny a goalscoring chance - yes - red card.

A player, substitute or substituted player is dismissed from the field of play and shown the red card if he/she commits any of the following offences:

Serious foul play
      Violent conduct
      Using offensive, racist, insulting or abusive language and/or gestures
      Spitting at an opponent or any other person
      Denying the opposing team a goal or an obvious goalscoring opportunity by deliberately handling the ball (this does not apply to a goalkeeper inside his/her own penalty area)
      Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent moving towards the player’s goal by an offence punishable by a free kick or a penalty kick (known as a professional foul or "last hope"/"last man" foul)
      Receiving a second caution (yellow card) in the same match
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #12: Oct 28, 2012 06:21:12 pm
      Instant Replay with an instant replay official upstairs reviewing for the whole world to see in slow motion. Beyond that I don't know what else is to be done.
      Tadders
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,766 posts | 570 
      Reply #13: Oct 28, 2012 06:23:21 pm
      I think the refs have got together and decided that to try and take the heat of themselves they need to get United their 20th championship early, this way they can make the most diabolical decisions ever seen and nobody will really care. For the first time in my life I feel sorry for Chelsea.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #14: Oct 28, 2012 06:24:25 pm
      Instant Replay with an instant replay official upstairs reviewing for the whole world to see in slow motion. Beyond that I don't know what else is to be done.

It's the only way mate but it'll never happen.
      George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #15: Oct 28, 2012 06:27:39 pm

I don't think Football lends itself to an Instant replay system to be intergrated- there isn't natural breaks like you get with other sports
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • Started Topic
      • 9,496 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #16: Oct 28, 2012 06:31:11 pm
      Denying an obvious goalscoring opportunity to an opponent
      It was harsh Geroge, that's what I'm really saying. That, and it's only a sending off 'today'.

Ivanovich touches Young, Ivanovich sent off
      Evans touches Torres, Torres sent off

The point, is that referee officials are inconsistent and are screwing up way too often.
      Adryan
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,704 posts | 378 
      • Cut my veins open and I bleed Liverpool Red.
      Reply #17: Oct 28, 2012 06:31:44 pm
      All the talk about Luis Suarez being a diving cheating c**t ... Valencia, Torres and Neville got booked for diving. Ashley Young himself made most of that challenge when Ivanovic got sent off.

Suarez scores a legitimate goal but was flagged offside. The flag raised was for offside, if it was a foul by Coates, it would be some frantic flagging.

Chicharito scores an offside goal and given in a game Chelsea had two players sent off by .... MARK CLATTENBURG.

Mark Clattenburg was the ref in the 6-1 defeat to City and he never reffed a United game until tonight, in which, he sent off two Chelsea players and his linesman gave an offside goal.

Fits in with the trends mentioned here - http://www.sabotagetimes.com/football-sport/revealed-the-evidence-of-the-manchester-united-referee-conspiracy/

LFCbronx
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,402 posts | 191 
      Reply #18: Oct 28, 2012 06:42:10 pm
      I don't think Football lends itself to an Instant replay system to be intergrated- there isn't natural breaks like you get with other sports

Agree, but it wouldn't be so hard to just review goals. Play is already stopped. Replay showed the scum player was offside before play had even resumed. 

George Lucas
      • Banned

• 6,615 posts | 57 
      • JFT96
      Reply #19: Oct 28, 2012 06:48:09 pm

Agree, but it wouldn't be so hard to just review goals. Play is already stopped. Replay showed the scum player was offside before play had even resumed. 

That sort of thing has possibilities but I think we need to see what happens with goal line technology first
      xBooniex
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,278 posts | 28 
      Reply #20: Oct 28, 2012 06:57:39 pm
      They should give each manager 3 chances to stop the game to challenge a referees decision.

These would take no longer than 30 seconds each and 3 minutes could be added onto the 90. Also it would give players chance to have a brief rest to take on fluids and would no doubt cut down on a few injuries a season

The FA are on thin ice and fans will soon start losing interest in a game that makes the Italian league of a few years ago look like a christian fair trade banker
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #21: Oct 28, 2012 06:58:31 pm
      I totally believe there is bias towards Utd, said it for many a year and the stats just prove it. Coincidence is only something you can use for so long, eventually a trend appears and coincidence is no longer a realistic explanation, that point came and went many years ago. The embarrassing thing is they do it so blatantly and it appears we're powerless but to take it.
      red_kaiser
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,506 posts | 60 
      Reply #22: Oct 28, 2012 06:59:02 pm
      Agreed it has gone out of hands now.We are talking about some major failures on referees' part duirng this weekend that could have serious impact on where the teams finish at the end of the season. We haev teams who are trying to win championships,finish in top four or stay in the league and the officials are simply making mockery of their efforts. I am all in favour of technology now even if it slows up the game a little as it's better than having undeserved results thrown in your face.

Quick Reply