Trending Topics

Next match: LFC v Brighton [Premier League] Sun 31st Mar @ 2:00 pm
      Anfield

Today is the 29th of March and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W11 D6 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116081 times
      xSkyline
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,829 posts | 101 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #138: May 24, 2014 06:24:41 pm
      Bagged a hattrick for England U19s today against Montenegro. Celebrated in style.

srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,116 posts | 4880 
      Reply #139: May 24, 2014 11:23:54 pm
      Going to be a star this lad.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #140: May 24, 2014 11:30:31 pm
      Gutted I missed that, didn't even know he was/they were playing.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #141: May 25, 2014 06:55:08 am
      Wow well done Ibey, I didn't know about this game.
      His acceleration is near the levels of the original and only Ronaldo- when he played for Barcelona, before the injuries. He was as fast as an alien or something.
      If aliens were into football.
      He's that scary!
      Can't wait for him to come into the first team.
      andylfcynwa
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,318 posts | 1611 
      Reply #142: May 25, 2014 02:00:49 pm
      If this kid comes on as hoped could be fcking scary with him and Raheem flying down the wings .
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #143: May 25, 2014 02:42:45 pm
      Haven't been able to find footage anywhere yet. Anyone else got it?
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #144: Jul 09, 2014 05:21:53 pm
      Are we looking to loan Ibe this season or will he become an integral part of the senior team? Thanks
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #145: Jul 09, 2014 05:49:58 pm
      Are we looking to loan Ibe this season or will he become an integral part of the senior team? Thanks

Nobody knows anything solid at the moment. I think loaning him out for one more season would be wise though.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #146: Jul 09, 2014 07:43:17 pm
      If this kid comes on as hoped could be fcking scary with him and Raheem flying down the wings .

If he comes on as we all hope, he could be better than Sterling.
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #147: Jul 09, 2014 08:00:08 pm
      why loan him out, he class player ibe, age should not come into lt , lf he goodenough he get on team,l think he be better player then raheem in years come
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #148: Jul 13, 2014 06:57:24 pm
      Loaning out is great n' all that, but this time around I want him here, he needs to be in our squad this season, his blistering pace and unknown quantity for opposing teams will be a major asset and he is nearly 19, he's ready now.
      Being tentative with our own academy talent is wasting it, we should be utilizing it.
      Why do we have to wait until our players reach 23 or something for them to get there chance?
      He doesn't have to play every single game but we have a lot of games.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #149: Jul 13, 2014 07:25:57 pm
      Loaning out is great n' all that, but this time around I want him here, he needs to be in our squad this season, his blistering pace and unknown quantity for opposing teams will be a major asset and he is nearly 19, he's ready now.
      Being tentative with our own academy talent is wasting it, we should be utilizing it.
      Why do we have to wait until our players reach 23 or something for them to get there chance?
      He doesn't have to play every single game but we have a lot of games.

The u19's have the Youth CL to play in this season so it'll be an ideal time for players like Ibe to gain European experience.  He's nowhere near the level of Raheem at the same age and he has a lot of developing to do.  He might have blistering speed but his brain doesn't match it, he rarely looks up, keeps hold of it too long and invariably runs into a dead end.  He's still doing that at youth level so if he can't/doesn't improve that part of his game he won't have a future with us.

We have some exceptional talent in our youth ranks but the majority still won't make it at the very highest level. 
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #150: Jul 13, 2014 09:03:50 pm
      The u19's have the Youth CL to play in this season so it'll be an ideal time for players like Ibe to gain European experience.  He's nowhere near the level of Raheem at the same age and he has a lot of developing to do.  He might have blistering speed but his brain doesn't match it, he rarely looks up, keeps hold of it too long and invariably runs into a dead end.  He's still doing that at youth level so if he can't/doesn't improve that part of his game he won't have a future with us.

We have some exceptional talent in our youth ranks but the majority still won't make it at the very highest level.
      Sorry but I don't totally agree. I think Ibe could make a difference. I'd certainly have him over Borini and Aspas and I believe Rodgers would too. Once he was loaned out to Birmingham he played in all there 11 games during his short loan spell there and impressed. I'd keep him until January transfer window as at the very least he can feature in the league cup games.
      Benito
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,918 posts | 281 
      Reply #151: Jul 13, 2014 11:10:02 pm
      Sorry but I don't totally agree. I think Ibe could make a difference. I'd certainly have him over Borini and Aspas and I believe Rodgers would too. Once he was loaned out to Birmingham he played in all there 11 games during his short loan spell there and impressed. I'd keep him until January transfer window as at the very least he can feature in the league cup games.

Agree, i rather have a bench warmer with pace, that one without. Pace can hurt teams, especially in the latter stages of games.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #152: Jul 13, 2014 11:11:56 pm

Having him ahead of Borini and Aspas sort of doesn't make sense, those two are strikers whilst Ibe is a winger. Also, it's one thing impressing for Birmingham City but it's another thing to be doing it consistently in the Premier League for us on a regular basis. Why keep him at the club until January just to use him in the League Cup games? He needs consistent first team action and he will only get that if he goes out on loan. I'd send him back on loan to a Championship side, this time to one that isn't just looking to escape relegation.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #153: Jul 14, 2014 02:22:16 am

Ok I'll go with your insight because you're wiser than me in regards to the youth players but as I'm writing this I still want him to play in our team next season, I may be mistaken but he needs to play for us next season, I respect your opinion.. I still want him to be here playing for us.
      Weird the way I reacted but that's me.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #154: Jul 14, 2014 07:20:36 am

He could feature for us yet in league cup games but he'll need a massive leap to get PL games but Brendan may decide that cup games and European experience for the U19's is better than playing every week on loan.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #155: Jul 17, 2014 04:00:16 pm
      I vote to have Ibe in our squad this season and I'm determined I'm right on this one.
      Wiggy
      • Forum Didi Hamann

• 293 posts | 21 
      Reply #156: Jul 22, 2014 09:51:21 am
      Thought the lad has been great in the 2x pre-season games so far, much as I was impressed with him last year. Personally I think we have got a large number of people ahead in his position, but he is clearly a talent. I'd like to see him loaned to a Premier league team, a mid to lower table side, to get some PL experience, as I think he has a very bright future.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,660 posts | 3670 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #157: Jul 22, 2014 10:31:45 am
      He is a hell of a talent for a 18 year old player but he needs to learn more to take his chances. A loan to a lower premiership club or a championship club fighting for promotion will do him great.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #158: Jul 22, 2014 10:55:25 am
      He is a hell of a talent for a 18 year old player but he needs to learn more to take his chances. A loan to a lower premiership club or a championship club fighting for promotion will do him great.

Not particularly sure that's be a good idea. Sometimes it is better to nurture through their own parent club so host they play the Liverpool way. I wouldn't want anything coached out of him. He's a good young talent and certainly deserves better than to play for a Leicester City. For me, he has shown great potential and I'd be ready to play him in the league cup games or even bring him on in the league after 70 minutes. He is showing that he's close to ready
      Scouser4life
      • Forum Alan Hansen

• 630 posts | 33 
      Reply #159: Jul 22, 2014 11:26:34 am
      A definite 1st team material.

Cant see how he is different from all the young lads that have been introduced to the 1st team.

Dont think loaning him out again will do him any good.

Same was said of Raheem beginning of last season and we saw where he ended up.

Ibe stays for me, and note he is miles better than Sterling when he first arrived on the big stage. If nurtured well i think we have hit gold on this one.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,046 posts | 2741 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #160: Jul 22, 2014 11:56:57 am
      He seems to have developed physically now to. For me this boy can Sterling look like Jovanovic. Could be a surprise package for us this season please God we don't loan him out

Quick Reply