Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116865 times
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      • Formerly known as Vtorres, Vsuarez, and Vsterling.
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #161: Jul 22, 2014 05:03:05 pm
      I reckon the talent of young Raheem has put unfair comparisons and expectations on Ibe, i don't really see how the Sterling of 2 seasons ago alongside Suso was so much prepared for first team football than Ibe.

In hindsight though, that season Suso and Sterling were required as we didn't have a strong enough squad but now we do so maybe the pressure for Ibe to produce won't be as high, this can help him. I would personally have him start the cup games and make a cameo appearance of the bench every now and then in league games because he can make an impact regardless of age.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #162: Jul 22, 2014 06:23:46 pm
      Would be great for our youngsters play in the league Cup like Arsenal and gain some real experience in a cup competition.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,678 posts | 3699 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #163: Jul 22, 2014 06:28:26 pm
      Not particularly sure that's be a good idea. Sometimes it is better to nurture through their own parent club so host they play the Liverpool way. I wouldn't want anything coached out of him. He's a good young talent and certainly deserves better than to play for a Leicester City. For me, he has shown great potential and I'd be ready to play him in the league cup games or even bring him on in the league after 70 minutes. He is showing that he's close to ready

Different opinions. Brendan knows his tricks so we let him do his trick :)

Yes, he can be used as a super sub. It he is introduced at 75mins, he will run into tired defenders and will cause panic
      kelvo
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,207 posts | 52 
      Reply #164: Jul 22, 2014 07:51:52 pm
      Should stay here this season and keep learning of the boss and the likes of Sterling.

Will get minutes either as a sub or possible starts in the cups.

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #165: Jul 22, 2014 09:05:23 pm
      Different opinions. Brendan knows his tricks so we let him do his trick :)

Yes, he can be used as a super sub. It he is introduced at 75mins, he will run into tired defenders and will cause panic

I reckon so, especially if they are chasing the game
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #166: Aug 07, 2014 01:46:33 pm
      I genuinely think this kid has greater potential than Raheem Sterling. Okay, I'm making a snap judgement here but the way he moves with the ball at such ease is a joy to watch - especially at the age of eighteen!

I would like to see him nurtured into this club opposed to going on loan to say a low placed Premiership team (who may be reluctant to play him because he isn't compatible with their WWII style of football).
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #167: Aug 07, 2014 03:52:43 pm
      I genuinely think this kid has greater potential than Raheem Sterling. Okay, I'm making a snap judgement here but the way he moves with the ball at such ease is a joy to watch - especially at the age of eighteen!

I would like to see him nurtured into this club opposed to going on loan to say a low placed Premiership team (who may be reluctant to play him because he isn't compatible with their WWII style of football).

I would say that at around this stage of where Jordon is he's at about the same potential level as Raheem was at the same stage. That being said I think Raheem had more opportunity than Jordon will have and so that's where I think it'll be tough for him. Unless he goes out on loan, there's very little chance that he'll get the same amount of game time and experience with us as Raheem had last season.

Like you said I would love to see him go out on loan to a lower premiership side, but would prefer to see him go to a club that shares a similar style of play as us if possible.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #168: Aug 07, 2014 04:03:53 pm

I actually rated Ibe higher than Sterling at the beginning of last year. Sterling came on by leaps and bounds. If Ibe does the same.....WATCH OUT!
      lfc_ynwa
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,109 posts | 233 
      • In Kenny we trust. YNWA. Tits!!
      Reply #169: Aug 07, 2014 06:02:03 pm
      I hope Ibe gets regular games this season, if that's coming off the bench for us or going out on loan to a PL team.

Sterling shined when he was given a chance, and we need to give Ibe that same opportunity.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #170: Aug 07, 2014 10:30:12 pm
      I think in Ibe we have a Ronaldo/Bale type of player, a winger with strength, trickery and pace.

If he adds a strong shot to his game, he will be immense, think Sterling pushing on will only spur him on more.

See a friendly rivalry between the two down the years on each wing. 
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #171: Aug 08, 2014 03:37:42 am
      I have seen very little of preseason, I don't watch much of the youth sides, and I did not watch him when he was on loan... but in the few opportunities I've had to watch this guy, I've always been impressed. I love his confidence to just go past players with such ease. It's amazing!
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #172: Aug 19, 2014 11:34:53 pm
      Apparently joining Bolton on loan.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #173: Aug 20, 2014 12:16:05 am
      Hope not, was excited to see him play for us this season, thought he'd be a great impact sub with his pace and ability on the ball to get past players.

Obviously Bolton would be great for him too with him being able to get first team football, it'll help him develop. Guess im just selfish ay.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #174: Aug 20, 2014 12:25:34 am
      To be fair, with Markovic coming back healthy it's not likely Jordan would get a lot of opportunities. Probably best to get him some first team experience.
      wmeliane
      • Forum John Barnes

• 421 posts | 21 
      Reply #175: Aug 20, 2014 12:58:59 am
      I believe that the club should buy Konoplyanka now that Ibe is going on loan. He would be a great addition: his dribbling skills/ball possession would come handy...
      Ribapuru
      • Banned

• 10,843 posts | 1371 
      Reply #176: Aug 20, 2014 01:52:34 am
      Apparently joining Bolton on loan.
      Any decent source said this? I only can find it in the Mirror.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #177: Aug 20, 2014 03:35:00 pm
      To be fair, with Markovic coming back healthy it's not likely Jordan would get a lot of opportunities. Probably best to get him some first team experience.

And Lallana, who can and does play left, right, center. So yeah, Jordon's opportunities will be very limited.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #178: Aug 22, 2014 03:48:44 pm
      I wanted Ibe here this season, this kid is great. At the same time what a problem to have... we have so many talented players to cover all areas that we can let him leave to gain experience. Fair dues; he's really young and we shouldn't have to rely on him so early on.
      tl;dr I wanted him here this season but there we have some major talent here who are a bit older and good luck Ibe!
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,112 posts | 2766 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #179: Aug 22, 2014 05:07:53 pm
      Yeah would have loved him to stay and play here or there but surely a season of constantly playing will bring him on which long term is better for us
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #180: Aug 22, 2014 05:50:34 pm
      The Bolton manager came out today/yesterday and said that there are a number of clubs interested in taking Ibe on loan and that they (Bolton) may get pipped at the post for his signature.
      RC9
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,897 posts | 816 
      Reply #181: Aug 22, 2014 10:04:16 pm
      The Bolton manager came out today/yesterday and said that there are a number of clubs interested in taking Ibe on loan and that they (Bolton) may get pipped at the post for his signature.

Hopefully by a premier league side.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #182: Aug 23, 2014 12:36:06 am
      Hopefully by a premier league side.

I'd probably make Derby as favourites. They do play better footy than Bolton and they've a better shot at the league than them too. I wouldn't be surprised if Sami's been using his contacts either.
      ConzS
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,353 posts | 1024 
      Reply #183: Aug 24, 2014 09:07:37 am
      A friend of mine mentioned him to me the other day. He knows very little about English football so I was surprised, he asked who the young guy was that was on loan to Birmingham last season and said he looks a fantastic player.

Can't wait to see him back here and find out what he can really do. As some have said already, it's testament to the strength of our squad that such a promising player has to go out on loan. It's stark contrast to a few years back when Raheem and Suso were playing regularly due to lack of options.

Quick Reply