Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm
      Goodison Park

Today is the 23rd of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W11 D4 L10

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116945 times
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #368: Mar 03, 2015 11:26:59 pm
      I can't remember there being that many complaints. If there were though then people need their eyes testing, he hobbled off so there was clearly something wrong.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #369: Mar 04, 2015 09:55:37 am
      Another knee injury to one of our young lads after Flanos. Are we not rushing them in a bit?
      AmericanPlant
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,248 posts | 170 
      Reply #370: Mar 04, 2015 12:51:30 pm
      If you compare our "golden era" of kids, vs the Mancs, the difference was staggering.

I'm thinking:-
      Rob Jones, Harkness, Redknapp, Hutchison, Marsh, Owen, Fowler, McManaman etc
      And at a similar time, Heggem and Beglin.

Virtually all were finished thro injury far too young. Whereas some of the Mancs were playing til late 30s.

Hopefully, some of those mistakes were learned..
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,004 posts | 3952 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #372: Mar 13, 2015 12:50:02 pm
      shame as he was picking up steam lets hope thats not going to be a regular thing and it makes him stronger

get back soon lad
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #373: Apr 10, 2015 08:18:30 am
      Jordan Ibe is back in training today and ready to hit the ground running, i think he will even make the bench V Newcastle but doubt he will get game time just yet.

The semi final i would play him as RW to deal with the pace of some of the villa players, hope Sakho is fit for then as we need someone to grip Benteki in the box but if he's not Skrtel will be back but i'm scared might give away a pen.
      clint_call01
      • King Live Match Starter
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 11,681 posts | 3702 
      • Ynwa... lfc till I die !
      Reply #374: Apr 10, 2015 09:07:42 am
      Jordan Ibe is back in training today and ready to hit the ground running, i think he will even make the bench V Newcastle but doubt he will get game time just yet.

The semi final i would play him as RW to deal with the pace of some of the villa players, hope Sakho is fit for then as we need someone to grip Benteki in the box but if he's not Skrtel will be back but i'm scared might give away a pen.

I totally agree!
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 2810 
      Reply #375: Apr 10, 2015 09:26:31 am

He's cup-tied.

ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #376: Apr 10, 2015 11:47:31 am
      FFS really even once you get to the Semi or final i thought it got wiped in the final two stages!! gutted ahh well more time to get match fitness then maybe give him a half for U21 to build up match fitness when we play in the cup
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #377: Apr 12, 2015 12:52:17 am
      Bit late in this, but did you guys know that Ibe supported us as a kid? since the CL final win vs Milan :) His dad's a red too!
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #378: Apr 12, 2015 07:40:46 am
      Bit late in this, but did you guys know that Ibe supported us as a kid? since the CL final win vs Milan :) His dad's a red too!

I think everybody supported us as a kid though (apart from Carra) :D Robbie Keane said he supported us as a kid until he went back to the Lane and said the same thing to their fans, I take no notice of stuff like that.
      Class
      • Forum Jamie Redknapp

• 310 posts | 82 
      Reply #379: Apr 12, 2015 08:51:20 am

I think everybody supported us as a kid though (apart from Carra) :D Robbie Keane said he supported us as a kid until he went back to the Lane and said the same thing to their fans, I take no notice of stuff like that.

Keane must have had 1000 different shirts as a child. I also remember him telling the Celtic supporters he was a supporter of the club as a child when he was loaned out to them. He probably would have said the same about the Galaxy if someone didn't point out to him that he was born before the club was founded.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #380: Apr 12, 2015 02:25:28 pm

Keane must have had 1000 different shirts as a child. I also remember him telling the Celtic supporters he was a supporter of the club as a child when he was loaned out to them. He probably would have said the same about the Galaxy if someone didn't point out to him that he was born before the club was founded.

An old one, but still funny.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #381: Apr 13, 2015 10:27:12 pm
      If we somehow make top 4 this young man will play a large part in it.
      Mad4LFC
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 989 posts | 81 
      Reply #382: Apr 13, 2015 10:42:11 pm
      Thought was quiet tonight, maybe first game back syndrome.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #383: Apr 14, 2015 12:05:10 am
      I had to leave for work at HT...mate texted and said Ibe came off and Borini came on early in the 2nd. Anyone know why? Injury/Tactical?
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,246 posts | 6364 
      Reply #384: Apr 14, 2015 12:21:17 am
      I had to leave for work at HT...mate texted and said Ibe came off and Borini came on early in the 2nd. Anyone know why? Injury/Tactical?

Didn't watch the game, but my assumption at the time was just that he didn't want to wear him out in his first outing in a long while. Haven't seen anything about any injury.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      Reply #385: Apr 14, 2015 12:25:34 am
      Didn't watch the game, but my assumption at the time was just that he didn't want to wear him out in his first outing in a long while. Haven't seen anything about any injury.

Cheers mate.

I'm hoping it wasn't a reoccurrence or something new, fingers crossed.
      Lio Varadkar
      • Forum Emlyn Hughes

• 785 posts | 66 
      Reply #386: Apr 14, 2015 12:29:42 am
      Shocking tonight as expected, giving the ball away at will, Johnson was rightly pissed off with Ibe as he was useless for one-twos and barely helped out defending. Rodgers mistake tho, you give a bloke 20 or so minutes after an injury, then you start him in the next game. Brendan usually does this gentle introduction, surprised he played young Jordon from the off. Hope BR will learn from this.

e: No injury there Aussie just an inefective performance with a couple flashes of promise. Thought Newcatle defended our right side quite well in the 1st half, maybe they were expecting Coutinho/Sterling to play out there and stuck to their gameplan.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,720 posts | 6707 
      Reply #387: Apr 14, 2015 12:45:43 am
      Good to hear no injury, Lio.

Cheers
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #388: Apr 14, 2015 12:47:55 pm
      bit of rust but to be expected i think he might start on Sunday and we will see him doing what he did best before the injury. he needs an avi though now on this site how do we square that away
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,796 posts | 2447 
      Reply #389: Apr 14, 2015 01:09:13 pm
      Shocking tonight as expected, giving the ball away at will, Johnson was rightly pissed off with Ibe as he was useless for one-twos and barely helped out defending. Rodgers mistake tho, you give a bloke 20 or so minutes after an injury, then you start him in the next game. Brendan usually does this gentle introduction, surprised he played young Jordon from the off. Hope BR will learn from this.

e: No injury there Aussie just an inefective performance with a couple flashes of promise. Thought Newcatle defended our right side quite well in the 1st half, maybe they were expecting Coutinho/Sterling to play out there and stuck to their gameplan.

He was not "shocking". He linked quite well in attack a few times, won a couple of free kicks in dangerous areas and was generally strong on the ball. Considering it was his first game back after over a month out injured I thought he played quite well.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,161 posts | 4902 
      Reply #390: Apr 14, 2015 06:19:36 pm
      bit of rust but to be expected i think he might start on Sunday

Cup tied mate.

Quick Reply