Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117221 times
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Re: Jordon Ibe Player Thread
      Reply #529: Aug 04, 2015 06:11:42 pm
      Ibe: I need end product for Liverpool

"Self-critical" Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe says he must be looking to contribute a goal or assist in every game he plays for the Reds.

The 19-year-old has enjoyed a productive pre-season with Liverpool as he looks to establish himself in Brendan Rodgers' first-team plans. With Lazar Markovic, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino all competing in similar positions, Ibe is aware that he must be at his best to merit regular football.

"I'm not completely satisfied because I need to keep working on a few things, like my end product - getting the ball and finding someone in the box and trying to add a few more goals to my game," Ibe told Liverpool's official site.

"I'm quite self-critical. I like to think about things after a game - things I could have improved on, like maybe having taken a shot on or something.

"I know I'm at a young age, but in my position I need to have an end product. If I'm not getting a goal in a game, then I need to be trying to get an assist for one of my teammates or making sure I have a great game."

Ibe was also pleased to hear Rodgers say that he will be "featuring heavily" this season.

"If the gaffer is thinking I'm doing well, then it will mean I must be doing well at something," Ibe said.

"But it doesn't stop for me. The season is coming up and I need to keep improving and keep the manager satisfied with my performances so I can get a chance to play regularly in the Premier League."

Ibe started seven Premier League matches last season, but is yet to register a first-team goal for the club.

Absolutely delighted with this lad, great character, he'll become a legend here, mark my words. Great attitude, Balotelli should learn a thing or two from him, and not only Mario.

He's like a breath of fresh air, given how many football players think about themselves nowadays.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #530: Aug 06, 2015 10:53:50 am
      Ibe: I need end product for Liverpool

"Self-critical" Liverpool winger Jordon Ibe says he must be looking to contribute a goal or assist in every game he plays for the Reds.

The 19-year-old has enjoyed a productive pre-season with Liverpool as he looks to establish himself in Brendan Rodgers' first-team plans. With Lazar Markovic, Adam Lallana and Roberto Firmino all competing in similar positions, Ibe is aware that he must be at his best to merit regular football.

"I'm not completely satisfied because I need to keep working on a few things, like my end product - getting the ball and finding someone in the box and trying to add a few more goals to my game," Ibe told Liverpool's official site.

"I'm quite self-critical. I like to think about things after a game - things I could have improved on, like maybe having taken a shot on or something.

"I know I'm at a young age, but in my position I need to have an end product. If I'm not getting a goal in a game, then I need to be trying to get an assist for one of my teammates or making sure I have a great game."

Ibe was also pleased to hear Rodgers say that he will be "featuring heavily" this season.

"If the gaffer is thinking I'm doing well, then it will mean I must be doing well at something," Ibe said.

"But it doesn't stop for me. The season is coming up and I need to keep improving and keep the manager satisfied with my performances so I can get a chance to play regularly in the Premier League."

Ibe started seven Premier League matches last season, but is yet to register a first-team goal for the club.

Absolutely delighted with this lad, great character, he'll become a legend here, mark my words. Great attitude, Balotelli should learn a thing or two from him, and not only Mario.

He's like a breath of fresh air, given how many football players think about themselves nowadays.
      Top man has all the right attribuites to be a real top player in world football, now I know that might be getting a little ahead but why not. Sterling has done it and is not a complete footballer like Ibe it. He is good at defending, attacking, Dribbing and is a good striker of the ball. Sterling is just quick and can dribble once he loses that yard of pace will he be the same player??? Ibe for me could easily be a striker in an emergancy situation or more of a John Barnes running with pace and power. I just hope he gets the game time he deserves even if it means Markovich doesnt.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #531: Aug 24, 2015 09:57:24 pm
      Whoever said this lad was ready for the first team and better than Sterling, please think again.

Lots of raw talent but still has a long way to go to fill Sterling's shoes. Nowhere near as skillful and his poor awareness and decision making is really letting him down.

I hope he keeps gets chances here and there and develops into a super player but right now he's very frustrating
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,241 posts | 4929 
      Reply #532: Aug 24, 2015 10:00:14 pm
      He looked lost when he came on and appeared even more tired than the player he replaced for some reason.
      jindaldhruv
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,805 posts | 24 
      • Football is my religion. Steven Gerrard is my God.
      Reply #533: Aug 24, 2015 10:00:45 pm
      Whoever said this lad was ready for the first team and better than Sterling, please think again.

Lots of raw talent but still has a long way to go to fill Sterling's shoes. Nowhere near as skillful and his poor awareness and decision making is really letting him down.

I hope he keeps gets chances here and there and develops into a super player but right now he's very frustrating

Precisely. His performances in the pre-season raised a lot many hopes, but he's quite some distance off right now. Great potential though.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #534: Aug 24, 2015 10:28:05 pm
      Should not put more pressure on the lad, give Ings/Origi/Markovic some chances and Jordon a rest.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #535: Aug 24, 2015 11:03:06 pm
      Think he's just off the mark at the moment, need to ease up the pressure on him, and give him a rest. Let Ings and Origi have their go on the wings if we need in the future, or bring in young Teixeira to give him a bit of a spark so he doesn't take these chances for granted in the future.

Still see him as having great traits and the potential to be a class footballer. Just needs a bit of work mentally in terms of decision-making and picking his battles and passes going forward.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #536: Aug 24, 2015 11:19:26 pm
      Hmmmm
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,186 posts | 4404 
      Reply #537: Aug 24, 2015 11:20:43 pm
      Had an off day, he's young it happens.
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #538: Aug 24, 2015 11:23:21 pm
      Had an off day, he's young it happens.

Had three in a row though. Markovic is probably about to subsume his place. Still very raw and probably best for him to get up to speed in the reserves. I have to echo Diego in saying I don't think he's ready and still has a long way to go.
      jtrollip
      • Forum Vladimir Smicer

• 192 posts |
      Reply #539: Aug 24, 2015 11:43:48 pm
      I'd try Markovic out for a bit personally. Think Ibe's decision making is lacking and he dallies on the ball far too long.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #540: Aug 24, 2015 11:46:33 pm
      Putting too much pressure on himself. Just needs to relax and play his natural game.
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,238 posts | 2815 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #541: Aug 24, 2015 11:47:24 pm
      Put the breaks on people. He came on as a sub and failed to make an impact. There's been a million subs before and there'll be a million subs after who fail to have an impact. sh*te he's only a kid, he'll learn from that tonight and he's a kid obviously very willing to learn

Tonight might be the making of him
      Son Of A Gun
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 5,191 posts | 1274 
      Reply #542: Aug 25, 2015 03:00:18 am
      I think the fact he knew he was to be given a starting place in the first XI prior to the beginning of the season is putting a bit of pressure on him.

Like others have said, he just needs to relax, and its not through want of trying for the lad. He's overthinking things, a bit too self-conscious in his playing - just seems desperate to make an impact. Brendan should just reassure him and tell him not to panic. Maybe take him out the team for a week or so, give him time to work on a few things. It's all about experience for the guy, and this is one of those phases that the majority of all young players have to go through.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #543: Aug 25, 2015 05:58:25 am
      another kid whos brain is clearly being overloaded.. some players just want to play footy, makes me think of moreno standing on the touch line about to get on, gary mac had the board in front of him as usual, our subs always get overloaded with information, they're just kids that want to get on and make an impact..
      linneman
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,426 posts | 16 
      Reply #544: Aug 25, 2015 07:46:05 am
      another kid whos brain is clearly being overloaded.. some players just want to play footy, makes me think of moreno standing on the touch line about to get on, gary mac had the board in front of him as usual, our subs always get overloaded with information, they're just kids that want to get on and make an impact..

I prefer our players coming on in such occasions to have a clear game plan. We were under a lot of pressure and were looking for ways to relieve the pressure, just sending out a 'kid' to play footy is not really what i'd be looking for.
      bigmick
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,078 posts | 2767 
      Reply #545: Aug 25, 2015 09:06:23 am
      Going through an inevitable dip, and it's very important the fans stick with him. I seem to remember Sterling having an absolutely awful game at a similar stage in his Liverpool career, and the manager ignored the calls to "send him out on loan" or "stick him in the reserves" and actually picked him to start the next match. It worked and Sterling had a stormer, and I wonder if we might try a similar approach with Ibe at home to West Ham. This kid can really play but he's a mile away from being finished yet. We've just got to stick with him and wait.
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #546: Aug 25, 2015 09:53:48 am
      Going through an inevitable dip, and it's very important the fans stick with him. I seem to remember Sterling having an absolutely awful game at a similar stage in his Liverpool career, and the manager ignored the calls to "send him out on loan" or "stick him in the reserves" and actually picked him to start the next match. It worked and Sterling had a stormer, and I wonder if we might try a similar approach with Ibe at home to West Ham. This kid can really play but he's a mile away from being finished yet. We've just got to stick with him and wait.

I don't think that's very fair on Markovic tbh. I would give Ibe one more chance against West Ham but if he performs poorly again there are no more excuses and he should he dropped for a few games to give Lazar a chance.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #547: Aug 25, 2015 10:03:20 am

Sorry mate but if players want to play then they have to follow the game plan and the tactics that the manager has come up with. They can't just go on and do whatever they like. They have to know what their responsibilities are. This is the big time not the reserves.

Put the breaks on people. He came on as a sub and failed to make an impact. There's been a million subs before and there'll be a million subs after who fail to have an impact. sh*te he's only a kid, he'll learn from that tonight and he's a kid obviously very willing to learn

Tonight might be the making of him

Sterling and Markovic are only kids but they took a lot more sh*t than Ibe has taken today. The fact is, he hasn't done much in the three games he's played so far yet he continues to get chances over the likes of Ings. I'm also not sure why a sh*t cameo would be the making of him.

AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6721 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #548: Aug 25, 2015 10:07:58 am
      Can't do it all yourself Jordan, you need to look up and get rid of the ball to a player in a better position. Stop trying to take on the world by yourself. You have team mates who can help.
      chats
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,352 posts | 2819 
      Reply #549: Aug 25, 2015 06:55:21 pm
      Bloody hell, the kid came on away at Arsenal when we were under all sorts of pressure, not home to a Conference side when we're 10-0 up. Kind of understandable that he struggled (just like Coutinho did in the second half, haven't seen that being mentioned much though).
      AZPatriot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,944 posts | 1759 
      Reply #550: Aug 25, 2015 07:58:29 pm
      Bloody hell, the kid came on away at Arsenal when we were under all sorts of pressure, not home to a Conference side when we're 10-0 up. Kind of understandable that he struggled (just like Coutinho did in the second half, haven't seen that being mentioned much though).

Truth is though he is not at the same level that Sterling was...he has been struggling since the end of last season.

He caught a lot of defenses by surprise last year and though I won't go as far as to say he has been found out, it is clear to see that teams are prepared for him now and he is not surprising anybody.

He has technique he needs to work on, he has finishing that needs work on; simply trying to use your speed or going directly at players is not going to work anymore.

Most importantly he is trying to hard and its looks to me like its finally hitting him...I truly think that Europa & Cups is the best place for his development  before his confidence is shot all together (which I what I think is happening).
      wellbuilt
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,154 posts | 138 
      Reply #551: Aug 29, 2015 08:20:41 pm
      this guy came back early for extra training

i do not have a clue what he was working on as he has been poor for us for awhile now.

yes he is young, but he is not doing the basics, he doesnt put his head up, always wants to beat players when unnecessary and shoots when he has better options.

he needs to readdress what he is doing

Quick Reply