Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116996 times
      grewalge
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,087 posts | 82 
      Re: Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' Player Thread
      Reply #598: Jan 07, 2016 06:42:09 pm
      It will be 11 kids, it has to be, and if they win it or take it to a replay, it should be the same in the next tie as well. We have to sacrifice this competition.
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #599: Jan 07, 2016 08:23:15 pm
      I think it time to review the training methods!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #600: Jan 07, 2016 08:40:35 pm
      Winter of the hamstring horrors!
      Frankly, Mr Shankly
      Reply #601: Jan 13, 2016 10:42:07 pm
      Thought he was very poor tonight. All Arsenal seemingly had to do was stand still against him. Couldn't beat his man, wouldn't pass, seemed to have no idea of the options around him. Should start to make an effort on the defensive front as well. He's got pace and strength but boy he's going to have to work much much harder before he can even be considered as a player worthy of the highest expectations at Liverpool FC. I don't think he's smart enough in all honesty.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,264 posts | 6367 
      Reply #602: Jan 13, 2016 10:43:38 pm
      Thought he was very poor tonight. All Arsenal seemingly had to do was stand still against him. Couldn't beat his man, wouldn't pass, seemed to have no idea of the options around him. Should start to make an effort on the defensive front as well. He's got pace and strength but boy he's going to have to work much much harder before he can even be considered as a player worthy of the highest expectations at Liverpool FC. I don't think he's smart enough in all honesty.

Think that intelligence thing could be hampering a few of our players to be honest.
      Scottbot

• 9,600 posts | 2156 
      Reply #603: Jan 13, 2016 10:48:05 pm

Yes his decision making let him down tonight, he often tried to take the extra touch or make the wrong pass. Still got bags of potential and deserves to play given he is just about the only player we have who will dribble at players. We would see a lot better from Ibe Ithink as and when we have some forward players who run away from the ball rather than towards it all the time, because he is usually looking to play forwards.
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #604: Jan 13, 2016 11:30:21 pm
      He made Nacho Monreal look like Maldini in his prime.

He was way too predictable and struggled with the basics at times lost count how many times his crosses hit the arse of the defender.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #605: Jan 14, 2016 12:54:06 pm
      He's only 20 and I am by no means suggesting he has no future or that we should get rid or anything like that. What is painfully obvious, however, is that he is leagues behind Raheem Sterling, whom many thought he was not only ready to replace, but even better for some.

And what scares me the most is that he often reminds me of this guy...

HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #606: Jan 14, 2016 01:00:57 pm
      Anybody suggesting Sterling is so far advanced of Ibe obviously have not seen much of Raheem this season.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #607: Jan 14, 2016 01:13:11 pm
      You don't need to have been great to have done better than Ibe. And both players at the same age for LFC? There's no comparison. No amount of wishful thinking will change that.
      Binomial
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 885 posts | 37 
      • Doing things over and expecting different results
      Reply #608: Jan 14, 2016 01:34:37 pm
      gets the ball out wide, runs into defender and loses ball.

rinse and repeat
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #609: Jan 14, 2016 03:25:21 pm
      You don't need to have been great to have done better than Ibe. And both players at the same age for LFC? There's no comparison. No amount of wishful thinking will change that.

Not too difficult when your playing with a red hot Suarez and Studge.
      Let's see how Ibe would have performed with that ilk.
      Tayls

• 5,378 posts | 510 
      Reply #610: Jan 14, 2016 03:28:30 pm
      He's only 20 and I am by no means suggesting he has no future or that we should get rid or anything like that. What is painfully obvious, however, is that he is leagues behind Raheem Sterling, whom many thought he was not only ready to replace, but even better for some.

And what scares me the most is that he often reminds me of this guy...

Get the comparison in that Babel was a pace merchant with a powerful shot, both attributes Ibe shares, however I do think our Ibeeyyy has more technical skills when it comes to his dribbling and close control. I agree that Ibe looked very one dimensional last night and if he continues to put in those performances comparisons with Babel aren't unfair. However he's got more than enough time and a great coaching setup with which to improve his decision making on the ball.
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #611: Jan 14, 2016 03:36:10 pm
      Not too difficult when your playing with a red hot Suarez and Studge.
      Let's see how Ibe would have performed with that ilk.

So let's get this straight: do you think Ibe is better than Sterling?
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #612: Jan 14, 2016 03:38:06 pm
      Get the comparison in that Babel was a pace merchant with a powerful shot, both attributes Ibe shares, however I do think our Ibeeyyy has more technical skills when it comes to his dribbling and close control. I agree that Ibe looked very one dimensional last night and if he continues to put in those performances comparisons with Babel aren't unfair. However he's got more than enough time and a great coaching setup with which to improve his decision making on the ball.

I do hope you're right mate and indeed his close control is superior to Babel's, whose first touch and dribbling was often very erratic. Babel had more of an eye for the goal though, and in his first few months at LFC really impressed most of us, only to fade away later as he failed to improve. As I said fingers crossed Ibe isn't going down the same route. He's still ridiculously young and has shown signs he can be a very good player. I'd be lying if I said he does not remind me of Babel though! :D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #613: Jan 14, 2016 03:38:10 pm
      The lad needs time to develop, plain and simple. It's unfortunate for him that he sometimes has to play more than he should because of a lack of depth and/or injuries.

I'd like to see what he could do when attacking from the left hand side rather than the right in the odd game. Let's bring him inside onto his right foot for a few shots rather than him just running to the by-line, doing some static step overs and then running into the full back.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #614: Jan 14, 2016 04:50:01 pm
      So let's get this straight: do you think Ibe is better than Sterling?

No but I at this stage of there development I don't think there is a huge gulf in ability between the two as you are implying.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #615: Jan 14, 2016 04:51:43 pm
      No but I at this stage of there development I don't think there is a huge gulf in ability between the two as you are implying.

There's a gulf in end product though.
      green_bear
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,042 posts | 289 
      Reply #616: Jan 14, 2016 05:57:52 pm
      I remember Sterling had a similar stretch of games 2 or 3 seasons ago when all he did was running into the defenders or the corner flag and losing the ball. It was painful to watch. So while Ibe has been quite frustrating in his last few games, I'm not writing him off yet.
      There's no point comparing the two of them at the same age. Different players develop differently. Plus, Sterling got to play with Suarez and Sturridge, so obviously his end products would be better. I always thought Ibe looks more composed than Sterling and his finishing is definitely better. He just needs better decision making, which should improve with more experience and confidence. Plus, it seems like he's one of Klopp's favorite players so far.
      shawspeed
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 562 posts | 128 
      Reply #617: Jan 14, 2016 09:15:32 pm
      I seem to remember Sterling getting dropped for a while cos he was playing gash. It happens to all the kids at Liverpool and other clubs. Often spectacular first season, mediocre 2nd season and then finally flourishing in the 3rd season. Ibe still has plenty of time to grow and learn and improve.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,729 posts | 6711 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #618: Jan 14, 2016 10:13:45 pm
      He tries to do it all himself, that's what it is...once he realizes he has 9 other mates out there and Mignolet  ;), we might see an absolute cracking player.

What I love about him is that he has the ambition to run and take on players, I know he never gets past them and that's the frustrating as hell bit, but he will figure it out and stop being selfish. Once that happens, watch the F**k out.

jabv
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,327 posts | 181 
      • backs Harvey Elliot's haircut
      Reply #619: Jan 14, 2016 10:49:19 pm
      He does not seem to have that natural skill that allows some wingers to almost efortlessly run at the full back. Raheem absolutely had that in him, there's no space for any comparison to be had for me. Anyway, Raheem is not our player anymore, so this whole 'who's better' business is pretty pointless tbh.

I do hope Ibe gets to work on the things he can produce when he gets the ball with some space. At the moment it seems to be one of a) run head first into the closest defender or b) wait for 2+ people to close him down and send a cross straight into one of their buttocks. Last game it was specially frustrating to see.

As some have said, he's still young, but on the other hand I think you can recognize a winger of some quality even at age 20. Perhaps he's a late bloomer (kinda like Pacheco :D), I don't know...
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #620: Jan 15, 2016 01:20:17 pm
      he's young and potential so would just use him now and again and not week in week out as he's not got that football intelligence yet. Once he nails down the final ball and what to do in final 3rd i think we will have a real player. great impact player hopefully JK can bring him in slowly so he's not under massive pressue like rat boy was.

Quick Reply