Trending Topics

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 117058 times
      Magillionare
      • Official LFC Reds Sig Maker. Lives on Sesame Street.
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 14,918 posts | 2381 
      • Hold on a minute, John Wayne hasn't arrived yet.
      Re: Jordon Ibe
      Reply #391: Apr 14, 2015 06:25:24 pm

Bleh!

Many better he eases in with the injury, just keep saying blessing in disguise.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #392: Apr 15, 2015 03:51:36 pm
      echoed what was said below might be a blessing he's cup tied to get upto full speed maybe stick him in a reserve game to build up match fitness, changes line up now as i expect Markovich to be in or around the team as he's fizzled out the side once again. will be good to give him a cup tie experiance at wembely.

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #393: Apr 17, 2015 02:30:02 pm
      So Jordon was also involved in the shisha pipe and nitros oxide partying with Raheem  :angry-smiley-034:
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #394: Apr 17, 2015 02:58:24 pm
      So Jordon was also involved in the shisha pipe and nitros oxide partying with Raheem  :angry-smiley-034:

Storm in a teacup mate.
      The media is looking to stir as much sh*t as possible it seems.

An error in judgement at most, and preferable to the partying that Houllier warned Gerrard about (boozing and late nights)
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #395: Apr 17, 2015 03:06:34 pm
      Storm in a teacup mate.
      The media is looking to stir as much sh*t as possible it seems.

An error in judgement at most, and preferable to the partying that Houllier warned Gerrard about (boozing and late nights)

I agree mate, boys will be boys, especially when they're incredibly weathly ones. 
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #396: Apr 17, 2015 03:21:52 pm
      I agree mate, boys will be boys, especially when they're incredibly weathly ones.

All I can say is that it's a good job no bugger took pics or filmed me when I was that age, and I'd guess that a fair few others could say the same.

It also brings up the issue of these players being "role models".
      Are they really?
      Well, not to me, and to try and pitch them as role models does the players and the youth of this country a disservice.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #397: Apr 17, 2015 03:27:59 pm
      All I can say is that it's a good job no bugger took pics or filmed me when I was that age, and I'd guess that a fair few others could say the same.

Are they really?
      Well, not to me, and to try and pitch them as role models does the players and the youth of this country a disservice.

Same mate.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #398: Apr 17, 2015 04:00:04 pm

Are they really?

At that age I wasn't making tens of thousands per week in my job either.

I think the issue is that these young men (or boys if you prefer) are being given an immense opportunity...one that they've earned I'll grant you, but nonetheless...they are being given a once in a lifetime opportunity and to engage in behavior that could jeapordize that can sometime speak volumes to where these kids' heads are.

You make a very good point....at that age, I wouldn't want to have my full life on show either and I surely did some things that I wouldn'tn put on a resume....BUT....I'd like to think that if I were in the position they are that I'd have grown up a bit quicker and put childish things away?

Who knows, at the end of the day yes they are just human beings and humans are inherently adept at making mistakes.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #399: Apr 17, 2015 04:24:56 pm
      At that age I wasn't making tens of thousands per week in my job either.

I think the issue is that these young men (or boys if you prefer) are being given an immense opportunity...one that they've earned I'll grant you, but nonetheless...they are being given a once in a lifetime opportunity and to engage in behavior that could jeapordize that can sometime speak volumes to where these kids' heads are.

You make a very good point....at that age, I wouldn't want to have my full life on show either and I surely did some things that I wouldn'tn put on a resume....BUT....I'd like to think that if I were in the position they are that I'd have grown up a bit quicker and put childish things away?

Who knows, at the end of the day yes they are just human beings and humans are inherently adept at making mistakes.

I don't disagree, I just think that young blokes will act like young blokes at times regardless of privilege or anything else, and for that reason I don't see it as a big deal.

Stupid, naive, immature? Yes, but ultimately no big deal.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #400: Apr 17, 2015 04:30:24 pm
      I don't disagree, I just think that young blokes will act like young blokes at times regardless of privilege or anything else, and for that reason I don't see it as a big deal.

Stupid, naive, immature? Yes, but ultimately no big deal.

I agree to an extent.

Although if you have a few minutes, read up on an NFL player named Josh Gordon. Young stud wide receiver drafted by the Browns despite some red flags about juvenile behavior (smoking weed). He can't stay on the field because he hasn't been able to seperate himself from the immature/juvenile behavior. I know it's not always going to happen, just saying it would give me pause.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #401: Apr 17, 2015 04:36:06 pm
      I agree to an extent.

Although if you have a few minutes, read up on an NFL player named Josh Gordon. Young stud wide receiver drafted by the Browns despite some red flags about juvenile behavior (smoking weed). He can't stay on the field because he hasn't been able to seperate himself from the immature/juvenile behavior. I know it's not always going to happen, just saying it would give me pause.

Fair enough.

Maybe they were sniffing NOs to try and get faster ;)
      Bier
      Reply #402: Apr 17, 2015 04:45:52 pm
      The real issue here is the person that took the pics and whoever uploaded them or leaked them. Some things are just private. I do think, whether they want to or not, players are role models when they're in the public eye or on the pitch, but this is a private matter. If anything it's naive.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #403: Apr 17, 2015 04:56:16 pm
      Fair enough.

Maybe they were sniffing NOs to try and get faster ;)

Hahaha maybe so. If Sterling gets much faster he won't be able to stop himself on the pitch though.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #404: Apr 17, 2015 10:24:26 pm
      Wealth and earnings are irrelevant in my opinion.
      Young people will always push the boundaries regardless of income and do things that older and wiser heads deem to be foolish.
      We all did many dumb things when we were younger and actually still do!
      We learn from bad experiences far more than from good ones
      I am sure it wasn't something that they regularly do.....they are top athletes and unlike bygone years, these guys in this day and age are very aware that the medical staff will find them out if it became a trend and also must love the fact they get paid to do a job any of us would dream of doing.
      Storm in a tea cup and media skullduggery to unsettle our club and players.
      Non issue in my eyes
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #405: Apr 19, 2015 05:25:49 am
      who gives a crap what they do as long as they play for the red shirt!!
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #406: Apr 19, 2015 06:34:28 am
      who gives a crap what they do as long as they play for the red shirt!!

Rodgers obviously gives a crap since he spoke to them about it.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #407: Apr 21, 2015 01:43:24 pm
      top player this lad if he can stay fully fit next season on not be used as RWB he will be massive for us next yr
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,312 posts | 6376 
      Reply #408: Apr 27, 2015 12:47:45 am
      News coming that he is signing till 2020?
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #409: Apr 27, 2015 10:41:54 am
      Still think he needs to eventually start adding goals if he's going to be seen as a bigger talent than Sterling. He's wasted at wing back, get him further forward in that front 3 and lets see what he can actually do.

News coming that he is signing till 2020?

I hope so, I really like his direct play.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #410: Apr 27, 2015 12:17:03 pm
      one real positive form the west brom game was him being direct and attcking even playing in the wing back role
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #411: Apr 27, 2015 11:35:04 pm
      This lad has an eye for goal, just a bit more luck and he will be putting them away on a regular basis IMO.
      AussieRed
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,748 posts | 6720 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone
      Reply #412: Apr 28, 2015 08:26:09 am
      This lad has an eye for goal, just a bit more luck and he will be putting them away on a regular basis IMO.

Yep, how unlucky he hit the underside of the Bar. If that was another team doing it, that would have gone in.

Story of our F***ing season!

brezipool
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,521 posts | 1768 
      • Mon the Red Machine !
      Reply #413: Apr 28, 2015 08:40:00 am
      Hurry up and get this contract sorted please.

Top lad, top player, Another massive bonus to come out of this season.

Not all doom and Gloom.

Quick Reply