Trending Topics

Next match: Atalanta v LFC [Europa League] Thu 18th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Stadio di Bergamo

Today is the 18th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W9 D10 L12

Jordon 'Ibeeeeeeyyyyyy' (Liverpool -> Bournemouth)

Read 116800 times
      Scottbot
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Re: Jordon Ibe Player Thread
      Reply #506: Jul 24, 2015 07:53:15 pm
      Comfortably our best player again today and without a doubt the most impressive player through the first 4 matches.

If you're good enough your old enough.

This kid has to start against Stoke opening day for me.
      bigears

• 6,125 posts | 287 
      • My bird looks great in red
      Reply #507: Jul 24, 2015 08:16:17 pm
      Yesterday, Sterling seemed like the way to play,
      Now he's gone and Ibe's here to stay,
      Now Ibe won't leave like Pound grubbing Sterling did.
      To the tune of Yesterday , i like it Rodders .

FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #508: Jul 24, 2015 08:50:25 pm
      Yesterday, Sterling seemed like the way to play,
      Now he's gone and Ibe's here to stay,
      Now Ibe won't leave like Pound grubbing Sterling did.

You might want to work on the last line...doesn't quite flow :lmao:
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,193 posts | 6346 
      Reply #509: Jul 24, 2015 08:51:08 pm
      Comfortably our best player again today and without a doubt the most impressive player through the first 4 matches.

If you're good enough your old enough.

This kid has to start against Stoke opening day for me.

He and Clyne surely do interchange nicely down that right side. Sterling who?
      Dadorious

• 9,882 posts | 1545 
      Reply #510: Jul 24, 2015 09:38:50 pm
      Boy is impressive definite starter for me.
      Barnes10
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,631 posts | 88 
      Reply #511: Jul 24, 2015 10:41:11 pm
      He has lots of potential. One flaw I see is he often holds on to the ball too long and doesn't see the early release. But he has definitely got the raw materials to be very good.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #512: Jul 24, 2015 10:57:19 pm
      That goal has been coming. He was inches away and pretty sure he even hit the woodwork doing the same bit of play at the end of the season.

Raheem who?
      bigvYNWA
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 16,795 posts | 994 
      Reply #513: Jul 25, 2015 12:29:26 am
      He's gonna score three at the Etihad and celebrate the third teabagging a sulking Raheem.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #514: Jul 25, 2015 12:31:25 am
      That goal has been coming. He was inches away and pretty sure he even hit the woodwork doing the same bit of play at the end of the season.

Raheem who?

Sterling, mate.
      He's getting booed at Man City.
      NICE.

Anyway.
      Give the kid time.
      He'll be boss.
      Didn't have Raheem's eye for goal at youth level.
      Does have much more in terms of pace and power.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #515: Jul 25, 2015 12:36:47 am
      Sterling, mate.
      He's getting booed at Man City.
      NICE.

Oh yeah, that one. As Lucas would say..."Unlucky!"

Anyway.
      Give the kid time.
      He'll be boss.
      Didn't have Raheem's eye for goal at youth level.
      Does have much more in terms of pace and power.

Agree. Not to mention he is both footed. Not a natural goal scorer but if he continues to work on that area then he could become a 15 goal a season player over the coming years IMO.

First class attitude too, how many players would be as determined as him nowadays and be back in training, on his own basically, just weeks after the season finished and the best part is that he doesn't even have a proper agent to mess with his mind.

A mate of mine is a Wycombe fan and he said when we signed him we were getting a player with bags of potential.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #516: Jul 25, 2015 12:41:46 am
      Oh yeah, that one. As Lucas would say..."Unlucky!"

Agree. Not to mention he is both footed. Not a natural goal scorer but if he continues to work on that area then he could become a 15 goal a season player over the coming years IMO.

First class attitude too, how many players would be as determined as him nowadays and be back in training, on his own basically, just weeks after the season finished and the best part is that he doesn't even have a proper agent to mess with his mind.

A mate of mine is a Wycombe fan and he said when we signed him we were getting a player with bags of potential.

He won't be shoved inside to cover for having no strikers so he can work on his natural game.
      ie It's all gravy baby.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #517: Jul 30, 2015 10:06:28 am
      Boss: We want to make Ibe top-class

Author: Chris Shaw @shawct

Brendan Rodgers wants to create the perfect environment this season for Jordon Ibe to maintain his path towards becoming a 'top-class performer' with Liverpool.

The exciting winger was a stand-out during the team's tour of Asia and Australia this month, showing off his blistering pace, fancy footwork and shooting power.

The latter was most evident in the friendly with a Malaysia XI as the 19-year-old burst in from the right flank and thrashed into the top corner to equalise.

Ibe's pre-season exertions have continued on from the positive form he displayed last season, when he thrived with the Reds having been recalled from loan.

Rodgers reiterated that there's plenty more work for the No.33 to do but promised to provide all of the resources for him to achieve his full potential.

"It's year-on-year improvement," the manager told Liverpoolfc.com in an extended interview on tour that LFCTV GO subscribers can watch below.

"We mustn't forget he's still only 19. He broke into the team young and had some appearances. We felt he needed a loan, has gone out and did really well.

"Then when he came back last season he was exceptional in his performances. I think he really excites the supporters.

"He's definitely a player that we want to really create into a top-class performer, but we've got to give him that time and we're creating the environment for him to do that.

"You see how exciting he is, but he still has a lot of potential and work to do. He's one that certainly will feature heavily this year."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189807-boss-we-want-to-make-ibe-top-class

By the sounds of things, we'll be taking it easy with Ibe and not pushing him too far too soon. The last thing he needs is the pressure of having to do something (goals, assists or tricks) every week. Because of his work ethic and attitude I think he will get the support and patience needed.

fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #518: Jul 30, 2015 11:36:51 am

Author: Chris Shaw @shawct

Brendan Rodgers wants to create the perfect environment this season for Jordon Ibe to maintain his path towards becoming a 'top-class performer' with Liverpool.

The exciting winger was a stand-out during the team's tour of Asia and Australia this month, showing off his blistering pace, fancy footwork and shooting power.

The latter was most evident in the friendly with a Malaysia XI as the 19-year-old burst in from the right flank and thrashed into the top corner to equalise.

Ibe's pre-season exertions have continued on from the positive form he displayed last season, when he thrived with the Reds having been recalled from loan.

Rodgers reiterated that there's plenty more work for the No.33 to do but promised to provide all of the resources for him to achieve his full potential.

"It's year-on-year improvement," the manager told Liverpoolfc.com in an extended interview on tour that LFCTV GO subscribers can watch below.

"We mustn't forget he's still only 19. He broke into the team young and had some appearances. We felt he needed a loan, has gone out and did really well.

"Then when he came back last season he was exceptional in his performances. I think he really excites the supporters.

"He's definitely a player that we want to really create into a top-class performer, but we've got to give him that time and we're creating the environment for him to do that.

"You see how exciting he is, but he still has a lot of potential and work to do. He's one that certainly will feature heavily this year."

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/latest-news/189807-boss-we-want-to-make-ibe-top-class

By the sounds of things, we'll be taking it easy with Ibe and not pushing him too far too soon. The last thing he needs is the pressure of having to do something (goals, assists or tricks) every week. Because of his work ethic and attitude I think he will get the support and patience needed.

Great stuff, so he'll defo stay here and not be loaned out? Hope so.
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #519: Jul 30, 2015 11:40:40 am
      We have to learn from Sterling and break Ibe in slowly to avoid a repeat. Yes he's good enough to start week in week out but we need to protect him from the UK media hype and make him a star to fast. I think he's best being a super sub and Cup starter this season whilst still developing so that his love for the club grows and grows. Luckily Ibe doestn seem like the type of rat the other name we shall not mention is but we still need to be carefull of bigging him up to much and then he buggers off down south as soon as another mad big fee comes at our door. I think he can grow and be a massive part of our future but if broken in at stages, BR should give him a rough amount of games he will start in and a figure of how many assists and goals(which should be low) then next season give him more games and bigger targets. we risk him being a england starter blown up by UK media and then burning out to soon, we have options in his area in Markovich, Origi, etc so between them 3 we can afford to roate which of the gets in the squad each week.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #520: Jul 30, 2015 02:35:29 pm

So we can sell him for 100m?  >:D
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #521: Jul 30, 2015 02:47:56 pm
      We have to learn from Sterling and break Ibe in slowly to avoid a repeat. Yes he's good enough to start week in week out but we need to protect him from the UK media hype and make him a star to fast. I think he's best being a super sub and Cup starter this season whilst still developing so that his love for the club grows and grows. Luckily Ibe doestn seem like the type of rat the other name we shall not mention is but we still need to be carefull of bigging him up to much and then he buggers off down south as soon as another mad big fee comes at our door. I think he can grow and be a massive part of our future but if broken in at stages, BR should give him a rough amount of games he will start in and a figure of how many assists and goals(which should be low) then next season give him more games and bigger targets. we risk him being a england starter blown up by UK media and then burning out to soon, we have options in his area in Markovich, Origi, etc so between them 3 we can afford to roate which of the gets in the squad each week.

We can't use players sparingly just because we fear they may go elsewhere in the future. I do agree with you on the point that he should be rotated in the squad with other players and there's no doubt that's what will happen. It's a toss up between Ibe and Lallana for me as to who should start in one of the positions behind the striker alongside Coutinho and Firmino but I think it may be Lallana at first. 
      ajayi82
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,964 posts | 66 
      • #REDorDEAD
      Reply #522: Jul 31, 2015 02:07:51 pm
      We can't use players sparingly just because we fear they may go elsewhere in the future. I do agree with you on the point that he should be rotated in the squad with other players and there's no doubt that's what will happen. It's a toss up between Ibe and Lallana for me as to who should start in one of the positions behind the striker alongside Coutinho and Firmino but I think it may be Lallana at first.
      good point mate, lallana for me is behind Ibe the reason why I say that and its not because I dont rate Adam its basically down to speed. Ibe attacks with pace and power and keeps the speed of play flowing, Lallana takes one to many touches you see us break fast and when it gets to him he holds onto it for that extra touch or does some dancing around quick feet stuff with the ball rather than just laying it on first time and that's the reason i would go with Ibe over Lallana. I dont think we needed Lallana and i dont see him long term being at the club next summer with all the competition in that area. I think Marko can go ahead of him if he has a good Europa, league/FA cup run and when Sturridge is back also we just dont need a lallana.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #523: Jul 31, 2015 08:19:36 pm
      I have enough faith in Ibe getting Premier League minutes to have selected him in my fantasy league team! He is too good not to play and with Sterling gone and Studge out we lack pace and directness. We will be needing some and Jordon brings it in spades.
      « Last Edit: Jul 31, 2015 10:08:17 pm by Scottbot »
      s@int
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,987 posts | 2282 
      Reply #524: Jul 31, 2015 08:25:44 pm

"Premier League"

Took me a minute but I got there :)

Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #525: Jul 31, 2015 10:08:42 pm
      "Premier League"

Took me a minute but I got there :)

Bloody iPad!
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan
      • Started Topic

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #526: Aug 01, 2015 04:43:51 pm
      good point mate, lallana for me is behind Ibe the reason why I say that and its not because I dont rate Adam its basically down to speed. Ibe attacks with pace and power and keeps the speed of play flowing, Lallana takes one to many touches you see us break fast and when it gets to him he holds onto it for that extra touch or does some dancing around quick feet stuff with the ball rather than just laying it on first time and that's the reason i would go with Ibe over Lallana. I dont think we needed Lallana and i dont see him long term being at the club next summer with all the competition in that area. I think Marko can go ahead of him if he has a good Europa, league/FA cup run and when Sturridge is back also we just dont need a lallana.

Markovic and Lallana are not the same kind of player. For that matter, the bulk of your post ie. the notion that Ibe and Lallana are the same kind of player is wrong too. Lallana is clearly the most like Coutinho and will be used sometimes with but probably often instead of Coutinho, we can't burn the little Brasilian genius out and I think we have a top quality player in Lallana to sub with him. Lallana is a fantastic CAM.

Ibe and Markovic are not in the same league as Lallana. Not yet. Please don't overhype these kids and try to push them into playing elite positions they don't play, at the very top level, at such an age.
      American Red
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,157 posts | 179 
      Reply #527: Aug 02, 2015 03:41:37 am
      Markovic and Lallana are not the same kind of player. For that matter, the bulk of your post ie. the notion that Ibe and Lallana are the same kind of player is wrong too. Lallana is clearly the most like Coutinho and will be used sometimes with but probably often instead of Coutinho, we can't burn the little Brasilian genius out and I think we have a top quality player in Lallana to sub with him. Lallana is a fantastic CAM.

Ibe and Markovic are not in the same league as Lallana. Not yet. Please don't overhype these kids and try to push them into playing elite positions they don't play, at the very top level, at such an age.

Disagree with that. They aren't the same types of player, but they are for sure in the same league. If we've got Couts (and Firmino as well) on the pitch, we need a player who can add pace, power, and directness to the side. Ibe and Markovic give that. Lallana offers someone of the same positional style as Couts, but not as productive from a creativity stand-point.

Ibe's got pace, power, and skill. He's raw, but he's effective and has the potential to be a productive player. Adding goals and assists to the side this preseason and the ability to do more in the future. Only negative about him is that he tends to keep his head down. Needs to get that up so he's got some more awareness about what's going on around him and when/where is right to play the pass or cross. Other than that I honestly think I'd start Ibe along an attacking midfield of Couts and Firmino over Lallana any day of the week - if for nothing else than his pace and power.
      Scottbot

• 9,592 posts | 2153 
      Reply #528: Aug 02, 2015 10:20:48 am
      Disagree with that. They aren't the same types of player, but they are for sure in the same league. If we've got Couts (and Firmino as well) on the pitch, we need a player who can add pace, power, and directness to the side. Ibe and Markovic give that. Lallana offers someone of the same positional style as Couts, but not as productive from a creativity stand-point.

Ibe's got pace, power, and skill. He's raw, but he's effective and has the potential to be a productive player. Adding goals and assists to the side this preseason and the ability to do more in the future. Only negative about him is that he tends to keep his head down. Needs to get that up so he's got some more awareness about what's going on around him and when/where is right to play the pass or cross. Other than that I honestly think I'd start Ibe along an attacking midfield of Couts and Firmino over Lallana any day of the week - if for nothing else than his pace and power.

Am I full agreement on all points. We need some pace, power and directness in the team and Ibe brings that in spades. He does have a tendency to hold the ball a little bit too long at times but that will come with experience.

Simple question. How many players on our team can draw double teams like Ibe in the game with Helsinki yesterday? Simple answer. None.

That's why he starts in my preferred line-up.

Quick Reply