Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 19th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4199331 times
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #115: Jan 04, 2013 02:58:56 pm
      General Rumor - not a lot reported on it and I know nothing about the lad...

Will Hughes for Derby is apparently on our radar and Arsenals. Could be interesting, and good to see is investing in youth players - more of this please NESV!

Hughes is what 17? I'm impressed with us being linked to top-draw young prospects but in the summer  BR must get a No.10 who can fit straight into the starting XI plus I really hope we see more of Joao Carlos Teixeira starting next pre-season .. He has been absolutely wonderful of late, the glimpses of talent he showed in the NextGen series
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #116: Jan 04, 2013 03:04:19 pm
      I agree... You cant go on about signing and buying new players then only get one! Jesus christ, there will ab anarchy if that's it.

However, if he comes out and sais - dont worry fans, were splashing the cash  I have £30 Million to blow, lets spend spend spend - what would happen!?
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #117: Jan 04, 2013 03:10:15 pm
      I agree... You cant go on about signing and buying new players then only get one! Jesus christ, there will ab anarchy if that's it.

However, if he comes out and sais - dont worry fans, were splashing the cash  I have £30 Million to blow, lets spend spend spend - what would happen!?

That's what's hard to figure out. It's very disappointing to here him say basically no more business, but if he comes out and says we have tons of cash would that then see inflated prices? I hope it's the latter but fear it's the former.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #118: Jan 04, 2013 03:10:34 pm
      The problem is early on before the window opened I seem to remember him saying we were looking at a 2 or 3 signings with possible 1 or 2 loan deals. Also saying that the owners were willing to back him.

Now we have one signing, we've shipped Cole off and we can expect one more signing maybe???????

Unless that signing is Cavani (and if it's Ince) I'm going to be a bit let down to say the least.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #119: Jan 04, 2013 03:12:30 pm
      Better to say we're signing F**k all and announce 1 or 2 rather than
      saying were signing Sturridge or Dempsey and signing F**k all.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #120: Jan 04, 2013 03:15:53 pm
      Better to say we're signing f**k all and announce 1 or 2 rather than
      saying were signing Sturridge or Dempsey and signing f**k all.

At this point I'd be more impressed with not saying anything at all.

Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #121: Jan 04, 2013 03:33:40 pm
      Benoît Assou-Ekotto has also been struggling to find minutes, which I find pretty shocking. He's a great player and a perfect fit for our game.

Seriously?
      I could use many words to describe Ekotto but "great" certainly isn't one of them.
      Scotia
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,968 posts | 3052 
      Reply #122: Jan 04, 2013 03:40:47 pm
      Better to say we're signing f**k all and announce 1 or 2 rather than
      saying were signing Sturridge or Dempsey and signing f**k all.

Hope you're right Racer but it is all looking distressingly familiar.

Still - the window closes in 27 days, 8hrs and 20 mins (or in Ayre's case 27 days 5 hrs and 20 mins) so I'll hold out hope till then
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #123: Jan 04, 2013 03:42:33 pm
      At this point I'd be more impressed with not saying anything at all.

True - he could have said nothing! Or - I wont talk about transfers...

If we end up with one signing I will be very dissapointed, and this will for sure change my views on NESV! My mate a red said Brendan made a comment abut being the 'big club in the summer' which I thought was strange. How many times can we be told 'this is our window for big transfers' and end up with zip!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #124: Jan 04, 2013 03:52:28 pm

I seem to remember hearing this a lot last January.  When Kenny kept saying "no, we're not going to be buying anyone."  And everyone thought "there's no way we're not buying anyone, we've been awful, yet we're still within touching spot of 4th, we HAVE to get someone, Kenny's just playing a game with the media...."

And then.

Lo and behold.

We bought no one.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #125: Jan 04, 2013 03:53:18 pm

I seem to remember hearing this a lot last January.  When Kenny kept saying "no, we're not going to be buying anyone."  And everyone thought "there's no way we're not buying anyone, we've been awful, yet we're still within touching spot of 4th, we HAVE to get someone, Kenny's just playing a game with the media...."

And then.

Lo and behold.

We bought no one.

Technically, we bought a youth team player. Technically. But I know what you mean! ;D
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #126: Jan 04, 2013 03:54:34 pm
      True - he could have said nothing! Or - I wont talk about transfers...

Exactly.  Just say "it's not my practice to talk about transfers either way.  We've got a match coming up and that's most important."

Instead, "no, we won't be bringing anyone else in."

The truth is that over the last few months he's been banging on and on about getting "help" for our players, bringing in 2-3 faces, so it's not like he has been reluctant to talk about it in the past.

Suddenly on January 1 after one freaking signing we don't need help anymore?!  so what if Sturridge gets injured, we're back where we started?!

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #127: Jan 04, 2013 04:13:02 pm
      Exactly.  Just say "it's not my practice to talk about transfers either way.  We've got a match coming up and that's most important."

Instead, "no, we won't be bringing anyone else in."

The truth is that over the last few months he's been banging on and on about getting "help" for our players, bringing in 2-3 faces, so it's not like he has been reluctant to talk about it in the past.

Suddenly on January 1 after one freaking signing we don't need help anymore?!  so what if Sturridge gets injured, we're back where we started?!

We are exactly where we started... What if we get 2 injuries?! We need to spend in this window to make sure that we can move forward... Even if we spend in the summer players need time to gel. If they have written off this season lets make sure we dont write off next seasons too!
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #128: Jan 04, 2013 04:18:03 pm
      We are exactly where we started... What if we get 2 injuries?! We need to spend in this window to make sure that we can move forward... Even if we spend in the summer players need time to gel. If they have written off this season lets make sure we dont write off next seasons too!

You'll have to forgive my furor but what kind of f**king football club "writes off" a season?!  I hope that's not what FSG are doing because that's f**king beyond the pale.  We've got Luis Suarez who, on his day, is one of the best players in the world.  And we surround him with utter crap.  If he leaves after this season it will be one of the biggest on the field disappointments in our club's recent history, to let a player like him come and not give him a chance to really compete domestically and in the CL. 

I know those were your words but basically Rodgers has sort of alluded to that as well---that most of the big signings would be in the summer.  So... what does that mean?!  basically, because they fu**ed UP in August, the entire season was a write-off, because they refuse to buy anyone other than better bench players in January?

So what if summer comes and Suarez decides to bail, and so does Reina, maybe even some other players like Johnson or Agger or Skrtel.  Then what do we do, eh?  We're assuming that they'll stick around, but what if because of what we do or DON'T do they decide not to?

Some ambition. 

Where the F**k does Rodgers get off lashing into the players after Stoke, if he isn't doing everything HE can as well to make us win? 

"That's totally unacceptable, not doing everything you can to win!!!" 

"Are you going to get us better players so we have a better chance of winning?" 

"eh.... not so fast.... maybe in the summer..... but for now, here's Tom Ince!!!!"

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #129: Jan 04, 2013 04:22:22 pm
      Good point - but i cant see a mass exidous...

I think that Suarez is one of the best in the world, but he wont be here forever. We need to have a team where if our main player decides to leave we can replace from within or need only one signing to replace. We need to buy now and buy smart... Unless we go out in the summer and spend over £100 Million we will continue to be in the same place. We are dare I say it 2 or 3 signings of becoming a 4th place contender - if not higher. As our style improves so will our ability and confidence - this will be reflected in the score lines. 

NESV need to really step up their game or sell us to someone who will invest and allow us to become an amazing team again.
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #130: Jan 04, 2013 04:26:17 pm
      @AnfieldMole: @TonyEvansTimes @philmcnulty tony appreciate reply on this lfc talking to player with initials mb true or false

Any idea who this may be in reference to? I post this with a pinch of salt. Don't like Twitter rumours.
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #131: Jan 04, 2013 04:27:17 pm
      @AnfieldMole: @TonyEvansTimes @philmcnulty tony appreciate reply on this lfc talking to player with initials mb true or false

Any idea who this may be in reference to? I post this with a pinch of salt. Don't like Twitter rumours.

Mionel Bessi?
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #132: Jan 04, 2013 04:29:01 pm
      by the way - we may be forced to make a new signing... Enrique out for 6 weeks... Balls!

MB - god knows. All I can think of is Michael Ballack - but lets hope not.!

best guess wins a shiney new donkey!
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #133: Jan 04, 2013 04:30:20 pm
      Mario Balotelli - on loan... Just to make sure there is a massive implosion at LFC
      Semple
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 7,854 posts | 149 
      • Ireland's Finest Scouser. Henderson supporter.
      Reply #134: Jan 04, 2013 04:37:02 pm
      Mario Balotelli - on loan... Just to make sure there is a massive implosion at LFC

;D

Well, it has transpired that they were referring to the young fella at Derby County.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #135: Jan 04, 2013 04:43:22 pm
      ;D

Well, it has transpired that they were referring to the young fella at Derby County.

The fact that McNulty thought he was on about Bent worries the hell out of me!
      Ally-LFC
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,625 posts | 113 
      • Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart
      Reply #136: Jan 04, 2013 05:49:33 pm

Michel Bastos? Miguel Britos? Doubt it though, because if this has any substance to it I think anfieldmole would only write the initials if it were an unknown player, say a youngster from a lower league for example.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,226 posts | 6352 
      Reply #137: Jan 04, 2013 05:58:48 pm
      ;D

Mason Bennett?

Quick Reply