Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 26th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P24 W15 D7 L2

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4206512 times
      RedLFCBlood
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #12190: Apr 21, 2014 11:59:04 am
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12191: Apr 21, 2014 12:01:01 pm

Barkley was a Red until we released him, which will probably mean he'll never come back.
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #12192: Apr 21, 2014 12:06:11 pm
      Regardless of the names & rumors, if we break it down like how BR does; He said last year, to get to the top-4, you need 70 odd goals, even if Suarez scores 30, he needs around 40 more. Now, to sustain a title challenge, you would probably target another 20 more. We have 29 from Sturridge and Sterling combined, 20 from Stevie & Skrtel combined but only 9 from Coutinho, Hendo, Allen & Lucas combined.

I think thats where we need improvement cos our SaSaS will not consistently hit those numbers. A solid goal scoring center mid MUST be our priority over anything else
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12193: Apr 21, 2014 12:33:30 pm
      Our SaSaS attacking lineup is immense but we'll be competing on four fronts next season. We can't expect them to play 90 minutes of every game, even if they don't get injured or suspended so we still need signings in that area.
      I think we should nab Papiss Cisse from the barcodes. He's been written off as a one-season wonder but was banging them in in the Bundesliga prior to coming to the Premier League and has a decent record for his national side. After falling out with Newcastle over shirt sponsorship, he's looked half the player and clearly isn't happy. Like Sturridge at Chelsea, he's being played out wide and not in the middle where he wants to be. Last season he would have cost £20m and we could get him for a fraction of that now and add experience in rotation to our forward line.
      Muzzman1969
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 919 posts | 41 
      Reply #12194: Apr 21, 2014 01:14:44 pm
      I honestly cant remember the last blue to sign for us to be honest
      Apparently we have signed more players direct from Everton than any other club - although of the 20 or so, only the 2 already mentioned were after 1959.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #12195: Apr 21, 2014 01:45:27 pm
      I think we're screaming out for a new rb as Johnson has been terrible of late

WE have Johnson, Flanno, Wisdom and Kelly who can play there next season.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,316 posts | 6378 
      Reply #12196: Apr 21, 2014 01:46:59 pm
      WE have Johnson, Flanno, Wisdom and Kelly who can play there next season.

Wisdom may or may not be ready for big games, Flanno looks like he'll stay where he is on the left....Kelly is probably also not of the quality we are going to need right now (not saying he might not be down the road). So that leaves Johnson and not much cover.

So I'd agree, we are screaming out for a RB.
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #12197: Apr 21, 2014 03:01:37 pm
      If we can get De Griezmann it would be just awesome! I think he would cost about 25m which is quite decent for a player like him.
      Scottish Red Stu
      • Forum Jari Litmanen

• 48 posts |
      • Make Us Dream
      Reply #12198: Apr 21, 2014 03:21:12 pm
      Whilst were talking about midfielders, I wouldn't be surprised to see us go in for Ryan Gauld from Dundee, more of an attacking midfielder, but he's the type of signing we'd make in the mould of LLori, talented youngster, buy him in and loan him out for a season to develop.

Will Hughes could be another, perhaps we'll reignite our interest in him ?.

I've seen Gauld play a couple times for Dundee United looks good for a rubbish team in a Sunday Amateur Football League Will end up at one half of old Firm or a wolves someone like that.  I would like to see either Kroos or Isco at Liverpool next season.,
      Brian78
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,226 posts | 2806 
      • A Liverbird upon my chest
      Reply #12199: Apr 21, 2014 04:24:02 pm
      If we sign only 1 player in the summer I hope its the most dominant centre half in the world, whoever that might be
      Reprobate
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 11,055 posts | 436 
      • Avatar by Kitster29@Deviantart.com
      Reply #12200: Apr 21, 2014 04:27:42 pm
      If we sign only 1 player in the summer I hope its the most dominant centre half in the world, whoever that might be

New contract for Skrtel?  :f_tongueincheek:

Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #12201: Apr 21, 2014 05:08:06 pm

Neptune, king of the sea..! That's a good shout...

I like Barkley, but £38 Million - that's well over the top!
      Reslivo
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 14,490 posts | 521 
      Reply #12202: Apr 21, 2014 05:10:57 pm
      Barkley was a Red until we released him, which will probably mean he'll never come back.

I'm not so sure, look at Matic and Chelsea.

Still, Barkley has the potential to be a superb player. But £38m? Nah.
      billythered
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 10,934 posts | 4992 
      • From Doubters to Champions of the World
      Reply #12203: Apr 21, 2014 05:13:07 pm
      Reus,Koke,Pastore or Iniesta any would suffice for me, more realistic chances are Sniederling, Rodriguez, Lallana, oh and that wee Argentine bloke from Barca,
      JWH might have sell the Redsox to get him tho.  ;D

YNWA
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #12204: Apr 21, 2014 05:16:34 pm

We released him..? I didn't realise we ever had him!
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12205: Apr 21, 2014 05:21:42 pm

When he was a nipper, so I've heard mate.
      Poko
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,502 posts | 65 
      Reply #12206: Apr 21, 2014 05:23:14 pm

I don't think we ever did.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #12207: Apr 21, 2014 05:39:49 pm
      When he was a nipper, so I've heard mate.

Ouch - that may indeed have an impact on his decision. However, the prices quoted are mental... Surley the Bluenoses would take a lot less, especially as they need to build a squad...
      Diego LFC
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 19,332 posts | 2832 
      • Sempre Liverpool
      Reply #12208: Apr 21, 2014 05:41:10 pm
      Our SaSaS attacking lineup is immense but we'll be competing on four fronts next season. We can't expect them to play 90 minutes of every game, even if they don't get injured or suspended so we still need signings in that area.
      I think we should nab Papiss Cisse from the barcodes. He's been written off as a one-season wonder but was banging them in in the Bundesliga prior to coming to the Premier League and has a decent record for his national side. After falling out with Newcastle over shirt sponsorship, he's looked half the player and clearly isn't happy. Like Sturridge at Chelsea, he's being played out wide and not in the middle where he wants to be. Last season he would have cost £20m and we could get him for a fraction of that now and add experience in rotation to our forward line.

That's not a bad shout. Would certainly add more depth to our squad and I agree with you, he's no 1 season wonder, he's having a difficult time right now but always been a goalscorer.

As for this "if you could choose ONE player", well I would love Aaron Ramsey. Not realistic though, and I'm afraid he has too many injury problems, but I do love watching that guy.
      RobieSlick
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,758 posts | 259 
      Reply #12209: Apr 21, 2014 05:46:08 pm
      I wouldn't want to sign Mata. If the Special one doesn't rate him and the Chosen One can't get a performance out of him what chance does the Carefully Chosen One have??  :lmao:

Corrected for you  ;).
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #12210: Apr 21, 2014 06:35:52 pm
      Yesterday showed us what we have and what we need for next season...

What we don't have is another Hendo - a player who is all action and will harass and move forward with the ball. Yesterday a few times Lukas and Allen did this but in oppose to driving at the defence looked a touch lost - even when the defence were backing right off them!

So - if we sign 1 world class player this summer for me it has to be a top quality box to box midfielder - like Hendo or better such as a Yaya Toure (add his goals to our team and we would be unreal!). This is where I would concentrate - and where I think we need to, everything else is nice, but this is a big area with a small talent pool to choose from.

Absolutely 1000000% agree. Before Gerrard returned to the team in January, I felt we needed a defensive midfielder, but with the football we play and our use of the deep lying defensive midfielder, I don't think we need a defensive midfielder. We have Lucas or even Allen to cover Gerrards position if necessary.

An improved version of Henderson would be perfect. Having a 2nd box - box midfielder would give us even more energy in the middle and allow us to press more intensely in my opinion.

I Genuinely believe we'll be able to sign 2 marquee players in the summer, hopefully, 1 of them will be a box - box and the other a forward by the name of, Firmino

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #12211: Apr 21, 2014 06:42:50 pm
      Ouch - that may indeed have an impact on his decision. However, the prices quoted are mental... Surley the Bluenoses would take a lot less, especially as they need to build a squad...

Depends on whether they don't want to sell or if he wants to go as usual mate but I have a feeling the days of the Bitters selling their best young players might be over or at least slow down.

I can see him going for that amount but maybe not this summer.
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,239 posts | 4929 
      Reply #12212: Apr 21, 2014 09:27:21 pm

If we took a player from Newcastle I'd have Loic Remy first.

Quick Reply