Trending Topics

Next match: West Ham v LFC [Premier League] Sat 27th Apr @ 12:30 pm
      London Stadium

Today is the 25th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W9 D9 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4205551 times
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #17848: Sep 19, 2014 08:29:28 pm
      Think Suso needs to show a bit more fight in his game. Look at Coutinho, for example. He's a little terrier now. Suso will need to do the same if he wants some action because he'll get pushed around easy in the thuggery that is English football.

Let's not forget, too, there's a good chance he'll be starting in the league cup match.
      Passportboy
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,608 posts | 109 
      • Yippeeeee
      Reply #17849: Sep 20, 2014 09:26:12 am
      I know there is speculation on Suso leaving, but is there anything concrete..? He has travelled again this weekend and was on the bench in mid week...

carragerrard
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,584 posts | 94 
      Reply #17850: Sep 20, 2014 10:32:29 am
      I know there is speculation on Suso leaving, but is there anything concrete..? He has travelled again this weekend and was on the bench in mid week...

can understand you questioning and I agree in why he is making the squad if he is to potentialy move on
       Don't know if its a done deal with the player and the italian club, But  the Milan channel-italian tv and press are ALL saying that an agreement has been reached between Milan and the player . Don't know if they (milan) have the right to speak to the player before January if not permission has been given by LIVERPOOL

Just hope its all BS and Suso stays  and is given a new deal, after all, those reports are saying  the player will recieve 1M EURO per year(thats less than 20k Euro per week) from milan

YNWA
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #17851: Sep 20, 2014 10:41:08 am
      90% or all our transfer rumors usually turn out to be crap, so unless BR confirms it,  I won't panic.
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #17852: Sep 20, 2014 10:56:55 am
      It'd be a mistake getting rid of Suso I reckon, how is he not a valuable asset to have when other midfield players are under-performing or don't suit the opposition?
      Don't get it, now is the right time to start giving him his chance in the league after his added experience in Spain.
      He's probably much stronger than Coutinho or Lallana too = Less balls wasted against dirty tactic teams.

I don't know how sharp Suso is right now but Coutinho is wasting a sh*t ton of the ball by over-doing the tricks and intricate passes and Lallana looks like he's running through treacle (at the moment; recovering from injury)
      Sometimes you just need someone who is sharp and does the simple things well.
      Plus Suso is very technical so could actually compliment Coutinho.. be more on his wavelength; if they both play together.

I'll just leave this here

CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17853: Sep 21, 2014 11:09:00 am
      I think we've got to target some top quality players before next summer. If we wait until then we may have failed to secure champions league football, and this could prove off putting for some.

How I'd like to see us next season:

Valdes
      Flanagan  Lovren  NewCB  Moreno
                              Khedira
                     Hendo          Coutinho
         Sterling       Sturridge        Reus

Okay, Khedira and Reus would demand big wages but so what? Clearly the best players demand the biggest wages so it's either that or accept 2nd rate players. FSG need to realise that this policy of buying young players with big potential yet low wages doesn't work in this day and age.

I have always expressed my concern with Sakho but this has almost always been dismissed by fellow posters. I personally do not thibk he is good enough and can see why PSG sold him. I would therefore drop him.

I would also drop Balotelli who I feel is a hindrance to how we play. He doesn't offer that dynamism that Sturridge or Suarez offered. I'd get in Reus and pay him whatever he wanted. I'd have him pushed forward with Raheem and Sturridge.

I also think it's time for Gerrard to move on. I'd bring Khedira here and if he wanted Gerrards wages then I'd give him that.

Easier said that done. In reality what I can see happening is Brendan trying to bed in the likes of Can, Markovic and Manquillo. I still feel they are too young and inexperienced and will not offer us that grit and experience that is required. I'm not against young players, but it's important to have a fine balance. We don't have that. Our experienced players are rubbish which makes everything worse.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #17854: Sep 21, 2014 12:22:20 pm
      I think we've got to target some top quality players before next summer. If we wait until then we may have failed to secure champions league football, and this could prove off putting for some.

How I'd like to see us next season:

Valdes
      Flanagan  Lovren  NewCB  Moreno
                              Khedira
                     Hendo          Coutinho
         Sterling       Sturridge        Reus

Okay, Khedira and Reus would demand big wages but so what? Clearly the best players demand the biggest wages so it's either that or accept 2nd rate players. FSG need to realise that this policy of buying young players with big potential yet low wages doesn't work in this day and age.

I have always expressed my concern with Sakho but this has almost always been dismissed by fellow posters. I personally do not thibk he is good enough and can see why PSG sold him. I would therefore drop him.

I would also drop Balotelli who I feel is a hindrance to how we play. He doesn't offer that dynamism that Sturridge or Suarez offered. I'd get in Reus and pay him whatever he wanted. I'd have him pushed forward with Raheem and Sturridge.

I also think it's time for Gerrard to move on. I'd bring Khedira here and if he wanted Gerrards wages then I'd give him that.

Easier said that done. In reality what I can see happening is Brendan trying to bed in the likes of Can, Markovic and Manquillo. I still feel they are too young and inexperienced and will not offer us that grit and experience that is required. I'm not against young players, but it's important to have a fine balance. We don't have that. Our experienced players are rubbish which makes everything worse.
      We're definitely crying out for a top-class CM at the moment, but I'm not sure Khedira is the answer tbh. Other than that I more or less agree, but I'd prefer Manquillo at RB to Flanagan.
      bobobobo
      • Forum Ian St John

• 439 posts | 20 
      Reply #17855: Sep 21, 2014 03:04:49 pm
      I'd like to see a Schneiderlin in the Gerrard role to be honest, and save Gerrard for the Xabi Alonso type role of when we play a 4-2-3-1
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17856: Sep 21, 2014 06:45:51 pm
      I'd like to see a Schneiderlin in the Gerrard role to be honest, and save Gerrard for the Xabi Alonso type role of when we play a 4-2-3-1

Why we spent £25m on Lallana and not Schneiderlin is beyond me.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #17857: Sep 21, 2014 06:57:21 pm
      Why we spent £25m on Lallana and not Schneiderlin is beyond me.

Mate don't go there, I'm still trying to work out why spent £35mill on Carroll when we could have had Aguero for an extra 3.
      Del Boca Vista
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,006 posts | 208 
      • do do do
      Reply #17858: Sep 21, 2014 07:17:58 pm
      ^^ we were never going to sign Aguero over City...

I too had high hopes for Pacheco but he was never going to be able to cope with the physicality of the PL. He was way too small, slight and timid.

I think that's why Suso will never make it as a Prem mid.. as much as it pains us to say it. Probably why Rodgers thought Sahin would never make it, too.
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #17859: Sep 21, 2014 10:07:46 pm
      Mate don't go there, I'm still trying to work out why spent £35mill on Carroll when we could have had Aguero for an extra 3.

And I'm trying to figure out why we spent 20m on Downing when we Turan was available!
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,185 posts | 4404 
      Reply #17860: Sep 21, 2014 10:22:47 pm
      ^^ we were never going to sign Aguero over City...

I think that's why Suso will never make it as a Prem mid.. as much as it pains us to say it. Probably why Rodgers thought Sahin would never make it, too.

What rubbish I suppose Hazard, Silva and Mata are such big beasts?

Paisleydalglish
      Reply #17861: Sep 21, 2014 10:32:14 pm
      I don't think the Suso/Johnson debate is a relative one in the respect that it comes down to competition for places..

With Suso, I like the kid but I think the manager has players he deems to be further up the pecking list and that he has either invested time in developing or on them to bring them into the club.. In the couple of positions Suso could play we have probably 3 players in each position that the manager believes in and has spent time developing.

Suso could simply be unfortunate that he wasn't quite the right fit at the right time.

I don't personally think he will have agreed with any club yet as he can't technically talk until January.. It would be very naive to announce anything as yet. He seems to want to work out here with everything you hear locally.. Maybe he is giving it everything this last season to force himself in and if not then he will move on
      Red8
      • Forum Kevin Keegan

• 342 posts | 38 
      Reply #17862: Oct 02, 2014 06:36:40 pm
      bazspeedman
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 15,809 posts | 2449 
      Reply #17863: Oct 02, 2014 08:00:54 pm
      Roddenberry
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 16,568 posts | 1876 
      Reply #17864: Oct 02, 2014 08:38:03 pm

Doesn't that depend on which other news source the Metro ripped off, they don't do their own news.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #17865: Oct 02, 2014 08:59:04 pm
      Next summer I can see both Lambert and Borini making way. If Balotelli doesn't net more than 10 goals then he could also be shipped out to a different team.

Origi shall return next season. Wish we had him this season but it wasn't to be.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17866: Oct 02, 2014 09:02:25 pm

Desperate day for the Metro, he signed a massive new contract in the summer.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17867: Oct 02, 2014 09:47:50 pm
      Doesn't that depend on which other news source the Metro ripped off, they don't do their own news.

Looks like it's come from the reliable and reputable D Star :f_tongueincheek:

If we're out of the Champions League come January, we'll have no chance whatsoever of signing a 'big' name player. In all honesty, unless they're a mercenary, who in their right mind would come here based on our performances thus far?
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #17868: Oct 02, 2014 11:26:36 pm
      I don't think the Suso/Johnson debate is a relative one in the respect that it comes down to competition for places..

With Suso, I like the kid but I think the manager has players he deems to be further up the pecking list and that he has either invested time in developing or on them to bring them into the club.. In the couple of positions Suso could play we have probably 3 players in each position that the manager believes in and has spent time developing.

Suso could simply be unfortunate that he wasn't quite the right fit at the right time.

I don't personally think he will have agreed with any club yet as he can't technically talk until January.. It would be very naive to announce anything as yet. He seems to want to work out here with everything you hear locally.. Maybe he is giving it everything this last season to force himself in and if not then he will move on

Any player can sign a pre-contract agreement with any club they choose if they're in the last six months of their existing contract.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      Reply #17869: Oct 02, 2014 11:48:14 pm
      Any player can sign a pre-contract agreement with any club they choose if they're in the last six months of their existing contract.

Which he currently isn't until the New Year.

as he can't technically talk until January

Think he can mate, players can be in talks with a club at any time, just can't sign any sort of contract with them until the official transfer window. Pretty sure that's how it works because Mario Gotze had agreed a deal in principle with Bayern Munich around March/April time but obviously couldn't actually sign officially until the summer.
      Scally21
      • Forum Ian Callaghan

• 991 posts | 71 
      Reply #17870: Oct 03, 2014 12:35:50 am
      I thought that the purchasing club needs permission from the parent club to talk to any player first! Otherwise isn't it 'tapping-up'?

Quick Reply