Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P31 W17 D7 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200924 times
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #18078: Oct 27, 2014 07:12:42 pm

Brendan's third year here. There should not really be any kind of transition now. He should be building on his first two years at the club.

Need more quality and experience. Buying for the future is overrated. Let the kids in the academy be the ones for the future.

It is now the future Brendan first  bought for .

Transition  / potential  / development /  etc etc etc         all bollocks .
      hobbes2702
      • Forum Billy Liddell

• 569 posts | 34 
      Reply #18079: Oct 27, 2014 07:26:24 pm
      So he is going us into the Top 4 this season?

He might become a good player in 2-3 years, but so might Origi.

He would certainly help get us to the top 4. He is a similar player to Sturridge and would be a perfect player to have right now with Sturridge out. And while he is young he has played well this year in the Prem.
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18080: Oct 27, 2014 07:32:13 pm
      we should have analysed better what spurs went through before we decided to sign such a large number of players, the risk was huge, because if they don't work out, hopefully they will, we will go through with another 2 years of rebuilding the squad, i genuinely have fears over markovic and lallana, i think the latter will somehow find his place in our team, but the serbian was an unecessary signing, because we had alot of options in that position, i don't know how many games he will get, we should have used that money for a holding midfielder or an anchorman
      ORCHARD RED
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 8,526 posts | 1457 
      • 6 Times!
      Reply #18081: Oct 27, 2014 07:37:46 pm
      we should have analysed better what spurs went through before we decided to sign such a large number of players, the risk was huge, because if they don't work out, hopefully they will, we will go through with another 2 years of rebuilding the squad, i genuinely have fears over markovic and lallana, i think the latter will somehow find his place in our team, but the serbian was an unecessary signing, because we had alot of options in that position, i don't know how many games he will get, we should have used that money for a holding midfielder or an anchorman

The reason we had to buy so many players this season,  is because the previous transfer  windows had left's with a pretty thread bare squad low on quality. It's always hard to incorporate so many player at the same time,  but I don't think we bought too many,  it was nesessary.
      waltonl4
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 37,585 posts | 7139 
      Reply #18082: Oct 27, 2014 07:55:24 pm
      The reason we had to buy so many players this season,  is because the previous transfer  windows had left's with a pretty thread bare squad low on quality. It's always hard to incorporate so many player at the same time,  but I don't think we bought too many,  it was nesessary.

I now believe our policy excludes us buying any marquee signings. If  Messi was desperate to join LFC for £40mil on a 4 year deal we would say no thanks because its unlikely we would get much of a sell on fee.
      Basically no over 25's unless they are cheap
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      • Elmore James got nothin' on this baby!
      Reply #18083: Oct 27, 2014 07:58:33 pm
      I now believe our policy excludes us buying any marquee signings. If  Messi was desperate to join LFC for £40mil on a 4 year deal we would say no thanks because its unlikely we would get much of a sell on fee.
      Basically no over 25's unless they are cheap

Alexis Sanchez?
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18084: Oct 27, 2014 08:04:38 pm

The thing is mate that we genuinely don't know how hard we are going after these types and what we are dangling their way to come here, I'm not saying I know but we simply could be going in for them, offering them the same types of deal we are becoming famed for, incentive based, rather than straight hard real top end cash.

With Sanchez I know all the talk of him preferring London, and I buy that but I don't doubt that his agent asked what we were willing to offer even if it was to use as a bargaining tool with Arsenal, and we couldn't have offered anything to even make him consider a change of thought process.

You could argue the odd name like this that we are going for in a half hearted way is to appease the fan base.

I don't know obviously but I wouldn't think we offer what the likes of the other top clubs do in wages to make us compete when it comes down to it
      TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #18085: Oct 27, 2014 08:11:52 pm
      The thing is mate that we genuinely don't know how hard we are going after these types and what we are dangling their way to come here, I'm not saying I know but we simply could be going in for them, offering them the same types of deal we are becoming famed for, incentive based, rather than straight hard real top end cash.

With Sanchez I know all the talk of him preferring London, and I buy that but I don't doubt that his agent asked what we were willing to offer even if it was to use as a bargaining tool with Arsenal, and we couldn't have offered anything to even make him consider a change of thought process.

You could argue the odd name like this that we are going for in a half hearted way is to appease the fan base.

I don't know obviously but I wouldn't think we offer what the likes of the other top clubs do in wages to make us compete when it comes down to it

Yeah I don't know for sure either. Seems like we really were trying for Sanchez though and that Barca preferred to send him our way.

There's talk in like the Metro or whatever that Reus is looking for 180k/week or so. That's if we're even in for him haha
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18086: Oct 27, 2014 08:14:27 pm
      Yeah I don't know for sure either. Seems like we really were trying for Sanchez though and that Barca preferred to send him our way.

There's talk in like the Metro or whatever that Reus is looking for 180k/week or so. That's if we're even in for him haha

I don't doubt we tried but once it came down to it I would think our offer wouldn't match that financially of the other top clubs in the world.

Suarez eventually got it but came here as a gamble that others didn't fancy at that point on 35k a week.

TheRedMosquito
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 12,201 posts | 633 
      Reply #18087: Oct 27, 2014 08:21:53 pm
      I don't doubt we tried but once it came down to it I would think our offer wouldn't match that financially of the other top clubs in the world.

Suarez eventually got it but came here as a gamble that others didn't fancy at that point on 35k a week.

To be fair re: Suarez's initial wage, I think source is important. Goalscorers in the Eredivise don't always have success in the Premier League. Good God, look how awful Jozy Altidore is!

But a player coming from Barcelona or an upper table La Liga club in general will get a high initial offer. I highly doubt Arsenal outbid us for Sanchez for the simple reason that it's Arsenal and they don't outbid anybody.
      Paisleydalglish
      Reply #18088: Oct 27, 2014 08:23:27 pm
      To be fair re: Suarez's initial wage, I think source is important. Goalscorers in the Eredivise don't always have success in the Premier League. Good God, look how awful Jozy Altidore is!

But a player coming from Barcelona or an upper table La Liga club in general will get a high initial offer. I highly doubt Arsenal outbid us for Sanchez for the simple reason that it's Arsenal and they don't outbid anybody.

Yes and no mate, I think Suarez was tainted when we brought him.

I'd personally imagine they pay top dollar for Ozil and Sanchez mate
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18089: Oct 27, 2014 08:24:23 pm
      also what raises questions is the fact that we were reportedly shocked by verona asking price for juan iturbe, they asked 23 mil euros, but we decided to pay a bigger ammount for markovic, saw iturbe at roma (the signed him eventually) and he was superb so far, scored a goal against juve too
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18090: Oct 30, 2014 06:37:32 am
      According to reports LFC are in pole position to sign Marco Reus, 25, after talks over a new contract at Borrusia Dortmund collapsed.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/29/marco-reus-closer-to-32m-liverpool-transfer-as-borussia-dortmund-finally-end-contract-talks-4927349/
      Vicks86
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,635 posts | 273 
      Reply #18091: Oct 30, 2014 07:43:27 am
      According to reports LFC are in pole position to sign Marco Reus, 25, after talks over a new contract at Borrusia Dortmund collapsed.

http://metro.co.uk/2014/10/29/marco-reus-closer-to-32m-liverpool-transfer-as-borussia-dortmund-finally-end-contract-talks-4927349/

Perfect signing and given their position, if we dump the max cash, I guess he'll be interested to move. May be we should get into the CL knock-outs to be more appealing
      alex1995
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,186 posts | 165 
      Reply #18092: Oct 30, 2014 08:25:15 am
      Perfect signing and given their position, if we dump the max cash, I guess he'll be interested to move. May be we should get into the CL knock-outs to be more appealing

Definitely, We are the most serious club. I mean Chelsea, ManU and City don't need Reus. He will want a starting place. We're the ony club where is is guaranteed to stard. But he have to be in the top 4 and still in the CL to sign him, otherwise we don't have a chance of getting him.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18093: Oct 30, 2014 08:44:58 am
      If it did materialise his signing would give us the teeth to make a serious challenge in all competitions, at least those he would be eligible to play in.
      ruthcity
      • Forum Legend - Dalglish

• 6,929 posts | 1477 
      Reply #18094: Oct 30, 2014 09:29:44 am
      Now I know the real responsibility of a Director of Football - basically a transfers economist.
      FL Red
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 31,231 posts | 6359 
      Reply #18095: Oct 30, 2014 12:48:33 pm

Metro......me thinks I won't hold my breath ;D
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18096: Oct 30, 2014 12:57:21 pm
      As much as I'd love him here, what we really need to prioritise in Jan is the replacement for Suarez we should have bought in the Summer.
      Kubee
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 469 posts | 11 
      Reply #18097: Oct 30, 2014 01:06:52 pm
      As much as I'd love him here, what we really need to prioritise in Jan is the replacement for Suarez we should have bought in the Summer.
      I think Reus could be that replacement tbh, at least in terms of making up for his goals and assists tally.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18098: Oct 30, 2014 01:12:57 pm
      I think Reus could be that replacement tbh, at least in terms of making up for his goals and assists tally.

He's an attacking midfielder/winger not a striker.
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #18099: Oct 30, 2014 01:18:35 pm
      He's an attacking midfielder/winger not a striker.

As long as the goals are scored then it doesn't matter who gets them or what position they play in. Reus scores goals and gets assists for fun so I'd definitely have him in a heart beat but I can't see it happening in all honesty.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18100: Oct 30, 2014 01:25:30 pm
      As long as the goals are scored then it doesn't matter who gets them or what position they play in. Reus scores goals and gets assists for fun so I'd definitely have him in a heart beat but I can't see it happening in all honesty.

Reus is not the answer to our problems. He's be a welcome addition and I'd love us to sign him but what we need is movement up front, someone making diagonal runs to drag defenders out of positions for guys like Reus to run in to. That's why the midfielders we have hadn't been scoring.

Quick Reply