Trending Topics

Next match: Fulham v LFC [Premier League] Sun 21st Apr @ 4:30 pm
      Craven Cottage

Today is the 20th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P32 W19 D8 L5

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4200385 times
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #18170: Nov 09, 2014 04:35:30 pm
      It would have been nice to get him a couple of seasons ago Luke when he was hankering after the striker role and a big pay rise at the Arse but for whatever reason we didn't.  Doubt we'll get him now though mate.

Unfortunately, I agree Debs.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18171: Nov 09, 2014 04:41:34 pm

The Club's got a bit predictable recently hasn't it mate.  Not only do we know exactly which players we won't get, we know exactly who won't be dropped and how we'll set up when we play.

It's no wonder we're so easy to beat these days.
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18172: Nov 11, 2014 06:22:32 pm
      http://www.90min.com/posts/1541802-liverpool-invite-wonderkid-martin-odegaard-for-anfield-and-melwood-tour?a_aid=35322

This lad ticks all the boxes of our current transfer policy and is widely considered to be one of the best prospects in world football. I'm not personally saying he's the next Messi as I've literally only seen a few youtube clips but people who base their opinions on a lot more than just a few clips can't stop raving about him.

Crazy phrases like "semi-god" of football, "the perfect blend of Xavi and Iniesta" etc follow this lad around all the time and the hype couldn't be much higher.

Don't usually buy into much of the hype sh*t and rather judge for myself but occasionally there is one you just think that there's too much being said that at least some of it must be true and I get the feeling this is one of those times.

Another article on the lad that shows we should be right out in pole position:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/martin-odegaard-set-reject-advances-manchester-clubs-dream-liverpool-move-1470954

reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18173: Nov 11, 2014 06:47:41 pm
      http://www.90min.com/posts/1541802-liverpool-invite-wonderkid-martin-odegaard-for-anfield-and-melwood-tour?a_aid=35322

This lad ticks all the boxes of our current transfer policy and is widely considered to be one of the best prospects in world football. I'm not personally saying he's the next Messi as I've literally only seen a few youtube clips but people who base their opinions on a lot more than just a few clips can't stop raving about him.

Crazy phrases like "semi-god" of football, "the perfect blend of Xavi and Iniesta" etc follow this lad around all the time and the hype couldn't be much higher.

Don't usually buy into much of the hype sh*t and rather judge for myself but occasionally there is one you just think that there's too much being said that at least some of it must be true and I get the feeling this is one of those times.

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/martin-odegaard-set-reject-advances-manchester-clubs-dream-liverpool-move-1470954

He's certainly a talent Luke and I'm sure if we're genuinely interested in him we can get him. 
      MIRO
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 12,989 posts | 3124 
      • Trust The Universe
      Reply #18174: Nov 11, 2014 07:02:31 pm
      The Club's got a bit predictable recently hasn't it mate. 
      Not only do we know exactly which players we won't get, we know exactly who won't be dropped and how we'll set up when we play.

It's no wonder we're so easy to beat these days.

Class post Debs.

Have to be honest. Given up on Bleacher Report  et al .... on who may or may not be coming or who we might be after.
      I need to lie down afterwards.

It becomes the summer sport on the forum to keep our fix going ...... but in retrospect we are always off the mark.
      As are the journos.

After our excitement and expectations this summer I have to say I am now seriously underwhelmed by it all.
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #18175: Nov 11, 2014 07:32:51 pm
      If we persuade him and his old man this would be a first for our scouts.
      reddebs
      • "LFC Hipster"
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,980 posts | 2264 
      Reply #18176: Nov 11, 2014 07:44:26 pm
      Class post Debs.

Have to be honest. Given up on Bleacher Report  et al .... on who may or may not be coming or who we might be after.
      I need to lie down afterwards.

It becomes the summer sport on the forum to keep our fix going ...... but in retrospect we are always off the mark.
      As are the journos.

After our excitement and expectations this summer I have to say I am now seriously underwhelmed by it all.

Aye Skip, it's the hope that kills us in the end.
      insideanfield
      • Forum Sami Hyypia

• 472 posts | 22 
      Reply #18177: Nov 11, 2014 08:56:22 pm
      Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO
      Reports in Italy claim Liverpool are weighing up a move for Fiorentina goalkeeper Neto.

Very good goalkeeper is Neto. I'm not sure if he is a good communicator but he is brave as they come and actually commands the box. He was superb for Brazil at the Olympics. He'd also be cheap as chips as he is refusing to sign a new contract at Fiorentina and Juventus have also looked at him as a long term replacement for Gianluigi Buffon.
      5timesacharm
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,507 posts | 948 
      Reply #18178: Nov 11, 2014 08:58:49 pm
      Pete O'Rourke @SkySportsPeteO
      Reports in Italy claim Liverpool are weighing up a move for Fiorentina goalkeeper Neto.

Well at least it's in keeping with our shopping cheaply. We'll probably end up with a striker called Aldi as well :P
      GeorgeRed
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,590 posts | 324 
      Reply #18179: Nov 13, 2014 08:41:21 am
      30 mil for jackson martinez ? wtf
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #18180: Nov 13, 2014 08:51:36 am
      30 mil for jackson martinez ? wtf

Considering that just a few months ago we paid 20m for a winger who is afraid of his own shadow, 30m for one of the top strikers in Europe doesn't seem so outrageous, does it....
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #18181: Nov 13, 2014 08:53:11 am
      AlwaysTheKop
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 8,438 posts | 1463 
      • CHAMP19NS.
      Reply #18182: Nov 13, 2014 09:06:13 am
      Apparently Varane available for £19 million in January, wish we would have gone for him instead of Lovren, him and Sakho have always looked class together for France..
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,173 posts | 4402 
      Reply #18183: Nov 13, 2014 09:11:12 am
      Apparently Varane available for £19 million in January, wish we would have gone for him instead of Lovren, him and Sakho have always looked class together for France..

I cant see Real letting him go. One of the best young up and coming CB's in the world.

I wonder if llori could form that partnership with Sakho?
      KopiteLuke
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 21,056 posts | 3784 
      Reply #18184: Nov 13, 2014 09:21:25 am

Would snap their hands of at £30m, he is an incredible defender and don't think there's any chance he'll leave. He's just signed a new contract recently, really does sound like bullshit to me.

Even if we accept that he would leave every team around would be after him, I guess we'd be outbid by location again :)
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #18185: Nov 13, 2014 09:41:18 am
      Would snap their hands of at £30m, he is an incredible defender and don't think there's any chance he'll leave. He's just signed a new contract recently, really does sound like bullshit to me.

Even if we accept that he would leave every team around would be after him, I guess we'd be outbid by location again :)

Having Varane at Liverpool would be like having a formula one car yet not know how to use it. He'd only be undermined by a) his incompetent team mates and b) incompetent football coaches who know nothing about defending. Bring in a decent defensive coach and we may be onto something.
      racerx34
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 33,595 posts | 3839 
      • THE SALT IN THE SOUP
      Reply #18186: Nov 13, 2014 10:03:47 am

He's a smooth operator.
      So, no we won't get him.
      fields of anny rd
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,663 posts | 1961 
      Reply #18187: Nov 13, 2014 10:08:37 am
      Well at least it's in keeping with our shopping cheaply. We'll probably end up with a striker called Aldi as well :P

Does Billy Lidl have any grand children!?
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #18188: Nov 13, 2014 12:24:18 pm
      I cant see Real letting him go. One of the best young up and coming CB's in the world.

I agree. Not just one of the best young up  and coming CBs, but possibly one of the best regardless of age.
      heimdall
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,818 posts | 2724 
      Reply #18189: Nov 13, 2014 02:19:50 pm

He's the real deal, had a fantastic season in the Norwegian league, holding his own physically with senior players and often times embarrassing them with his skills. I think he'll develop into a superb player, plus it would be good to have another Norwegian player in the club as it almost always precedes us getting a cup or two. :-)
      jimmy_tries
      • Forum Paul Ince

• 82 posts |
      Reply #18190: Nov 14, 2014 02:19:57 am

Completely agree. The kid is straight class.
      stuey
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 36,001 posts | 3952 
      Reply #18191: Nov 14, 2014 08:30:49 am
      Divok Origi wants to cut short his loan spell with Lille and rejoin LFC ''sooner rather than later''.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/13/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-belgium
      Rush
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 9,487 posts | 1490 
      • "If you are second, you are nothing."
      Reply #18192: Nov 14, 2014 09:28:44 am
      Divok Origi wants to cut short his loan spell with Lille and rejoin LFC ''sooner rather than later''.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/nov/13/divock-origi-liverpool-lille-belgium
      Over to you Gaffer

Quick Reply