Trending Topics

Next match: Everton v LFC [Premier League] Wed 24th Apr @ 8:00 pm - Pre Match Topic
      Goodison Park

Today is the 24th of April and on this date LFC's match record is P25 W10 D8 L7

General LFC Transfer rumours/gossip thread

Read 4203874 times
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Re: General Transfer rumours/gossip thread
      Reply #15433: Jul 25, 2014 11:19:57 pm
      The Assaidi deal isn't official yet, right?

We should switch it up and give them Assaidi + cash in exchange for Begovic.
      Aminegriffy
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,629 posts | 141 
      Reply #15434: Jul 25, 2014 11:43:04 pm
      Lallana 6 weeks off ffs !!
      :(
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #15435: Jul 25, 2014 11:56:08 pm

A real shame. Chance maybe for Suso to stake a claim
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15436: Jul 26, 2014 12:11:58 am
      A real shame. Chance maybe for Suso to stake a claim

No
      Alfie2510
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 2,572 posts | 351 
      Reply #15437: Jul 26, 2014 12:26:06 am

Why not? Who thought Sterling would be in the position he is 1 year ago?
      HScRed1
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 20,174 posts | 4402 
      Reply #15438: Jul 26, 2014 09:18:45 am
      Deffo a opportunity for one of the youngsters to step forward.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #15439: Jul 26, 2014 09:36:35 am
      Not technically LFC related but I'm still shocked about Carroll getting injured again.

I mean we really got lucky that West Ham gave us £17m for him.  He could still be on our books.  Can you imagine?

what were they thinking?
      srslfc
      • Forum Legend - Shankly

• 32,172 posts | 4906 
      Reply #15440: Jul 26, 2014 12:13:42 pm
      Not technically LFC related but I'm still shocked about Carroll getting injured again.

And definitely not transfer related either Fed.

You struggled to find a thread to moan about the Carroll ssga again then? :f_tongueincheek: ;D
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15441: Jul 26, 2014 12:47:08 pm
      He isn't next on the list, but it might give him a few sub minutes that he wouldn't have got otherwise. Though really I see Suso's talents lying deeper than Lallana's.
      CoutinhoRed
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,353 posts | 103 
      Reply #15442: Jul 26, 2014 12:56:09 pm
      Why not? Who thought Sterling would be in the position he is 1 year ago?

Sorry mate, just cannot see it happening. Not entirely sure how much faith BR has in Suso, and given his attributes, I'd say he has a lot to work on until he can become a key member of the team. Sterling managed to take his form from youth football into senior football almost instantly, which is what Suso has struggled to do at Liverpool. Looking at Suso, he certainly needs to sort his diet out. Either that or he needs to train harder, because he doesn't have the required work rate of a Liverpool player and his BF% looks particularly high for a professional football player of his age.
      Swab
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 13,361 posts | 3462 
      Reply #15443: Jul 26, 2014 01:46:44 pm

Yeah, he looks really chubby  :roll:
      mcarz
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 17,179 posts | 1355 
      Reply #15444: Jul 26, 2014 01:49:50 pm
      Sorry mate, just cannot see it happening. Not entirely sure how much faith BR has in Suso, and given his attributes, I'd say he has a lot to work on until he can become a key member of the team. Sterling managed to take his form from youth football into senior football almost instantly, which is what Suso has struggled to do at Liverpool. Looking at Suso, he certainly needs to sort his diet out. Either that or he needs to train harder, because he doesn't have the required work rate of a Liverpool player and his BF% looks particularly high for a professional football player of his age.

:lmao:

What a load of sh*t!
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15445: Jul 26, 2014 02:22:00 pm
      Looking at Suso, he certainly needs to sort his diet out. Either that or he needs to train harder, because he doesn't have the required work rate of a Liverpool player and his BF% looks particularly high for a professional football player of his age.

What a load of crock. What you on lad?
      lreland
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 1,360 posts | 116 
      Reply #15446: Jul 26, 2014 02:33:15 pm
      l think suso goodplayer, and look adam will be back for westham and everton game, he only going miss 3 games
      JaySee
      • Forum Youth Player

• 8 posts |
      Reply #15447: Jul 26, 2014 02:40:37 pm
      Haha!

Wish I was as fat as Suso!
      PurpleMonkey
      • Forum Legend - Paisley

• 10,000 posts | 1991 
      Reply #15448: Jul 26, 2014 03:42:53 pm

Yeah, he looks really chubby  :roll:

Wow, look at all that body fat, he really needs to put in triple sessions.
      federer
      • Needs a Klopp hug
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,932 posts | 645 
      Reply #15449: Jul 26, 2014 10:13:18 pm
      ok watching that Herrera kid for the Mancs has got me thinking that we really need a top class CM in his prime.  Stevie is not in his prime.  Henderson is not top class.  We have a lot of numbers with Allen and Can etc but none of them are ready to play both sides of the pitch game in and game out.  Coutinho is mostly an AM and doesn't play CM. I don't think I've ever seen as many through balls in 90 minutes as from that Herrera.  We need someone like him to provide that for us.  Pogba would be great.  Vidal would be even better.  And don't tell me we won't spend money like that on a 27 year old when we just spend an absurd amount of money on a 26 year old in Lallana.

Top class CM please.  Then we'd be unstoppable.
      lester76
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 4,810 posts | 242 
      Reply #15450: Jul 26, 2014 10:17:22 pm
      ok watching that Herrera kid for the Mancs has got me thinking that we really need a top class CM in his prime.  Stevie is not in his prime.  Henderson is not top class.  We have a lot of numbers with Allen and Can etc but none of them are ready to play both sides of the pitch game in and game out.  Coutinho is mostly an AM and doesn't play CM. I don't think I've ever seen as many through balls in 90 minutes as from that Herrera.  We need someone like him to provide that for us.  Pogba would be great.  Vidal would be even better.  And don't tell me we won't spend money like that on a 27 year old when we just spend an absurd amount of money on a 26 year old in Lallana.

Wow!
      Have to say i 100% agree with you Fed!
      This is getting weird as i have agreed with you whole heartedly on a couple of occasions recently.
      I too reckon that we need a top top CM ASAP.
      I like our current CM options but also feel we are sorely lacking the top top quality we need to provide the link and cut and thrust that we need.
      A top CM, the goal keeper situation sorted and our full back positions improved upon and i feel we are basically there for the season ahead.
      7-King Kenny-7
      • Lives on Sesame Street
      • LFC Reds Subscriber
      • 44,014 posts | 5760 
      • You'll Never Walk Alone!
      Reply #15451: Jul 26, 2014 10:26:27 pm

I'm not disagreeing we need a top class CM but am genuinely wondering;

How often have you have actually seen Herrara play?

What basis are you saying that Can isn't capable yet when I very much doubt you have seen him play much at all other than the odd champions League game?
      Hollywood Balls
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,802 posts | 469 
      • PhD, School of Hard Knocks, University of Life.
      Reply #15452: Jul 26, 2014 11:03:51 pm
      Ah, you've watched a preseason game; please tell us, ignoring the Year of Moyes, which "top class CM in his prime" did United rely on when they won five of the last seven years league titles, losing the other two on a point or goal difference?
      fishpie
      • Forum Legend - Fagan

• 3,570 posts | 212 
      Reply #15453: Jul 26, 2014 11:04:03 pm
      Just think of when Stevie G entered the pitch for the first games, how old was he? He became the player he is because of his desire, talent and games. He got to play. I don't see how a young Emre Can can't be given the time to prove to us he is has that desire and talent to be given the games he should be playing in that role.
      They aren't the same player, no players are the same but the moral of the story is the same.

We can't always look to other clubs for their players who they gave that chance to, sometimes we have to look at who we've got and show faith in them, that includes players on the fringe like Suso and Texiera, are we going to let them play for us or covet other teams players constantly?

Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15454: Jul 26, 2014 11:51:20 pm

You do realize that Henderson out performed Herrera in just about every midfielder metric last year, bar one fewer goal, and several fewer tackles? (http://www.squawka.com/comparison-matrix#la_liga/2013/2014/ander_herrera/69/69/1538/0/p|premier_league/2013/2014/jordan_henderson/126/64/86/0/p#successful_passes/key_passes/chances_created/goals_scored/assists/tackles_won/interceptions/blocks/total_score/pass_completion#total)
      Henderson did have more game time, but they clearly are in about the same ball-park of ability. Herrera just looked good against an MLS team surrounded by nearly the entirety of his first team.
      I'm chill with getting Vidal (to go alongside Henderson), but Henderson is F***ing boss and anyone who says otherwise is a massive WUM
      Thaddeus
      • Forum Legend - Benitez

• 2,063 posts | 171 
      Reply #15455: Jul 26, 2014 11:52:36 pm
      TLDR: Henderson>= Herrera, and if you think otherwise  :mad:

Quick Reply